Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
women over 40 - prices for premier coaching will be $397 and just menus will cost $97

gotta run and will be back later to read/post.
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gibster
I could ALMOST justify $397 if it was for 12 weeks - but for only 6 weeks, that pretty expensive. I signed up for the menu/bonus stuff only version.
gibster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
I could ALMOST justify $397 if it was for 12 weeks - but for only 6 weeks, that pretty expensive. I signed up for the menu/bonus stuff only version.
can u share w/ me and i'll pay 1/2?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qbert
Are you counting net carbs on this plan (minus the fiber) or just carbs?
qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Steelslady
Stats: 292/283/180
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 10, 2010 restart May 6, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert View Post
Are you counting net carbs on this plan (minus the fiber) or just carbs?

Just carbs. A carb is a carb regardless of the fiber.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone use Atkins shakes on this program? 6 carbs would count as one carb serving, is that right? Just trying to figure out how I can eat on this a bit before I jump in. If I had a half a shake as a snack it would not count since it's under 5g carbs. Does that sound right?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

One more question, how does one count an egg on this program? There is a miniscule amount of sugar .3g......that would still count as a sugar though? It's .3g carbs so that would not count (under the 5g).

Hate to use up a sugar count on the egg but looks like it might have to count.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #398

eggs (1 large) are 0/0 in the book.

do you have the book? if not, i'd suggest getting it. it's worth the $!
Old 02-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, I am waiting for the book to arrive.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #400

Quote:
Thanks, I am waiting for the book to arrive.
you're welcome. Let me know if you need to know anything else before your book arrives. I'll be more than happy to look it up.

Now, i'm off to find jay robb protein powder. OR a replacement.............
Old 02-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweepthefloor
We are allowed 15 grams of sugar a day and up to 120 grams of carbs a day.
sweepthefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bclause
Stats: 293(24-26)/192(12)/160(8-10)
WOE: Clean Eating, CLX, & Turbo Fire
Start Date: 8/29/09
I have started it today. I am eating pretty much the same way but watching my sugar intake more. I was eating an average of 150 carbs per day so this isn't too much less for me. I planned out my meal plan for today and you tell me if this looks like I'm on a diet.

Breakfast (5 Sugar/ 33 Carbs):

2 Eggo Nutri-grain whole wheat frozen waffles
1/2 tbs Smart Source Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spread
1 tbs Maple Grove Sugar-Free Syrup
1/4 cup of blueberries

Lunch (3 Sugar/ 36 Carbs):
Big salad consisting of the following-
2 cups of organic Romaine Lettuce
2 cups of organic Red Leaf Lettuce
2 cups of organic Baby Spinach
1 small cucumber cut up
2 tbs hormel real bacon bits
1 oz shredded colby cheese
1 tbs of sliced almonds
6 triscuits

Snack (1 Sugar/0 Carbs):
1 oz of walnuts

Dinner (5 Sugar/34 Carbs):
6 oz Grilled Sirloin Steak (no oil)
1 oz sauteed Portabella mushrooms (no oil)
1 small red potato oven baked with a 1/2 tbs of olive oil
1 cup of steamed broccoli

For a grand total of 14 grams of sugar and 103 carbs!

I think this will be very doable and makes me think even more about what I'm eating. I am eating around 1460 calories today. The marinade I'm using has no carbs and no sugar. It's all natural and something I found at my epicurian market. No HFCS!!!! I'm really trying to cut that out of our diets. My weakness is milk and yogurt. I don't drink soda and haven't in over 6 months. I drink at least 64 oz of water per day. I also like to drink unsweet tea.

Total Hours of Callanetics Done in 2010: 33
Total Miles Walked in 2010: 255

Last edited by bclause; 02-22-2010 at 02:51 PM..
bclause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

bclause - are you using any program to chart your calories?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #404
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SistaDiva2001
Diet Truly Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclause View Post
I have started it today. I am eating pretty much the same way but watching my sugar intake more. I was eating an average of 150 carbs per day so this isn't too much less for me. I planned out my meal plan for today and you tell me if this looks like I'm on a diet.

1/4 cup of blueberries

1 small cucumber cut up
1 tbs of sliced almonds
6 triscuits

Snack (1 Sugar/0 Carbs):
1 oz of walnuts

I think this will be very doable and makes me think even more about what I'm eating. I am eating around 1460 calories today. The marinade I'm using has no carbs and no sugar. It's all natural and something I found at my epicurian market. No HFCS!!!! I'm really trying to cut that out of our diets. My weakness is milk and yogurt. I don't drink soda and haven't in over 6 months. I drink at least 64 oz of water per day. I also like to drink unsweet tea.
I have been on the program for now going into my 7th week and it is GREAT! I am down 27.5 lbs. A great substitute I have found for milk has been the Almond Breeze Vanilla unsweetened almond milk, a packet of Truvia and a splash or two of heavy cream. IT tastes better than milk. I am was never a huge yogurt fan, but there are some great Greek yogurts you may want to investigate.

This diet is beyond "doable". It truly becomes instinctive and you want for nothing. Last night after my workout, I had ten organic corn chips and some tzaziki . I am so "satisfied" with reasonable amounts of carbs. People at work are constantly seeing me eat...and cannot figure out "how" I am able to eat "buffalo wings" and roasted potatoes for lunch ..when they are eating a bowl of that "No Points" soup from WWs which smells vile and I am sure tastes as such. I see them eating so much sugar in the morning (low fat waffles, yogurt, juice) and they are hungry 5 minutes later. I usually have a Jay Robb protein shake and I am not hungry until lunch. When people really begin to see the connection between sugar and the low fat lie; then they will start losing weight.

Best of luck!
SistaDiva2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

I am charting my food on ***********.com and it also charts my carbs, fat, and protein intakes. It's a pretty useful tool. I also use Calorie King from time to time.

I have looked locally for the almond milk but no such luck. I might try some other substitutes in the mean time. I do eat greek yogurt (yummy!) but I have the fat free ones. I think I'm going to investigate the full fat ones for sugar amounts. I am planning on eating a couple of ounces of yogurt with some raspberries for a snack today. I woke up this morning and got on the scale and already dropped a pound! yes I'm a slave to the scale but I do measure myself and I do go by how my clothes fit. The funny thing is I'm 241 and I am wearing size 18 pants! I exercise 6 days a week using the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's for 20 miles each week. I also started doing Callanetics last week. This is really helping me tone up. Eventually I am going to start doing strength training. Then I'll cut back on my walking at that point. I just feel so much healthier and I really hope this plan helps me to cut back on my sugar intake even more. I've been doing really well but I was still eating at least 25-40 grams of sugar daily.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

I wanted to add something but it wouldn't let me edit. I measured myself out of curiousity and I have lost an inch off my belly. Nowhere else but just the belly so I have to think this is from the diet. Before I have only been losing around an inch each week and some weeks nothing. I haven't done my callanetic tape in 3 days so I can't say it's from doing the dvd. I'm really excited about this new plan. I do have to plan my food a little better but I think that's a good thing. I'm really thinking even more about what I'm eating during the day.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian.
Start Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
I am charting my food on ***********.com and it also charts my carbs, fat, and protein intakes. It's a pretty useful tool. I also use Calorie King from time to time.

I have looked locally for the almond milk but no such luck. I might try some other substitutes in the mean time. I do eat greek yogurt (yummy!) but I have the fat free ones. I think I'm going to investigate the full fat ones for sugar amounts. I am planning on eating a couple of ounces of yogurt with some raspberries for a snack today. I woke up this morning and got on the scale and already dropped a pound! yes I'm a slave to the scale but I do measure myself and I do go by how my clothes fit. The funny thing is I'm 241 and I am wearing size 18 pants! I exercise 6 days a week using the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's for 20 miles each week. I also started doing Callanetics last week. This is really helping me tone up. Eventually I am going to start doing strength training. Then I'll cut back on my walking at that point. I just feel so much healthier and I really hope this plan helps me to cut back on my sugar intake even more. I've been doing really well but I was still eating at least 25-40 grams of sugar daily.
Hi
Well done on 1" loss. I eat Fage Greek yogurt which is really low in sugar - even the 0% fat one (I have the 10% fat one as keeps me full...) Could be worth checking out? I add some Truvia or similar and like, TWO raspberries! (But somehow it helps...) Yum!

Last edited by CosmicGirl; 02-23-2010 at 10:12 AM..
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:15 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SistaDiva2001 View Post
I have been on the program for now going into my 7th week and it is GREAT! I am down 27.5 lbs. A great substitute I have found for milk has been the Almond Breeze Vanilla unsweetened almond milk, a packet of Truvia and a splash or two of heavy cream. IT tastes better than milk. I am was never a huge yogurt fan, but there are some great Greek yogurts you may want to investigate.

This diet is beyond "doable". It truly becomes instinctive and you want for nothing. Last night after my workout, I had ten organic corn chips and some tzaziki . I am so "satisfied" with reasonable amounts of carbs. People at work are constantly seeing me eat...and cannot figure out "how" I am able to eat "buffalo wings" and roasted potatoes for lunch ..when they are eating a bowl of that "No Points" soup from WWs which smells vile and I am sure tastes as such. I see them eating so much sugar in the morning (low fat waffles, yogurt, juice) and they are hungry 5 minutes later. I usually have a Jay Robb protein shake and I am not hungry until lunch. When people really begin to see the connection between sugar and the low fat lie; then they will start losing weight.

Best of luck!
I totally agree! I have tried to point out to people that their 'healthy' orange juice and cardboard crispbreads are soooo high in sugar but they won't believe it.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Can someone answer this....my book is still not here

Are we allowed to have a piece of fruit that is under the 15 sugar count? In other words, is there a sugar max per food item? My nectarine was under 15 but probably around 10 or so sugar grams. Is that ok? I stayed under 15g for the day.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Can someone answer this....my book is still not here

Are we allowed to have a piece of fruit that is under the 15 sugar count? In other words, is there a sugar max per food item? My nectarine was under 15 but probably around 10 or so sugar grams. Is that ok? I stayed under 15g for the day.
I believe that I remember Jorge saying that you shouldn't really consume more than 5g at any given meal/snack so, even though your totals are under, it could be having an effect on your blood sugar???
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #411

nectarine, slice = 1/2 cup; 5/1
Old 02-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sounds as if everyone is really doing well. I am going on a trip, but think I will be able to incorporate this WOE fairly easily. Just looking at added sugars is the real eye-opener!!!

We had friends staying with us and then are staying on and house sitting. I asked what they wanted for breakfast and they said they would go to the store and get what they wanted. Crispy Raisin Bran, fat free milk and orange juice!!! They ate eggs with sausage with no fillers or sugar, mushrooms and cheese while I was home with low carb, high grain bread!!

I hadn't looked at the carb count on cereal, milk or OJ for ages and I was appalled! I left her my BFC book as we have lost a lot of weight since we last saw them - ala Atkins, but are now adding in more carbs ala BFC. I also left Atkins to just read up on low carb. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do. It definitely takes a change in mindset to change way of eating.

Aren't we all lucky we have found a much more healthy way of eating?????

Thanks so much for the suggestion of adding a bit of cream to the Almond Breeze. For those looking for it, it is in the regular grocery area, not where milk is kept. I also buy it at my local Long's Drug Store - now CVS in most areas.

I just bought some Purevia and a 1/2 packet is sweetening my tea perfectly.

Aloha
Old 02-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

I found the Almond Breeze in the organic section and not with the milk. I also bought some natural peanut butter to put on my crispbread. This would make a good snack or breakfast. I am loving this diet. At first I was concerned about the smaller amounts of fruit, but I still eat at least 1-2 servings of berries daily. Luckily berries are coming in season where I live. I also buy frozen when I can't get fresh. I lost another pound today and am noticing a difference in the way my stomach is looking.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 PM   #414
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mexichic82
Stats: 203/203/130
WOE: The Belly Fat Cure
Hey everyone! I just got my book and am getting ready to start this WOE tomorrow. I'm really excited about it! I too, have begun to read labels again and just shocked at the high amounts of sugar in everything I considered "healthy!" I plan to also transition my boys intothis healthier WOE as well.
mexichic82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

I'ts really eye opening isn't it?!! I have lost 3 pounds since I started on Monday and 1" off my belly. I haven't lost any today but it's also that special time so I'm just happy I haven't gained. No major bloating, just a little, and no cramps! I find it's getting easier to plan my meals. I still miss eating 2 servings of fruit per day. At least I can have one serving of berries. The great thing I'm noticing is that I can really see a difference in my face and neck. They are getting thinner and my face is looking so clear. I don't even have an itchy scalp anymore. I can definitely see myself doing this as a new lifestyle and not as a diet.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dbunny
Stats: 5'10"
WOE: Atkins ~ HCG
Subscribing...
dbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dbunny
Stats: 5'10"
WOE: Atkins ~ HCG
Hey all~
Started this week on the BFC along with my significant other... I had lost 50 pounds on Atkins, but kept on falling off the wagon and gaining back the weight. I am back up 25 pounds and am sick sick sick of bouncing back and forth. I ran into this program and thought that it just makes sense. Here is hoping that this will be a good WOE for me. My plan is to lose 30 pounds in 3 months to get back to where I was and continue on down the scale. So far, so good~ I thought that I would get cravings if I ate carbs, but I haven't and am sticking to the plan. Wish me luck!
Do over! Round 1~ 4/1/2014 WK 1: -12.5 WK 2: -4.5 WK 3: - 3 WK 4: Break! Week 5: in progress. Total -20!
dbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

1/4 cup of blueberries

1 small cucumber cut up
1 tbs of sliced almonds
6 triscuits

Snack (1 Sugar/0 Carbs):
1 oz of walnuts

Wow, that is a HUGE salad. How can you eat all that? My appetite is still not very good, but today I added bacon so that got the calorie count up. Have you noticed any shrinking yet?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cats for Texas
Stats: 210
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: December 3, 2012
subscribing. I got book from library and am very impressed, especially after reading everyone's comments. Will order my own copy from Amazon VERY soon.
Cats for Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #420
Senior LCF Member

I think it's a great book, just the facts kind of book that is easy to read and easy to look something up if you need to refer to it. I wind up calculating my s/c from the food labels most of the time but it's nice to have the book to look something up quick. I use a scale and measure when breaking down portions since I find I eat half of a serving size quite often in order to fit within the s/c's.