Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiNicole View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I have great news I am down to 200.2 woohooo from 211. something when I started I am so excited. I also found some great recipes
http://catlady99.tripod.com/Recipes.pdf at this site some of which I can not wait to try and I know my family will love as well! So this is something I need to really add variety to my diet so I stick to it!! Ya know!!! I am making swedish meatballs today! WOOHOO! YUMMY!! Enjoy the weekend everyone!
NIKI
Awesome...CONGRATULATIONS!
That's funny...I just "bookmarked" those "catlady recipes", yesterday.
I guess I need to get on the scales, but it's almost TOM, and I feel a little "watery".

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-13-2008 at 08:15 AM..
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Niki,
KUTGW, This to me has been the best program to lose the weight. Nothing has helped me more than this food combining. I was so at wits end. Ready to say the HEllo to everything that had to do with diet.
I think Ive had a whoosh or a melting in the past two days. I dont weigh at home so I dont know..
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #213
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
7.5 gone as of this morning!

b left over pizza
L left over pizza
D pork skins, cheese
Wasnt feeling well so didnt eat very much yesterday or very well. Today is new day and lots of veggies
Hope everyone is having a great day.

Niki Thanks for sharing that recipe collection~!@ It sure helps when we share with one another
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NikiNicole
OK I am venting again
menu yesterday was

b:Shredded wheat
L:Cheeseburger with lettuce tomato mustard and mayo
D: shake.... I used this whey powder drink with ONE carb... from the ingredients i think it is the stevia but Im not sure....mixed with heavy whipping cream and walden foods 0 cal 0 carb syrup......
Today I am weighing in again at 201 ughhhhh
I am complaining because I just cant seem to break 200 that is my first goal I just want to see 199....it can be 199.8 I just wanna see it ughhhhh.....
ANyway on the otherside of things my 16s fit fantastic and lose so I pray I drop to a 14 soon and then 12 and then 10 LOL......... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
NIKI
NikiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Niki,
It could depend on WHEN you have been weighing yourself. You will weigh differently in the morning than you weigh in the afternoon or evening. I know this for a fact. I used to one that was tied to a scale. I now only weigh when I go to DR office ,which is once a month. So dont fret about that. Try your best weigh at the same time each day. You are doing great and dont forget that girl.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Taco Pizza!!!

What a great idea...I LOVE TACO PIZZA. I never even thought about that though... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
Thanks, billgirl. I'll try those. We LOVE tacos, but I always end-up eating them like a salad. I did take the pizza crust recipe that I posted above, and made a "taco pizza". It's very good, but I'd like to have taco shells. I'll try that.
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

It sounds like you're all doing well!! Niki don't give up, sometimes if you have more sodium one day you'll have more water weight, other days may be better, but like I think it was Mary...sorry if not.. said, weigh each day at the same time, and don't beat yourself up. Weightloss is slow for me too. I'm doing ok, but when you finally hit that next mark and then it goes up again it's frustrating, but that's what we're all here for! )

Congrats on your polo dress...I have a few of those too that I can't wait to get back into.

Ok, yesterday I had the cream cheese pancakes for breakfast, leftover chicken nuggets with the SS bake and Fry mix and veges for lunch, and last night for dinner, I finally tried the "Cauliflower" pizza crust and made myself a pizza...YUM! I think part of my problem is that I need more veges...not a huge fan...I like the cucumbers, ice berg lettuce etc, but I'm pretty picky other than that.

Last week I went and bought a bread maker, and I tried the cinnamon bread and orange cream spread from the Fast and Easy book. It was ok...the bread was quite heavy...I'll have to try again since the breadmaker is new, maybe it was user error.
Take Care everyone...And Keep up the great work.

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
I am going to have a tricky week since my youngest is turning 3 on Tuesday, we're having a pizza and cake&icecream party for her; and my husband's bday is Sunday. Oh well if I decide to eat a little off-plan I'll eat strictly Level I for a while to make up for it.

I meant to ask before if anyone saw Suzanne on hsn this month and saw the Somersweet bakers blend? I ordered it, it should get here sometime this week. It's supposed to be just like the stuff in little cans except there's more "bulk" in it to be able to substitute it 1-to-1 for sugar in recipes. I'll let you know what I think -- did anyone else order it??

Congrats Niki & Red on your weight loss!! Niki you'll hit the 100's very soon and you are well on your way to size 14, 12 and 10! At the end of last year I was at my all-time heaviest, size 14s were getting tight and I thought I'd NEVER EVER wear a 10 again. It's definitely achievable by following this WOE! KUTGW!!

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

I just wanted to say I love having someone to chat with about somersizing no one else gets it......anyway I'm up to 202 today ughhhh.....this am so this morning I am not doing carbs and see what happens.....i think I'm ovulating....so they may be causing some shifts...who knows clothes r still lose so I'm just going to try and tweak some things.....maybe no tea tonight as well .....PLUS I m not drinking enough water I'm sure...
that is a huge goal for today.....water water water
good luck everyone today
Niki
Old 09-15-2008, 06:49 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
I've been absent a while - sorry, but life just keeps getting in the way.

Sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Water is an easy thing to forget - and it makes a big impact. I have to keep on myself about that, too.

I'll peek in when I can - sorry to be AWOL about a thread I started, but - ugh. Life seems to be planning ME these days!!!!!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #221
Junior LCF Member

OK so today I have stayed away from carbs
B had a whey protein shake for breakfast...well half of one I can't eat a whole one....
L Sausage and scrambled eggs
S Other half of shake
D Taco salad I think or burger and brocolli and cheese

Water intake 33 oz so far today my goal is 33 more before end of day!!!
We will see what tomorrows weigh in brings. I hope a drop!!
NIKI
Old 09-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

I'm melting....melllllllting....

(sorry...it reminded me of the wizard of oz...) Anyway, you were right...so far I've lost 13lbs since starting, and now for the last few days the scale has stalled, but today my pants were "falling down" and I had to tighten my belt a notch...without sucking in!!! This WOE is awesome Today I tried the clouds because lately I've needed something sweet, but I've been too lazy to make the desserts in the book, esp since the DH and DD's don't like it (even though they haven't tried it). The clouds are very good and satisfying! I agree it is so nice to have people that I can talk to about this.
Let's see, food today:
Becaf Hazelnut Cream coffee w/ heavy cream and splenda, Cream cheese pancakes (they are so easy since I have to be at work early)
S: apple
L: Spring Salad w/ cucumbers, bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing
s: raw green beans and a couple of clouds
D: stir fried chicken w/ bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, and pea pods and low carb stirfry sauce from one of Dana Carpenters books
S: decaf coffee w/ heavy cream and splenda
I didn't keep track of how many glasses of water I drank, but I'm sure it should be more...
Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by billgirl; 09-15-2008 at 10:47 PM..
Old 09-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: livinglife
Start Date: August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
In the book I'm reading, "Eat Great, Lose Weight", she gives examples of Carbo meals and Protein meals. Under Carbo Breakfasts, she suggests:
A slice of toast and No-fat cottage cheese or no-fat ricotta cheese...any kind of no-fat cheese.

BUT, I finally get it. Carbs are one category, proteins are another category. However, Dairy is allowed in both categories, but different types
of dairy. With Protein meals you can have heavy cream, butter, eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc...all the things we know you can have, with
low carb. With carbo meals, you can have fat-free cottage cheese, no-fat milk, no-fat margarine...pretty much the same items as with the protein,
but high fat with protein...no fat with carbo.
I had also read in one of her books that the reason she doesn't combine protein with carbs is because most proteins have FAT in them. It wasn't really the protein and the carb that didn't go together but the fat that was IN the protein (when combined with a carb meal) that would affect weight loss.

You will notice that fat-free cheeses, or skim milk, still have all the protein but they are ok to eat with a carb meal. Right?

I have taken that bit of information and eased up a bit on what I call a protein item and what a protein/fat food item. When I have a carb meal I look for things that are fat-free, sugar-free, chemical free (always chemical free). If I make a veggie soup, I will use fat-free Chicken broth. Or in the morning I make Steel-cut Oat Pancakes (mix prepared oatmeal with fat-free egg whites, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla in a non-stick pan. Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup).

The weight continues to come off but I also try to make sure I limit my carb meals to one every other day. But then I also include two fruit snacks on the all protein/fat/veggie days. I've learned my lesson, from doing Atkins, that there is such a thing as being too low in carbs (which is something else she mentions in her book "Slim and Sexy Forever").

Being too low in carbs and too low in calories will wreck your metabolism to the point where you are barely eating any food and it still seems impossible to lose weight!!! I learned this the hard way!!
livinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #224
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

B oopsie egg sandwich
L veggie caserole, chicken wings
S apple
D sausage casserole

gotta love those oopsies !! If you havent tried them you must...
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
I had also read in one of her books that the reason she doesn't combine protein with carbs is because most proteins have FAT in them. It wasn't really the protein and the carb that didn't go together but the fat that was IN the protein (when combined with a carb meal) that would affect weight loss.

You will notice that fat-free cheeses, or skim milk, still have all the protein but they are ok to eat with a carb meal. Right?
Yes, that's right. That really confused me when I first started doing this. But, my body must be getting used to this WOE and when I eat something wrong, I get sick. I've found that the carbs and fat together, make me sick. I'm not even craving the fatty/sugary/carby foods anymore because I know how I'll feel, if I eat them.

I really want to try those cream cheese pancakes that everyone's talking about. They sound GOOD!

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-17-2008 at 05:55 AM..
Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post

I have taken that bit of information and eased up a bit on what I call a protein item and what a protein/fat food item. When I have a carb meal I look for things that are fat-free, sugar-free, chemical free (always chemical free). If I make a veggie soup, I will use fat-free Chicken broth. Or in the morning I make Steel-cut Oat Pancakes (mix prepared oatmeal with fat-free egg whites, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla in a non-stick pan. Serve with Walden Farms pancake syrup).

The weight continues to come off but I also try to make sure I limit my carb meals to one every other day. But then I also include two fruit snacks on the all protein/fat/veggie days. I've learned my lesson, from doing Atkins, that there is such a thing as being too low in carbs (which is something else she mentions in her book "Slim and Sexy Forever").

Being too low in carbs and too low in calories will wreck your metabolism to the point where you are barely eating any food and it still seems impossible to lose weight!!! I learned this the hard way!!
(1) Yes, fat free dairy is OK to eat with carbs. Like you said, try to find low fat dairy products without artificial chemicals.

(2) I agree with you, being too low in carbs can make it impossible to lose weight, I've been there, done that. Besides the fact I have an issue with my kidney (I was born with only 1 kidney) I CANNOT be in ketosis, it's not good for my health and it will prevent me from losing. That's why I just love Suzanne's plan because I can eat carb meals using the food combining rules and still lose weight.

Keep up the good work, congrats on your weight loss!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

I have strep throat so I've been miserable the past day or so. Here's what I've been eating:

b: mock danish (made with cream cheese, 1 egg, and DaVinci sf rasp syrup)
s: protein shake
l: salad made with cheddar cheese, tomatoes and Suzanne's ranch dressing
d: burger with cheese and mayo wrapped in lettuce
s: lemon ricotta (recipe from Suzanne's dessert book)

Gotta run, my 3 yr old is calling me..
Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Sorry you're not feeling well. Strep is the worst!
Good for you to still eat well while your not feeling well.

How do you make the mock danish? That sounds good. What did you think of the lemon ricotta. I have been wanting to try some of the other desserts, but haven't taken the time yet.
Vikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
I have strep throat so I've been miserable the past day or so. Here's what I've been eating:

b: mock danish (made with cream cheese, 1 egg, and DaVinci sf rasp syrup)
s: protein shake
l: salad made with cheddar cheese, tomatoes and Suzanne's ranch dressing
d: burger with cheese and mayo wrapped in lettuce
s: lemon ricotta (recipe from Suzanne's dessert book)

Gotta run, my 3 yr old is calling me..
Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Mary,
Girl, You and your family have had it with the being sick just in the past 3 weeks. Maybe everyone will stay healthy the rest of the Fall and Winter season. I agree strep is nothing to play with. Please take care of yourself.
I have now lost 16 lbs. I started the last week of July. I then weighed 176, now I weigh 160 lbs. I am so stoked... Im off now to make some burgers for dinner, a salad with some bacon Im frying. I hope to check back in later tonite.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #230
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

SS Mary Hope you are feeling better

B oatmeal
L beef sandwich with cheese and oopsie roll
S apple
D shrimp salad oopsie roll
Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #231
Junior LCF Member

I am so darn frustrated!!! I was 203.6 today and it is really starting to bum me out. I feel good but im actually getting bigger now....clothes are getting tighter ect... I am so mad. I have no idea what is going on! I was dropping like crazy for the first week then bam I hit a wall. I walked/ran last night and walked today but I am seeing nothing and I am so pissed I just do not know what I am doing wrong. I am normally the diet expert but I can not seem to fix this this time! UGHHH!!!! I am so angry!!!
B-apple 20 min later protein shake
L-Tuna with mayo and salad with mayo and sour cream dressing
S- Grapes 20 min later cheese
Sausage
D-taco salad!!!
IM pissed and it better turn around soon I am really getting angry....tomorrow I will be eating carbs for breakfast to try and shake things up! UGH!
NIKI
Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #232
Junior LCF Member

ok I'm feeling better.....i talked to hubby...the truth is even without weight loss I feel amazing.....i had the energy to run .....thats awesome......so I really shouldn't complain cause I will never stop eating this way ..... I just hit a snag....it could be the antibiotics I'm on for a small bladder infection....it could be messing me up....i need to find a natural med. for this maybe that's the answer.....im sorry to vent....im just so darn frustrated....i think I'm going to try hard to weigh in on thursday only.....i wouldn't be so frustrated if my pants were still lose oh well. I'm sticking to it....its made my hormone pro blems and insulin problems go away and right now that's worth it......
Niki
Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Niki--I really understand your frustration. I lose weight very slowly. In fact I don't even own a scale because it literally depresses me to the point where I just want to give up. First thing I recommend is to throw your scale away, or at least put it away where you can't get to it. Second I would watch your sodium intake, you may be holding water. Third, antibiotics can definitely affect your metabolism and make you gain weight, I am dealing with that right now in fact. In addition, a woman in my Callanetics thread posted a great article on why we oftentimes don't lose weight when we're dieting via low carb. Something like we are replacing our fat cells with water which is actually heavier than fat. Eventually as long as we keep drinking lots of water, the water will be released from our cells and the scale will go down. It takes water to lose water/weight. So you might want to make a concerted effort to drink more water. Even if you're not seeing the changes on the scale right now, I'm glad you're recognizing the positives with the WOE. I am sure the weight loss will soon resume.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I am still feeling like crap. My throat hurts but I hate sugar free cough drops so I've had just a few regular sugary ones. <sigh> I can't wait to get over this sickness so I can get back to normal.

Vikki--The lemon ricotta is "OK", the recipe is simple but makes a TON, too much for just myself to eat (my dds don't like it and my dh is lactose intolerant lol). So far I've liked all of the recipes I've tried from the book. Here's how I make the "one bowl" mock danish, I found the recipe in the message boards from her website:

2 oz cream cheese
1 egg
teaspoon of DaVinci sf syrup (your choice of flavor)

Using only one bowl: Put the cream cheese in the bowl over to the side and microwave for 30 seconds. Add an egg to the center of the bowl and mix it thoroughly. Add the syrup and mix. Then gently encorporate the cream cheese, making sure to leave big chunks. Put the same bowl back in the microwave for 1 minute. Let cool a bit and enjoy straight from the same bowl. Less dishes to clean and it tastes great! I used raspberry syrup but you are free to use your imagination.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much Mary. That is very interesting and I am noticing that I am struggling to keep up with the water.... ALSO this protein shake i have been drinking today I noticed I am tired after it so maybe I should stop with it for a little bit and see if maybe thats it! Who knows. I know I just need to stick to it because I feel good.
I hope you start feeling better soon. There is nothing worse than a sore throat! Bummer.... I am also going to read up on the water thing I think that is facinating!
NIKI
Old 09-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Niki--Ok, here is the post (from Twyla "Watch-Me-Shrink"):

Why The Scales Lie

OUT OUT DAMN SCALE

By Sonya Tilley, CarbSmart Contributor

Here we go again...

How the hell does your body hold onto weight and still manage to get smaller while you are on your chosen low carb diet?!? You know the scenario: You are on Induction for two weeks, and you haven't cheated even once. You notice that your clothes fit better, that you are stepping a little livelier, and as far as you're concerned, all's right with the world.

But then you step on that evil construction of the Devil himself, the bathroom scale, and you instantly feel betrayed. The stupid thing insists that you have done nothing! Sometimes, it even states you have done less than nothing; it accuses you of cheating because it tells that you haven't lost any weight! Well, there area couple of simple explanations to help you get through this trying time.

First of all, if it is at all possible for you to do so, throw that insipid Monster Scale in the trash. Or at least put it up somewhere that it is really, REALLY inconvenient to get to so that you won't be tempted to ask it's opinion every single day of your life. Face it. If you are feeling better and your clothes are looser, do you really need the scale to tell you that you're on the right track? No! You don't! Why do you think you do it, then? I'll tell you why. The low fat diet demons have a tenacious hold on your brain. That's right, you've been brainwashed. All your life they have told you through doctors, dietitians, newspaper and magazine articles, surgeon generals and the like, that you give up X calories per day and you will lose a pound of fat. They even go on to tell you how much fat you should lose each week. In the process, they've made you dependent on the Monster Scale to gauge your progress!

What a big lie!

Even on the diets that "they" advocate, the Monster Scale does not often cooperate. You go back to the Diet Demons and demand to know why the scale does not reflect the torture you have put yourself through for a month. They immediately start backpedaling on the "give up X calories and lose a pound of fat" story, and start talking to you about water retention and muscle buildup. Sometimes, they even blame it on you with questions like, "Are you sure you counted the calories in everything you ate?" (This is delivered with a knowing little smile that makes you want to rip their knowing little face off.) Being the type that is given to blaming things on yourself, anyway, you cooperate with an answer like, "Well….." They pounce on this with "Ahhhh, well.." Then, they launch into one of their scoldings/lash/encouragement speeches.

So, get off their bandwagon, already!

Then, there's the competitive spirit. You hear about what other people have done on your chosen diet. Yes, Brian went on Atkins a year ago and lost over a hundred pounds. Yes, a hundred pounds in a year is over eight pounds a month, or 2 pounds a week, or .0119 pounds per hour….but, "Hello? You ain't Brian!" And, did Brian ever say that he lost .0119 pounds per hour? No! He said a hundred pounds in a year. This only proves he got on the scale twice; a year ago, and yesterday. Take a hint from Brian. Stay off the scale!

The second solution is to understand what is going on in your body in light of the current state of human affairs. Today, all a person has to have to eat every day is money and transportation to a grocery store or, better yet, a nice restaurant. However, your body's survival instincts have not matured in a million years. Your body still thinks you are a hunter-gatherer. Yes, in spite of a million years of evolution, your body still thinks you are going to have to go out and kill a mammoth to eat. The survival instincts with which you are going to have to come to terms are read-only memory. You can't overwrite them. Deal with it.

That said, let me tell you what happens when you lose a pound of fat. Your body has been saving this fat for that long hunting expedition you're going to have to go on to track, kill, dress and retrieve that huge animal. It keeps the fat in little pillows distributed throughout your body. When you start losing fat, it doesn't trust you to continue whatever insane path you have chosen that is causing the fat to dissipate. So, when the fat comes out of the pillow, it injects water as a "place holder." Sometimes that water actually replaces the weight of the fat it lost. Sometimes it replaces the volume.

Water weighs more than fat just like lead sinkers weigh more than feathers. If you stuff a pillow with a pound of feathers, you'll have a nice big pillow. If you stuff a pillow with a pound of lead sinkers, you'll have a nice (but rather hard and uncomfortable), small pillow. Now, let's say your body removes a pound of fat and replaces the weight with a pound of water. Your weight will stay the same, but you will be smaller. But, if your body decides to replace the lost fat by volume, that is a quite different story. Remember the great big feather pillow as compared to the tiny lead sinker pillow? Well, now think of a gallon of feathers and a gallon of lead sinkers. Try to pick up the gallon of feathers. Piece of (you'll pardon the expression) cake. Now, try to pick up the gallon of lead sinkers. Sucker's heavy, ain't it? So, you will be smaller, but you will have gained weight.

Eventually, your body makes the executive decision that you are not going to replace the fat you lost, and it lets go of the water. In the words of Danny Skaist: "When your body accepts the fact that they are no longer needed, the water will be expelled and the cells closed. This is known as the "whoosh."

What makes your body decide to replace by weight or replace by volume? I dunno. But I do know that it does not seem consistent to the casual observer. What makes your body decide that you are seriously not going to replace the fat you lost? I dunno. But now you know why it's so important to drink your water, huh? Loss of fat is inextricably related to water intake. It's more than a little foolish to go on a diet that facilitates the removal of fat and then refuse to give your body the tools it needs to do so.

Bottom Line: Stop getting on the scale and drink your water. If you stick to your plan and wait for the "whoosh," it will come.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Mary, thank you for that article. I hope you're feeling better. I struggled with strep throat at least once a year, until I got my tonsils removed...it's miserable.

Niki...I think you'll be surprised how much water weight you can gain, during certain times of the month. I've been known to gain 8-pounds of water weight, all at once. It's discouraging, but don't let it get you down.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:44 AM   #238
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm down 8 pounds as of today! Great thing is I don't really feel deprived or have a lot of cravings. I read somewhere when you crave sweets to eat a piece of cheese. Seems to satisfy me. That and sf jello with real whip cream!

As always love my oopsies. Got two muffin top pans and its so easy and quick to make a batch. For hamburgers I bake them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or good spraying of pam. Who wants a small hamburger bun? Although a homemade white castle burger sounds good!

Niki hang in there! If you look at what you are eating and everything is on plan it will kick in. Sometimes weight loss is like us.....very stubborn. Once it realizes you aren't going to change it will give in.

Mary I hope you and your family are feeling better.

MaconGaGal,
WOW 16 gone. I can't wait until I can say that!! Ohhhh and the new clothes I will fit into LOL

yesterday
B oatmeal with sf syrup
L sausage casserole
D Egg foo young
S pepperoni and cheese!

Have a GREAT weekend Everyone!!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Good Saturday Morning..

Ive been bad not coming on here and letting you all know how I have been eating. It has been sooo busy at work this week... Looks like everyone is doing great with the weightloss.. KUTGW I will be back...lol..
Old 09-21-2008, 05:48 AM   #240
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Down another 1/2 pound! 1.5 for 10. My goal this week is to reach the 10lb mark!

Yesterday
B 1 slice pizza made on a deep dish oopsie crust with fresh tomato and sausage
S sf jello with whip cream pork rinds
L fell asleep and had dinner when I woke up
D vegtable egg foo young