Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #271
Senior LCF Member

Please share some of the contradictions! Inquiring minds need to know!! Maltitol seems to be one of them, no?
Low-Carb Chicklady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalp View Post
My ice cream maker can today by FED-X

Now I need to buy some Maltitol sweetner to make the ice cream, most sites say they are out of stock / sold out!

I can't find this sweenter in my town, I need to order off the internet.

Hey! How'd the ice cream making go????
Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WyoPrairieChick
Stats: 213/213/140
WOE: Crack The Fat Loss Code
Start Date: Everyday is a NEW day, NEW start!
JC FB Contraditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low-Carb Chicklady View Post
Please share some of the contradictions! Inquiring minds need to know!! Maltitol seems to be one of them, no?
OK, here are some that I have copied and pasted from Jorge Cruise Facebook page...

Quote:
Jorge. On page 194 u c taco bell supreme bad but then on page 313 we see taco supreme at a 2 /1. This is confusing. I had 3 of them seeing them on pg 313. Please help. I dnt want 2 b sabotaging this way of life i have been trying 2 live. Also u list flour as ing do u mean soy or is it reg? Its not specified. Thanks. Im sure ill have more questions
Quote:
HELP!!!!! I just bought the book The Bellyfat Cure. I am really confused!!! In the menu section you have celery and cream cheese as a snack with a 0/0 value, but celery has a 1/0 value all on its own. Please explain?????
The last time Jorge was on his FB page was 1/8/10.

If anyone here has the answer - that would be GREAT!
WyoPrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kim. I tried to sign up at facebook to check him out, but it won't let me log in. No doubt something I screwed up
I'd like to know why he likes maltitol so much when it's the highest impact (glycemic) sugar alc there is!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #275
Junior LCF Member

Maltitol

Quote:
Thanks Kim. I tried to sign up at facebook to check him out, but it won't let me log in. No doubt something I screwed up
I'd like to know why he likes maltitol so much when it's the highest impact (glycemic) sugar alc there is!
Me too - there are a lot of people on his facebook page that are complaining that they can't find the products he is calling for in the book. Some are saying, they have found an item, but it is out of stock - kind'a like his book!

My conclusion - you have the theory (15/6) right? The best thing to do is do your best with reading labels. This is to be a long term way of eating, you don't want to rely on some product that you have to ship in, and what happens if the company goes out of business??? The best is to find the best you can locally and go with it.

Sure, there are going to be SOME mistakes - there are in Crack the Fat Loss Cure, but we have the formula - we have a brain - let's figure it out and go on from there!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

True enough. There are very few of the items he mentions available here in the sticks. We do get Alvarado breads though, and a nearby middle east bakery, Joseph's, makes great low carb pita bread. We've always made a lot from scratch as it is. I just like LOTS of variety.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #277
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
True enough. There are very few of the items he mentions available here in the sticks. We do get Alvarado breads though, and a nearby middle east bakery, Joseph's, makes great low carb pita bread. We've always made a lot from scratch as it is. I just like LOTS of variety.
I agree with you - VARIETY is GREAT!
WyoPrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Hi Guys! Anyone interested in sharing their menus?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by koltov View Post
Hi, I just joined this site and went looking to see if there was anything about Jorge Cruise here, and sure enough, here it is.

Another product he recommends is a particular ketchup which I believe uses xylitol. The only place to buy it is off the company's web site and it costs as much to ship as the product costs! So not sure if there's any reasonable alternatives. I have been using the Heinz ketchup with sucralose, but I'd like to give up that stuff if possible. Jorge is really big on NOT having Splenda, Equal, or Sweet-n-low.

I'll be interested to keep up with people on this thread to see how successful everyone is...and how many stick to the plan and keep off the weight!

Dave
My Whole Foods carries the ketchup so you might look there. I hadn't looked for the Jay Robb there so thanks for mentoning it. It is raved about on a lot of sites.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Aloha
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #280
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
No, not doing his plan (yet, maybe one day ) but I bought his book about a week ago and I'm looking at page 180 - Panera Bread Chicken Bacon Dijon Panini belly bad and belly good Crispy Chicken Panini. I love this book!!

*subscribed*
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #281
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: koltov
Stats: 243/235/180
WOE: Jorge Cruise
Start Date: January 10, 2010
Someone asked me the other day, "what's the difference between Jorge Cruise's diet plan and the Atkins plan since both promotes high protein and low carbs?" I wasn't quite sure how to answer that! Can anyone help? :-)

I'm also discouraged, because while I was pumped for losing the 8 pounds now I've gained two pounds back, but haven't been eating much and have not gone over his 15/6 S/C values each day.

In fact, one morning I made myself a whole wheat pizza pita (2 carbs, and perhaps 1 gram of sugar). I used about 2tbs of Ragu Pizza sauce (NO added sugar), mozzarella cheese, and topped with about 2 tbl of beef bacon (no carbs or sugar). I wasn't hungry for regular lunch...but for dinner I took fresh broccoli florets and stir fried them with fresh garlic, ginger, no sugar added soy sauce, tbl. of sesame oil, and a tsp chili garlic paste (from Asian market) (this wasn't from any recipe...I just made it up). So there was virtually no carbs or sugar and it held me long past dinner time. I was a good boy for dinner! Next morning I was up a pound and the day after and today, I'm up two pounds. I don't get it!!!

Dave
koltov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

I haven't lost either. I thought it was me.

Atkins allows a max of 20 grams of carbs for the first 2 weeks, and 5 a week added back after that. Jorge allows 120 gram, right from the start.

I like your broccoli recipe. I make something similar, just add some shrimp
Old 01-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CosmicGirl
WOE: BFC
Start Date: Jan 2009
Hi all,
Dave and LowCarbChickLady are you eating enough (weird concept, I know!) and more importantly, are you eating enough fibre? I'm pretty much at goal weight but do tend to gain if I don't eat enough
CosmicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsOverSugar
Stats: 275/251.4/150
WOE: LCHF + 5 Rules of Mastering Leptin
Start Date: Over and over everyday
WyoPrairieChick - I'm looking at my book right now. I think the differences in the taco bell taco supremes is that on page 194, the picture shows 2 taco supremes and a cup of sauce and on page 313, he gives the value for just 1 taco supreme without sauce. We don't know how much sugars are in the sauce, so can't speak for that, but that does make better sense as to why there are two different sugar carb values.
ItsOverSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
Hi everyone! It sounds like there is a learning curve until we all figure out what works for us. Koltov-I know I always gain when I use any kind of soy sauce but it usually takes a day and lots of water. I know that when I eat a lot of veggies I can show a gain before my body digests. For this reason I am only weighing once a week. I will know tomorrow what the deal is for me. As far as food I feel like I am eating like a normal person -not really lo-carbing. I had baked cheetos and chocolate yesterday but the difference for me is that I had one serving of each-not a full out binge. I hope this works as I really enjoy eating this way and it has helped with the binges-a problem for me. Take care everyone!!!
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
Hi all,
Dave and LowCarbChickLady are you eating enough (weird concept, I know!) and more importantly, are you eating enough fibre? I'm pretty much at goal weight but do tend to gain if I don't eat enough

think so. I'm never hungry.....although I silll have cravings for sweets.:blush:
Old 01-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingwell
Hi Kim (Kimad)--I sent you a PM.

For figuring out carb servings, do we use total carbs or total carbs minus fiber? (Total versus net)--I know that we probably shouldn't subtract sugar alcohols, but then we shouldn't be eating foods with them anyway, right?

Thanks in advance. I may try this plan--I've been all over the place with my eating and need to find something that doesn't make me crazy and obsessive, but helps to balance my eating a bit.
gettingwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Actually, Jorge seems to love maltitol
No, you don't subtract fiber (if I can answer) and while you don't count SA's as sugar, you do count them as carbs.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

My turn for questions...

If you eat three vegetables, and each has 5 grams carbs, do you now count that as 3 of your 6 carb servings, or do you add them together, 15 grams of carbs, and use only 1 of your carb servings?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingwell
Low-Carb chicklady...thanks for answering my question...and I was actually going to ask the EXACT same question that you just asked! Hopefully someone who has the book can tell us.
gettingwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

I have the book....I just can't find an answer!!
Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #292
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
My turn for questions...

If you eat three vegetables, and each has 5 grams carbs, do you now count that as 3 of your 6 carb servings, or do you add them together, 15 grams of carbs, and use only 1 of your carb servings?
I don't know if this is the RIGHT answer but if I was eating 3 vegetables each with 5 carbs, I guess I'd consider that 3 carb servings. It feels like you're getting cheated that way...but Jorge's feeling is that you have to be strict...example: if you are right at 5 carbs for someting...it's only ONE away from it being free (<4) but you still count it as 5 or 1 serving. I think the same is true here. I will check with my brother and answer later tonight or tomorrow...since I'm supposed to be here working and not answering posts!

Dave
Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Yea, seems if you're good about eating veggies, you could get as little as 30 grams of carbs per day... more like the 4th week of Atkins......no room for whole grains....

Tell your boss it was important
Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by koltov View Post
I don't know if this is the RIGHT answer but if I was eating 3 vegetables each with 5 carbs, I guess I'd consider that 3 carb servings. It feels like you're getting cheated that way...but Jorge's feeling is that you have to be strict...example: if you are right at 5 carbs for someting...it's only ONE away from it being free (<4) but you still count it as 5 or 1 serving. I think the same is true here. I will check with my brother and answer later tonight or tomorrow...since I'm supposed to be here working and not answering posts!

Dave
As I understand it - under 5 is free and 5 - 20 you count as one carb serving so 3 veggies at 5 apiece is only 15 - hence one of your 6 carb servings. I think most people will get their carbs from veggies is they are doing this in a healthy manner. That gives you 120 carbs a day which is a lot of carbs unless most of them are veggies.

This makes this diet quite different from Atkins, but is still considered lower carb than a low fat diet would be. It is certainly easier to go out to eat and not have to say you are doing low carb!!

Please correct me if I do not have my information correct.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
As I understand it - under 5 is free and 5 - 20 you count as one carb serving so 3 veggies at 5 apiece is only 15 - hence one of your 6 carb servings. I think most people will get their carbs from veggies is they are doing this in a healthy manner. That gives you 120 carbs a day which is a lot of carbs unless most of them are veggies.

This makes this diet quite different from Atkins, but is still considered lower carb than a low fat diet would be. It is certainly easier to go out to eat and not have to say you are doing low carb!!

Please correct me if I do not have my information correct.
So if I have a serving of grains that is 21 grams of carbs, which I must count as 2 of my servings, I could actually add something with an additional 18 grams of carbs to keep it under 40 and still count it as 2 servings?
Old 01-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimad
Stats: 147/125
WOE: Big Breakfast diet
Start Date: September 10, 2013
All of these are good questions-for the veggies if I have a big salad with lots of veggies I count the whole salad as 1 carb serving. I quess it is a matter of how strict you want the program to be -for me I need a plan of eating that will not be so restrictive. With that said I only-I'll take it-lost 2 ponds this week-not the big losses promised. But I ate well, had wine and did not feel deprived. Gotta run! Kim
Kimad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #297
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
So if I have a serving of grains that is 21 grams of carbs, which I must count as 2 of my servings, I could actually add something with an additional 18 grams of carbs to keep it under 40 and still count it as 2 servings?
You probably already know this, but stay away from carrots! Very heavy in carbs...years ago I was on Weight Watchers and I couldn't imagine why I wasn't losing any weight. I was eating tons of carrots thinking they were "free" veggies to eat.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DebbiAnn
Stats: 200/195/150
WOE: Modified Atkins/CAD
Start Date: April 2009
I bought the book and tried it for a week. I gained 3 lbs, and it thru my system into a tailspin. I am 65 and I think this diet works for a much younger person. Also you cant get much info from him. He is on face book and there are a few people there who can probably help. I followed a modified atkins diet (I dont count anything. Just eat meat and veggies, no sugar or starches.) and lost 20 lbs since April. After gaining over the holidays and fooling around with the BFC, I am back on what works. Good Luck
DebbiAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shapeup
Stats: 222/xxx/170
WOE: LC
Start Date: Dec.2006 / restart Oct.13,2012
I also gained weight up 5 lbs.

I'm going back to LC, I think I'm eating to many carbs.

Love the ice cream maker, which may be part of the weight gain.
shapeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #300
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
My turn for questions...

Just occurred to me about your question: wouldn't 15 grams of carbs be TWO servings rather than one? Isn't it 5-10 = 1 and 10-20 grams = 2 servings?

So the question is whether the 3 vegetables of 5 grams each would be 3 of allowed 6 servings or 2 of the allowed 6 servings? (does that make sense?)