Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Good Evening ALL

I am still trying to follow the plan. I have managed to give up my diet soda - that is huge for me. Tried the Zenia, too, but decided it was not remotely worth it. I am not fond of malitol either so am trying to just eliminate as much artificial sugar as possible for now and see how I do. I have some liquid Stevia and have put a few drops of that in things. It will take some getting used to I think.

I am constantly amazed at the added sugar in things that really don't need it. It is an eye opener and probably good for us to be more aware. I was just used to counting carbs and didn't read down the list!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #332
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CMSanchez
Stats: 192/180/160
WOE: Jorge Cruise/Belly Fat Cure
Start Date: January 2010
My husband was diagnosed as Diabetic on January 6, I knew he would not be able to stick to Atkins - he is a carby kinda guy. On January 7, I found this alternative way of eating. I have the book and it has become my bible. My husband has lost 20 pounds (has 80 to go) in the last three weeks. He has also lost a whopping 9 inches off his waist. I have adapted this plan for the whole family. There is no way I am becoming a "short order" cook. I have lost 6 inches and 12 pounds. (10 more pounds to go for me). My teenage sons are also noticing a difference in the way their pants fit. And they don't have any weight to lose. We are not following the plan exactly because of the restrictions of splenda. My husband is desperately missing fruit so I am making jello instead. He said that it is curing his fruit desire. He eats more now than he ever did and is always complaining of being stuffed.

This plan is awesome and will become our life style and we will never have to diet again!
CMSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM   #333
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiAnn View Post
Is there a way of finding hidden sugar. I was looking online and most of the food calculators don't break out sugar. Please tell me what you use to find hidden sugars.

Thanks, Debbi
I use SparkRecipes.com. It totally breaks down the whole recipe. You have to click on additional nutrition content though to see the sugars, etc.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingwell
Can those of you who are following the program and tracking your food give me an idea of your protein and fat totals? I can easily abuse ANY plan that does not give me guidelines and the way I'm understanding this is that he only stipulates carb consumption. Sorry to be a pest!
gettingwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #335
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WyoPrairieChick
Stats: 213/213/140
WOE: Crack The Fat Loss Code
Start Date: Everyday is a NEW day, NEW start!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSanchez View Post
My husband was diagnosed as Diabetic on January 6, I knew he would not be able to stick to Atkins - he is a carby kinda guy. On January 7, I found this alternative way of eating. I have the book and it has become my bible. My husband has lost 20 pounds (has 80 to go) in the last three weeks. He has also lost a whopping 9 inches off his waist. I have adapted this plan for the whole family. There is no way I am becoming a "short order" cook. I have lost 6 inches and 12 pounds. (10 more pounds to go for me). My teenage sons are also noticing a difference in the way their pants fit. And they don't have any weight to lose. We are not following the plan exactly because of the restrictions of splenda. My husband is desperately missing fruit so I am making jello instead. He said that it is curing his fruit desire. He eats more now than he ever did and is always complaining of being stuffed.

This plan is awesome and will become our life style and we will never have to diet again!
FANTASTIC results! All from "The Belly Fat Cure"? We need to you share some MORE info with us, OK?

Look'n forward to hearing more about you and yours experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingwell View Post
Can those of you who are following the program and tracking your food give me an idea of your protein and fat totals? I can easily abuse ANY plan that does not give me guidelines and the way I'm understanding this is that he only stipulates carb consumption. Sorry to be a pest!
I would keep your proteins to no more than 5g per meal and your GOOD Fats to no more than 20g a day. See how that works. Of course a man would require more proteins, but for a woman 5 max is good.

Good Fats are...
Monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol). Nuts including peanuts, walnuts, almonds and pistachios, avocado, canola and olive oil are high in MUFAs. MUFAs have also been found to help in weight loss, particularly body fat.

Polyunsaturated fats also lower total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. Seafood like salmon and fish oil, as well as corn, soy, safflower and sunflower oils are high in polyunsaturated fats. Omega 3 fatty acids belong to this group.

Bad Fats are...
Saturated fats raise total blood cholesterol as well as LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol). Saturated fats are mainly found in animal products such as meat, dairy, eggs and seafood. Some plant foods are also high in saturated fats such as coconut oil, palm oil and palm kernel oil.

Trans fats are invented as scientists began to "hydrogenate" liquid oils so that they can withstand better in food production process and provide a better shelf life. As a result of hydrogenation, trans fatty acids are formed. Trans fatty acids are found in many commercially packaged foods, commercially fried food such as French Fries from some fast food chains, other packaged snacks such as microwaved popcorn as well as in vegetable shortening and hard stick margarine.

What can we do?
  • avoid using cooking oils that are high in saturated fats and/or trans fats such as coconut oil, palm oil or vegetable shortening. Instead, use oils that are low in saturated fats and high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats such as canola oil, olive oil and flax seed oil.
  • minimize using commercially packaged foods which are high in trans fats. Always read labels to look for trans-fat free alternatives.
  • as saturated fats are found in animals products, use lower-fat version dairy such as 1% or skim milk instead of whole milk. Trim visible fats and skins from meat products.

Hope this helps ya!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

5 grams of protein??? Yikes@!! I eat about 100 grams a day. 5 grams is only 20 calories. Along with your 20 grams of fat (180 calories) and 120 grams of carbs (480 calories) you're only gettin 680 calories a day!!! I'd go with at LEAST 75 grams of protein, 90+ for hubby and kids
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #337
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WyoPrairieChick
Stats: 213/213/140
WOE: Crack The Fat Loss Code
Start Date: Everyday is a NEW day, NEW start!
Oh MY Gosh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carb Chicklady View Post
5 grams of protein??? Yikes@!! I eat about 100 grams a day. 5 grams is only 20 calories. Along with your 20 grams of fat (180 calories) and 120 grams of carbs (480 calories) you're only gettin 680 calories a day!!! I'd go with at LEAST 75 grams of protein, 90+ for hubby and kids
Did I say 5g's?????
I really meant to say 5 oz. (if cooking, weigh after cooking)

Wow, I keep this up - you are going to BAN me from this thread!

I'm sorry! :blush:
WyoPrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #338
Junior LCF Member

WPC, what kind of info are you looking for? There is so much that I am doing that it's hard to narrow it down without any specifics...
Old 01-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wndrwmn67
Stats: 272/249/??? Under 200, please!
WOE: The Belly Fat Cure
Start Date: Restart: July 8, 2013
I love this WOE. My official one week totals are 12.5 lbs. lost and 5" off of my belly! I couldn't believe it. The big thing that I've noticed is that I do not feel hungry throughout the day and I used to be ravenous all the time. I've given up all soda which was tough for me in the beginning. I've decided to stick with water only and not even try the soda that Jorge recommends. I could only find it at one health store near here anyway and didn't think it would be worth the trouble.

I've been recording everything I eat on livestrong.com and although it doesn't group the carbs according to plan, it does keep track of sugars and carbs so you know where you stand throughout the day. Go to livestrong.com and then choose daily plate from there. They have about every food imaginable. It's great!!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:11 AM   #340
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wndrwmn67 View Post
I love this WOE. My official one week totals are 12.5 lbs. lost and 5" off of my belly! I couldn't believe it. The big thing that I've noticed is that I do not feel hungry throughout the day and I used to be ravenous all the time. I've given up all soda which was tough for me in the beginning. I've decided to stick with water only and not even try the soda that Jorge recommends. I could only find it at one health store near here anyway and didn't think it would be worth the trouble.

I've been recording everything I eat on livestrong.com and although it doesn't group the carbs according to plan, it does keep track of sugars and carbs so you know where you stand throughout the day. Go to livestrong.com and then choose daily plate from there. They have about every food imaginable. It's great!!
I wish that would work for me in one week because that's all I'd like to lose but unfortunately, it doesn't work when you have less to lose. Seriously, who cares about the weight on the scale, losing 5".....is even better.

Congrats on your loss, I'm proud! I'm trying my best to give up the diet coke but it's sooo hard. If I don't have it in the house along with everything else but when I go out ............. I can't resist!

I'm still reading the book. It's at my computer desk so no choice. Dh is still doing Dr. Oz. plan but had to leave for a week so he started on Monday (again) and we'll do the tape measure/weigh-in on Monday.

"What you eat in private is what you wear in public."

Last edited by Kaimi2008; 01-28-2010 at 03:12 AM..
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #341
Junior LCF Member

Has anyone tried to use that Carbalose flour? I had a huge craving for pasta last night and am sick of dreamfields. Really wanted ravioli so I made my own from Carbalose. For the first time since I started this thing I gained and it wasn't a little gain - 2.1 pounds!! My hub had the same problem. Any thoughts before my Carbalose gets sent to the black hole of my pantry.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #342

Did u mean +2.1 pounds? I've never heard of the flour...never seen it in the stores either. Stuff if very limited here.

i had dreamfields last night and gained 1.2. I said what the hell and ate junk today. I know, NOT the thing to do but this week I started walking a little more and have been good since Sunday. WTHart?

to a better week!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #343
Junior LCF Member

Sorry for the confusion, that was a hypen not a negative. Yes it was a PLUS 2.2 Pounds!! Yikes!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Steelslady
Stats: 292/283/180
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 10, 2010 restart May 6, 2012
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, that was a hypen not a negative. Yes it was a PLUS 2.2 Pounds!! Yikes!
Are you working out by any chance? Sometimes your muscles will hold on to water until they repair themselves. Within a couple of days you could end up losing that weight and a little more because of this.

Also- did you take in a little too much sodium? That too can cause a slight water gain for a couple of days.

I lost 9 lbs this week. I am very satisfied with this program and plan on continuing it!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #345
Junior LCF Member

Came up with a new take on an old recipe - YUMMY
Heat oven to 350. Generously spray (Pam) a 13x9 glass pan

Mix 2 eggs, 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese, 1 can diced green chiles, 2 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Pour into greased pan. Bake for 15 minutes (don't worry if it doesn't look done.) Loosen the "crust" and replace in pan. Put in the fridge for a minimum 30 minutes. The longer the better.

Meanwhile, mix 1 pound ground beef, 1 pound ground turkey sausage, 8 oz of cream cheese and 1 can of Rotels.

When ready to put in the oven again, at 375, spread your meat mixture across the top and sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheese. Bake for 10 minutes.

Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 8 servings.

Per serving: 3.0 grams of Carbs; 2 grams sugar.

IF YOU CAN'T LET IT COOL IN THE FRIDGE IT IS STILL YUMMY. IT JUST DOESN'T FIRM UP AS MUCH.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #346
Junior LCF Member

Carbalose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Are you working out by any chance? Sometimes your muscles will hold on to water until they repair themselves. Within a couple of days you could end up losing that weight and a little more because of this.

Also- did you take in a little too much sodium? That too can cause a slight water gain for a couple of days.

I lost 9 lbs this week. I am very satisfied with this program and plan on continuing it!
Unfortunately, I can't work out. Disabled. Sure bet it would make me do even better than I am.

I thought too much sodium caused water gain, not to little. No?

I really think it was the carbalose because that was the only thing out of the ordinary for me. I'll keep researching.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: Vegetarian (trying to be vegan!)
Start Date: Jan 2014
Wow this thread is on fire!
Hi to everyone and well done on all the success stories.
I love this woe and I will never change. It has really sorted out all my weird food issues. If I fall off the wagon, I just start again. No going back to induction or stuff like that. AND you can have wine on this plan! Excellent!
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #348

I can't remember but is there anyone here NOT buying belly good products and losing weight? I'm having a hard time finding his products and we only have one American store to buy from.

I did find Tumaro's Garden Spinach & Vegetables Healthy Flour Tortillas. I had one for breakfast this morning and it was really good.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Kami, I am buying some of it but mostly not. It is either on-line only, driving 50 miles to get, or just to danged expensive. I'm following the concept but not to the letter. I've lost 12 pounds since January 6 and my hub has dropped 25 or so.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #350

Quote:
Kami, I am buying some of it but mostly not. It is either on-line only, driving 50 miles to get, or just to danged expensive. I'm following the concept but not to the letter. I've lost 12 pounds since January 6 and my hub has dropped 25 or so.
Whew, that's good to know! Congrats to you both on the losses!!

I read labels like crazy (always have) and can't believe that I've been eating Milton's healthy multi-grain bread and it's on the belly bad side.

Also, dh has a box of AllBran Original and he couldn't believe it's on the belly bad side - - list of ingredients: HFCS he said: "no wonder I haven't been losing weight". Men.

We've decided to give up Splenda and try to find (online) the best "belly good" sweetener. Personally, I can do without it - if it's not at home. Any suggestions? Dh will not give up his cafe' he makes at home and at work.

What do you do for milk? No Jay Robb, No almond breeze, etc...still reading book and this thread. I really need a day at the library too study his book w/o any interruptions. Like, the computer.

Thanks again, for information!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Steelslady
Stats: 292/283/180
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: August 10, 2010 restart May 6, 2012
Quote:
Unfortunately, I can't work out. Disabled. Sure bet it would make me do even better than I am.

I thought too much sodium caused water gain, not to little. No?

I really think it was the carbalose because that was the only thing out of the ordinary for me. I'll keep researching.
That's what I asked lol. I think I may have worded it wrong but I was asking if you took in too much sodium.
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #352
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi2008 View Post

We've decided to give up Splenda and try to find (online) the best "belly good" sweetener. Personally, I can do without it - if it's not at home. Any suggestions? Dh will not give up his cafe' he makes at home and at work.

What do you do for milk? No Jay Robb, No almond breeze, etc...still reading book and this thread. I really need a day at the library too study his book w/o any interruptions. Like, the computer.

Thanks again, for information!!!
Personally, I like Truvia the best for the sweetner. I don't really use it for anything but baking or my coffee.

As for milk, here is a faux milk that is not too bad at all.

2 Tbs. of half and half (depending on how creamy you want it you can use heavy cream instead)
1 1/3 Tbs. of instant dry milk (12 g carb for 1/3 cup so don't freak)
1 cup of cold water preferably distilled
sprinkle of salt
tiny sprinkle of truvia

Just put the ingredients in and shake it up. Refrigerate. This makes just about one cup.

Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
Sugars 1.0 g

My hub tried the almond milk in his Uncle Sam cereal and was most unhappy. He likes this one much better. It makes a great pudding without having to add the xanthum gum to thicken it up.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #353
Junior LCF Member

Forgot to give credit where credit is due. The faux milk came from CarolynF. Thank you Carolyn!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jleblanc
Stats: 252(HW 225.2 Start this time /220.8/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 03/ again February 10,2011
I have found almond milk at some grocery stores in with other non-milk milk so to speak. Also my husband has replaced it in his coffee but not cereal. He likes it in coffee fine, so if you can find it that should help him.
jleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 AM   #355

Quote:
Personally, I like Truvia the best for the sweetner. I don't really use it for anything but baking or my coffee.

As for milk, here is a faux milk that is not too bad at all.

2 Tbs. of half and half (depending on how creamy you want it you can use heavy cream instead)
1 1/3 Tbs. of instant dry milk (12 g carb for 1/3 cup so don't freak)
1 cup of cold water preferably distilled
sprinkle of salt
tiny sprinkle of truvia

Just put the ingredients in and shake it up. Refrigerate. This makes just about one cup.

Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
Sugars 1.0 g

My hub tried the almond milk in his Uncle Sam cereal and was most unhappy. He likes this one much better. It makes a great pudding without having to add the xanthum gum to thicken it up.
I was going to order Truvia but it has 3g of carbs/zero sugar? Is that for one packet?

Thanks for the recipe.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 AM   #356
Senior LCF Member

I like sweetleaf liquid stevia.

As for almond milk, you can make your own easy enough grinding almonds with water in your blender and straining.
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #357
Junior LCF Member

Truvia

Quote:
I was going to order Truvia but it has 3g of carbs/zero sugar? Is that for one packet?

Thanks for the recipe.
According to Jorge's book, a packet is 0/0. The best that I can figure out is because while the packet is 3 carbs it is also 3 grams erythritol. Because it is not sugar it must equal zero.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Wonderful, light and airy snack cake

WKB Bundt Cake S/C Value = 2/1

Ingredients
1 scoop Slim Body Matrix - Vanilla Cake Batter
1 can (15 oz) S&W Premium White Kidney Beans
4 oz Great Value Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Splenda
2 Tb Torani S/F Caramel Syrup
2 Tb Torani S/F Vanilla Syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
1 cup Pureed Spaghetti Squash

To Make
put everything in food processor
blend really really well
grease pan with Pam
pour into 12 mini bundt cake pan
bake 350 for 20 minutes
cool 10 minutes before removing from pan

Number of Servings: 12

Nutritional Info per mini bundt cake

Fat: 2.2g
Carbohydrates: 9.0g
Sugar: 1.5g

Calories:82.2
Protein: 5.6g
Old 02-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #359

Quote:
According to Jorge's book, a packet is 0/0. The best that I can figure out is because while the packet is 3 carbs it is also 3 grams erythritol. Because it is not sugar it must equal zero.
I see that now.

Have you tried the cake yet? I can't imagine beans tasting good baked. You never know,
Old 02-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #360
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I see that now.

Have you tried the cake yet? I can't imagine beans tasting good baked. You never know,
OMG!!! It is soo good. My kids totally think I am making them "bad" deserts because I love them so much. Little do they know that I am making them "good" deserts because I love them so much!

My husband left it on his plate because he thought I was giving him a cheat. He actually got upset with me for tempting him!