Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreamy1
WOE: LC
Okay..promise you this is my last post for the day here

Have just had dinner. Feel very satisfied but not over full.I added cooked cabbage and cauli to 1 cup brown rice,sprinkled a teeney bit of masterfood Thai spice over and black pepper and drizzled 1/2 tspn sesame oil over .Grated about 1 oz cheese over the top. It hit the spot!
So how am I doing for my meal....is there anything I should not have had? I am feeling my way abit here as I have not seen any food lists so not sure if we can have. ...lean bacon to crumble over brown rice etc???
Would sure make it tasty!!!TIA to anyone who is able to help me on that.

Maybe tomorrow I will be able to do some ovenbaked chips with Pam spray and herbs.Sounds WONDERFUL! Imagine kumera chips....yummo!!!!
I am letting my mind wander abit but I wonder if you could make a vegie sauce and add wasabi to it for dipping the chips in..hmmmmm

Well I hope the whoosh fairy is on her way for us all
dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Hi Everyone!!!

I'm still doing this & LOVE it I'm up 2lbs, but that's because I drank this
past weekend, lots of Margarita's. I have sooo much more energy & not
hungry. I got the e books & had the FBD already, so FBDME, Fruit Diet (14day) & 3 day Fruit Flush. I can't do the 3 day yet, but read about someone who cycled FBDME & #day FF & lost > 200 lbs
After the holiday weekend I plan to do a 3 day fruit cycle & then back to FBDME.
Right now, I'm happy to be eating in a healthy way with whole foods & I'm willing to maintain for a while to repair any damage I may have done by
following low cal/low carb for so long. Thanks all & have a great day
Old 07-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Hi Everyone!!!

I'm still doing this & LOVE it I'm up 2lbs, but that's because I drank this
past weekend, lots of Margarita's. I have sooo much more energy & not
hungry. I got the e books & had the FBD already, so FBDME, Fruit Diet (14day) & 3 day Fruit Flush. I can't do the 3 day yet, but read about someone who cycled FBDME & #day FF & lost > 200 lbs
After the holiday weekend I plan to do a 3 day fruit cycle & then back to FBDME.
Right now, I'm happy to be eating in a healthy way with whole foods & I'm willing to maintain for a while to repair any damage I may have done by
following low cal/low carb for so long. Thanks all & have a great day
Savannah...What does FBD and FBDME stand for? And what is the 14-day fruit diet and the 3-day fruit flush? Is there anywhere online that I could get more info so you don't have to post too much?

Got to thinking and I googled both of the fruit ones and got websites. I don't get anything that makes sense by googling FBD or FBDME. Can you help?

Thanks....

Last edited by Parisfox; 07-02-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #94
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Fat Burning Diet (Hardcover)
Fat Burning Diet Made Easy (E-Book)
3-Day Fruit Flush

Jay Robb authored all three.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi All,

I'm still doing OK, I know I'll be more focused after the 4th. We're having a BBQ , so there will be grilling n chillin .lol Yep I plan to have some wine. I don't care if it stalls me for a few days. It will be worth it. July 4th is only one day. So I plan to splurge.

You can order Jay Robb Books offline.

JayRobb.com

Hope everyone is having a good day.

IF you have any questions, we'll try to answer them. My Dad always said there are NO dumb questions. we just have to dig deeper for the answer sometimes.

Pamela , NO post often. thats what makes a good forum.

Judy, welcome to this group. there's a lot of good people here. Very friendly ,and willing to help in anyway.

Rae

If it's to be it's up to me.
dixediva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!

Thankyou Rae

Day 2 is beginning here for me andl I am very happy to report I am down 4.4 lbs today which makes me 280.28!!
I can hardly believe this! This is as good as Atkins induction for weightloss! YES, I am definitely keeping this going!
I need to go update my stats as I put back on nearly all the weight I lost a couple of weeks back !!

I see I can't edit an earlier post to put my stating weight in so will put it here..............

Starting weight 284.68

Judy, have you got the book yet?
have not long got up so have not had breaky yet but will just be having a protein shake.
Not sure what else is on the menu for today !

well I WCBL to see how everyone else is doing. HAve a nice day each

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-02-2008 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: added starting weight
Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Menu for today.......
B~Protein shake
L~Tuna with coleslaw( and REAL mayo)I don't have any meat cooked so 'out of the tin' is a lifesaver today!!
D~Having homemade chips dipped in small amt mayo and wasabi and 1 HB egg.
Gee, I really am guessing with all this as I don't use ******...I just find that a real challenge trying to work it all out. So hoping that the one egg I have for protein tonight might be somewhere around the 15% I need for my protein ratio tonight. I am suppossed to have 70% healthy carbs.I would have kumera as it is lower GI but I have none left....need to go shopping again! I guess tomorrow will reveal ALL
I MAY have a piece of fruit with dinner tonight. I didn't lastight.

Question
.is it OK to have a banana for your piece of fruit with dinner. It is carby but it has fibre and potassium which is why I would like it.????Thanks for your advice! I really do need a copy of the meal plan...Maybe next week.

I will be looking out for some wholegrain bread when I go out. Is 100% wholemeal bread included as a healthy carb?I hope so.

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-02-2008 at 05:08 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone

Day 3 and I am down 1.76 lbs

Lastnight decided to go ahead and have a banana at dinner so it must be OK.
I also have started having a teeney bit of milk in my drinks.We shall see what happens with that...guess I am tweaking this alittle for me!!
I have to say thouigh, I DO feel good. No headache or yanthing and I am drinking lots...no hunger pains.Late lastnight when I went to bed I felt alittle empty but cetainly not hungry( I had dinner at 6 pm as we went out for the evening)

So how are you all doing?It is VERY quiet here!
WCBL,have a nice day
Old 07-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ItsMichelle
Hello

Hello
I am new here and I have been following this thread for a few days. I have a question. For breakfast I drink a Dannon Light & Fit 0% Plus. It has 60 calories. Would this work on the Jay Robb Diet if I continued to drink these and do the lunch and dinner by the program? I weigh 160 now and my goal weight is 145. I was at 175 and I lost by cutting calories, but I have hit a plateau and am stuck. Any suggestions?
ItsMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Hi Michelle.....I amfrom New Zealand and not familiar with the Danon light you mention. I am presuming the 0% is referring to the fat! If that is the case ...we are supposed to have a lowfat breaky so it should be OK if it is lowfat. I am tweaking things just alittle here myself and have been using a teeney bit of trim milk in my hot drinks! So far it hasn't stalled me ! I would do a couple of days or so and see how you go. Just my thoughts..I am a newbie here myself

I don't know alot about the diet...have just read the threads here on the forum as I do not have the book. You can go back and read the frist few pages of the fruitflush thread and it actually has some very helpful posts and foodlists!

It is nice to see someone else here today!!!
Goodluck!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Menu for today~

B~Protein shake( I just use the healtheries lowfat one)
L~LC chicken sausages and coleslaw with Real Mayo
D~brown rice salad made with 1 slice chopped bacon, spring onion,Thai spice,sesame oil,cracked pepper.Served with cooked cabbage,1 tspn butter & pepper.Plus 1 apple

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-03-2008 at 06:23 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Have a nice long weekend folks
Old 07-04-2008, 02:57 AM   #103
Junior LCF Member

I start today!

Hi Dreamy. Yes the 0% means no fat. These are delicious. Strawberry 7 oz with only 70 calories. ( i was mistaken in my 1st post when I put 60) The only thing is it has 12 grams of sugar. They have a Light & Fit Sugar and Carb control with 3 grams of sugar but those don't have much taste. I plan to start the plan today. I will drink my Smoothie in about 30 minutes. I will post later on my menu for the day. I need to decide what to eat. This thread has lots of yummy suggestions! HAPPY 4th OF JULY EVERYONE!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick post to say I am maintaining & thrilled with being able to eat healthy carbs & enjoy my free meal!!!! I plan to cycle again after the holiday.
low carb either daily or do Jay's FBME with Fruit Flush, Feeling uncomfortably bloated in my hands. Happy 4th!!

Last edited by Savannah; 07-04-2008 at 07:59 PM..
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

For bfast I drank a Smoothie
Lunch- 1 hamburger(no bun) with mayo and ketchup
Dinner-1 grilled ribeye, caesar salad with lots of croutons and for dessert spongecake with vanilla pudding, strawberries, almonds and whipped cream.

Edit: I forgot to add that the vanilla pudding,spongecake and the whipped cream are all sugar free. My MIL is a diabetic and we were at a cookout at her house.

Last edited by ItsMichelle; 07-04-2008 at 09:36 PM..
Old 07-05-2008, 02:04 AM   #106
Junior LCF Member

ALLI

I am also taking the drug Alli with each of my meals containing fat. Anyone else ever tried this? I followed the Jay Robb Diet yesterday and I wasn't hungry at all in between meals. I just weighed myself a few minutes ago. I am down 1.5 lbs. But I usually weigh less every morning. I will weigh myself after dinner tonight and see what the scale says.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

hi everyone,

I meant to pop in here this a,m, and wish you all happy 4th but I got busy doing things.

Well was alittle shocked to see I am up 1 lb today! I have not had that experience before and it is a horrible feeling but I will not think about it anymore, and anyway I will be busy today!!!

We had visitors arrive this arvo so I will not have so much online time but will try to check in in once a day while they are here.

I am just heading off to bed in a few mins...I ended up eating more like ww's today with the visitors here.I can see it is going to be harder ...maybe I will do better tomorrow!
You seem to have days like that where you don't quite get it all together!
I have to perservere though as I really DO want this weight off!

Michelle congrats on the 1 lb down!!!

Savannah

Hope the whoosh fairy comes by again soon for us all

Cya all tomorrow
Old 07-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #108

Gallery: HBGal
Stats: 206/200/125 (5'4")
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/04/09
Hi everyone! Do you mind if I try this and post with you all? It sounds like a great plan. I plan to start on Monday, or maybe even tomorrow but most likely Monday.
HBGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #109
Junior LCF Member

Hello

Hello HBGal! I basically just jumped in here and started the plan. I Love it! The original thread starter Shalene made it sound so interesting. Plus so many of the menus on here are yummy! I even did the hamburger no bun (or cheese) and it was delicious. I seem to be doing good so far. No cravings in between meals, etc. It is nice to see this thread getting more people. I plan on getting the e-book too. I have been lazy so far and haven't felt like downloading it..LOL
Old 07-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #110

Thanks, Michelle! I really need to get back in to the swing of things. I've gained 30 lbs. so far this year, after losing 35 lbs. in 3 1/2 months last summer. I'm almost back at square one. This sounds very similar to what I was doing before, except for allowing healthy carbs, fruit and a free meal, which really sounds much easier to stick with! I did that before minus the healthy carbs and fruit and I lost REALLY well, except it was very unhealthy (the free meal wasn't part of the plan, I just did it). I'm excited to get started with this healthier plan!
Old 07-05-2008, 08:46 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Hello Heidi .
Glad to meet you & look forward to getting to know you and everyone else here!
It is so much more fun wth lots of people! Goodluck to you.
I think I will download the e plan too...I will try to find out where to do that later today if I get a chance!
Have visitors for all this week and maybe next so will not have much time for posting but I WILL TRY to get here once a day if I can!

How's everyone else doing on thier plan?
Hope this new week brings about some serious melting for us all.
Cya all soon
Old 07-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone

Dreamy1---you did great & congrats!

Welcome to all newcomers!! just checking in no weight today & cycling back
to low carb today for me. 3 day cycles excited & ready for action/loss!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #113

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sooooo ready to get started! I can't wait to feel good again. I've been so unbelieveably tired lately it's horrible (from all the bad crap I've been eating, I'm sure). I have a question ... do we have to have our carb meal at night? I know it's not good to have it in the morning, but will it be okay for lunch? This is what I plan for Monday:

B - protein shake
L - crack slaw with brown rice (if you all haven't tried this yet, the recipe is in the lobby somewhere and it is delish, especially if you like asian food!)
D - egg white omlete with salsa

Do you think this would be okay?
Old 07-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

oHello all,

I am full up with the head cold and feeling horrible.Sad to say I was not on plan yesterday and today but I will be from tomorrow!

Heidi ...I remember reading something about restoring one's gylcogen levels at night with the carby meal...npt sure if if would affect your loss or not but I guess you will know if you try!Will be interested to see how you do.

What plan everyone doing here...are you cycling dayds or are you cycling meals, just ut of interest?

Cya all soon hopefully...I have a houseful of visitors so busy .Wish I could go to bed the way i am feeling but....
Old 07-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #115

Good Morning!

Pamela - Yah, I read that part, too. The only reason I asked was because I was going to be out all day. It worked out, though. As of now, I plan to cycle my meals. I hope you feel better!!

I'm down a little more thn 1/2 a pound today and I'm VERY happy with that. I didn't take measurements but I seem to look slimmer today (I have lots of fat to lose!).

Today's plan:

B - power shake
L - egg white omelete w/ salsa, asparagus spears
D - crack slaw w/ brown rice (I love this stuff!)

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #116
Junior LCF Member

what i ate today!

B-strawberry yogurt smoothie (Dannon 0%)
L-chicken caesar salad (minus croutons)
D-chicken breast on whole wheat bun and french fries.

HBgal,
What is crack slaw? never heard of it

Hope everyone has had a great day!!

Scale says I have dropped 2.5 so far
1 more lb since Sat.

Last edited by ItsMichelle; 07-08-2008 at 03:27 PM..
Old 07-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #117
Junior LCF Member

Just curious

Just curious, what happened to Shalene (original topic starter) ???? I haven't seen her post. I am curious as to how much more weight she has lost. Her thread was the one that popped up in my search about FBME by JR.

Where are you??? I wanted thank you for making this woe sound so interesting.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #118

You're doing so well, Michelle!

Here's a thread about crack slaw: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...rack-slaw.html

I hope everyone else is doing well, too!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #119
Junior LCF Member

crack slaw

Thanks Heidi for the info. I prefer coleslaw by itself but I told my hubby about this and he put some ground beef in the fridge to thaw and plans on making some tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:12 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi All,

It's great to see new friends. Welcome to all.

I'm so glad the 4th is over , and that I'm back on track.

I'm down 1 lb.. You might say a 1/2, or 1 lb is not much. Don't ever think that a lb is not a lot. Here is how I measure my lb. I visualize a lb of butter. lol. 1 lb of butter is 4 sticks.. so I've lost 4 sticks of butter. lol

I'm not sure where Shaelene , or Tori could be .I sure hope they are OK.

Pamela , I hope you feel better soon.

Michelle, I think you ask about yogurt . the best test is to see if it stalls you. If not then enjoy. JB suggest that yogurt be FF ,and plain ..ackkkk.. then add your own fresh fruit.
However, I'd look for the one with the least amount of carbs.

Hedi, thanks for the recipe, I am going to try that . I wonder if you could use fresh cabbage, cut into thin strips.

I hate naming names as I always leave someone out. SS.

If you are looking for a low carb item ,and can't find it netrition.com
is a great web site . The prices are like the same as store brands. what I like about this site is the shipping is a flat rate , no matter how big the order is ,and you will have the product in a cpl of days.

I love to order the lowcarb Dreamfields pasta. it is the same price as grocery store ,but sometimes I can't find it in my local grocery store. Its not the whole grain kind. it looks ,and taste like the real deal. my DH can't tell the difference.

I do the Jay Robb, " The Fat Burning Diet ". it's low carb one day and high carb the next.

menu yesterday, high carb day

B- 2 eggs, sl cheddar cheese w/ tomatoes.

L- steak, with 1/2 cup brown rice, salad w/ lc ranch dresssing.

D- hamburger w/ the works on whole wheat dbl fiber bread, pork rinds. I have to have crunch.

menu today - low carb

B- 2 eggs, slice cheddar cheese

L- left over steak slice thin over a salad w/ lc dressing

D- ground turkey burger, with summer squash, tomatoes.

For steak ,or burgers that is eaten on LC days ( no bread ),I use NO Carb, Waldon Farms BBQ sauce or, Hinze LC ketchup.

I try to drink water in between my meals. with my meals I drink diet pepsi, so far it hasn't stalled me.

If I can be of any help let me know.

Have A Good LC Day,

Rae
dixediva1 is offline   Reply With Quote