Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
3rd meal: 2 oz chicken breast, 1 slice pepper jack cheeese
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
WOW Stilldews...you're pretty organized...i also write down everything i eat but it's a lot more food:

B-1/2 of a 12 grain ciabatta with a scramble egg with bacon bits and 1/2 cup of strawberry and coffee with stevia and half & half= 6 sugar/2 carbs

L-pizza with pita bread and cheese and pepperoni and mushroom and a sugar free cookie (made with sorbitol) and 2 tblsp of dream whip and 20gr of hickory stick...=3.3 sugar/3 carbs...(need my salty treat so i do get them in the afternoon)

D-4 oz of lean hamberger with 1 cup of mix vegetable =5 sugar/1 carb

total...14.3 sugar/6 carbs

Nothing after that except organic tea that i sip on all evening...with at times lemon and ACV...

It's time comsuming but it does makes a difference....

~~~GAETS~~~

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-16-2010 at 09:11 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

3rd meal: 2 oz chicken breast slices wrapped around 1 slice pepper jack cheese.

This will probably be the last I eat today before going to bed. So far, I've been feeling really full all day. I was worried that eating the Uncle Sam's for breakfast might stimulate my appetite, but the protein with it seemed to hold me.
I should probably eat another snack or dessert, but just don't feel the need for it. Feel like I'm eating a lot, but put everything into ****** and it only comes to around 1000 calories.

I've send emails to a few people that have posted earlier on this thread and am hoping to get some company soon. Feels rather lonely here and I know daily support can really help. I have about 80 pounds to lose, so plan to be around for a time.

Susan
Old 09-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gaetane, glad to see someone else here this morning. It doesn't look to me like you eat much more than I do. Probably smart not to cut the calories too low. The pita pizza sounds good. I spent sometime last night looking over Jorge's Carb/sugar counter book. Gave me some ideas on brands to buy and things to eat while eating out.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan...i do consume between 1100- 1200 calories a day plus i put in 1 hour of exercise also...so it's a full day of calculating what to eat ,how to eat it ,when to eat it ..plus when to put in my exercise...i do t-tapp for 1/2 hour and walk between 4 to 6 miles a day either indoors or outdoors...

It's a lot of work to try to keep ourself in shape...

Good Luck through your journey to be a better body...to a heathier you...

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-16-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: immelting
Think I'm gonna join you all if that's ok with you!
immelting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immelting View Post
Think I'm gonna join you all if that's ok with you!
please do ......
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lcmiller461
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: Atkins, etc.
I'm still lurking, still not ready to take the plunge yet. I haven't gotten through the book and I'm still on the 6-week cure. But... I love the fact that you guys are listing your food here. I'm so excited by the fact that I'll be able to get some carbs in my diet.
lcmiller461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Good to see a few more joining in. It is fun to be able to eat a few carbs without feeling guilty. I think many of us that have done very low carb in the past go a little crazy when we do go off plan and eat way too much sugar and carbs. This way the carbs are eaten in reasonable amounts and so far don't seem to be starting any noticeable cravings for me.

Meal 1:

1/2 cup Uncle Sams Cereal mixed with 2 eggs and 1/2 cup Coconut Milk and heated in microwave 2 minutes with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pkg sweet leaf.

Meal 2:

4 oz cod with a little breading and cheese on top
Mixed broccoli, carrotes, peppers and yellow summer squash.
Lg. Fresh tomato from the garden

Snack: 12" Deerfield turkey snack stick and 2 Ryvita Dark Rye Crackers
Old 09-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies...i did gain 2 oz this morning...must of been my pumpkin seed i had last night

B-1/2 of a 12 grain ciabatta with a scramble egg with bacon bits and 1/2 cup of strawberry and coffee with stevia and half & half= 6 sugar/2 carbs

L-pizza with pita bread and cheese and pepperoni and mushroom and a sugar free cookie (made with sorbitol) and 2 tblsp of dream whip and 20gr of hickory stick...=3.3 sugar/3 carbs...(need my salty treat so i do get them in the afternoon)

D-1 cup of campbells chicken noodle soup with 11 rice crackers with cheese=2/2

S 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds 1/0

gave me 12.3/7...and 1,448 calories...too much for me...i know i can't snack at night...got to keep those hands busy..and i do have lot to do with my hands ,,i'm into plastic canvas,knitting and cross stitching but i also seem to have time to nibble at the same time...

Try again today...have a great day ladies
Old 09-17-2010, 11:21 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gaetane, do I have your name right? Pretty name. Looks like you do great on the exercise. Should drag out some of the T-Tapps tapes I have. Looks like you're close to goal, so good to hear that the BFC is working for you.

lcmiller, is the 6 week cure like the Belly fat cure? Are you following set menus? How many weeks have you been doing it?

immelting, love your name. If you have done lowcarb, the BFC isn't hard to adjust to at all. Getting Jorge's little carbs/sugar counter booklet has been helpful to me. Lists the counts for a lot of convience foods like soups and frozen dinners so you can see which ones work with this plan. I do think with this plan you have to be a little more careful with the calories. For example I'm going to cut way down on the cream cheese and butter that's so easy to overdo on regular low carb. Jorge says you don't have to count calories, but he also says to eat reasonable amounts, like a few nuts or cheese stick for a snack. I'm the type that could eat half a pound of nuts at a sitting, so think it's best to at least consider calories. For now I'm using ****** to track. It doesn't track sugars, but I've been adding them to the custom foods I enter so the program is still working.

Finished up yesterday with a Lean Cuisine Stuffed Cabbage Roll dinner that included whipped potatoes and a cheese stick. Over all about 1100 calories, 15 gm sugars and 6 carbs or 95 gm carbs according to ******. Sugars may have been even higher because I didn't add the ones in the mixed veggies. Normally would not eat a large tomato, but my garden is beening very productive right now.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Susan

Last edited by stilldews; 09-17-2010 at 11:22 PM..
Old 09-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Just relooked at my LC Stuffed Cabbbage roll dinner from yesterday and guess it has 6 gms of sugar, so that puts it just a little over the 5 gm/meal limit. Not going to worry since I did lose some weight anyway. Must say I was tired and slept a lot yesterday. Slept a lot of the day after getting off work ,got up for a few hours and then since I had the night off, went back to bed and slept some more. Ate a snack of a Turkey stick about 2 AM and then had a sausage pattie and Uncle Sam's cereal with coconut milk for breakfast. Plan to walk over to a natural food co-op today and see what new foods I can find there that will work with the plan.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

A link to Jorge's cooking videos:

Jorge Cruise: #1 bestselling author featured on oprah, today and cnn - cookingvideos
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Found some great tasting chips today at the health food store: Pirate's Booty Potato Flyers with sea salt and vinegar. 1.5 oz pkg. has 27 carbs and 1.5 sugars. I made a lunch out of them by dipping them in melted Montery Jack cheese. For a snack, I think I could be satisfied with half a pkg.

Another item I picked up and ate as a snack today was Nile Spice brand Couscous Parmesan. Comes in a cup like container that just needs boiling water added. 200 calories, 34 gm carb and 8 gm protein. Would be great topped with some extra fresh Parmesan.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Have to say I'm loving the food on this plan. The question is can I lose weight after the first couple weeks eating this many carbs??

Meal=1: 3/4c Uncle Sam's Cereal with coconut milk and 3 brown and serve sausage links.

Snack 1: 4 oz baked chicken breast and 1/6 bar of New Tree 65% dark chocolate

Meal 2: Pkg of Potatos Flyers with 2 slices Montery Jack cheese

Snack 2= Turkey Stick

Meal 3=Coucous Parmesan cup

Dessert= 1/6 bar of New Tree 65% dark chocolate

Totals for day=1264 calories, 103 gm carb and 11 gm sugar
Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

the six week cure is basically getting off of caffeine, alcohol and any extra carbs and going back to basics plus loading up on protein. Of course, there's much more to it than that.

Thanks for posting the link to the videos. I've watched most of them. Where do you get Uncle Sam's cereal?
Old 09-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like it won't be hard to change over to the BFC after the 6 weeks. The hardest thing for me has been giving up Splenda and Equal. No more diet Cokes except those sweetened with Stevia. Tried a Zevia yesterday and wasn't impressed. You can get Uncle Sams at Walmart or most food stores here. Yesterday at Walmart I also picked up a Toasted Wheat Cereal from Great Value that looks like Wheat Chex, 1 Cup 40gm carb and 5gm sugar plus 5 gm protein and 5 gm fiber. Lots of the regualer cereal can be worked into the plan. Also found the Brown Cow Greek Yogurt at Walmart. It seems to be the lowest in sugars that I can find.

Breakfast this morning was 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt with 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened Raspberries, a TB of golden flax seed topped with a pkg of stevia. I'm using the Sweet Leaf brand right now and it's taken a few days to get used to the taste, but this morning it was just right with the raspberries and yogurt. This combination uses up 1 carb and 7.5 gm sugar.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Susan..i don't go much on line on week-ends cause of hubby being at home...and there's always so much to do...just wanted you to know that in case you were wondering...

This week-end i did not to bad...

love your idea of chips...i'll have to go look for that one ...i would only have a chance to it if i go to a health food store(i think)...and it's not close by

I found a vitasoy unsweeted i used to buy the almond breeze...but i wasn't to keen of it so i'm trying this kind to see..it's got 5gr of carbs and 1gr of sugar...which it's very good...and soy is good for you, good source of proteins..which it's got 9 gr of...

The thing is you have to read labels all the time...and use your judgment...and mean while it's very educative...we're learning a new way of eating without sugars which we don't need...but i still eat the odd fruits and berries once in awhile...i do crave them...

Like you i was a big fan of Splenda but not anymore i'm using Stevia instead...and instead of the coffee whitener i'm using half & half with so much less carbs and sugars...little changes that's all it takes..

I'm also a big fan of flax seeds and chia seeds...so much fibers and we do need them no doubt...

Talk to you tomorrow...meanwhile i'm writing everything down..

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-19-2010 at 09:55 AM..
Old 09-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #499
Senior LCF Member

I have a question, and it might be answered by the book that I still haven't finished: when you count carbs, are you counting the full amount of carbs, or are you deducting fiber?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

Count the full amount of carbs.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #501
Senior LCF Member

I found the chips from Amazon.com. A box of 24 for $14.73 with no shipping charge when you subscribe. I subscribed for a box a month. They were $1.19 each here, so that's a good price. I ordered the plain ones with just sea salt instead of the ones with vinegar. Hopefully won't be too tempted to over eat them with that many in the house. Not sure is they ship to Canada.

The other new thing I tried today and really enjoyed was Doctor Kracker Pumpkin cheddar flatbread. Ate one with sliced turkey breast and Montery Jack cheese melted on it.

Finding it interesting that I can even eat chocolate on this plan and not be tempted to overdo it. Forgot to bring a snack to work with me tonight, but am not hungery after eating a big tuna salad at 1AM with olive oil and sunflower seeds.

Last edited by stilldews; 09-20-2010 at 03:46 AM..
Old 09-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCINFLA
15/6

wow, I am so glad that I found this thread about 15/6... you are all amazing... I went to look for the Belly Fat Cure today at the bookstore and my husband is getting it for me right now...I am looking forward to getting rid of the sugar, and the BELLY FAT...I am in the middle of this thread reading about how well you all are doing and can't wait to start this book..

I am going on vacation next week so I will have have to watch the wine.....

Lynn
61 years young
81 miles walked in September
742 miles walked in 2010
569 miles walked in 2009
LCINFLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Lynn. We are the same age. Looks like you do great with the exercising. Have fun on your vacation and read the book so you will be all ready to start when you come back.

Susan
Old 09-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan...me and Lynn are following each other...we have the walking program together and now this BFC..and like susan's says Lynn read the book it will be of big help in choosing your foods...it's so much easier that LCarbing i think...

Out of curiousity how old are Susan and Lynn..??

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-20-2010 at 06:13 PM..
Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #505
Senior LCF Member

I'm 61 and that what it says in Lynn's signature. Afraid I've been dieting 50 of those years. I've got the losing part figured out, just not the maintaining. At least this plan seems like something I would not mind staying on forever. Weighed myself today and am down 5 pounds in 5 days.

Found a site called ************.com today that you can modify the settings to track your sugars as well as your carbs and calories. Was using ******, but I like this one better. It includes most of the brand name foods I use.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:07 AM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCINFLA
Stilldews... 5 pounds in 5 days.. that is so enlightening to me... I need to start today..I have been on it all WW lifetime member (1978), Richard Simmons, Jenny Craig, Nutrasystem... LC.. Funny with all the exercise I do, I have been feeling good, except for the BELLY FAT... I have been reading the book, and can't put it down...

Mommy Gates... good to see you here...

Lynn
61 years young
185/182/150??
81 miles walked in September
742 miles walked in 2010
569 miles walked in 2009
LCINFLA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Lynn, I've done all of them too, including Dr. supervised fasting on Medifast. WW never worked for me after the first month. Anything that has worked has been low or very controlled carb like Diet Center, Stillman's or Atkins. Last big loss was on Kimkims and most of us know how unhealthy that was. I've lost 60-100 pounds more times than I care to remember, but always end up gaining it back in 3-6 years, mostly because I really don't enjoy low carb. This plan seems to have just enough carbs that I really enjoy it and don't feel like I'm living on meat, eggs and salad. I'm not expecting to lose very fast after the first week or 2 and hopefully can be happy taking it a little slow as long as I feel good and like the foods.

Are any of you familiar with ************.com? I was using ******, but found this last night and it can be modified to work wonderfully with BFC. Not only does it track carbs, calories, fat and protein, but if you go under settings you can add fiber and sugar gms. Then by going under goals, you can set the limits you want on each of these for the day. I also found that it includes many more of the food I use than ******. Things like the Dr Kracker flatbread and Brown Cow Greek Yogurt. Not sure if this link will work, but I'll try it: Stilldew's Food Diary | ************.com My daily food journal is public, so will be posting my menus there if anyone is interested. I start my day at 10PM at night since I'm a night worker, so most of my food for today is already entered. I like being able to look at the bottom and see how many carb and sugar gms are left. Not really counting calories, but so far have been averaging around 1200.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

Susan
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan i'm with *********** been with them for 2 years...and they also don't have a way to track down sugars...which it does get maddening,have to redo everything by hand all the time...so i'm diffenitly going to look into it...thanks..

And like you two i've done calorie counting and low carbing got most of my weight off but to maintain it's another story..going up and down those last 10 pound...and when you don't feel good in your body you know you're not at your best...

I've been on this plan off and on for the last year and can say i've done well better than any other plan...to be allowed so many carbs is great..but still hard to maintain and sugar it was never a big issue with me...

I'm going to be 54 years old this november...and i still have my TOM once in awhile...which sure don't help when they do decided to drop by... that's when everything goes berserk....carb wise..

Susan i just came from your fitness pal...it's really cool the way they done it...i really like it...going to give it a try..again thanks

Last edited by mommy_gates; 09-21-2010 at 08:46 AM..
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

From the home page of ************ you can modify your goals from what they set for you. I picked 1200 calories, then 40% for carbs, 30 for protein and 30 for fats. With those numbers it gave me 120gm daily for carbs which was the one I cared about. It had my goal set as 24 gm daily for sugars, so changed that to 16 gm. Was a little surprised that they had set the sugars that low to begin with. I'm happy to see that I'm getting in more fiber than I thought, but will probably add some benefiber soon just for good measure.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Susan ...i'm all set up...spend the whole morning on that... but it's worth it...the only thing is i'm having a harder time trying to find substitute for our canadian foods which they don't have at times...with spark people they had a place where you could enter you're own manually if we couldn't find it the food you were looking for..which i did like a lot...and if you exercise ...they add up your calories and carbs and everything else b/c i had exercise...but i don't want that...it's a way of burning your carbs...so i'm not putting it in...some adjustment...but i'll give it a try for a couple of weeks...