Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Fat Burning Made Easy by Jay Robb (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/561904-fat-burning-made-easy-jay-robb.html)

Shalene 06-20-2008 09:16 AM

Fat Burning Made Easy by Jay Robb

This is a carb cycling program where you eat a lowCAL breakfast, a lowCARB lunch, and a healthy carb dinner.

The premise behind this is to re-energize the lowcarb dieter, or one who has hit a plateau, by replenishing the glycogen stores in the pancreas (via good carbs) by carb loading at night. If you try to burn fat all the time (lowcarb), your energy levels frop dramatically. This plan allows you to burn fat during the day and reload your glycogen stores for energy at night.

Here are the guidelines:

B- LOWCAL - Protein Shake OR Power Breakfast - (1-3 T protein powder mixed with oatmeal or nonfat plain yogurt) OR Power Omelet - ( eggwhite omelet w/cheddar cheese, topped with salsa or tomato if desired)
OR Fruit ONLY on Wed and Sun

L - Lowcarb -
lean protein, non starch veggie, and fat OR
Fruit ONLY on We and Sun

D - High Carb - carbs at dinner only - plus lean protein, non starch veggie, and fat, light on the protein AND 1 serving of fruit if you wish

Brown rice or pasta
corn or corn tortillas
potatoes
Sweet potatoes
Whole grain bread, pancakes

PLUS - every Sat night for 1 hour, eat whatever you want!
Pizza, desert, you name it!

Make sure you eat fruit for Breakfast and/or Lunch only on Wed or Sun.

No eating 3 hours before bedtime.

SO lowCAL Breakfast, LowCARB lunch, Good carb dinner!

The ratios are:
Lunch - rich in protein, veggies and healthy fats. 35% protein/55%fat/10%carb

Dinner - Rich in complex carbs, 70%carbs/15%protein/15%fat

This is called the Fat Burning Diet Made Easy - it is the newest version, you can download it from the Jay Robb website for $5.

This is the new meal rotating version vs the one where you rotate carb days.

Shalene 06-20-2008 09:22 AM

Yesterday was my first day, and my weight is the same. I am amazed I didn't gain having carbs for dinner! That is a first.

I woke up late today so didn't have time for a shake or omelet, so I ate a protein bar instead.

Today's menu:
B- protein bar
L- 2 cheeseburgers, no bun, with mayo and mustard
D- spinach alfredo pizza on whole grain crust from Papa Johns Pizza

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

bigflopman 06-20-2008 10:08 AM

this sounds interesting, I will check back in on your progress to see how you are doing. If it does work, I wouldn't be shocked to see a gain in the first few days as your body gets adjusted to the change.

Shalene 06-20-2008 10:39 AM

You are right, I fully expected a gain, but felt good this morning, no bloating, lots of energy. I'll keep you posted!

Moretta 06-20-2008 11:28 AM

Shalene: Sounds like you are doing great. Woot! :clap:

Moretta 06-20-2008 11:30 AM

What are the portion sizes for the protein and veggies?

LowCarbRachel 06-20-2008 01:43 PM

I'm in!

I started yesterday with:
breakfast: protein shake
lunch: veggie salad with cheese, sunflower seeds, dressing
dinner: brown rice stirfried with veggies and a little sour cream

So far today:
breakfast: protein shake+fruit

I am doing an hour of Callanetics almost daily plus throwing in thirty-forty minute walks when I have the opportunity. I'm wanting to get to my goal weight this summer.

Dreamtrue 06-20-2008 05:29 PM

Sounds interesting.

LowCarbRachel 06-20-2008 06:46 PM

lunch: more fruit (forgot to bring my lunch and didn't feel like leaving work)
dinner: whole grain pancakes with real butter and real maple syrup, fresh pineapple with yogurt

I am trying to save up some money this summer, so I am being careful with my grocery money. For my dinners this week, I bought whole grain pancake mix, brown rice, and some whole grain pasta. All of that was pretty cheap. I'll do stir-fry veggies with the rice and I'll make a sauce with veggies for the pasta. For my lunches, I'll make a big quiche from eggs, veggies, cheeses, etc. Breakfast will be a protein shake.

Have a good night all!

Shalene 06-20-2008 08:32 PM

Rachel, your menu made me hungry! Whole grain pancakes sound delicious! I will make a spinach quiche on Sunday and eat it for lunch during the week.

Wheat noodles can make some awesome mac and cheese or macaroni salad, spaghetti, beefaroni/goulash, tuna noodle casserole, etc.

Moretta, I'll post more tomorrow on the portion sizes. I have a pulled tendon in my right wrist so typing is a challenge. I am slowww.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

mac24312 06-20-2008 08:33 PM

Sound interesting..subbing..

hadenuff 06-20-2008 09:35 PM

I am in! Are you going to do some sort of a weekly weigh in thing so we can see our progress? Or just post whenever.

LowCarbRachel 06-20-2008 09:48 PM

In his book, he says to only weigh once a week. I'll probably weigh daily and just post when the scale goes down!

Hoops 06-21-2008 01:58 AM

:hiya:

I wonder if this quick version is the same as his book???? I got it last night, but I just haven't read any of it today.

Shalene~ I doubt you'd see a gain after just doing the fruit flush. Hmmm??? Keep us posted.

LowCarbRachel 06-21-2008 08:30 AM

Good morning! Thought my scale might jump up (thought my glycogen stores might get refilled) but I'm still humming along at my signature weight. Now let's see if eating this way will help my weight go down a little bit. I would love it if it did because this is the best way of eatig that I've found so far!!

Happy fat-burning Saturday all!
Rachel

LowCarbRachel 06-21-2008 07:49 PM

Food today:

breakfast: super protein shake
lunch: crustless quiche
dinner: whole grain angel hair pasta with broccoli and mushrooms, with a little butter and parmesan cheese, strawberry shortcake (made from whole grain flour) with a little real whipped cream and strawberries

SuePro 06-21-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoops (Post 10481775)
I wonder if this quick version is the same as his book???? I got it last night, but I just haven't read any of it today.

I beleive it is Hoops. I have the ebook and in a couple of places he states for more detailed information to see his 256 page book, The Fat Burning Diet.

hadenuff 06-22-2008 07:13 AM

Is anyone else having a hard time mentally eating the carb meal? It is funny how programmed your brain becomes. :stars:

SuePro 06-22-2008 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuePro (Post 10484127)
I beleive it is Hoops. I have the ebook and in a couple of places he states for more detailed information to see his 256 page book, The Fat Burning Diet.

I take that back. I read the ebook (more thoroughly) this morning. Jay Robb states that in his orignal book, The Fat Burning Diet he suggested a diet with lower and higher carbs days. This ia a quote "But there is another even easier way to burn fat consistently: hence, The Fat Burning Diet MADE EASY!"

So accrding to what I've read, the difference is that "The Fat Burning Diet" cycles high and low carb days and the "The Fat Burning Diet Made Easy" cycles high and low carb meals thru the day as Shalene outlined above.

SuePro 06-22-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadenuff (Post 10484895)
Is anyone else having a hard time mentally eating the carb meal? It is funny how programmed your brain becomes. :stars:

I haven't started yet but I can understand it. I'm starting on Monday so I need to do some shopping today. Last night I was looking up the carb counts on the Complex Carbs in List 4. Sweet potatoes are lower in carbs than regular potatoes. Yams are lower in carbs than sweet potatoes but they
're out of season........ I'll take some time to get used to eating carbs at dinner again.

LJB 06-22-2008 08:36 AM

I am reading the book now. Looks easy enough!

LowCarbRachel 06-22-2008 12:07 PM

I am happily eating the high carb meals at dinner. The food tastes so good to me, and it's great to now that I have such yummy but healthy stuff to look forward to for all my meals.

I haven't lost or gained any weight yet, so we'll see what happens in two weeks! I would love it if eating this way helped me burn some fat!

Moretta 06-22-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

So accrding to what I've read, the difference is that "The Fat Burning Diet" cycles high and low carb days and the "The Fat Burning Diet Made Easy" cycles high and low carb meals thru the day as Shalene outlined above.
Exactly. I don't have his newest one out yet, but I have The Fat Burning Diet book. Its easy to understand, but hard to wrap my head around the carbs again, like pastas, potatoes.

Wish you all luck and keep us posted on how everyone is making out.

I have currently moved to the 14 day fruit diet and loving it. So refreshing with all kinds of fruits and easy to prepare, no brainer.

Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Moretta 06-22-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Moretta, I'll post more tomorrow on the portion sizes. I have a pulled tendon in my right wrist so typing is a challenge. I am slowww.
Shalene: No worries. Hope your wrist feels better soon. :hugs:

LowCarbRachel 06-22-2008 07:19 PM

Menu:

lunch: had protein shake about noon (woke up late), skipped lunch
dinner: whole grain pasta w/broccoli, mushrooms, and parmesan

I like this way of eating VERY much! :)
I am not doing the fruit for breakfast/lunch on Wednesdays and Sundays. And I am not doing the free meal on Saturday nights, either.

LJB 06-23-2008 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel (Post 10487179)
Menu:

lunch: had protein shake about noon (woke up late), skipped lunch
dinner: whole grain pasta w/broccoli, mushrooms, and parmesan

I like this way of eating VERY much! :)
I am not doing the fruit for breakfast/lunch on Wednesdays and Sundays. And I am not doing the free meal on Saturday nights, either.

Is it because of the sugar in the fruit?

LowCarbRachel 06-23-2008 07:15 AM

No, I am not doing the Jay Robb plan, per se. My nutritionist has me on a plan very much like his, which is why I am posting here. I just don't do the all fruit mornings on Sunday and Wednesday AM or the free meal on Saturday nights.

Today's meal plan:
breakfast: super protein shake
lunch: quiche
dinner: stirfried brown rice with veggies

SuePro 06-23-2008 07:40 AM

:hiya:
Good morning everyone!

Today is day 1 for me.

I'm always so exicited when I start a new plan. Hopefully the scale will cooperate. Today is a vacation day for me :D but I'm determined to start today. I'm taking DS to see Kung Fu Panda today so we'll eat lunch just before we go.

Today's meal plan:
Breakfast: Yougurt with 2 tbs of vanilla whey protein
Lunch: Salad with tuna, avacado and full fat dressing
Dinner: Salad, grilled chicken, baked sweet potato and maybe a piece of fruit.

Have a nice day everyone!

hadenuff 06-23-2008 07:40 AM

Good morning, I decided to go back on induction for awhile. When I get to goal weight I will do this. I think it is a great WOE for life! Great success everyone!!!!

LJB 06-23-2008 07:53 AM

I want to see how everyone does after a week before I do some serious shopping.