Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: arly
Stats: 195/188/165
WOE: egg/protein mainly
Start Date: Oct 20, 2008
RECIPES FOR EGG/PROTEIN FAST.....

Mostly those I've seen on the main thread are for egg creams and chocolate eggs so without having to go thru all those pages, thought it would be nice to have other ecipes all in one place.
If you have one for OTHER THAN egg creams or choc. eggs....please let us see them here.

I made this last night on a whim and enjoyed it muchly:
MOCK RICE PUDDING

Beat 2 eggs with dash salt, 1/2 tsp. cinn., 2 tbl. hi fat cottage cheese, 2 pkts. sweetener or use liquid of choice (I used tsp vanilla Davincis).
Beat all well and cook in small hot frying pan with 1 tsp. melted EVCO.
Let set then flip over just til cooked thru and cheese is melting. DON'T OVERCOOK.

To me....this smelled and tasted a lot like rice pudding. Hope you like.
arly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by arly View Post
Mostly those I've seen on the main thread are for egg creams and chocolate eggs so without having to go thru all those pages, thought it would be nice to have other ecipes all in one place.
If you have one for OTHER THAN egg creams or choc. eggs....please let us see them here.

I made this last night on a whim and enjoyed it muchly:
MOCK RICE PUDDING

Beat 2 eggs with dash salt, 1/2 tsp. cinn., 2 tbl. hi fat cottage cheese, 2 pkts. sweetener or use liquid of choice (I used tsp vanilla Davincis).
Beat all well and cook in small hot frying pan with 1 tsp. melted EVCO.
Let set then flip over just til cooked thru and cheese is melting. DON'T OVERCOOK.

To me....this smelled and tasted a lot like rice pudding. Hope you like.

Arly that sounds fab, and I agree starting another thread for all of our recipes is terrific Idea! I did compile a word doc of all of the other recipes we have on the main thread and I've been emailing it to people.....while there are a lot of egg creams, we also have a ton of other recipes in there....soups, mock danish, scotch eggs, etc.....it's about 9 pages long....if you'd like a copy just drop me a note at my email: ladyboss7@yahoo.com I'm happy to send it over. And your recipe there looks really good, I'll have to give it a try!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:38 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
HOMEMADE MAYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB
This is Alton Brown's Recipe (Good Eats) adapted a bit for LC and yeasties

Mayonnaise:
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 pinches sweetner
1 cup oil - needs to be a very light oil!

In a bowl, combine lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.

In a separate glass bowl, whisk together egg yolk and dry ingredients.

Add half of the lemon juice mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix well before adding any oil. Begin adding oil, a little at a time, until it is incorporated into the emulsion. The color should lighten once 1/4 of the oil is emulsified. Then add the oil in a slow constant stream, whisking continuously. After 3/4 of the oil is incorporated, add the rest of the lemon juice mixture.

Continue to whisk until all of the oil is incorporated. Leave at room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 week.

BIG NOTE: If it breaks, put 1t of water into a clean bowl and drizzle in the broken mayo while whisking. When all is incorporated, keep going with the oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpseids

The mayo I make is ridiculously easy. Most recipes make you use a double boiler, whip yolks over low heat, temper, blah blah...well, out of sheer laziness I tried this and it worked great.

Here's what you need:

1 egg plus 1 yolk
seasonings
1 cup oil

Use a blender or the blender attachment of a magic bullet (what I used...need the blender tho so you can add oil while it's running). Put one whole egg plus one yolk in the blender with whatever seasonings you want...I used a little salt (don't need much), some garlic powder and a small amount of lemon juice (maybe 1/2 tsp.- optional). You can add a little sweetener like stevia if you like it sweeter but I didn't. Blend just that up for 30 secs to a minute. Meanwhile, measure out 1 cup good oil, like light olive oil (virgin or EVOO has too strong a flavor IMO), you could also use walnut if you like the nutty flavor, macadamia nut, etc...just not any other vegetable oil like soybean, corn...STAY AWAY FOREVER!

Once the egg mixture has blended for a bit and you have your 1 cup oil measured (easiest if you use a big 2 cup measuring cup with spout so it's not running over and making a mess!), take a small spoon and just drizzle about a spoonful of the cup of oil into the blender WHILE IT'S RUNNING then wait a few seconds, then repeat, adding just one small spoonful of oil at a time, drop by drop. Don't worry! You only have to do that annoyingly slow way for 3 spoonfuls, then you should have a good emulsion and you can just pour in the rest of the oil pretty moderately. (Between a dump and a drizzle ) That's it! Perfect mayo Sooo yummy....drool.

Emily

Last edited by RealFoodLiving; 10-27-2008 at 06:39 AM..
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I found a good flan recipe, but it uses condensed milk and caramel.
I'll try substituting caramel with honey but I don't know what to do with condensed milk.
Your Health Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: RealFoodLiving
Stats: 218 /158/118
WOE: LC / Working towards renewed health
Start Date: July 11 2007 / LC RE-start: Nov 2010, JUDD 1/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Health Report View Post
I found a good flan recipe, but it uses condensed milk and caramel.
I'll try substituting caramel with honey but I don't know what to do with condensed milk.
Hi!
These recipes are ones that can be used on the Egg / Protein Fast. We don't use honey. You might try stevia and coconut milk.
RealFoodLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

coconut custard

1 can coconut MILK
4 whole eggs
dash salt
3-4 tbl. vanilla Davinci syrup (depends how sweet you like it)
2 tbl. unsweetened flaked coconut

Whip altogether with wisk and place into butter sprayed casserole.
In larger casserole which fits around custard dish...fill with hot water to 1" depth.
Bake 350 til just set (about 25 min) Let cool then refrigerate.
arly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Mock Danish
2oz cream cheese
2 eggs
2pks splenda
2 dashes of cinnamon
2 dashes of vanilla
Microwave for 2 minutes

Coffee custard
1 oz warmed cream cheese
1/4 cup warm water
2 eggs
1/8 cup kahlua SF syrup
1/8 cup vanilla SF syrup
1 TBL instant coffee crystals
1/4 cup cream
Beat well and bake covered in a ramekin at 350 in a water bath for 30 minutes
Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

chocolate coconut cream custard
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup water
.25 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 egg (beaten)
1 TBL coconut cream concentrate
5 drops sweetfreeze
Melt the chocolate w/ the cream and water and add other ingredients slowly. Bake in a water bath until just set and then cool.

Avgolemono Soup (egg and lemon soup)
1 can chicken broth (10 calories, no carbs)
2 eggs well beaten
1 T lemon juice

Heat the chicken broth to boiling point. In a separate bowl, beat the heck out of the eggs then add the lemon juice and beat some more. Then temper the eggs by pouring some of the hot broth in while whisking. Now pour the tempered eggs slowing into the broth whisking all the while and heat through. Add some pepper and voila!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Oopsie Rolls (Gluten-Free Buns)
3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Makes 6@ about 85 calories a piece, >1 carb per
Induction Friendly, Gluten-Free

Cream Cheese Pancakes
3 oz cream cheese
2 eggs (2.4gm)
2 T whey protein (unflavored or vanilla, sugar free)
1 pkt sweetener of your choice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp SF vanilla (1Tbsp Davinci SF vanilla syrup also works)

Microwave cream cheese until soft Add eggs
and mix until smooth. I recommend an immersion blender, worked
better for me than regular hand mixer. Add whey protein,
sweetener, vanilla and baking powder. Cook on low-medium heat on
greased pan.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Egg Drop Soup
I use 4 cups of organic chicken broth
2 free-range eggs
1 TB organic apple cider vinegar

I also add 1 teaspoon organic toasted sesame oil, powdered ginger, salt, pepper and chives to make it taste like egg drop soup

Egg Drop Soup
1 medium egg
1 cup clear soup (broth, bouillon or consomme) *I suggest lowest sodium
Celery salt
Beat the egg lightly with a fork and drop into broth when at the simmering point (don't boil) in saucepan,
stirring constantly. When egg has thickened slightly, serve. Season to taste with celery salt. (90 calories)
Makes 1 serving
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Raw Nut Milk (Almond or Hazelnut) –
Makes 6 cups
* 1 cup raw almonds or hazelnuts
* 2 cups filtered water, for soaking (if using Soy Milk Maker)
* 6 cups filtered water
* 1/4 cup agave syrup or honey, or a few dates (optional, for sweetening)
* Fine mesh filter (if using Soy Milk Maker or regular blender)
* Vita-Mix, soy milk maker appliance, or regular blender

Method 1 — Using Vita-Mix

1. Soak the almonds or hazelnuts in 6 cups of filtered water overnight. They do not need to be skinned. Keep chilled during soaking. If pressed for time, you may omit the soaking step and proceed to grinding the nuts with the 6 cups of water immediately (next step).

2. Put all the soaking water, the nuts, and desired sweetener in the Vita-Mix wet container. Put on the two-piece lid and make sure it is tightly closed. Turn on the Vita-Mix to low, increase variable speed to 10, and then switch to HIGH. Blend on HIGH for 2-1/2 minutes, until milk is smooth. The milk will be quite foamy on top.

3. Let the milk sit for about 5 minutes for the foam to settle down. Pour contents of wet container into a storage container, such as a 1/2 gallon mason jar. To omit the 5 minute resting, pour the milk back and forth between the wet container and the storage container repeatedly to let the air out of the foam. If a grind-free milk is desired, pour contents of wet container through the fine mesh filter into the storage container.

4. Store milk in refrigerator. For a thick and smooth milk, shake well before serving to reincorporate the fine grinds that settle at the bottom of the storage container. For a thinner milk without any fine grinds, do not shake the milk before serving.

Method 2– Using Soy Milk Maker

1. Soak the almonds or hazelnuts in 2 cups of filtered water for at least 4 hours or overnight. They do not need to be skinned.

2. Place drained nuts in the filter cup of the soy milk maker and attach it to the motor base. Fill the pitcher with the filtered water. Put the motor base on the pitcher and plug it in. Do not use the automatic cycle of the soy milk maker. Follow the manual to set the machine to a grind only cycle, not a heat cycle. For the SoyaJoy soy milk maker, press “Motor” five times and then press “Start” once.

Note: Press “Motor” firmly until you hear a beep, then press again firmly until you hear a beep, and so on. Do not press “Motor” more than five times, or your machine may overheat during the grind cycle.

3. Pour contents of pitcher through the fine mesh filter into a storage container, such as a 1/2 gallon mason jar.

4. If sweetening, pour 2 cups of the milk into a blender container and add desired sweetener. Blend well and add back to storage container. Mix well. Store milk in refrigerator.

Raw Nut Milk Method 3 — Using Blender

1. Soak the almonds or hazelnuts in 6 cups of filtered water for at least 4 hours or overnight. They do not need to be skinned.

2. Place nuts and soaking water into blender container. Blend on high speed until smooth.

3. Pour contents of blender container through the fine mesh filter into a storage container, such as a 1/2 gallon mason jar.

4. If sweetening, pour 2 cups of the milk into the blender container and add desired sweetener. Blend well and add back to storage container. Mix well. Store milk in refrigerator.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Deviled Eggs

How to boil eggs the easy way....
Place eggs in a pan. Cover with cold water at least an inch above the eggs. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove the pan from heat and cover. Let stand for at least 20 minutes….longer doesn’t hurt. Drain. Either cool the eggs thoroughly in cold water…or refrigerate overnight. Peel eggs. Cut in half lengthwise. Separate yolks from whites and stuff with your favorite stuffings.

CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS: 12 eggs, 1 teaspoon paprika, 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon dry mustard.

DECADENT DEVILED EGGS: 12 eggs, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce, 1/4 teaspoon celery salt, 1/2 cup butter, softened.

BACON DEVILED EGGS: 12 eggs, 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 4 slices bacon (fried crisp and crumbled or finely chopped), 1 tablespoon prepared mustard. 1 Tbsp. bacon grease.

SPICY-ITALIAN DEVILED EGGS: 12 eggs, 2 tablespoons spicy-brown mustard, 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste, 1 teaspoon salt or to taste. Sprinkle finished eggs with paprika.

ZESTY DEVILED EGGS: 12 eggs, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion, 6 tablespoons dill-pickle relish, 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon prepared mustard, salt and pepper to taste, and paprika for garnish.

SOUTHWEST OVERSTUFFED EGGS....10 servings
12 Hard Cooked Eggs
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (optional)
2 Tbsp spicy Salsa
2 Tbsp chopped green onion (optional)
1 tsp. cumin (or to taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mash the yolks (and the whites of 2 eggs) thoroughly. (I run the 2 extra whites over a cheese grater, then use a pastry cutter to mash and mix.) Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Stuff yolk mixture into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Purple Pickled Eggs
In a big jar...
8 Hard Boiled Eggs (or however many you want)
1 Can Beets with juice
Top off with vinegar and a little water (I like plain white vinegar for this. I tried ACV once but I thought the flavor clashed).
Sugar or sweetner? ( Most recipes have a little sugar or sweetner, but I like them sour so I do not sweeten them at all.)

You can add onions and pickle spices like celery seed, mustard seed etc. if you want. Leave them for at least a few days, then enjoy with sea salt and pepper!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

EGG CREAMS:
Egg Cream Frappuccino
Hummingbird11's Recipe

3 organic free-range/cage-free eggs (fresh!)
8 oz decaf coffee (brewed strong & chilled overnight or make & use coffee ice cubes!)
1 scoop Jay Robb's 100% whey isolate protein powder (chocolate or vanilla or strawberry)
1 Tbsp Torani or DaVinci SF syrup (french vanilla or chocolate or any flavor you like!)
2 Tbsp organic heavy cream
2 Tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil (melted)

blend/froth eggs first; add cream and blend/froth again
(makes it fluffy!)
add the rest of the ingredients in the order above; add melted CO last

My Egg Cream Frappaccino (the title makes it taste better, I think!)
This is Lemonmama's Recipe
2 eggs
4 oz. strong coffee (I like good coffee, ground my beans first and then use a coffee press to brew)
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons sugar free syrup (my favorites are caramel and vanilla bean)
a little less than 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, or unsweetened coconut milk, or almond milk (the heavy whipp makes it thicker, but it tastes good with the almond milk too--I personally haven't had trouble losing with the extra cream)
1 handful of ice cubes (4 or 5 cubes)

Chocolate Eggcream
2eggs
almost 1/4 c. Cream
4oz Almond Breeze Chocolate SF (FOUND IT, FOUND IT)
2 T. Hershey's Chocolate Syrup SF has succrolose ( spelling)

Orange Cream Egg Cream
2 eggs
2 T Cream
1/2 c. Diet Orange Soda
2 T of Da Vinci's Orange ( and this stuff smelled strong)
1T of CO
I put the eggs in and mix and mix after adding each ingredient. I think freezing the main ingredient...coffee, diet drink whatever makes them MUCH,MUCH Nicer! Gives them a slushie/slurpie consistency!

Milkshake Egg Cream
2 organic, free-range eggs
2-3 ounces homemade nut milk (almond or cashew) (sometimes I leave out)
1 tsp organic vanilla
stevia to taste
1 TB natural unsweetened cocoa
2 TB organic virgin coconut oil
2 TB Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar
1 scoop natural, unsweetened whey powder
6 ice cubes
water

Passion Fruit Egg Cream
2 eggs
6 oz double strong Passion-Fruit Ice Tea
1 tbsp heavy cream
Stevia
Vanilla
Pumpkin Pie Spice
3 ice cubes

frosty ice cappuccino
2 eggs
2 oz heavy cream
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 pkts splenda
6 coffee ice cubes
blend and enjoy.. and hide it from EVERYONE or you will have to share.
Coffee Egg Cream
1/2 cup light coconut milk
8 ice cubes
2 eggs
5 drops concentrated liquid splenda
1/4 cup very strong fresh coffee
Earl Grey Egg Cream
3 eggs
1/4 c COCONUT CREAM
2 TBS HC
4 Splenda
big dash of apple pie spice
ice
2 cups Earl Grey tea with 1 Splenda each
VitaSplash Green Tea Packet (5 g carb, 20 cal) I will watch my consumption of these.
OMG Egg Cream (or as Bunny now calls it….egg cream for idiots)
1 cup heavy cream (I used organic as the brand I use is amazing)
3 organic eggs (I used organic because of the thought of raw eggs, lol)
3 packets splenda
1 tsp. real vanilla EXTRACT
1 tsp. cinnamon
crushed ice

Egg Cream
1 cup homemade almond milk
3-4 cups herbal dessert tea
unsweetened3 raw organic, free-range eggs
3 TB organic virgin coconut oil, melted
3 TB organic apple cider vinegar
stevia to taste
Optional: 1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract

Egg cream variations:
2 eggs
2 T heavy cream OR coconut milk
2 splendas
splash of vanilla davincis
fill with coffee and cubes and blend
1/4 c coconut cream, 1/8 c heavy cream, 1/2 cup water, 3 eggs, 4 pkts Splenda, and a good shake of apple pie spice, added enough ice cubes for a great icy shake.
6 oz unflavored almond milk (approx 1 carb) three eggs (1.8) and cookie dough flavored davinci syrup.

Basic Herb Tea Egg Cream
3 raw local free-range eggs
3 TB organic apple cider vinegar
3 TB organic virgin coconut oil
1 cup homemade almond milk
3 cups herbal tea
stevia
Old 10-27-2008, 01:29 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Scotch Eggs
peel some hard boiled eggs
mix up some sausage with an egg white and parm
pack it around each egg ( I think a lb of sausage can cover 4-6 eggs depending on size
deep fry until crispy, or you can bake at 350 degrees for approx 25 - 30 min
Variation: Add chopped Jalapeno’s & shredded cheese to sausage mix & serve with Sausage
Scotch egg tips: I made scotch eggs last night and decided instead of making dinosaur eggs like last time I only used 2 ounces of meat per egg. I flattened the sausage between wax paper and peeled it up and wrapped the thin layer of sausage around the egg. My eggs were not Jumbo so it worked well. If you use 1/4 lb (4 oz) per egg, it'll be much larger and more substantial, but I wanted more egg than sausage.
I tried frying them this time and it came out crispier crust than baking. Frying only took 5 minutes each whereas baking took 25min, but if you do them all at once it doesn't matter I guess. BF was surprised that he liked them but he complained about the Hard Boiled yolk.
Some tips if you've never made them before; Rolling the egg in some kind of flour or bake mix may keep the meat from sliding around too much when you are trying to wrap it. After rolling it in your crumb mix, let it rest in the fridge before frying otherwise much of the crust washes away, plus it won't darken as fast as the crumb is cooler and you can make sure the sausage is cooked without ending up with a black egg. They do taste best fresh. I didn't intend to freeze them, I forgot, but it might be nice to have them made and ready to cook, if you don't mind frying them. If you oven bake them it won't matter as much it takes so long, you may as well cook them ahead and just warm them.

Egg-in-a-Pot

1 whole egg
heavy cream
0.5 oz ham, sliced in small strips
0.5 oz grated cheddar any (fresh) herbs to taste salt pepper1tsp olive oil

Directions:
Grease an ovenproof ramekin with the olive oil. Carefully break the egg into the ramekin, taking care not to break the yoke. add the ham and cheese and any herbs if you want. Top up with the heavy cream to about a third of an inch below the rim of the ramekin. Bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Very good with celery sticks to dip in the egg.
Variations: Try putting a Large Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, or a slice of seasoned cooked chicken in the bottom before adding egg and cream, and topping with a smoked white cheese like gouda or meunster

Mini Quiche recipe:
2 lg eggs
1 T H&H
.5 oz cheese
bacon crumbles
1 T onion sauteed in bacon grease
pepper

Grease 2 C dish. Put cheese, then bacon and onion. Whisk up eggs, H&H and seasonings. Pour in dish. Bake 350 for 35 min. 252 cals and 2.7 carbs
Old 10-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

PUMPKIN PANCAKES
3.2 carbs.
2 eggs
.25 cup pumpkin
1 T heavy cream
tiny squirt of liquid splenda
Pumpkin seasoning

Mix it all up in a bowl and fry in a little bit of coconut oil. It's easier to flip if you make two smaller ones. Top it off with a few squirts of butter spray and a little bit of sugar free davinci pancake flavor syrup.

Chocolate Egg
Spray a small microwavable bowl with non-stick spray. In a separate bowl, put an egg, 1 tablespoon of SF vanilla syrup, 1 tablespoon of SF chocolate syrup, and a small dash of cinnamon. Whip well with a fork. Sprinkle egg with 1 teaspoon of Hershey's cocoa powder (the non-sweetened kind used for baking, not hot cocoa mix) Slowly stir that into the egg, and continue mixing until cocoa is all dissolved (will take a couple of minutes)

Pour the chocolate egg into the microwave dish & zap it on high for 1 minute, if it still looks very "wet", zap for 10-15 seconds longer. Note:it will puff up huge while cooking, but falls considerably as it cools. Now, this is an odd looking concoction, but like DH said, taste & consistency like a fudgy bread pudding.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

STOVETOP CUSTARD

5 eggs
SF Vanilla
1 tablespoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
How to Prepare:

Mix together eggs, heavy
cream, Vanillas and nutmeg. Melt
butter in small pan of
stovetop.
Pour egg mixture into hot
butter- stir till done. Sprinkle
with a little more nutmeg.
I like mine with a few
teaspoons of milk- like a
hot cereal. Yields 1 serving.
egg cream pudding that tastes like cheesecake batter: 1 egg, 1-2ish oz cream cheese, a tbsp or so of HC, some extract/splenda/davinci's/whatever, and I freeze it so the top gets slushy and then mix it all in.

Chocolate Bark
4 T. (1/4 cup) Virgin Coconut Oil
1-1.5 T. Cocoa Powder
1/4 t. lowcarb sweetner, such as stevia or xylitol
2 oz nuts (optional)
Melt the coconut oil to a liquid, add in cocoa powder and sweetener. Stir to combine and blend well.
Blend nuts into chocolate mixture (Optional)
Have chlled a metal bakeware lasagna or cake pan or pans in freezer for 10 minutes or so. Remove from freezer and line with waxed paper. Then pour mixture into chilled pan and spread to desired thickness.
Pop in refrigerator or freezer on level shelf and let sit 10 minutes or so. It will harden quickly and breaks with a snap
Old 10-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Vickilynn's Garlic Chicken Egg Drop Soup
Yield: 4 cups

4 cups HOMEMADE organic chicken broth
4 cloves garlic minced
2 TB organic apple cider vinegar
1 TB organic horseradish mustard
2 tsp organic toasted sesame oil

Bring soup to a boil.
In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 large organic eggs.
When soup begins to boil, remove soup from heat and pour eggs into soup in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Whisk about 30 seconds. Serve warm while reclining clothed in your PJs wearing fluffy slippers and some tissues by your side.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Vikki's French Eggs

Ingredients:

2 lg. eggs

2 tbsp. heavy cream

dash or two of cinnamon

drop or two of sweetzfree

1 oz cream cheese, softened and cubed into small pieces

Dash of salt

Butter to cook in

S/F pancake syrup

Method:

Whisk together eggs and cream until very frothy and foamy.

Add cinnamon, salt and sweetener and whisk again until everything is blended and frothy.

Melt a generous pat of butter in a small skillet.

When the butter begins to bubble add the eggs. Let heat until just set on the bottom, draw a spatula across the bottom to allow the wet egg to leak to the bottom and add the cream cheese.

Let set another minute and scramble gently. Cook until just set and at your desired stage of doneness. I like mine just done where there is no "wetness" but they are not dry either.

Spoon on our plate, drizzle a little syrup over them add a slice or two of bacon and rejoice in the fact you were smart enough take up a low carb life style.... wonder what all your low-fat friends are eating right now?
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #20
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
Deviled Tuna Eggs

Tuna Pate:
1 can oil packed tuna, drained
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1 T minced onion
2 T lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste

Blend until a smooth spread.

Boil the number of eggs you want - the amounts listed here are for three eggs

Half the eggs
Remove yolks into bowl
Add 2 T mayo
Add 3 T tuna pate
Add fresh dill and additional salt and pepper
Mix the yolks and goodies into a paste

Stuff eggs.

Sprinkle with smoked paprika for color
WenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
SWEET EGG OMELET
(french toast flavor, no cheese version)

3 eggs
2 packets Fr. Vanilla splenda
1 tablespoon plain or vanilla whey protein powder
butter

whisk above ingredients together. Fry in butter like an omelet (don't use bacon grease or olive oil...want this to taste sweet, not savory!)

Serve warm with your choice of SF, zero carb syrup.

Last edited by catne; 10-27-2008 at 01:52 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #22
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Egg Crepes

2 eggs, 2 tbsp heavy cream, 1 tbsp butter or oil

whisk all together, heat pan, lightly butter, pour in small amounts so crepes are thin, whirl them around sop they cover the bottom of an 8" pan
cook till brown on one side about 2 minutes or so, then flip and do the same.

Or you can add cream cheese and SF preserves to make blintzes.

And from Misty1028:

I like to make very thin egg crepes and then when cooled I slice them in strips and add them to chicken broth with vegis and it taste like chicken noodle soup.

"Eating fat and protein?Go figure!." -
Lora

Last edited by LJB; 10-27-2008 at 01:50 PM..
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catne
Stats: XXX/X/???
WOE: Low Carb, Cycling Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: restart 3/06/2012
CHOCOLATE EGG - ORIGINAL Andreachurch recipe

I don't measure or anything when I made it, I just cracked one egg, about a tbsp of hershey's unsweetened cocoa, and a sqeeze of stevia into the bullet, whipped it about 30 seconds, poured that into a coffee mug, and then nuked it for 1 minute.

CHOCOLATE EGG-Cathy's version

Egg
1 tbsp SF zero-carb vanilla syrup
1 tbsp SF zero-carb chocolate syrup
(may substitute 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract & equivalent amount of alternate sweetener like stevia)
dash of cinnamon

Whip these together, then Sprinkle with:

1 tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa (unsweetened powder)

Mix well

Spray small micro bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Pour cocoa-egg mixture in. Microwave on high for about 1 minute (10-15 seconds longer if it looks really wet.) cool and eat.

RE-START date 3/06/2012

-65 lbs. Club for 2012 Re-start! Now at lowest weight in 8 years. Down 75 lbs. from all-time highest weight.

2013 losses= -5

Last edited by catne; 10-27-2008 at 01:52 PM..
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #24
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
this is a great thread.. im just subscribing!
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

SHRIMP n' EGG SALAD

2 servings....

Thaw 12 (26-30 size) frozen raw or cooked shrimp . If need be ,steam til pink, drain & cool in ice water then peel.
Chop 3 HB eggs
cut shrimp into thirds
Combine and add 3 tbl. mayo, sm.pinch salt and 2 tbl. finely chopped celery (optional).
***Sometimes I add a TSP SF pickle relish, -- your choice.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: maizenbluebabe
Stats: 182.0/168.4/150
WOE: LowCarb, JUDDD
Start Date: June 08
HEY, WE GOTTA HAVE WENb'S Floopsies Recipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
Yep, my floopsies are mayo based

3 large eggs
1/3 cup mayo
Dash salt (didn't make the mayo salty enough)
Other spices/herbs

Blend in magic bullet for 1 minute.

Pour into greased muffin top tins and bake for 20 minutes at 350.

YUMMO

One blender got fresh garlic and the other side didn't.
it took me a few minutes of searching to find them, but we cant have a recipe file without these! Thanks, WenB
maizenbluebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #27
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arly View Post
2 servings....

Thaw 12 (26-30 size) frozen raw or cooked shrimp . If need be ,steam til pink, drain & cool in ice water then peel.
Chop 3 HB eggs
cut shrimp into thirds
Combine and add 3 tbl. mayo, sm.pinch salt and 2 tbl. finely chopped celery (optional).
***Sometimes I add a TSP SF pickle relish, -- your choice.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #28
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

i just made some floopsies im cooking them now, i added oldbay seasoning.. they should be so yummy with tuna! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 PM   #29
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: WenB
Stats: 311 (h)/247.8 (i)/241 (c)/20-24% Body Fat (g)
WOE: Lap Band - Atkins Modified for Candida - BMR
Start Date: Induction on 7/22/08; Surgery 12/06
FYI - don't make mayo with coconut oil - it doesn't go very well with other things.
WenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #30
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WenB View Post
FYI - don't make mayo with coconut oil - it doesn't go very well with other things.
lol i made this mistake once.. i used 50% olive oil and 50% coconut oil.. it was disguesting!