Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Hi everyone,

I was away for the weekend and now have been dealing with a sick 2 yr old. Lately I'm having a protein shake for breakfast; a salad for lunch; and a protein such as grilled chicken or pork chop with broccoli or sauted zucchini. For snacks I'm eating a piece of fruit. I made Suzanne's recipe for chocolate truffles (I think they are from Eat Great, Lose Weight book), I used almond extract instead of orange extract and they are sooo good! They are Level II though so I am not going overboard on them. I got lots of complements this past weekend on my weight loss, this WOE definitely works!

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
I'm definitely excited about it. But, was anyone else AFRAID to eat carbs? Man, I know I can eat a few carbo meals now...but, it scares me.
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Mary,
Im sorry you are having to deal with a sick child. I remember those days. My youngest is 14 yo and 5-5 tall. Melle, I to was very afraid to start eating the carbs. I had went so long on low carb. Im now so used to eating this way now that I dont fret about eating them. I have only read two of Suzanne s book so far. Ive been trying to get by the library to pick up one to read over the weekend. I just cant seem to get there although its only a little over a mile away.
Breakfast today I had scrambled eggs with cheeese and a piece of cheddar cheese.
Lunch I had a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing.
Snack I had 3 sticks of celery and an apple
Dinner Having BBQ chicken from the crock pot and a tiny salad with green beans..
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:12 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Mary,
What brand of protein shake are you buying? Id like to keep some on hand to use for in the morning when I dont have the time to make a breakfast. Im headed to Kroger in a bit. I will look there at theirs... Thanks.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

I have a couple different brands of protein shakes, they are: Jay Robb chocolate; Isagenix chocolate; and Designer Whey chocolate. Right now I'm using the Isagenix, mixed with water they still blend up super creamy and thick which I love. I guess you could say texture is a big deal to me LOL.

Today I was running around, taking my 2 yr old's stool samples to the local lab as well as having other tests done. (Sorry, I know TMI LOL) Poor girl has been having digestive problems (diarrhea on and off) for several months now and the doctor has her going through a number of tests to try to figure it out. I didn't have much time to eat today, basically I had a cup of decaf coffee for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch, truffles for a snack, and grilled chicken, zucchini and salad for dinner. My MIL cooked, she also made mashed potatoes and I am embarrassed to admit I had a few mouthfulls. They were "OK", I'm glad to say I don't miss them.

The hoodia I am taking is really helping to suppress my appetite. Nowadays I could probably go by with only 1 meal per day. I know it's not good to starve myself so I definitely don't try to skip meals. But I could see how someone on hoodia could manage on very few calories per day.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
Mary,
Im sorry you are having to deal with a sick child. I remember those days. My youngest is 14 yo and 5-5 tall. Melle, I to was very afraid to start eating the carbs. I had went so long on low carb. Im now so used to eating this way now that I dont fret about eating them. I have only read two of Suzanne s book so far. Ive been trying to get by the library to pick up one to read over the weekend. I just cant seem to get there although its only a little over a mile away.
Have you heard about her new book, "Breakthrough: Eight Steps to Wellness"? I saw her on HSN and she was telling about the book. It sounds great. It will be released on September 9'th. Like I said, I work in a bookstore and we have the books already, but even we aren't allowed to get them, until the day they're released. I'm buying it the first day!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Do you really think you need hoodia?

Just so you don't over do it and make yourself sick...since I started this WOE, I have been able to control my appetite. I just time my meals so that I can have a piece of fruit in between meals...
As a matter of fact, today a guy at work brought in donuts for his birthday treat...and I'm in charge of keeping the candy bowl full at work...and it sits on my desk. I'm proud to say that I have been able to avoid all of it.
Maybe try to ease yourself off of that.

I hope your daughter is feeling better, but take care of yourself too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
I have a couple different brands of protein shakes, they are: Jay Robb chocolate; Isagenix chocolate; and Designer Whey chocolate. Right now I'm using the Isagenix, mixed with water they still blend up super creamy and thick which I love. I guess you could say texture is a big deal to me LOL.

Today I was running around, taking my 2 yr old's stool samples to the local lab as well as having other tests done. (Sorry, I know TMI LOL) Poor girl has been having digestive problems (diarrhea on and off) for several months now and the doctor has her going through a number of tests to try to figure it out. I didn't have much time to eat today, basically I had a cup of decaf coffee for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch, truffles for a snack, and grilled chicken, zucchini and salad for dinner. My MIL cooked, she also made mashed potatoes and I am embarrassed to admit I had a few mouthfulls. They were "OK", I'm glad to say I don't miss them.

The hoodia I am taking is really helping to suppress my appetite. Nowadays I could probably go by with only 1 meal per day. I know it's not good to starve myself so I definitely don't try to skip meals. But I could see how someone on hoodia could manage on very few calories per day.

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
I'm definitely excited about it. But, was anyone else AFRAID to eat carbs? Man, I know I can eat a few carbo meals now...but, it scares me.
I rarely eat carbos meals, they don't satisfy me like proteins/fats. Trying to wait 3 hours in order to switch to a protein/fat meal is TORTURE. :blush: So I just stick with what works for me which is proteins/fats.

Last edited by Mary_M; 09-05-2008 at 11:27 AM..
Old 09-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgirl View Post
Just so you don't over do it and make yourself sick...since I started this WOE, I have been able to control my appetite. I just time my meals so that I can have a piece of fruit in between meals...
As a matter of fact, today a guy at work brought in donuts for his birthday treat...and I'm in charge of keeping the candy bowl full at work...and it sits on my desk. I'm proud to say that I have been able to avoid all of it.
Maybe try to ease yourself off of that.

I hope your daughter is feeling better, but take care of yourself too!
Thanks, all of the test results are coming back "negative"... I am going to put her on pro-biotics, hopefully that will take care of it.

As far as hoodia, the hoodia I'm taking comes in a capsule with other ingredients so I'm not taking pure hoodia. It's a special supplement from a local weight loss physician. I have 3 young daughters so I too am surrounded by all sorts of things that are off-limits; I am rarely tempted either. I know low carbing is responsible... however hoodia can make you literally forget to eat. I don't plan on taking the capsules forever in fact I've already started to ease off of them (I was taking them 2x/day; now I take them once in the morning). Once the bottle is empty that will be it.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Mary,
PLease keep us all informed on what is going on with your daughter.
THey have the Jay Robs protein at kroger. I will probably go with this. I dont use it too often so it should last for a bit.
Im getting ready to go out and start mowing the lawn. It might be raining tomorrow so I cant let it sit after that rain, or Ill never get the mower through it...lol....That will be exercise for the day.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:45 AM   #161
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
Morning all,

Hope everyone had a good week. Two weeks on plan and lost 5 pounds. GREAT for me!

I'm trying to figure out if we can have canned pumpkin? I've looked through the two books I have and can't find anything. I wanted to make the sausage pumpkin soup that I remember being sooooooo good when I was doing Atkins.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Have a great week-end all and stay dry! Also, pray Ike goes far far away. I'm so tired of hurricanes!!!
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #162
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Forgot to ask.... what about flax meal? Thinking omega 3
Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Well, today is only my third day of doing this the right way. I have to tell you I am SO impressed. I think I've already lost a pound or two, but will wait about a week, to say for sure. BUT, did anyone else notice this? When it is time for me to eat, I AM HUNGRY! I mean really hungry! I don't get hungry between meals, but when it's time to eat, I'm ready to eat. When I wake-up in the mornings, I am hungry. I have never been one to eat as soon as I get up in the mornings, but now I do.

The only thing I can think of, is that my meals are actually digesting correctly, so that when it's time to eat, my body knows it's time.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #164
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Melle,

It's been two weeks for me now and I have lost 5 pounds. Thats 2.5 per week. I don't want to lose faster than that! I have charted my weight every morning around the same time. I have to remind myself sometimes to eat! Then when I start eating I realize I was hungry......I love this way of eating because I can have my carb meal if I want and that takes away all cravings for me.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Im having more trouble right now with not being hungry. I guess that could be a good thing but we need to make sure to eat.. I got up this AM made me some egg salad and couldnt eat but a few bites.. I will try again later... The last time I had something to eat was at 9PM last nite.
Im really concerned about IKE too. HE is a real scary one. Everyone keep safe.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Sorry - flax is not legal, and neither is pumpkin, according to Suzanne's books.

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:43 AM   #167
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks Cary I was afraid of that.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRedhead View Post
Morning all,

Hope everyone had a good week. Two weeks on plan and lost 5 pounds. GREAT for me!

I'm trying to figure out if we can have canned pumpkin? I've looked through the two books I have and can't find anything. I wanted to make the sausage pumpkin soup that I remember being sooooooo good when I was doing Atkins.

Have a great week-end all and stay dry! Also, pray Ike goes far far away. I'm so tired of hurricanes!!!
Five pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME, Congrats!!!

Some of us are sharing our daily menu (when we get the chance), it can really help the rest of us get ideas of what to eat. Would you mind sharing what you're eating, too?

Here's what I had yesterday:

b: cream cheese pancakes
s: protein shake
l: salad with mixed lettuce and MIL's garden tomatoes--YUM!!
d: 2 hamburger patties with lettuce, mayo and hot sauce

Hope everyone is staying safe, away from the hurricanes!!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #169
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Wasn't feeling well this am so didn't eat anything. Was afraid it would come back up. TMI. Lunch tried to eat leftover beef stirfry but could only tolerate a couple of bites. Dinner.... roasted eggplant with green and red bell peppers, onions and a little parm cheese. along with green eggs and ham.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:27 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
Five pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME, Congrats!!!

Some of us are sharing our daily menu (when we get the chance), it can really help the rest of us get ideas of what to eat. Would you mind sharing what you're eating, too?

Here's what I had yesterday:

b: cream cheese pancakes
s: protein shake
l: salad with mixed lettuce and MIL's garden tomatoes--YUM!!
d: 2 hamburger patties with lettuce, mayo and hot sauce

Hope everyone is staying safe, away from the hurricanes!!
Yesterday, I had an egg-cream for breakfast and coffee with heavy cream. For lunch I had Shredded Wheat with a little bit of grapenuts and skim milk. Snack...sugar-free chai latte with skim milk. Taco Salad for dinner (it was yummy)!

I am certain that I've already lost a couple of pounds...in less than a week! My scales aren't digital, so I'd say probably 2 or 3 pounds.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #171
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

What is an egg cream?

breakfast: Made oopsies!! had one with a little butter
Lunch/early dinner: parm wings, salad, celery, blue cheese dessert: oopsie cream puff
snack: will have an apple later tonight

IF you haven't made the oopsies DO SO. They are soooooo good. Going to make them for tomorrow nights dinner......fish sandwich!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Oopsies are the BEST!!!!!!!!!

Well, school has been in for a week and I'm getting more in the 'groove' again... so I'm hoping to be here at least daily!!!!

I, too, made Oopsies yesterday. I wish I had another muffin top pan so I could make a double batch. Think I'm gonna check eBay.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheese and some leftover ham, sauteed zucchini in butter, decaf coffee.

Lunch: Oopsies, 2, made into a sandwich with the last of the ham, mayo and a slice of American cheese and some leftover garlic green beans.

Snack: Oopsie with a little butter and some cinnamon/Stevia sprinkled on. YUMMMM!!!!!

Supper: Steak, broiled, with sauteed mushrooms and onions, and stir fried veggies. I made roasted potatoes for the kids/hubby, and wasn't even tempted!!!! (Of course I had them clean up after supper, because that's when I have weakness - it's easy to snitch a bite when putting stuff away.)

This morning: A pear, then 1/2 hour later a cucumber, RyVita whole wheat crackers, fat free cottage cheese and decaf.

Lunch: Oopsie sandwich with leftover sliced kielbasa, cheese and a smidge of mayo, and pork rinds. I know - no veggie, but I was eating 'on the go' and steamed broccoli just isn't that portable!!! LOL

Not sure what is for supper. I have had a major killer headache for two days, and spent a lot lying down today. The hubby/kids went to Wal-Mart for me and stocked up on chicken, ground beef, cream and eggs. I'll stop at the roadside market tomorrow for veggies.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What is an egg cream?
Here are two of the gazillion threads about eggcreams. Watch out, though...they're addictive. Honestly, at one point I was doing nothing but drinking eggcreams. I didn't want anything else. I finally made myself start eating, and now I just drink them for a quick breakfast. I won't allow myself to have them after breakfast.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...m-recipes.html
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...challenge.html

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-07-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Old 09-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Hi all,

Now I am dealing with a sick 6 year old. She contracted her first cold of the new school year. At least my 2 year old is getting much better, let's keep our fingers crossed the diahrrea is gone for good. She has already been going #1 on the potty for 2 months, but the diahrrea was preventing #2 training. I think it's working itself out, YIPPEE!

Cary--I bought my muffin top trays from Crate & Barrel. THey were on sale to boot.

I used to enjoy egg creams... until I got the flu around Easter time and I got sick over them. It was terrible, I couldn't eat my regular low carb favorites for several months after that sickness and still cannot eat some of them. Maybe I'll give it another go to see if I can stomach them.

I would make oopsies frequently, if it weren't for the fact you're using sooo many egg whites. What do you do with all of those left-over yolks??
Old 09-08-2008, 03:15 AM   #175
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

What do you do with all of those left-over yolks??[/QUOTE]

You use the yolks. Mix egg yolks with cream cheese. In seperate bowl beat eggs whites with cream of tarter. Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture...walla......delish
Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Yep - you use the entire egg. There are no leftovers!!!!!

I'm going to make enough to last me this week (I hope!) today. I figure if I can just keep myself to one "sandwich" a day then I can get by with two batches (6 at a time). But I really do enjoy the cinnamon/Stevia/smear of butter ones for a mid day snack. I used to be SUCH a toast addict!!!!!!! It's always been one of my go-to carbs when I wanted a 'pick me up' (that I now realize is only a quick fix before the drop!).

I'll check those muffin top pans out - thanks!!!!! Y'know, I never really did ever use mine for muffin tops... LOL.... oopsies are the only things I've ever made out of them. Oh yeah, and large chocolate chip cookies once!!!

Cary
Old 09-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Mary,
You poor thing. You need one of us to come up there and get you a rest so you can get outta the house for a bit? I only have to children. My SIL has 5 children. I seems like she has a child sick all the time. One each week. I know its probably not so. You are very strong to be able to stick to your way of eating in the mid of the sickness and frustration of having a sick little one.. Now just take care of yourself and Dont get sick...
Old 09-08-2008, 05:09 PM   #178
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Menu today

B small slice of broccoli quiche
L leftover eggplant bake, chicken wings
D oopsie fish sandwich yummy and garden salad

I'm thinking sausage gravy over oopsies!! Maybe for Sunday brunch.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Today I had
Breakfast 2 scrambled eggs with mexican cheese sauce
Lunch taco salad
Dinner 1.5 hamburger patties with cheese and mayo and mustard a big salad
Snack celery stick and cucumbers with ranch dressing.
apple at bedtime
Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
OH THAT SOUNDS GOOD!

Share the recipe and between us maybe we can figure out if it is legal!

Quote:
Morning all,

billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote