Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Hi Everyone!

I'm doing a 3 day cycle now after doing several days of Jay's fat Burning
Made Easy, now on low carb M/E, just shaking things up with no real plans just need variety of healthy foods. I severely restricted myself & am not willing to do that any more.
Thanks for the info about Crack Slaw I can hardly wait to try this!
I was just reading about different types of cycling in Jay's Fat Burning Diet book like 2 low = 2 low carb & 1 high meal/ day or daily cycling or the made easy plan! lots of flexibility!!! I really like that!!
Hope you all have a great day!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ollamo
WOE: :::moderation:::
Start Date: may 13, 2008
If i followed the first post of this thread, would it be accurate enough to help me lose or is it just an idea? I really want to try this, but im scared
ollamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsMichelle
2 lbs

I started the plan on July 4th. Today is the 9th and my scale says 158!! I lost 2 lbs in 5 days! Hey I am happy with that. I weighed myself after Dinner(i live in the South, I call it Supper LOL)

My Menu for the day

B-Strawberry Smoothie
L-I was very busy so i only ate an apple
D-2 South Beach Living Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps(I LOVE THESE!!!!!)
I eat them cold right out of the fridge. Anyone else ever heard of them??
Here is the Nutrition Facts
Calories-230
Protein-24 g
Fat-11g
Carb-22g
Fiber-14g- which means I only ate 8 net carbs
ItsMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great day. My scale hasn't moved so I am still at -2lbs. No complaints here. Here is what I ate today:

B-Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie
L-Ribeye steak, small spinach leaves salad with shredded cheese, sunflower seeds and Ranch dressing
D-Small Chicken breast cut in thin strips, Mushrooms, sauteed in a soy sauce and butter (I use Smart Balance) with 2 pieces of whole wheat bread toasted.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 PM   #125
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollamo View Post
If i followed the first post of this thread, would it be accurate enough to help me lose or is it just an idea? I really want to try this, but im scared
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. So far this has helped me and others in this thread lose weight. It is a healthy way to eat from what I can see. All I can say is try it and see what happens!!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigflopman
Stats: 354/192/177
WOE: Reduced Carbohydrate Intake
Start Date: 1/07(354)
quick question for the group, is the fruit for breakfast and lunch on W/S an option or is that the plan for these two days? If so, what do you guys do to make it thru till dinner on just a couple servings of fruit?

Thanks,
TJ
bigflopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi TJ,

I think most of us are on different versions of Jay Robb. I am on the plan that is " The Fat Burning Diet ". It's Low Carb one day ,and the next is High Carb. In other words you can add, 1 cup rice a sm baked potato ,or sm sweet potato, or LC bread. I can't find LC bread so I use nature's own double fiber. so far none of this has stalled me. hope I didn't confuse you. lol

When I eat fruit I eat it with my breakfast , or lunch. I don't just eat fruit , and nothing else. No matter which day I'm on I don't eat fruit after lunch as it caused my sugar to spike. As some will say it stalls me.

here is a sample

B, eggs, bacon, cheese, 1/2 cup of strawberries ,OR 1/2 cup blueberries, OR a peach. I try to stick with berries as they have lower sugar content.

L, big salad, with chicken on top, orange sections on salad, but mostly I stick with berries.

I try to remember I didn't gain weight eating fruit..lol. So fruit is still our friend. lol

You might have to play around with it to see how your body reacts .

Where is Ga. are you I am in SC..near Aiken.

hope this helped,

Rae

wavvvinnnn to all

Have A Great LC Day,

Rae

If it's to be it's up to me.
dixediva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:53 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

dixiediva1, thanks for your follow up... I live in Temple which is west of you, straight out I20 about 20ish miles from the Alabama border (whew that was close ). Just far enough to not have to deal with the houdlums, but close enough to get to ATL or whatever we need fairly quickly.

I was mainly asking about the plan mentioned in the begining of the thread specifically the statement "Make sure you eat fruit for Breakfast and/or Lunch only on Wed or Sun". Due to the wording I didn't quite understand if that was the only days you should eat fruit at breakfast and lunch or if that was ALL you should eat on those days. I know Robb has another book called something like the Fruit Fast and I would imagine his idea is incorporate parts of that plan into this one.

I downloaded his quickstart ebook for the diet and sure enough on Wed and Sun it is fruit only for B+L and then make sure you get your daily salad and meat for dinner. There is a section with a suggested meal plan and it has the following listed for Wednesday (a fruit day):

B: 1-2 bananas or 1-2 cups cubed cantalope
L: 1/2-1 cup pineapple pieces or 1-2 pears
D: 1 mango
Mixed vegetable salad
Dressing of choice
Butternut squash
3-6oz. grilled wild salmon

I think I am going to work on mixing in some "good" or at least "better" carbs into my morning and evening meals and see if I run into any trouble. I am mainly interested in adding a fruit (might start simple with banana) for breakfast (and/or snack) and also wheat buns for dinner which would let me do the hamburger/hotdog or Subway on the run much easier.

I think my main reason for looking at this plan is that it is something I think I can get my wife adjusted to whereas I CANNOT get her to induct on Atkins. Baby steps... if I can get her on any kind of eating plan and then show her some weight loss maybe I can get her to induct later once she is used to less sugar and flour; it should be a little easier. I don't think she has the drive of most people on this board (at least not yet) and won't give up her comfort foods. I explained to her how just changing a few items in her day would get her closer to healthy and quite possibly get her losing weight. Today is her birthday party so all bets are off (especially with the choc chip cookie cake and Bruster's ice cream in the kitchen), but I am going to let it go and start hounding her tomorrow. I on the other hand am not tempted by these items although I enjoyed them very much in the past. My main reasons were brought back to my attention last night as she was cleaning up some old boxes and came across some NASTY looking old photos of me within the last three years where I looked like I was toting a middle school child along with me. Big face, bigger stomach... just made me sick. I don't want to blow all that for some stupid birthday cake (which no one seems to understand) and I hope this modified experiment doesn't hurt my weight loss; I will give it a couple weeks and see if there is any change or still losing.

1/07-354 1/08-304:blush: 6/08-253 9/08-233 10/08-225 12/08-212 03/24/09-192.4
bigflopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreamy1
WOE: LC
Hey everyone! :wave:

So sorry I have been away form here the last while.
Have had visitors for a whole week( elderly) and we all ended up with the headcold! Since they left yesterday I now have a coldsore....lol, I look scarey!!!

Might take me a couple days to get back on track properly but I am still IN and will be hanging around!
It is good to see you all here and new faces too!

Bigflopman...that sounds a good plan giving it the 2 wks to trial it. sometimes it takes more than just afew days to really assesss how effective a plan is.I did well when I stuck to the plan my first few days so will continue on where I left off eventhough I have gained those lbs back! I think if you drink plenty in between the fruit meals it wold help stay any hungry feelings.
I am doing the lowcal breakfast, LC lunch and then healthy carb meal at night.
Has anyone heard from Shalene,Hope she is OK?
Have a good weekend and talk to you again soon
dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:48 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Hello again...

I am curious.........do you guys drink your coffee and tea black?
If you don't,then what do you use and how much?
I am trying to decide whether or not I will go it black or not!
It helps to know what each does with their various plans!

Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi TJ,

I'm glad you are going easy w/the wife. Bless her heart. I've been low carbing for a few weeks. < sigh > again .
I did it for a few months . I did really well. I lost 20ish lbs. Lost focus, however I'm in full swing now.
I know the Jay Robb " Fat Burning Diet " is right for me. I could never do induction. WHY, 1st I don't want to give up on any foods I love. this is a way of life. So I know I can't go through life w/ a big NO to this food n that for life.
I think it would be an eye opener for your wife if she could read the fat burning diet. Not the fast burning diet. I ordered it off his web site. Best $12.95 I ever spent.
Once a week for 1 HOUR, you can eat anything . I mean anything. cake , pie, cookies, Chinese, fried chicken w/mashed taters. lol. So if there is a birthday w/ cake n ice cream then for one hour per week you can have it. Then next meal it is either a Low Carb one , or a high carb. I do a low carb one.

Last Wednesday I had my one hour meal. it was Chinese take out.
Chicken in garlic sauce w/ veggies ,and white rice. they don't have brown rice only white ,or fried. To say the least when it was time to face the scales the next day I did so with fear n trembling . lol
I was down I lb. So I know this plan works.
If I had chosen fried cubed steak w/ veggies w/ rice n gravy ,OR mashed potatoes I might have lost more as Chinese is so salty.
To be honest it was all I could do not to lick the plate. lol.

Atkins is way to strict for me. I'm sure it is very over whelming for your wife. I know it was for me. I agree baby steps.

NOW, TJ hear this. please don't let your old photo's get you down .
As you said nasty photo's made you sick. STOP IT I tell ya. remember High School < sigh > I can barley lol. remember the chant. V-I-C-T-O-R-Y V-I-C-T-O-Y. Thats what you've done you have a great victory . I'd look at those old nasty photo's ,and say I still love ya big guy but glad I lost part of you. Why I'd prolly put one on my fridge as a reminder as to how far you come.
Way to go TJ.
Go easy on wifey. lol just a gentle suggestion. I'd hate to see another Southerner in da dog house. lol

Pamela, I could just dive into your fruit plate, it looks de-lish.
to be honest I use coffee creamer. the powder kind. I tried all the other kinds. half n half , heavy creamy, which I found out is whipping cream.
I hate black coffee, so in that area I tried to be a good lil low caber.nothing tasted as good to me.
that is the one thing I can't give up, however as I only drink it in the mornings by the end of the day it hasn't stalled me.
Sometimes we have to play around with it ,and see what works.

Shalene, I hope you are OK. where or you, Tori and Michelle.

Rae
dixediva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone!

Thanks Rae!
I loved the fruitbowl too. It was done by DD's friend for her 21st recently..she is very creative!

Here is a bigger picture for you to enjoy!!

Well hope youall have a nice day...We CAN do it!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

TJ..
I am just wondering why your WL ticker won't show up properly...I used to copy and paste the' bb code ' into my signaturewhen I had a tickerfactory WL ticker last year.

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-13-2008 at 01:27 PM..
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Wow this place sure is quiet!!!

How is everyone doing?

I have had a good day.Yesterday and today I had shakes at breaky, tuna and salad at lunchtime and had a brown rice dish with afew vegie in and alittle stirfried meat and & sesame oil & seasonings.Sure is easy meal prep!Don't have to think too far ahead when u have some rice already cooked in the fridge!I love this WOE!HAving the rice dish at night makes me feel like I am not going without or on some special diet!!

seeya
Old 07-14-2008, 10:37 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

TJ

Cool avator!
How do you get your pic to change like that!
Just curious!
Old 07-15-2008, 05:55 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamy1 View Post
TJ

Cool avator!
How do you get your pic to change like that!
Just curious!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflopman View Post
Just a little Photoshop magic
Ahhhhh...........I wondered!!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone,it is too quiet here for me, I am going to try the CAD plan for a couple of weeks and see how I go.Keep working ya plans and will pop back to see ya all
Old 07-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: t0r1
Stats: 139/135/125?
WOE: PSMF
Start Date: May 2008
This tread has been really quiet! What happened to Shalene?

Rae - Were you ever able to open the document I sent you? I haven't been dieting lately, although I have been experimenting with intermittent fasting. I am moving in 2 weeks and would like to get my weight down a few more pounds before things get crazy. I am going back to the PSMF for a while. I lost 4 pounds on it back in June. I'm glad that the FBD is working for ya!
t0r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #140
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Staes
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I've been on the Jay Robb FBD for a week and I love it! I found the missing link. I feel like I am not deprived of anything! This is a total way of life for me. I starting off the new year with a cleanse and eating clean. One day I went to the Vitamin Shoppe looking for protein powder and stumbled across Jay Robb's egg white protein. Googled him at him and ordered his e-book and cookbook and fell in love. This is what I needed. My first week I have lost about 3lbs! It works. I'm NOT hungry. Do not have cravings and am eating the healthiest in my life. I hope this thread isn't dead! I love reading everyone's progress.
Staes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #141
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Staes
Come back people! lol. What happened to everyone?
Staes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #142
mre
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mre
I'm starting this after the Fruit Flush--tomorrow is the last day. I lost 30 lbs. eating low carb a few years ago, transitioned into a South Beach-type diet and lost 15 more.

I gained all of it back over the past two years, due to diagnosed hypothyroid, lack of daily exercise, and too many calories. I'll add that my diet is "clean"--meaning I don't eat processed sugars, grains, or any foods that aren't whole and natural.

I've completed the Fruit Flush successfully many times before and find it to be a great detox--meaning I feel more energized, my complexion clears up, and my cravings for carbs are decreased, so I think this will be a great transition to the Fat Burning Plan.

I've followed this Fat Burning Plan Made Easy (high carb for dinners daily) in the past and feel that I could follow the 1 day ON and 1 day OFF with no problems, because I often eat very low carbs on a daily basis.

I'm in. What version are following?
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #143
mre
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mre
I'm starting this after the Fruit Flush--tomorrow is the last day. I lost 30 lbs. eating low carb a few years ago, transitioned into a South Beach-type diet and lost 15 more.

I gained all of it back over the past two years, due to diagnosed hypothyroid, lack of daily exercise, and too many calories. I'll add that my diet is "clean"--meaning I don't eat processed sugars, grains, or any foods that aren't whole and natural.

I've completed the Fruit Flush successfully many times before and find it to be a great detox--meaning I feel more energized, my complexion clears up, and my cravings for carbs are decreased, so I think this will be a great transition to the Fat Burning Plan.

I've followed this Fat Burning Plan Made Easy (high carb for dinners daily) in the past and feel that I could follow the 1 day ON and 1 day OFF with no problems, because I often eat very low carbs on a daily basis.

I'm in. What version are you following?
mre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Bumpity bump! This diet sounds so intriguing. The original diet "Fat Burning" by Jay Robb. Every other day you do low carb. Opposite days are high carb. I ordered the book. Anyone have any success with this one?
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
Bumpity bump! This diet sounds so intriguing. The original diet "Fat Burning" by Jay Robb. Every other day you do low carb. Opposite days are high carb. I ordered the book. Anyone have any success with this one?
Don't know, jenericstewart. I was going through this thread and everyone dropped out. Too bad.

It looked interesting to me because I don't have the bucks to do the WW program. However, I'm not interested after checking out Robb's web site and seeing how many products he's selling. Never really know how much of his "education" is basically getting folks to buy his products.

I lose weight with Atkins, but gain it back as it won't be a life-long sacrifice and I go back to eating normal without exercising. Done that twice. This is why I was interested in WW for the variety, but guess I'll be doing my own thing just being careful and balanced meals.

Good luck!

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote