Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: xbumblebeex
Stats: 160/158.6/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 10 April 2011
~Intuitive Eating~ 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I thought that for the new year we maybe deserved a new fresh thread. The other one was getting quite long which was great to see!

To all of the regulars To anybody new

This is a thread where we discuss the principles of intuitive eating and try our best to practice them. You may just be interested in the idea or you may want to live the intuitive way, but please pop in. We do love a chat.

Everyone here is doing a mixture. Some are maybe trying to focus on just one or two of the principles and some are trying to do them all. It really is up to you as long as it works for you and you feel happy with it.

10 Principles of Intuitive Eating

1. Reject the Diet Mentality Throw out the diet books and magazine articles that offer you false hope of losing weight quickly, easily, and permanently. Get angry at the lies that have led you to feel as if you were a failure every time a new diet stopped working and you gained back all of the weight. If you allow even one small hope to linger that a new and better diet might be lurking around the corner, it will prevent you from being free to rediscover Intuitive Eating.

2. Honor Your Hunger Keep your body biologically fed with adequate energy and carbohydrates. Otherwise you can trigger a primal drive to overeat. Once you reach the moment of excessive hunger, all intentions of moderate, conscious eating are fleeting and irrelevant. Learning to honor this first biological signal sets the stage for re-building trust with yourself and food.

3. Make Peace with Food Call a truce, stop the food fight! Give yourself unconditional permission to eat. If you tell yourself that you can't or shouldn't have a particular food, it can lead to intense feelings of deprivation that build into uncontrollable cravings and, often, bingeing When you finally “give-in” to your forbidden food, eating will be experienced with such intensity, it usually results in Last Supper overeating, and overwhelming guilt.

4. Challenge the Food Police .Scream a loud "NO" to thoughts in your head that declare you're "good" for eating under 1000 calories or "bad" because you ate a piece of chocolate cake. The Food Police monitor the unreasonable rules that dieting has created . The police station is housed deep in your psyche, and its loud speaker shouts negative barbs, hopeless phrases, and guilt-provoking indictments. Chasing the Food Police away is a critical step in returning to Intuitive Eating.

5. Respect Your Fullness Listen for the body signals that tell you that you are no longer hungry. Observe the signs that show that you're comfortably full. Pause in the middle of a meal or food and ask yourself how the food tastes, and what is your current fullness level?

6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor The Japanese have the wisdom to promote pleasure as one of their goals of healthy living In our fury to be thin and healthy, we often overlook one of the most basic gifts of existence--the pleasure and satisfaction that can be found in the eating experience. When you eat what you really want, in an environment that is inviting and conducive, the pleasure you derive will be a powerful force in helping you feel satisfied and content. By providing this experience for yourself, you will find that it takes much less food to decide you've had "enough".

7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food Find ways to comfort , nurture, distract, and resolve your issues without using food. Anxiety, loneliness, boredom, anger are emotions we all experience throughout life. Each has its own trigger, and each has its own appeasement. Food won't fix any of these feelings. It may comfort for the short term, distract from the pain, or even numb you into a food hangover. But food won't solve the problem. If anything, eating for an emotional hunger will only make you feel worse in the long run. You'll ultimately have to deal with the source of the emotion, as well as the discomfort of overeating.

8. Respect Your Body Accept your genetic blueprint. Just as a person with a shoe size of eight would not expect to realistically squeeze into a size six, it is equally as futile (and uncomfortable) to have the same expectation with body size. But mostly, respect your body, so you can feel better about who you are. It's hard to reject the diet mentality if you are unrealistic and overly critical about your body shape.

9. Exercise--Feel the Difference Forget militant exercise. Just get active and feel the difference. Shift your focus to how it feels to move your body, rather than the calorie burning effect of exercise. If you focus on how you feel from working out, such as energized, it can make the difference between rolling out of bed for a brisk morning walk or hitting the snooze alarm. If when you wake up, your only goal is to lose weight, it's usually not a motivating factor in that moment of time.

10 Honor Your Health--Gentle Nutrition Make food choices that honor your health and tastebuds while making you feel well. Remember that you don't have to eat a perfect diet to be healthy. You will not suddenly get a nutrient deficiency or gain weight from one snack, one meal, or one day of eating. It's what you eat consistently over time that matters, progress not perfection is what counts.

Here is a hunger scale also. There are lots of different versions but they are all based on the same idea.

HUNGER SCALE

10 - STUFFED: so full that you feel nauseous
9 - VERY UNCOMFORTABLY FULL:
you need to loosen your clothes
8 - UNCOMFORTABLY FULL: you feel bloated
7 - FULL: you feel a little bit uncomfortable
6 - PERFECTLY COMFORTABLE: you feel satisfied
5 - COMFORTABLE: you're more/less satisfied,
but could eat a little more
4 - SLIGHTLY UNCOMFORTABLE: you're just
beginning to feel signs of hunger
3 - UNCOMFORTABLE: stomach is rumbling
2 - VERY UNCOMFORTABLE: you feel irritable
& unable to concentrate
1 - WEAK & LIGHT-HEADED: your stomach acid is churning

** Begin eating when you're at a 3 or 4
** Stop at 5, if you're trying to lose weight
** Stop at 6, if you're wanting to maintain your weight

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN 2009! I hope we all reach our goals!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Some Intuitive Eating Links

Here are some links which you might find useful.

The Center for Mindful Eating

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...ve-eating.html

www.intuitiveeating.com

CNN.com - Common sense approach to eating - Jan 11, 2006

Heal Eating Problems and Start Living!

@ Beyond Chocolate @

Last edited by xbumblebeex; 01-02-2009 at 12:50 AM..
xbumblebeex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

From a Nourishing Connections Newsletter

I thought this was quite inspiring when I read it and wanted to share it with you all.

Reflections for Staying Attuned As we begin a New Year, we realize that plenty of people are suffering. Due to the current state of our economy, many have gone without during the recent holidays; and in many parts of the world, there is violence.

In the spirit of the season, we also realize that acting with compassion and kindness can help all of us through these difficult times.

Yet, on this first day of January, how many of us have considered starting a diet? Bombarded by all the "diet-now" messages, it is easy to believe our intention to diet is an act of self-improvement and self-care. But that might not be the case. It is possible to view dieting-taking in less fuel than the body needs and ignoring the needs of the body-as a form of violence against ourselves. If we are perpetuating even small amounts of violence against ourselves, can we truly act with compassion toward the world?

If, on the other hand, we respond to our body's needs by feeding ourselves when we are hungry, we treat ourselves with respectful self-care. And this self-respecting care creates a spirit of generosity and compassion that enables us to naturally and easily give more to ourselves and the world.

Our willingness to take care of ourselves is a foundation for inner peace. So in this New Year, if we can set our intentions to practice generosity, kindness, and compassion every single day by attending to our body's needs, we will nourish not only ourselves, but also those around us.
Stay Attuned Tip
As the New Year's dieting advertisements reach out to ensnare you, commit to shutting out their negating messages. For just one day, refuse to listen to, read, or discuss anything related to dieting. Quickly avert your eyes or change the channel. Know that you do not need to deny your needs to take good care of yourself.

Stay Attuned Affirmation "I care for others as I care for myself."
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Marking my place! Be back later - once the cold has gone!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi everyone. Let's make it a great year with IE.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Thanks for starting us up, bumblebee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbumblebeex View Post

Our willingness to take care of ourselves is a foundation for inner peace.
So in this New Year, if we can set our intentions to practice generosity, kindness, and compassion every single day by attending to our body's needs, we will nourish not only ourselves, but also those around us.
And...what an awesome post!

[COLOR="Lime"]HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!![/COLOR]

Let's eat intuitively all year long!

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Hey, Bumblebee!

I think I'll join you this year. I need to put IE into practice. I'm retraining my body to recognize hunger "cues".
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! It's great to see you all here! I'm glad i'm starting 2009 with IE. I've enjoyed the festive season so much more and I also feel so much healthier because I've been eating intuitively. I don't have the usual january food hangover.

I've really noticed myself getting into the IE groove. For example, on New Year's day I was involved in preparing food and setting out a buffet (as well as clearing up) and normally I would nibble!! I didn't this year and it was great. I enjoyed the food so much better once I could properly sit down and eat it.

I was also out for dinner tonight and I really enjoyed my meal but I didn't finish it. I knew when I had had enough. I'm feeling so much better and I haven't felt bloated or full in quite a few days. I'm hoping to keep this going!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oobladee
Stats: Top BMI: 37; Currently: 30-31
WOE: Moderate fat & cals/hi protein/low carb
Start Date: March 2006
subscribing!
oobladee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:21 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ravae11
Stats: 210/128
WOE: modified greysheet
Start Date: July 8, 1986
SILVER LINING...........

Thanks for starting the new thread.

I have mis-created some stress in my life right now. Which has some very positive side effects.

I am experiencing to the nth degree what it is to be "detached" from
food. I love it. My "intention" is to be this way for the rest of my
life. What is so cool about all this is that my stress has given me the
gift of knowing what feeling detached from food feels like. I want to
get a little bit more of my appetite back but not all of it. But I
want everything else to stay exactly the way it is. Hence that is my
intention.

Since I dived into the Law of Attraction two year ago christmas my way
of looking at things has done a 180. I have been stressed before and
I'm sure experienced being detached from food.....but beings I was also
detached from me. I could not connect with it as the gift it is.

It's all in my mind.

Last edited by ravae11; 01-04-2009 at 04:22 AM..
ravae11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:30 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've really noticed myself getting into the IE groove. For example, on New Year's day I was involved in preparing food and setting out a buffet (as well as clearing up) and normally I would nibble!! I didn't this year and it was great. I enjoyed the food so much better once I could properly sit down and eat it. !
Ditto for me too. I find by not nibbling and being quite hungry when I sit down to eat, makes the food so much more yummy. Before IE I never notices that connection. In fact, now when I hear my tummy growl it excites me because I know what ever I eat, especially the first thing I eat, is going to be nirvana!!

Like right now my tummy just growled so I am going to go get a bowl of grapenuts with raisins I love grapenuts with raisins. My darling food police girl is giving some slack because it's only 4:30 a.m. here. But my tummy growled and wants to eat and she, my tummy, will never stear me wrong.

Last edited by ravae11; 01-04-2009 at 04:36 AM..
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Me again.....

I'm getting my wish to continue being more detached from food. In my last post I talked about going and getting a bowl of grapenuts and raisins to take care of my growling tummy. Then I commented that I love grapenuts and raisins.

Ok Now I'm sitting down eating the grapesnuts and raisins and I realize I don't love them, I like them....that's all I like them.

Maybe love is not for food, maybe it's only for things like grandkids and puppies, kitties and hugs from those I love.

I love these "aha" life altering moments.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I REALLY love these..so glad you refreshed this thread. Thank you Thank You!

Per my usual MO, I do have some critique of its general structure, but i plan to re-visit many of these. Very useful i think for me to discuss and share. Escpecially of interest to me is hunger and recognizing it, coming to terms.

Here is the one I feel is my biggest challenge lately:

2. Honor Your Hunger Keep your body biologically fed with adequate energy and carbohydrates. Otherwise you can trigger a primal drive to overeat. Once you reach the moment of excessive hunger, all intentions of moderate, conscious eating are fleeting and irrelevant. Learning to honor this first biological signal sets the stage for re-building trust with yourself and food.

Believe it or not, i still do not honor this - after all i know, I find that I do in a way, forget to eat. I laugh about that, but really I go too long between mini-meals. Taking a moment to pause here, my bariatric counsel tries not use the word snack - pretty interesting, don't you think, I would guess b/c the word has "eat with abandon" type of vibe - what do you think?

But anyway, back to the OP, I also realized since I never very often anyway, let my hunger get past stage 4 down there in the hunger scale before i get to the irrational state! So, that is the stage of Excessive Hunger for me! What a baby i am!

....I really need to try to get down to at least #3 once in a while - hmmm i wonder if thinking that way tempts the Fates? I mean now, when I am at stage 3, I could eat a kid if I thought no one would miss it! Chissakes, at stage 2 hunger, I would use a gun to get a Little Debbie Cake (and you KNOW how I feel about those!)...number one, call the coroner!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mogget
Stats: size 26/16/10
WOE: ICMYT/Exercise
Start Date: restarting Sep 1 2010
Yay! New year and a New Thread....

Quote:
Ok Now I'm sitting down eating the grapesnuts and raisins and I realize I don't love them, I like them....that's all I like them.

Maybe love is not for food, maybe it's only for things like grandkids and puppies, kitties and hugs from those I love.
Excellent realisation to have! Way to go!
Mogget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I was reading in the upday down day thread and was very intrigued and thought how can I do that with my IE.

The idea of the upday down day is..... one day I would eat what ever I wanted and the next I would limit severely what I eat. They do it by counting calories. Which I thought about but my Sweet Wild Child freaked big time and we (her and I) have come to far for me to have her return to freaksville.

But what she was OK with is only eating small amounts of what ever she wants and waiting until our tummy growls before we eat another small amount. I'm very excited to have found this concept and play with.

They suggest you do alternate upday down day and so on. Tomorrow will be an up day then I will have to get the ok from Sweet Wild Child before we would make Wednesday another down day.

I'll keep you posted.

I just love that it's my life and I make the rules.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Obladee! Great to have you here! I agree that to begin with it is hard to honour hunger! For me it was because it was drummed into me by numerous diets that hunger was bad, hunger was a sign of no will power etc! Now I love it when i'm hungry because I get the chance to eat! For example, this morning, I really like my breakfast cereal but I wasn't hungry for it so I didn't want to waste the eating experience by eating when I wasn't hungry. I think i'll look forward to it later.

Hey Ravae! I don't think i'm completely detached from food yet but i'm getting there and I too love how it feels. I do feel so free. That is the only way to describe it. I'm also trying to detach myself from the scale just now. So i'm not weighing in until the end of this month. This has been hard because I'm used to daily weigh ins! I'm still making my way through the secret book but i'm really interested in this law of attraction. So how are you going to do this up day down day thing? What will you do if you feel like you want two up days or vice versa? Will you just let your body tell you what you want? I'm interested to see how this works for you!

Hey Mogget!! I also agree that it was a good realisation. I probably say I love certain foods too when really I only like them.

to Rebecca, Vicky, Kissa, Lora and anyone else reading!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

So last night was quite an important night for me. I was having dinner and it was one of my favourite meals - a nice pasta dish. Anyway I ate really slowly and was very conscious about what I was doing. I got a bout half way through the portion and I had to stop. I felt full. So while everyone else cleared their plates I waited to see if I was truly finished or if I needed more. I was finished so I put the rest in a container and I might have it today at some point when I'm hungry! I can't believe I did this! I'm really proud!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
:
Hey Ravae! I don't think i'm completely detached from food yet but i'm getting there and I too love how it feels. I do feel so free. That is the only way to describe it.
[COLOR="Blue"]To be partly detached or have moments of being detached from food are all you need for the Law of Attraction to bring you more. [/COLOR]

I'm also trying to detach myself from the scale just now.
[COLOR="Blue"]I can relate, what helps me is when ever I think of weighing I think "Then What!" and the answer is then I will feel like shite because it's never enough. For me that's enough to usually keep me away from the scales [/COLOR]

I'm still making my way through the secret book but i'm really interested in this law of attraction.
[COLOR="Blue"]The biggest gift The Law of Attraction has given me is the ability to decide what I want to believe. [/COLOR]

So how are you going to do this up day down day thing? What will you do if you feel like you want two up days or vice versa? Will you just let your body tell you what you want?
[COLOR="Blue"]How did you know, our mind must think alike [/COLOR]

I'm interested to see how this works for you!!
[COLOR="Blue"]I'm posting in that thread too. You might want to pop over now and then to see. [/COLOR]

Last edited by ravae11; 01-06-2009 at 04:31 AM..
Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So last night was quite an important night for me. I was having dinner and it was one of my favourite meals - a nice pasta dish. Anyway I ate really slowly and was very conscious about what I was doing. I got a bout half way through the portion and I had to stop. I felt full. So while everyone else cleared their plates I waited to see if I was truly finished or if I needed more. I was finished so I put the rest in a container and I might have it today at some point when I'm hungry! I can't believe I did this! I'm really proud!

I'm [COLOR="Magenta"]"tickled pink"[/COLOR] for you!!!!! I too have had a simular experience with a pot pie I ate about a week ago.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Awww thanks Ravae! The support here is just brill! I think I will pop over and have a read at the other thread to hear about your progress!

I just ate the rest of the pasta there for "breakfast" although it is probably more "lunchtime". I just wasn't hungry this morning.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

I have *finally* grown to make no apologies for the fact that I love food. Many people, fat and thin, claim that..but at long last I can truly enjoy quality food at times - it is no longer a drug that I stuff holes in my soul with!

This, I have come to believe is about getting to know my body: If I feel any of my binge triggers, like anger, loneliness, isolation (usually brought on by moi!), fear, exhaustion, illness...i KNOW better to than to sit down with a croissant and nutella or pizza! THOSE times are when I have conditioned myself to eat meats/veggies/fats as my healing food! It is actually that simple for me. Am i 100% on this? no, but I can say that I am more than 98% like this!

Nowadays, when I eat "off plan" foods, it is not about being angry/depressed/lonely/exhausted...I choose it and i make sure that i have had lots of good food first, and a little of "that type" of food.

This took me years...so if any of you lurking or active think how far you are from that...maybe so, but don't give up on it - ever.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
Quote:

You should be proud!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobladee View Post
I have *finally* grown to make no apologies for the fact that I love food. Many people, fat and thin, claim that..but at long last I can truly enjoy quality food at times - it is no longer a drug that I stuff holes in my soul with!

This, I have come to believe is about getting to know my body: If I feel any of my binge triggers, like anger, loneliness, isolation (usually brought on by moi!), fear, exhaustion, illness...i KNOW better to than to sit down with a croissant and nutella or pizza! THOSE times are when I have conditioned myself to eat meats/veggies/fats as my healing food! It is actually that simple for me. Am i 100% on this? no, but I can say that I am more than 98% like this!

Nowadays, when I eat "off plan" foods, it is not about being angry/depressed/lonely/exhausted...I choose it and i make sure that i have had lots of good food first, and a little of "that type" of food.

This took me years...so if any of you lurking or active think how far you are from that...maybe so, but don't give up on it - ever.
oobladee, I want you to know that your posts both reassure me and inspire me.

Thank you very much; I hope you continue to post here.

KUTGW!!!

(Did you have to mention croissants and nutella, though?)...JK
momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

( i know...sooo glad i do not live anywhere NEAR a french bakery...my rule is, not fresh baked, no eat it! the ones at the store are just not the same)

Thank you very much for your thank you..nice to be appreciated. I am likewise glad that you are here.We need each other.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I got this from the spark people website. Although it is still a "diet" site it is more geared towards healthy living and healthy eating. It is certainly not a fad and some of the information there is really useful. I thought this was quite IE orientated.

Think of the word "diet," and what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Visions of joyless eating, piles of pale lettuce, bored taste buds, more pale lettuce, meals that would starve a mouse, and mounds of food labeled "Off Limits" and locked away, never to be tasted again. Oh, and lettuce. In other words:

Don’t
Imagine
Eating
This

Boooring! Deprivation diets, fad diets and taboo-food diets send the wrong message. Your body is not an enemy that needs to be beaten and starved into submission. Building healthy habits can – and should – be fun! This is a positive thing you’re doing, making yourself healthy and happy at the same time.

Food was created for a reason. Each food has specific benefits and potential drawbacks. Even chocolate, in certain forms, is said to protect against high blood pressure and heart disease. On the other hand, if you eat nothing but grapefruits, you'll be loading up on certain vitamins, but missing out on a lot of other very important nutrients. The key is balance. Too much of anything can hurt. But not enough of everything can hurt even more.

How far do you think your car would go on watered down gas or without any oil? About 20 miles, probably. You’re no different. Deprive your body of what it needs and it’ll break down. The secret is to be conscious of the grades of "oil" and "gas" that you use. Some are more powerful than others, and help you run longer on less fuel.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I like the car analogy!

I am currently trying to remember that although I overate my curry tonight it's okay - I've been eating really well the past few days and sometimes this is going to happen - I ate a lot of really healthy meals on the way up to this weight - there can be the odd hiccup on the way down!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:32 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Some more links that might be useful

Intuitive Eating research abstracts courtesy of Lindsay Pasdera Marquez, MS RD

Women who accept their bodies more likely to eat healthy

Customized fitness & intuitive eating coach to overcome emotional eating
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I realised today that I still have my selection box from Christmas! Normally it's gone by new year so that I can start a new "diet".

Just a random fact but i thought it was quite interesting!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #28

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Doing well on this at present as my DD (MintQ8) is such a great support. She is totally into this and it is inspiring to see her changing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Yay! Well done. It's so thrilling to be able to do that
Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have been doing well eatting intuitively lately - day before yesterday I was VERY hungry and ate more than usual (though not to overfullness) but yesterday hardly hungry at all and ate very little. Doing well on food and cooking choices too and the FH and I are both eating a lot more salad type foods and loving it. I am pretty chuffed with myself as I bought a block of chocolate for the boy on Sunday night as a thankyou (he built me a deck!) and there is still some choc left in the fridge. Normally (I should say previously!) I would eat it till it's gone immediately. I had a fair bit the first night, and a little bit since then... last night none at all.
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it...