Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
Quote:
I'm about to place an order on netrition and wanted to know what everyone's fav splurge items are?
Most recently:
Smackaroo's Low Carb Crackers,
Da Vinci Sugar Free Syrup,
Day Break Bars, Cranberry Almond
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #542
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Carol, I work third shift too and have been taking along some of the Extend Crisps to use as a 4 AM snack. I also really like the Snacklite PowerPB spread on Dark Rye Ryvita crackers. The peanut butter spread has extra protein in it. I eat my main meal of the day in the cafeteria and usually get a big raw veggie salad and then add a pkg. of either salmon or tuna to it. I love the MacNut Oil from Netrition and mixed it with organic apple cider vinegar and a little stevia for a dressing. I haven't tried pop corn for a snack yet, but, usually look something with some protein in it.

Just found a new item that works well with the plan. FIBER GOURMET CHEESE SNACKS. They have 12 gm fiber, 20gm carb, 0 sugar and just 80calories a pkg. I think I need to be eating a little more fiber. Have had a cold this week and not doing as well as I would like to be with the eating. Almost afraid to get weighed tomorrow. Not eating so many of the wrong things, just too much of the right things and not exercising.

Last edited by stilldews; 10-06-2010 at 07:03 AM..
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
For my at work meal, which I eat around 2AM, = grilled chicken breast, cut up and then mixed with Mayo. plus my pop corn. = 0/2 value.

PeacefulGuide: If you have the Belly Fat Cure Book, on page #81 the Blueberry Velevet Muffins are great! S/C value = 0/2 for 2 muffins.

I had a good day with my food, my S/C value for the last couple of days = 4/6. I'm not hungary so I hope I can stay with this plan and loss some weight before the hoildays.

Last edited by shapeup; 10-06-2010 at 04:52 PM..
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #544
Senior LCF Member

PeacefulGuide, I think most of Linda's low carb bread recipes would work with the Belly Fat Cure. Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Bread Recipes
Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #545
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RachelleS
I've been trying to follow the Belly Fat Cure - when I'm good about keeping track, I stay on track. Duh. Today was not good - had Chinese for lunch so I can just imagine. I love the Belly Fat Cure Sugar & Carb Counter book!!! So useful.

I love the smoothies - my favorite is the Chocolate Lover's Shake only I'm making it with the ice cream no sugar added as no one sells Clemmy's in North Dakota. I am going to buy some malitol though and try and make ice cream in my VitaMix. I don't mind the vanilla drink made with tea - I'm not a tea drinker so it's a good way to get tea in me. Popcorn is my am snack, I have a salad for lunch (lettuce, chicken, black beans, salsa and Walden's Farms Ranch dressing) with 2 Dove Dark Sugar Free chocolates, turkey slices wrapped around pickles for pm snack - dinner's are harder and what I need work on - same with weekends although now that we are done camping, that will be easier. What I do like about the BFC are the recipes - they are ones that my family will eat and I am watching the sugar content now which is huge for me. Even if I'm not a 100%, I am more aware which is a good thing. Now to just start tracking and keep tracking. I've been wearing a bodybugg since February 2009 and have gained weight, not lost. I've been using the BB site to track my food but that too does not have sugar. Before BB I was using ******. I am going to check ************ out.

Now to find an easier way to get some of the products. I need to get Scotty's BBQ sauce, the malitol, and others that our local grocery does not carry - we have two local stores that do have health food section but there isn't much to choose from. I did find the Ragu no sugar added spaghetti sauce which I was thankful for.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you're off to a good start Rochelle. I find I have to order a lot of things online, but a number of places have a flat rate postage of $4.95, so I don't mind having to place a monthly order.

This week was week 3 for me and my weight only dropped .8 pounds, but I know the last few days I have not be real careful about tracking plus I've been taking a lot of cold medicine. Overall, I'm very happy with 8.8 pounds off in 3 weeks. I think the most important thing is just to stick with this way of eating long term. If you follow the blog Me and Jorge, the woman on it often only lost a pound a week, but over a years time she has made a tremedous change in her body. http://www.meandjorge.com/

Last edited by stilldews; 10-07-2010 at 06:54 AM..
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #547
Senior LCF Member

My current favorite lunch is:

1/2 avocado, diced
1/2 small tomato, diced
1 slice Montery Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, diced
1 Tb Med Pace Picante sauce
sea salt to taste

Mix all together, add a few drops of hot sauce if desired and serve with:

3 Ry Krisp Sesame Crackers.

total is 27 gm carbs, 10 gm protein, 4 gm sugar and 15 gm fiber.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #548
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RachelleS
I have to work on the artifical sweeteners and quiting Dt. Dr. Pepper. Those I'm finding to be the hardest. I don't care for water unless I'm exercising so I drink a lot of crystal light.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #549
Senior LCF Member

I didn't like the Zevia very well at first, but am finding that after being off the other artificial sweeteners for awhile it taste pretty good. They have one that is suppose to taste like Dr Pepper.

I did order some Extend Bars and also some Quest Bars with sucrolose, but otherwise have switched to Stevia.

Last edited by stilldews; 10-07-2010 at 11:40 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #550
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: *StarFire*
Stats: 227/193/130
WOE: The Belly fat Cure
Start Date: Feb. 2010
I started the BFC way of eating about 8 months ago. Now i haven't really lost very much weight on it, but the Idea of what he teaches make a lot of sense if you know anything about diabetes. I don't eat all the high fat like Gorge does I try to eat leaner meats, & cheese,ect.....I am hoping to find some one on here that started eating the way he says to eat & it didn't work , then they found a way to make it work. He also has another book coming out but not till April 1st 2011 called:"Fast Track To The Belly Fat Cure"
*StarFire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #551
Junior LCF Member

I hadn't had pop in over 5 years & I was addicted to Pepsi! Then i started the bfc & found out about Sevia & I was in heaven. I also make my own ice cream. You can use unsweetened almond milk, Xylitol or Truvia & vanilla extract.

I use 1/2 unsweetened almond milk & 1/2 , half & half to equal 1/2 cup total
1tsp vanilla extract or any flavor you like
1-3 packets truvia depending on how sweet you like it

You put all of that in a zip lock sandwich bag & seal it
then you put it in a gallon size zip lock bag, a little less than 1/2 full with ice & about 1/4c or so of rock salt or kosher salt, seal it and shake it around for 5 min or so until it feels like ice cream.
make sure to use a towel or gloves as it gets really cold.......have your cold water ready to rinse of the bag of ice cream off so it don't drip the salty water in your bowl when you take it out! Enjoy!
I haven't tried the unsweetened Vanilla or chocolate almond milk for this yet but I plan on it soon!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #552
Junior LCF Member

There is a web site called *******. I have heard a lot of bad things about the creator of the web site, but I think some of the recipes sound pretty good. You'll have to decide for your self! I have found quite a few LOW carb recipes on there, but I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet but I will post it when I do! They have a 4 carb pizza recipe I'm going to try! I LOVE PIZZA!!!!

Last edited by *StarFire*; 10-14-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #553
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mortgagemom
Stats: 218/212.8/145 5'5"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2014
Molly2009 - I too have done Atkins in the past. But after several years, I've gained back everything I lost and then some. So now I just started BFC and find it easier to stick to. At least so far - it's only been a week, but I lost over 5 lbs!

I can't believe I remembered my password for this sight - first time I've been back in over 4 years! Guess I'll have to update my info.......I'm not even in the mortgage biz anymore, oh well, don't think I can change my username. LOL!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by *StarFire* View Post
I started the BFC way of eating about 8 months ago. Now i haven't really lost very much weight on it, but the Idea of what he teaches make a lot of sense if you know anything about diabetes. I don't eat all the high fat like Gorge does I try to eat leaner meats, & cheese,ect.....I am hoping to find some one on here that started eating the way he says to eat & it didn't work , then they found a way to make it work. He also has another book coming out but not till April 1st 2011 called:"Fast Track To The Belly Fat Cure"
The new book was available to read as a transcript online a couple of weeks ago but I just tried to find the link for you and couldn't (has probably been taken down...) Fast Track appears to be very Atkins like in that veggies are okay but grains less so. He also says not to take fibre supplements in this one and to take probiotoics/prebiotics instead. (I take this supplement now and can say that it has helped with moving things along...)
What seems to work for me the most is to make sure that one of my meals each day is really low on grains i.e. a salad for lunch. I do always have my 6 servings of carbs though - I love food - and wine - too much! Also, I do fall off the wagon about once every 10days (I'm only human!) and this doesn't seem to affect me too much if I have stuck to the one meal with no grains/starch rule.
This woe works for me because it fits in with a 'normal' lifestyle i.e. if I stay with friends or family then toast for breakfast is no big deal.
Hope this helps
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:18 AM   #555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Trying to do this again for the holidays-started ww and am allowing way too much sugar in my diet.
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #556
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimad View Post
Trying to do this again for the holidays-started ww and am allowing way too much sugar in my diet.
Hey Kimad, good luck with renewed efforts! Check out Jorge Cruise's Facebook page - loads of great ideas on there and you don't have to become a fan to view...
Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #557
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RoFayah
Stats: 140.6/140.0/120
WOE: Belly Fat/ linking diet
Start Date: December 26, 2010
Newbie here. I've been doing the belly fat cure on and off for a year but have started back on it again. I do have a question though, why are all the high fat foods like bacon and butter ok to eat? After years of training myself to eat low fat, my brain can't wrap itself around this. I've learned that eating fat helps me stay full longer but I'm worried about heart disease. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thank you!

Ro
RoFayah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoFayah View Post
Newbie here. I've been doing the belly fat cure on and off for a year but have started back on it again. I do have a question though, why are all the high fat foods like bacon and butter ok to eat? After years of training myself to eat low fat, my brain can't wrap itself around this. I've learned that eating fat helps me stay full longer but I'm worried about heart disease. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thank you!

Ro
Hi RoFayah,
Didn't see this question here. The basic answer is that fat + protein = good for you but fat + carbs = bad for you. This link may help you: What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie? - NYTimes.com
Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #559
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rawben
WOE: Low Carb - per MD 45 carbs per meal
Start Date: December 2010
Rachelle,

Yes quit the Diet Dr. Pepper - in fact any DARK colored sodas (except for Root Beer). They are terrible for your TEETH. They are made with Phosphoric Acid (in your shower cleaner) - so you know what it's doing to your teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleS View Post
I have to work on the artifical sweeteners and quiting Dt. Dr. Pepper. Those I'm finding to be the hardest. I don't care for water unless I'm exercising so I drink a lot of crystal light.

Rachelle
Rawben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #560
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Is anyone doing BFC or has it gone by the wayside??
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #561
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TheSquirrel
Stats: 197/172/137
WOE: Belly Fat Cure
Start Date: January 2011
I am doing it! I love it. It is slow going, but I am succeeding!!!
TheSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Me too!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flossie73
I have been for just a bit over a month, too.
I have been journaling on my own blog, Becky's Place.
flossie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fleur
WOE: one toe into starting JUDD
Start Date: 1/18/2012
Belly Fat Cure Yeah!!!

I've been doing it for 3 1/2 weeks and love it. I am not weighing yet (I'd gained since the last totally trumatic weighing at a Dr's office for a pre work physical last year). Not going to til I can feel more difference in clothes.

I felt some difference almost right away in pants, and today hooked my bra on a smaller hook. I find this WOE so easy that I can see it as a life long thing. There is always something enjoyable to eat available while sticking to it. I'm hardly even tempted to cheat. I feel so good that I'm back to enjoying some exercise without feeling obligated to do it.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I missed it until now.

Pat
fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: 167/140
I started this today, 11/9. I am at one of my highest weights ever (gained 20 pounds since this summer), and I seem to have problems with cheating/binging while doing Atkins. I got this book from the library yesterday, and it looks so easy and it looks like I will not be feeling deprivatation at all! I'm excited about this!
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #566
Senior LCF Member

I have come to the conclusion

That he doesn't count all sugar. Check this out Very low sugar foods (0.5 - 1.4 gram of sugar per 100 gram food)
Even an egg has .8 grams of sugar. If we were to count ALL suagr, that 15 gram mark would be hit in no time. Look at broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Even lettuce. Wish there was a really precise online measuring tool.
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeniseBBW
Wheat belly diet?

This is different than what you're all doing right? I'm trying to find a thread for it but can't.....
DeniseBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Yes, it's different.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #569
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: samjales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carb Chicklady View Post
Wish there was a really precise online measuring tool.
I use *********.com. It gives precise counts for all nutrients.

Mary
samjales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:37 AM   #570
Senior LCF Member

Thanks