Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't realize how great this WOE makes me feel, until I eat something I'm not supposed to eat. Last night, I ate a Peanut Butter Cookie, and I certainly paid for it. I'm quickly learning that it's not worth it to cheat...I feel SO HORRIBLE, after I do. I didn't realize that bloating could make you so MISERABLE. Mixing fats and carbs (with sugar) seem to be the worst. Those things just don't even sound good, anymore.

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-21-2008 at 10:29 AM..
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've still been AWOL. Picking up another part time job - ugh! - and then just being busy on the weekends with kids and hubby.

I'm having trouble with my right knee every time I get on my rebounder. My hubby isn't happy - I promised him I'd be using it more than I have been. My calves plain ol' HURT when I do 15 minutes!!! I've got to maybe just back off on that and do some light aerobics or something. I just don't really have the time. Mornings are the best time for me, but unless I get up at 5 am (and I'm NOT a morning person) I can't fit it in. By the time I come home from work, I'm too tired and supper needs made and stuff gotten ready for tomorrow.

Other than that - life as usual!!!!!

You guys are just plain ol inspirational!!!!!!!!!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:27 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Cary,
Hubby is out right now to have knee surgery.. I know I need to get a second job. Im working already 37.5 hours a week.. HE will get a bit of money while he is out,but it s not as much. We had already been having a rough time of it since everything has went up in price.. Hope the knee gets better. Melle, I ate something Friday nite that I should have passed over... I have had tummy trouble since then.. I will pay for it...lol.. I agree it doesnt pay to CHEAT..
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #244
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
No more food tonight!

B sausage gravy over oopsies
L Salad and veggies
D stuffed pepper and salad
S pork skins
Dessert whip cream with sf syrup yummo
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've still been AWOL. Picking up another part time job - ugh! - and then just being busy on the weekends with kids and hubby.

I'm having trouble with my right knee every time I get on my rebounder. My hubby isn't happy - I promised him I'd be using it more than I have been. My calves plain ol' HURT when I do 15 minutes!!! I've got to maybe just back off on that and do some light aerobics or something. I just don't really have the time. Mornings are the best time for me, but unless I get up at 5 am (and I'm NOT a morning person) I can't fit it in. By the time I come home from work, I'm too tired and supper needs made and stuff gotten ready for tomorrow.

Other than that - life as usual!!!!!

You guys are just plain ol inspirational!!!!!!!!!

Cary
Cary, I have problems with my right knee, also. My husband bought me a rebounder and I bought Urban Rebounding videos, but I can't do it at all.
I thought it would be easy on my knee, but it isn't.

Are you really a chef? My husband is a chef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal
Melle, I ate something Friday nite that I should have passed over... I have had tummy trouble since then.. I will pay for it...lol.. I agree it doesnt pay to CHEAT..
Maybe we'll learn some day...ya think?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Depends on how you define 'chef'. It means a leader of the kitchen, and yes I am that. I did go to culinary school. I'm no longer working in professional kitchens, I'm out on my own in a cooking business venture. So yes, I am - but maybe not the same as your husband.

My knee REALLY hurts today. Gawd. I don't take any kinds of medicine, even Tylenol, so ice has had to do. It hurts to put pressure on it. I thought the rebounder would be less stressful on my joints - guess not.

You're right, Melle - I know when I'm not 100% on plan, too. I just feel icky. I could also just keep eating, as the cravings get out of control. So it's really important for me to stay MENTALLY on plan, too.

Plan for today is to make Oopsies to eat this week. I rotisseried a chicken last night for supper - yum! - and am making legal broth out of it today. I've a ton of errands to run, and I've got this sinus stuff that's making even thinking of doing all this stuff unappealing. I'd rather curl up in bed with a good book - but I'm the only one home and this stuff needs done.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #247
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NikiNicole
OK I didnt just fall of the wagon i jumped UGH I have to get back on I feel like a slug..... I just got so darn frustrated with the whole not losing I let it go to my head. So heres to another start!!
NikiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiNicole View Post
OK I didnt just fall of the wagon i jumped UGH I have to get back on I feel like a slug..... I just got so darn frustrated with the whole not losing I let it go to my head. So heres to another start!!
It's okay, Niki. The beauty of this plan is you just start back, with your next meal. You don't have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 AM   #249
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Niki,
Congrats on your decision!

Yesterday
B apple 20 min later oatmeal
L stuffed pepper, salad
D chicken casserole zucchini
S pepperoni cottage cheese
HA!! scale says I gained a pound.......think its the salt. Water water today maybe I can flush it out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
I figured it out I think...

Niki, I think I figured out why you're having trouble. I was reading what you are eating, and thank goodness you included the times!
When you eat fruit, you have to wait 30 minutes before a carbo meal, and and HOUR before a protein meal. I was messing that part up myself and finally figured it out the hard way. Hang in there!
Vikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiNicole View Post
I am so darn frustrated!!! I was 203.6 today and it is really starting to bum me out. I feel good but im actually getting bigger now....clothes are getting tighter ect... I am so mad. I have no idea what is going on! I was dropping like crazy for the first week then bam I hit a wall. I walked/ran last night and walked today but I am seeing nothing and I am so pissed I just do not know what I am doing wrong. I am normally the diet expert but I can not seem to fix this this time! UGHHH!!!! I am so angry!!!
B-apple 20 min later protein shake
L-Tuna with mayo and salad with mayo and sour cream dressing
S- Grapes 20 min later cheese
Sausage
D-taco salad!!!
IM pissed and it better turn around soon I am really getting angry....tomorrow I will be eating carbs for breakfast to try and shake things up! UGH!
NIKI
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Careful...Pepperoni is a protein, and isn't cottage cheese a carbo???
Sorry to nag, but just want you all to succeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRedhead View Post
Niki,
Congrats on your decision!

Yesterday
B apple 20 min later oatmeal
L stuffed pepper, salad
D chicken casserole zucchini
S pepperoni cottage cheese
HA!! scale says I gained a pound.......think its the salt. Water water today maybe I can flush it out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Pain "medication"

I don't know if this will help, but I use homeopathic medication for as much as I can. There is a product called Arnica Montana, for bruising and muscle soreness. They also have massage oil and lotions with Arnica in them to help allieviate muscle pain...can't hurt.
Hope you feel better!

Quote:
Depends on how you define 'chef'. It means a leader of the kitchen, and yes I am that. I did go to culinary school. I'm no longer working in professional kitchens, I'm out on my own in a cooking business venture. So yes, I am - but maybe not the same as your husband.

My knee REALLY hurts today. Gawd. I don't take any kinds of medicine, even Tylenol, so ice has had to do. It hurts to put pressure on it. I thought the rebounder would be less stressful on my joints - guess not.

You're right, Melle - I know when I'm not 100% on plan, too. I just feel icky. I could also just keep eating, as the cravings get out of control. So it's really important for me to stay MENTALLY on plan, too.

Plan for today is to make Oopsies to eat this week. I rotisseried a chicken last night for supper - yum! - and am making legal broth out of it today. I've a ton of errands to run, and I've got this sinus stuff that's making even thinking of doing all this stuff unappealing. I'd rather curl up in bed with a good book - but I'm the only one home and this stuff needs done.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #253
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I was under the assumption that pepperoni with full fat cottage cheese is a pro fat? And, fat free cottage cheese is a carbo? Hummm can anyone clarify?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Non-fat cottage cheese is a carbos. Whole cottage cheese (not low fat or not fat) is not allowed on SS, just like whole milk.

Hope this clarifies!!

Niki - GREAT job for getting right back on the wagon!!! It's SO easy just to say "Well, I blew it... so I might as well eat (fill in the blanks)"

Cary
Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgirl View Post
Careful...Pepperoni is a protein, and isn't cottage cheese a carbo???
Sorry to nag, but just want you all to succeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRedhead View Post
I was under the assumption that pepperoni with full fat cottage cheese is a pro fat? And, fat free cottage cheese is a carbo? Hummm can anyone clarify?
In Suzanne's book, Cottage Cheese is listed as a dairy product...same as milk/cream and cheese. You can eat high fat CC with protein/fats and fat free CC with carbs.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:08 AM   #256
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks Melle and Cary I thought thats how I read it.

billgirl........I appreciate your looking out for me!! Keep it coming.
Yesterday
B egg with two oopsies
L oopsie slice of pizza salad
D tuna salad 4 oopsies salad
nooooooooo snacks. I am going to try and cut out snacks for a few days see if it might speed things up I just want that 10 pound mark!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Non-fat cottage cheese is a carbos. Whole cottage cheese (not low fat or not fat) is not allowed on SS, just like whole milk.

Hope this clarifies!!

Niki - GREAT job for getting right back on the wagon!!! It's SO easy just to say "Well, I blew it... so I might as well eat (fill in the blanks)"

Cary
OK...I was HALF right. I didn't know whole cottage cheese wasn't allowed...but, I DID know about whole milk. Thanks for that info.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Live and learn, Melle - that's what we're all here for!!!!!!!

Cary
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: livinglife
Start Date: August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
(1) Yes, fat free dairy is OK to eat with carbs. Like you said, try to find low fat dairy products without artificial chemicals.

(2) I agree with you, being too low in carbs can make it impossible to lose weight, I've been there, done that. Besides the fact I have an issue with my kidney (I was born with only 1 kidney) I CANNOT be in ketosis, it's not good for my health and it will prevent me from losing. That's why I just love Suzanne's plan because I can eat carb meals using the food combining rules and still lose weight.

Keep up the good work, congrats on your weight loss!!!
Hey! me too!!!! I thought I was the only one!!
Keep up the good work.
livinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:44 AM   #260
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday and back on track.

B scrambled eggs with tomato and cottage cheese
L eggplant and stuffed pepper
D last of the oopsie pizza with mushrooms, pepperoni, tomato and sausage
No snacks.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:47 AM   #261
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I've started to track my foods in ******. Incase anyone wants this information here is what I get for oopsies.

1 small this would be baked in muffin top pan where you get six of them using 2 eggs 2 oz cream cheese
Amount Per Serving
Calories 57.0
Calories from Fat 45.0
Fat 5.0g
Carbohydrate 0.03 g
Protein 2.8 g

If you make 4 large which i do for hamburger buns using 2 eggs 2 oz cream cheese

Amount Per Serving
Calories 85.2
Calories from Fat 66.8
Fat 7.4 g
Carbohydrate 0.5 g 0 %
Protein 4.2 g 8 %
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Just wanted to say hello

I've been somersizing for about a month or little more and I've lost 10 lbs as of last Friday. The messages on here are a little old but hopefully someone will read this.

Missy

Never mine I didn't scoll down all the way. Sorry
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Missy,

That is ok. Everyone has done that some time or another.. This is the most recent board I have found for Somersizing. Her site is getting to be VERY SLOW.... I know a few that post here also post there some.. So they can verify that is so far this is the BEST board for us..
Welcome to OUR board...lol... I hope no one minds me calling it ours...Ive now lost about 20 lbs in two days short of 2 months. Im feeling wonderful. Im looking good also... Hope you enjoy it here. Welcome again.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #264
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

B pear 20 mins later oatmeal
L oopsies with egg salad and tomato
D yucca fries burger, onions, mushrooms and oopsie roll
No snack!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Mind? It IS "OURS" and it IS the BEST!!!!! You guys make it so.

SS's message board is okay - yeah, I post there sometimes if there's a specific question I can answer. My heart is here, though

LCRedhead - are you worried about eating snacks??? Suzanne encourages them, you know.

Still struggling with the rebounder, and no time to exercise. I'm coming off a HORRID summer cold/allergies - to me they seem one and the same. I did drink some 7-up this week because it's the ONLY thing that has ever made me feel better. I don't "do" any kinds of meds at all - not even Tylenol - so I think my foray into the 7up can be considered holistic for me. It did the trick - and I'm almost back to normal!!!

Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
That is ok. Everyone has done that some time or another.. This is the most recent board I have found for Somersizing. Her site is getting to be VERY SLOW.... I know a few that post here also post there some.. So they can verify that is so far this is the BEST board for us..
Welcome to OUR board...lol... I hope no one minds me calling it ours...Ive now lost about 20 lbs in two days short of 2 months. Im feeling wonderful. Im looking good also... Hope you enjoy it here. Welcome again.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Hi gals,

I am finally feeling good enough to post. I am at the tailend of a nasty sinus infection (ontop of the throat infection) UGH. My eating last week when I was sick wasn't the greatest but it wasn't terrible. You know how it is when you're sick, sometimes you just can't eat or sometimes you can't eat your "normal" stuff.

Livinglife--Wow, another person born with only 1 kidney, that's interesting! Did they tell you what they think caused it? I was born with an irregular umbilical cord, called a "two-vessel cord". Back then (38 yrs ago) they didn't think it was a huge deal. I was never tested or anything. When I was in my 20's I was having an ultrasound and that's when they discovered I was missing a kidney. A kidney specialist suspects that the cord prevented the full development of my right kidney, it's there but very, very small. So basically I have the use of just 1 kidney. Pretty weird but I'm OK. Now, if I could just get over this current sickness!!!!

Mac--AWESOME job on losing the 20 lbs!! WAY TO GO!!!

Cary--I hope your leg feels better! I normally don't take medicine, but I just had to take a few tylenol during this current illness because the pain in my head was unbearable. Sometimes ya just got to do what ya got to do, kwim?

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:40 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Thanks

Macongagal

Thanks for the welcome I know I will enjoy being on this thread Can someone tell me how the change my profile I'm having touble trying to figure it out thanks.

Missy

Last edited by miscmissy; 09-25-2008 at 08:47 PM..
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:27 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm coming off a HORRID summer cold/allergies - to me they seem one and the same. I did drink some 7-up this week because it's the ONLY thing that has ever made me feel better. I don't "do" any kinds of meds at all - not even Tylenol - so I think my foray into the 7up can be considered holistic for me. It did the trick - and I'm almost back to normal!!!

Cary
Oh, Cary...I sympathize with you. Day before yesterday, my sinuses started acting-up something terrible. We're in the middle of "ragweed season" and it gets me every year.

I quit taking ANY KIND of pain killer. The past few years I took so many NSAIDS for my knee, that I was really worried about my kidneys. So, I quit taking anything. Yesterday, my head hurt so badly at work, I didn't think I was going to make it. I filled a cup half full of steaming water (out of the espresso machine). I cupped it around my nose and mouth and breathed it for awhile, and also let it steam my face. OMG...it felt so good...just like someone was massaging my face. I think next time I do that, I might add a tiny bit of salt to the water. We've also been drinking our "Holy Tea" every night, before bed.

I'm going to the Health Food Store today. I took the last of the vitamin C, last night. Also, I'm going to buy a neti pot. (sp?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
Can someone tell me how the change my profile I'm having touble trying to figure it out thanks.

Missy
Welcome Missy! This is a great thread...the most active and most recent, that I've found. In the top left-hand corner of this page, you'll see "User Control Panel". If you click on that, you get lots of options. You can change your profile, change your options, change your signature or avatar.

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-26-2008 at 07:40 AM..
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Oh Gosh,
Im sooo glad its Friday...... IT has been such a long week. Hubby had that knee surgery yesterday. He is doing very well, almost too scary well. He has never had any procedure where he didnt have something strange or unusual happen, so Im on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary.
Ive been still doing well with my eating correctly.
Breakfast I had 2 eggs fried with cheddar cheese and two pieces of bacon.
Lunch was a salad with onion, egg, cheese, tomatoe and ranch dressing
snack was a peach.
Dinner was chicken breast, brocolli with butter and salt.
Snack tonite was my FF yogurt with davinci caramel syrup and oatmeal stirred in.

See you all tomorrow. Eat well..
Old 09-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Melle - what' s "holy tea"?

Missy - WELCOME!!!!!

Mary_M - I WAS feeling better, and then Friday it got icky again. I don't know if it's allergies, or a cold, or what the **** it is - I just can't BREATHE!!!!! My daughter is in Indiana, and she's experiencing the same thing there. I'm pretty much the only one in my family and at work that is having any trouble at all.

I'm resting my knee and gonna start back rebounding Monday - we'll see how it goes. I think if I use it every other day I might give it enough of a break.

I almost wish I had the time and money for a Jazzercise class, if they still have something like that. I've not seen them advertised. I loved mine in the 80's - yeah, I'm dating myself. I don't have time anyways - but it was always fun.

Hubby went to the Dr Friday for his lab work and he says his cholesterol is up. He blames me, for cooking with so much butter and eating fats. I know he eats like CRAP when he's on the road, but he thinks it's all the fat I use. SO - I'm gonna start cooking even more healthy, and just having butter on the side - so if he uses it, it's HIS "fault". I've not had my labs done in a LONG time - maybe soon, to see where I'm at. I'm 44, and not having menopausal symptoms - yet! - but I want a baseline. Maybe we'll afford it in a few months - I have no insurance coverage.

Well, time to get busy. I've projects lined up to get done this weekend!!!
Cary