Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
I haven't look at all the features yet, but did find this list of FAQ that tells how you can add a food to the database that's not already in it.
http://www.************.com/faq
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/145.0/140 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Yes i did find a way to list the foods not listed ...manually...as for the exercise i'll have to look further maybe tomorrow...going shopping with my girlfriend this afternoon...

Thanks for everything
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | ************.com

This is my food journal...if you wanted to check on it...it gives you ideas and i get accountable knowing someone might be checking on me...

Went shopping yesterday...had a late supper but i had only a grill salad from subway and weight stayed the same this morning so i was very happy about that...

Got myself some veggie straws at Cosco also...gave them a taste this morning...pretty good i was impressed...

Have a great day!!

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-22-2010 at 08:34 AM..
Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
Tried to see the journal, but I got this message: This user is not allowing others to view his or her food diary.
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcmiller461 View Post
Tried to see the journal, but I got this message: This user is not allowing others to view his or her food diary.
You could give it a try now...i didn't have it on "Public "...had it on "friends only"...let me know if it worked..

Thanks
Old 09-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Fun to see what someone else is eating. Gives me some ideas. I have 3 gm sugar and 2 carbs left for the day. Only 191 calories, but I've been below on calories for a few days, so may eat more.

Anyone else watch The Biggest Loser? I taped the first night and watched it today. I do wish they would ease people into exercise instead of making them do so much so fast, but they do get great results and seeing what the contestants accomplish each year in such a short time is motivating to me.

Spent most of the day out in my garden digging and dividing daylilies. Starting to feel fall like here and still have lots of cleaning up to do.

Tomorrow will be the end of week one for me, so hope the scale will be kind.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
Old 09-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCINFLA
I started yesterday and I wrote everything down, and took alot of notes so when I go on vacation I can be good... I do not feel so bloated, it is amazing...and like atkins I am not hungry...

I used to use ******, but I feel better writing everything down..

Lynn
61 years young
184/182/150
BFC started 9-21-2010
86 miles walked in September 2010
747 miles walked in 2010
569 miles walked in 2009
LCINFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:20 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Yep, it worked. I'll check it again tonight, just to get a better idea. (It's empty now, lol.)

Stilldews, I love your Pedro! I have a George (mini) and a Julie (standard). You must have a teacup? Smartest dogs in the world, poodles!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Lynn, I'm glad to hear your finding the plan keeps you from getting hungery too. That was the biggest surprise to me. Normally on a 1200 calories diet like WW, I am hungery and have cravings all the time. On this I can tell my blood sugar stay really leveled out and my appetite is way down. Total loss for week one was 5.8 lb.

Little Pedro is a tiny toy and weighed in at 4 pounds at the vets yesterday. Your right, they are very smart dogs. Never thought I'd be especially fond of poodles or such a tiny dog, but Pedro was given to me when he was 3 years old and has been a joy. He had been neglected a his first 2 homes and was a skinny 2lb 13 oz little bag of bones when I first got him. He's 13 or 14 now and has lost a number of teeth, so his tongue hangs out all the time, but I still think he's cute.

Have fun on your vacation Lynn and don't worry too much about the food until you get back.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

I started a second Belly Fat Cure thread for favorite product and recipes ideas.
Belly Fat Cure Food Ideas and Recipes

Also reviewed that basics of the plan for people who haven't read this thread. Let me know if anything doesn't sound correct. Please add some of your product and recipes ideas that might not fit in the regular low carb recipe section.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

I started BFC 3 days ago, and except for a headache now and then I feel great...I did learn so much from this thread, and will be checking out the recipes... But I played some of the videos on this thread and this is what I learned...

Uncle Sam's Cereal with Flaxseed is 0/2

Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage Patties (already cooked) 0/0 (Protein)

I bought the carb and sugar counter of Jorge's today at Books a million so when I go on vacation I can have it handy...

Great information here, it really helps when you are starting out...

Lynn
61 years young
86 miles walked in September 2010
747 miles walked in 2010
569 walked in 2009
Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan..the other thread sounds and looks great....good idea...there is so many frozen entrees ...which it's something we could always have when we get baffle about certain foods...which i've never thought of...

I'm having a hard time today...i crave more than ever those stupid carbs....i'm into TOM at the moment which i do get them once in awhile but when i do, i could eat everything in sight...can't wait to be over and done with that cycle of my life...figuring at 53 i would of been done by now...but no way...

Lynn ...have a great time on your holidays....enjoy and have fun

~~~GAETS~~~
Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Sorry your having a hard time with cravings Gaetane. Do you like the low sugar dark chocolates? Chocolate used to help with I had that problem. Thanks goodness I don't have to worry about that anymore. I just found some little chocolates that are sweetened with Xylitol. Will let you know if I like them when they arrive.

Back at work tonight, so I'm filling up on a big salad with tuna. Hate to admit, but about the only time I eat vegetable is at work, so I always make a huge salad. I kkep organic apple cider vinegar in the refrig here and also some Mac Nut oil and can make my own salad dressing with that and a little stevia and 3 pkg of Lawry's Salt-Free seasoning. Sometimes I will use lemon juice instead of the vinegar.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find myself being very fortunate this morning with all this craving i've been having i still manage to loose 4 oz this morning...anything is better than a gain...

Good thing i do exercise every day...i think that's what is really helping me in the end... i put in at least 1 hour of exercise on week day and week-ends depending what going on but at least a walk somewhere.

Have a great week-end ladies...probably won't see me until monday..
Old 09-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

I often have cravings after a stressful day, and Hersey's sugarfree milk chocolate saves me from myself! Also, I find a protein shake (preferably chocolate) also does the job. Good luck this weekend--that's when I have the most temptations.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:06 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member

I'll have to admit that I didn't think cutting out Splenda/Equal would make any difference in my weight loss, but I'm finding out it seems to be helping to cut my sweet tooth. Tonight I came to work and found left over chocolate cake and cookies from a birthday party and wasn't even tempted by them. The stevia sweetened things didn't taste very sweet to me at first, but now I'm finding I only want half a pkg of the Sweetleaf on my cereal. I bought a 65% dark chocolate bar at the store a week ago and just ate the last piece of it yesterday morning. I have been limiting myself to 1/6 of it a day to keep the sugar count down. For me to have candy within reach and not even be tempted to overeat it is a big change. Weight has been holding steady for a couple days now, but trying not to let that be discouraging.

If I have time today after work, I will add some of the acceptable foods for eating out that are listed in JC's sugar/carb counter. Looks like the best bet at Subways is the breakfast sandwich on Muffin that they serve all day long. Otherwise, you would need to not eat the bread to stay within limits. Surprisingly, Taco Bell has a lot of options.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

I ate some scrambled eggs and bacon at work before coming home and then a few hours later really got hungery. Looking back, I noticed I had gone a little over on both sugars and carbs at breakfast. Wonder if that caught up with me? Have to remember cottage cheese is not as low in sugar you'd think. Went over on my sugars and calories for the day, but maybe it will give my metabolism a little boost. I've been under 1200 calories a few days this week, so not going to worry about it. Just seems strange, since it was the first time I'm been hungery on the plan since starting.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went nuts yesterday in the sugar department which i never do...my hubby came home with my fav. donuts (krueller ?) ...i told him thanks but no thanks...but when he had his back turned...i just devoured it in a second i couldn't believe i did that.....then i had a rice krispies square which i don't even care for,ate it in a split second again...so i ate celery stick the rest of the night...stayed at the same weight this morning...was lucky there...but i guess we are still allowed to get off plan once in awhile as long as we don't make it a habit...keep it for a special occasions...

The thing is i didn't even feel like doing any exercise whatsoever...felt sluggish and not right...got to keep that in mind for the next time..

Have a great week-end...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-25-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-28-2010, 04:40 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member

So glad to hear those sugar cravings didn't mess you up too badly. I need to go stock up on some more low sugar chocolate and a few other things today. I had one of the Zevia colas this morning and will be watching to see how it effects my weight. It did taste better than the first time I had one. Not sure if it's worth the 12 gm carbs or not, but nice to have one as a treat now and then. My favorite breakfast the last few days has been a Mama Lupe's low carb tortilla topped with a couple slices of Montery Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers and a couple of the 2" slices of no-nitrate pepperonni. Heat for 1 minute in microwave and then roll up and eat. Fast and filling.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

Lunch today was sauerkraut and smoked bratswurst. Topped it off with a couple Ryvita crackers and peanutbutter.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll try to the program as much as possible...i'm having company all next week starting today,till next saturday......so we'll see how things will work out.

In 2 weeks i've lost 5 lbs and 6.5" inches also..so i'm happy with that...hope it stays

Hang in there ladies we can do this...
Old 09-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

I went on vacation and lost 3 pounds... I think that is a first...I am making a cobb salad tonight, I am having fun looking at all the dressings at the supermarket... so much SUGAR...The Carb and sugar counter and Jorge book have really helped...(like Atkins) I am NOT hungry...

Lynn
184/181/150??
61 years young
101 miles walked in September
762 miles walked in 2010
569 miles walked in 2009
Old 09-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCINFLA View Post
I went on vacation and lost 3 pounds... I think that is a first...I am making a cobb salad tonight, I am having fun looking at all the dressings at the supermarket... so much SUGAR...The Carb and sugar counter and Jorge book have really helped...(like Atkins) I am NOT hungry...

Lynn
184/181/150??
61 years young
101 miles walked in September
762 miles walked in 2010
569 miles walked in 2009

WTG Lynn....congrats on your weight loss...it's a fun way of shopping for groceries...we have to be aware and read the labels...
Old 09-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

You're doing wonderful Gaetane. Hope the company won't mess you up too much.

Lynn, that's amazing to lose on a vacation! Looking at sugars is really eye opening isn't it?

Just finished week 2 and down a total of 8 pounds. Haven't remeasured yet, but I can tell my clothes are fitting better. Treat food for me yesterday was half an avocado mixed with 2 Tb picate sauce and scooped up with Staceys Naked Pita Chips. I feel like I'm eating wickly well!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #535
Major LCF Poster!

My waist is down an inch... Maybe I can finally get into the 2 pairs of jeans that are hanging in my closet, by the time I go away the end of October...I am sick of being a size 14....

Today is my 6 month dr. appt... I am not looking forward to it...

Hope everyone had a good week-end...

Lynn
61 years young
761 miles walked in 2010
569 miles walked in 2009
BFC started September 2010
SLOW loser....
Old 10-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member

Just got back from visiting my daughter for 5 days and actually lost 2 pounds. And that was eating Jack Tacos two nights in a row!

I think I am going to like the woe.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you guys are doing great! Sure hope this continues to work long term for us. This week I've been holding so far, but doing well with eating right.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm beeing challenged this week with my DD and DGD in the house for a week..but i'm holding up pretty good...and teaching my daughter at the same time...love this new way of eating,don't feel so bloated all the time...

Let's keep at it ladies...
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
HI,
I've had gotten the book Belly Fat Cure, back in Jan 2010. But didn't get into it then.
I just pulled it out this past weekend and will give it a new try, so far so good.
Sunday I weigh in at 190, today I weigh 197.5 = "-2.5 lbs so far"

I work the night shift (3rd shift), I like knowing that I can had mico-wave pop corn and still lose weight.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PeacefulGuide
Stats: waist in 41/34.5/29
WOE: LC with no flax/nuts/beef
Start Date: 9/2010 restart 5/2012
Hi-New would love suggestions

Hi there, I just started a week ago and have lost about 2 in off of my chest(underbust) and waist and have lost 2.5in from my hips! Woot! I cook things from scratch mostly and wonder if there are any other bakers here? I'm about to place an order on netrition and wanted to know what everyone's fav splurge items are?
So far in cart:
Xylitol
coconut flour
ketchup
jellys
stevita(cherry flavor)
Xylitol based gum
I've been enjoying the way of eating but convenient snacks have been difficult..nuts/cheese/whey shake.. repeat...bleh any suggestions?
My Favs so far:
Cheesecake with nut crust..only successful recipe so far LOL
Private selection(kroger) organic chocolate coins
Rediwhip when desperate
Macadamias
Flax based muffins
Whey protein shakes
Thanks so much!
~PG

Anyone have good recipes for breads/muffins/desserts?
PeacefulGuide is offline   Reply With Quote