Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #61
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: aunatural
Stats: 150/don't want to know/125
WOE: Breastfeeding-1800 cals 30% from carbs
Start Date: 02/06/06
Just marking my spot so I can keep up with you guys. This WOE sounds interesting but I know myself. I need consistency and I'm not sure I would be able to stick with 3 different meals a day. Maybe for the first day or two but after that, I'd pick my favorite meal and just eat like that all day. It sounds like you guys are doing great though! KUTGW
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shalene
WOE: Metabolism Miracle
Hi everyone! Down .5 today, I'll take it! He says not to eat 3 hours before bedtime, but I got home late and that didn't work out, so I am glad that I still lost a little.

Moretta - I agree, I totally have the lc mindset - and still do. But I had heard that slow losers did better losing by adding in healthy carbs - I was just always afraid to.

Rae - welcome! How was your success before? I am glad you are back on board.

Rachel - good morning - sounds like you are eating great! I love your menus.

Bigflopman - whatcha waitin' for?

Sue - ypur menus always look fabulous - glad you are enjoying this WOE too!

Tink - we'd love to have you! I had bought a bunch of fruit too, but just had no energy when doing the fruit flush and couldn't continue.

Tori - Good job! KUTGW!

Lora - you are doing great!

Menu:

Protein Shake
2 cheeseburger no bun
turkey sandwich on whole grain, spinach
Old 06-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #63
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Hi!

Still the same weight even though I had a high carby time meal yesterday. My bad!

Back on track today.

Thanks Shalene for introducing me to Jay Robb!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Everyone!

Just reading about how you all are doing! I am still enjoying quick weight loss on Stillman's, but I know this is what I will move to eventually. I still need to finish the book.. I am only in a little now.

One of the gals posted on the Fruit Flush thread that a friend of hers lost over 200 pounds following this plan!

Have a super terrific day you all!!!
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:09 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb
Completed Day 4:
Breakfast: Yogurt with 2 tbs of vanilla whey protein and 1 tbs powder fiber
Lunch: Salad with turkey, 1/2 avacado, 1/4 c pinenuts and 2 tbs full fat dressing
Dinner: 1 grilled pork chop, baked sweet potato, small salad

I was very disappointed this morning. The scale was up 1.5 pounds!! Maybe I need to stay away from pasta even thou it's whole grain. I'll give this a few more days but if the scale keeps inching up, I'll have to go back to low carbing.
SuePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #66

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Menu today:
breakfast: skipped, I was running late
lunch: flaxseed tortilla (low carb) with melted cheese, handful of almonds
dinner: chicken on whole grain bun, potato, some kashi cereal for desert

I didn't do a good job of eating very healthy today, but it's been a challenge having my place kind of torn apart! I will try and do better tomorrow!
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:23 PM   #67
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Nice avi, Rachel!

I am trying to succeed on this new WOE but stressed because of what's happening with my Dad. (He is sick and in the hospital again!)

I almost bought Doritos!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Lora - buy Sunchips, they are whole grain! I'll keep your dad in my prayers, I have a sick dad, too. I can relate so much.

Sue - hang in there. Make sure you drink enough water, I am always impressed by your menus. I have found that the more carbs I eat at night, like adding a piece of bread to my noodle meal, I always am down the next day.

Rachel - love the new pic, you are gorgeous! KUTGW!

Hoops - nice to see you! Thanks for the info, I am glad you are doing so well!

Well, I am down 1 more today. That makes 6.5 pounds total for the week I believe. That is unheard of with me!

Menu:

B- protein shake
L- bunless cheeseburger with mayo
D- sub on wheat bun

Have a great day everyone!
Shalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kater422
Stats: 183/167/150
Start Date: 8/3/2009
Hi, Everyone. I have been lurking for a few days. I tried a medically supervised program a few weeks ago. Low cal - shakes all day and then protein and veggies for dinner. I did it for two weeks. I was hungry all of the time! I lost 4 pounds. This looks more appealing. Thanks for inspiring me!
kater422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #70

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalene View Post
Lora - buy Sunchips, they are whole grain! I'll keep your dad in my prayers, I have a sick dad, too. I can relate so much.

Sue - hang in there. Make sure you drink enough water, I am always impressed by your menus. I have found that the more carbs I eat at night, like adding a piece of bread to my noodle meal, I always am down the next day.

Rachel - love the new pic, you are gorgeous! KUTGW!

Hoops - nice to see you! Thanks for the info, I am glad you are doing so well!

Well, I am down 1 more today. That makes 6.5 pounds total for the week I believe. That is unheard of with me!

Menu:

B- protein shake
L- bunless cheeseburger with mayo
D- sub on wheat bun

I have downloaded a copy of this WOE and am considering trying it but...somethings got me worried. The way you are doing it is extemely very low cal and JR says to eat a salad a day and lots of veggies. I ran everthing thru ****** and even added another 1 tbl of mayo and heres what I got

Total: 1072
Fat: 66 598 56%
Sat: 25 229 21%
Poly: 15 132 12%
Mono: 19 172 16%
Carbs: 51 184 17%
Fiber: 5 0 0%
Protein: 72 286 27%

I know these are just guesstimations but this would be extemely unhealthy for me and I have hypo too. It's no wonder you are losing-you are not eating much food-I would be absolutely starved eating this way. I don't want to shut my metabo down to where I can only eat under 1200 cals-thats not healthy. Have you tried eating more with the same good results? I am not criticizing but just trying to find something that works for me and have some questions. Has anyone else had losses with eating more than this?

Great losses by the way!

Last edited by lisabinil; 06-27-2008 at 08:56 AM..
lisabinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #71

Thanks for the sweet comments everyone!

Congratulations on your loss Shalene! You must be thrilled!

Lisa, I am eating 1600-1800 calories a day and not losing yet. I was hoping that the combination would jumpstart my loss even a little. The good news is that I am eating 1600-1800 calories a day and love what I'm eating. I'm about five pounds from my goal weight and regular low carb won't move the scale either. So, if my weight is going to be stubborn, I might as well enjoy my foods as much as possible. BTW, I am 5'4 and do an hour of Callanetics and/or a combo of Callanetics and walking each day.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Thanks for the sweet comments everyone!

Congratulations on your loss Shalene! You must be thrilled!

Lisa, I am eating 1600-1800 calories a day and not losing yet. I was hoping that the combination would jumpstart my loss even a little. The good news is that I am eating 1600-1800 calories a day and love what I'm eating. I'm about five pounds from my goal weight and regular low carb won't move the scale either. So, if my weight is going to be stubborn, I might as well enjoy my foods as much as possible. BTW, I am 5'4 and do an hour of Callanetics and/or a combo of Callanetics and walking each day.

Rachel I used to post on the IF thread with you I have been reading this thread and I looked at your menu also for the past 2 days and no way did you get close to 1600 cals girl! Is this because of your redecorating and you are rushed or something? (Congrats by the way!). Also I would recommend reading Callan's books-she recommends doing Callan every other day for the best results if you haven't been seeing much. You need to rest the muscle in between workouts-Twyla is a good one to pm on this-she's into SuperCallan! I actually did the first day of this WOE yesterday-was starved until lunch. I am just very greatly concerned about the calorie issue with this.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:35 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb
Well the scale was up another horrid 2 pounds.

As much as I like this WOE I'm going to have to go back to simple low carbing. My pants are getting tight and uncomfortable already. I refuse to outgrow the few summer clothes I have. I'm really happy for those of you that are doing well. I guess this is just not the right plan for me. KUTGW everyone!
SuePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:40 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuePro View Post
Well the scale was up another horrid 2 pounds.

As much as I like this WOE I'm going to have to go back to simple low carbing. My pants are getting tight and uncomfortable already. I refuse to outgrow the few summer clothes I have. I'm really happy for those of you that are doing well. I guess this is just not the right plan for me. KUTGW everyone!
2nd day of this WOE for me and same results. Also it triggered hypoglycemia for me-I think its too extreme in the morning and afternoons without a lc snack to keep my blood sugars stable. I did have 1/2 of a shake midmorning. By dinner I am starving and almost binge.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

I guess, like with everything else, YMMV.

Lisa, I wasn't too specific on my menus yesterday, I have a wrist injury and typing is challenging!

SO here is what I actually had yesterday:

16 oz jay robb protein shake, made with 13 oz water and 3 oz half n half

lunch was 2 big burgers with cheese and mayo, side of pickles

dinner was a huge 12" sub with meat cheese and mayo on wheat, and a small bag of wholegrain chips

I am never hungry on this plan. I do need to incorporate a big salad for lunch every day, but am a hospital supervisor and have to eat on the run most days vs getting to sit down for a meal. I am working on that!

Anyways, the only light meal is breakfast, so I eat like a champ for lunch and dinner, I do not eat lowcal by any standards.

I think the concept is right on target. I have been doing Atkins for the better part of 4 years now. My weight would not move. I re-inducted. Not an ounce. More fat, less fat. more cals, less cals. You get the picture. I have lost around 12 pounds in the past year. I have about 40 to go. I think everyone has to find what works for them. Some people are doing great on the fruit flush. They feel full and energetic. I didn't make it thru the first day. I was lethargic and starving!

I wish everyone great success, no matter what plan they are on. Sue, keep us posted as to how you are doing! Rachel - I agree, I am very satisfied with my food options! KUTGW!

I am the same today.

Menu:
B- protein shake
L- turkey salad with ranch, cheese and boiled eggs
D- Burger on whole wheat bun, baked potato, green beans

I know tonight is my free meal option, but eating the dinner above IS a free meal to me! Not going on a carb fest, makes me feel horrid!

Last edited by Shalene; 06-28-2008 at 08:00 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalene View Post
I guess, like with everything else, YMMV.

Lisa, I wasn't too specific on my menus yesterday, I have a wrist injury and typing is challenging!

SO here is what I actually had yesterday:

16 oz jay robb protein shake, made with 13 oz water and 3 oz half n half

lunch was 2 big burgers with cheese and mayo, side of pickles

dinner was a huge 12" sub with meat cheese and mayo on wheat, and a small bag of wholegrain chips

I am never hungry on this plan. I do need to incorporate a big salad for lunch every day, but am a hospital supervisor and have to eat on the run most days vs getting to sit down for a meal. I am working on that!

Anyways, the only light meal is breakfast, so I eat like a champ for lunch and dinner, I do not eat lowcal by any standards.

I think the concept is right on target. I have been doing Atkins for the better part of 4 years now. My weight would not move. I re-inducted. Not an ounce. More fat, less fat. more cals, less cals. You get the picture. I have lost around 12 pounds in the past year. I have about 40 to go. I think everyone has to find what works for them. Some people are doing great on the fruit flush. They feel full and energetic. I didn't make it thru the first day. I was lethargic and starving!

I wish everyone great success, no matter what plan they are on. Sue, keep us posted as to how you are doing! Rachel - I agree, I am very satisfied with my food options! KUTGW!

I am the same today.

Menu:
B- protein shake
L- turkey salad with ranch, cheese and boiled eggs
D- Burger on whole wheat bun, baked potato, green beans

I know tonight is my free meal option, but eating the dinner above IS a free meal to me! Not going on a carb fest, makes me feel horrid!

Ow hope your wrist gets better! I am so glad you found something that is working for you-I hope I do too-sighhh. This WOE sounds like it gives you great energy too.

Last edited by lisabinil; 06-28-2008 at 08:23 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #77

Hello all!

Shalene, I think some bodies work best with whole grains added to the mix. I'm glad you've found your sweet spot!

Lisa, it's true, I had skipped a couple of meals. However, I am also not doing a low cal protein shake. Mine is about 500 calories. Drinking a 100 calorie protein shake would make me starve all morning--I do better with either nothing or ALOT. I am seeing the best Callanetics results when I alternate: day of walking, day of Callanetics, day of walking, day of Callanetics. Boy do I love that program.

Here's my non-scale victory: I have a size 6 skirt that's always fit just right, maybe a teeny bit tight. Last night, I threw it on to go out for a walk. The skirt was loose and I had to keep tugging it up. Yes, straight from the dryer. When I got ready for bed, I was almost able to just pull it right off, without evening unbuttoning it or unzipping it. Something I'm doing is working, even though my scale refuses to acknowledge it. I will take the smaller body over the smaller numbers any day.

So, onward and upward with this plan+Callanetics+walking!

Rachel
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Good day Ladies!

Shalene-----THank you for starting this thread.

I stumbled across this & I am so thrilled to report I tried this last night.

Food yesterday ( not a full day of FBME)

b-4 oz salmon pouch

L-1 pepperoni stick & 1 turkey stick (on the run) XL

d- 1C health valley veg chili, 1 c brown rice, 1 slice whole grain bread
2 slices OM roast turkey w/ horseradish sauce.

snack/cheat before I decided to do this was 4 PB crackers & 6 cookies
I know, not the greatest choice.
Here's my kicker wt this am down 4 lbs. I have been up, down, stuck
I was so afraid to try this & probably won't do fruit or the cheat meal,but
would like to join you all in this FBME. I was doing KK & K/E (M/E), then atkins
gained 15 lbs. & my metabolism is probably all messed up. I did low cal, low carb from June '07 till now. stopped losing in Jan. & up & down since then.
lowest 242 doing shakes & starving. not good.Thanks for posting all the great info
Old 06-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi All,

So Sorry I've not posted in a few days. Life just keeps getting in my way. lol

Shalene, you ask me how I did on The Fat Burning Diet the first time. I lost 10 lbs in 2 wks. then life happend grrr. Now I am going to get the last 20 off.

Rachel, great on the NSV, keep doing what you are doing . Give the scales a dirty look .lol. Always go by how your clothes feels.

I have done every diet known to man. I did WW ,and lost but I got sick of counting points ,and see every bite of food I put in my mouth equaled a point , or 10. it became very stressful for me. I know I am carb sensitive. A good test to being carb sensitive is a puffy face , feet, and sometimes I'd feel puffy all over. just call me powder puff..lol

I saw an article on Jay Robb in Woman's World. It was an eye opener for me. I knew I could do this. NO MORE POINTS yeaaaa.

My mantra became " If it's white it ain't right " food wise that is. that was the easiest way for me to remember what not to eat on LC days. I also don't eat a lot of fruit after lunch as it will spike my blood sugar way up. I also am a firm believer if possible. to not eat 3 hrs before bed. You might have to play around with it ,and find your nitch.

HELP, HELP, If you have the Jay Robb Book and the list of foods .
In the fat burning diet book it is called " Table of Food Composition "
In the fat burning diet cook book it is called "Fat Burning Food Chart ".
Would someone please post it here. I don't have a scanner ,or I could do it.

A friend of mine wants to do the LC/ HC but I can't get her a copy of the food list. If you can do this TIA.

Rae

If it's to be it's up to me.
dixediva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I'm so inspired by you all!

Doing the Fruit Flush right now and then probably the 14 day fruit diet. Then I think I will give this a try. It looks like a great WOE!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: t0r1
Stats: 139/135/125?
WOE: PSMF
Start Date: May 2008
Rae - I have the book at home, I will look for what you are needing and try to post it tonight. So it sounds like you are doing the Fat Burning Diet from the book which cycles between low carb and high carb days...am I correct? I have the FBD book and the "Made Easy" e-book and am trying to decide which plan to do. I am wanting to drop my body fat by at least 5% so I may do the 2 low carb days, 1 high carb day cycle from the book.

Shalene - Are you still liking the "Made Easy" plan? How many pounds are you down now?

Rachael - It's so true that you can always gauge your progress by the scale, especially when you are working out! It sounds like you are on you way to size 4s!!

Hello to everyone else! Back to work!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dreamy1
WOE: LC
Hey everyone...this sounds a great plan. I have been following ALL this thread and very keen on trying it out!
Do any of you have any whitener or trim milk in your coffee/tea?
dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:05 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hi all! How are you? I am so short staffed at work I haven't been able to post.

I am down 1 more for a total of 7.5 pounds. I must say I love this WOE!

I am starting back to the gym tomorrow and see how that feels. I do have more energy than I did before, and I am sleeping more soundly than I have in a long time. No bloating or discomfort after my carby dinner.

Rae, I just got the book last night.

Tori - I still like this way. I read the book last night so I'll see how it goes. If this way keeps me losing and feeling good, I'll stick with it. If I hit a plateau, I would try the carb-cycling days. This way just seems so simple!

Savannah - welcome!~! We are glad to have you, keep us posted, you are off to a great start!

Rachel - Don't ya just LOVE when your clothes are loose? That is wonderful!

Dreamy - I would imagine you could use a bit of fat free milk in your coffee.

Handbells - we'd love to have you!

Menu today:
Protein shake
Large caesar salad with grilled chicken breast
whole wheat french toast with sf syrup, scrambled egg

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi Everyone,

Sounds as if all are doing great.

I've had a good LC day. I plan on keeping it that way.

Tori , yes it is the FBD..One day is Low Carb the Other is High Carb.
it is easier for me to remember it that way.

Shalene, I've not read the book that you are using. I think mine is the older version. I'm not sure if i could keep up with the cycling of one meal one way ,and another the other way. lol. So every other day is better for me. I also, think I can do w/o a baked potato , or rice for 24 hrs. lol. But, go the rest of my like w/o a tater. no way.

So if anyone does have his food chart . I think it is 3 , or 4 pages long. If it want post here PM me , and I'll give you my email addy.

TIA,
Rae
dixediva1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Goodmorning to you all!

I am really excited about this and I AM in!!
Thanks Shalene ,I just had black coffee this a.m....mabe will try to stay that way and see what happens re WL .I will opt for a power omellette for breaky in a minute as I do not have protein shake on hand.Will have to scout around when I am out next and see what we have over here.It is 9.30 a.m. wed here and I am guessing about 3.30 pm tues arvo or thereabouts for you guys!!

I would lOVE a copy of the food chart as I do not have the book.Thanks.

I hope you each have a good day.
Takecare~

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-01-2008 at 02:40 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Hi again...just wanted say thanks for posting your menus folks as I don't have a copy of the plan or the book yet. I probably will try to find a copy next time I go out but that may not be until monday next week.

Question: For those of you using the protein shakes for breaky...how many calories does one serve state and also how much protein? I am just trying to compare to what is available over here.One that I have used in the past is 100 cal per serve(27 gms powder) and 10.5 gms protein( without milk).Thanks

Shalene..are you a nursing supervisor?

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-01-2008 at 04:53 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Hi....Just thought I'd take a look at this thread. A friend of mine (dreamy1) Pamela....recommended it. It DOES look interesting. I'll have to get his book. Will check my local library to see if they have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflopman View Post
Shalene, what a great report! Thanks for everyone posting their details, menu, and success! I might have to give this a try
Hi, bigflopman....if you put [img] in front of the url for your ticker and [/img] after it (no spaces) you will get your ticker like this:

BTW...congratulations on your amazing loss. What plan or method did you use?

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."

Last edited by Parisfox; 07-01-2008 at 05:52 PM..
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Hey Judy!!! This is a nice surprise to see you here!!
I now have 3 places to post at !!

I am VERY excited about this WOE.Variety is the spice of life alright!!!

I decided to go ahead and use the protein shake I had leftover in my cupboard instead of the omellette for breaky afterall. Have just had my lean beef and coleslaw with real mayo for lunch.
Lookingforward to my healthy carb meal tonight...have yet to decide.I am not used to having so much choice!

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-01-2008 at 05:41 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
I just might try this, Pamela....let me know how it goes with you. I like the idea of a sweet potato or a piece of fairly LC fruit now and then.
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

OK Judy!! Just the fact that you CAN have OTHER things and not all LC is what really appeals to me.I am going to get some LF yoghurt to have with protein powder too for breaky as you feel like you ARE eating something then

I am dreaming of some healthy carb vegies, roasted to go with salad..my understanding is that you go 'lean ' on the protein with your healthy carb meal...correct me someone if I am wrong..I am learning.

You know with being able to have tomato on your power omellette of a morning, and the odd bit of fruit elsewhere, our potassium levels etc should be just fine.I am going to still keep up with my usual multivite daily though.
The healthy carbs should help bathroom isssues too...I am planning on 'jazzing' up some brown rice for some dishes
I guess vegies could be made into a sauce and alittle cheese/ black pepper added to go over things...mmmmmmm

Last edited by dreamy1; 07-01-2008 at 07:19 PM..