Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Wow, in some respects our lives are so different! Most days I spend at home. It's just too hard to go out with 3 little ones (ages 6-1/2, 4-1/2 and almost 3). Especially since my youngest dd is in the "terrible 2s" -- is moody and has no patience -- and tends to fall asleep when she's in the car. I NEVER go to the mall, maybe 3 times a year. I go grocery shopping MAYBE once a week; sometimes once every 2 or 3 weeks. If I need to buy anything that I can't find in the local grocery stores or Walmart or Sams, I order it online. Once in a while I'll treat myself to Starbucks (the one with the drive- thru). I do take my dds to cheer practice or dance classes, but I'm not really doing much besides being a taxi driver. I envy people who can freely go out and do anything "leisurely" -- if I do manage to get out of the house without the kids, I'm on the clock, racing to get home to relieve my mother-in-law from watching the kids (she has less patience than my 2 yr old LOL). SIGH. Someday I'll have a life!!

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #122
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
Hey y'all just started SS last Friday. Lost 2 pounds so far! I'm looking for a group to join. Maybe we can share favorite recipes. How many of us are there? I'm looking for the cream cheese pancakes........anyone have the recipe? I don't see it in the two books I have.
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Don't wish it away...

I have 2 DD's...both can be challenging, but now they are 14 and 11...and they don't need me so much anymore... Sometimes it's nice, but I miss when they wanted me more...sometimes... Someday...I know it's hard to believe now...you'll miss all that...or most of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
Wow, in some respects our lives are so different! Most days I spend at home. It's just too hard to go out with 3 little ones (ages 6-1/2, 4-1/2 and almost 3). Especially since my youngest dd is in the "terrible 2s" -- is moody and has no patience -- and tends to fall asleep when she's in the car. I NEVER go to the mall, maybe 3 times a year. I go grocery shopping MAYBE once a week; sometimes once every 2 or 3 weeks. If I need to buy anything that I can't find in the local grocery stores or Walmart or Sams, I order it online. Once in a while I'll treat myself to Starbucks (the one with the drive- thru). I do take my dds to cheer practice or dance classes, but I'm not really doing much besides being a taxi driver. I envy people who can freely go out and do anything "leisurely" -- if I do manage to get out of the house without the kids, I'm on the clock, racing to get home to relieve my mother-in-law from watching the kids (she has less patience than my 2 yr old LOL). SIGH. Someday I'll have a life!!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Cream Cheese Pancakes

Here they are! This is out of the Fast & Easy Book. I love this book, there is also a pizza recipe with a crust made similarly to the pancakes.

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
4 eggs, separated
1/2 tsp. SomerSweet (or 2 tsp of Splenda)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Butter, for the griddle

Syrup:
2 tsp. SomerSweet ( or just under a quarter cup of Splenda)
1/2 Stick Butter, Melted
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon

In a medium bowl, mix together Cream cheese, egg yolks, SomerSweet, and cinnamon until well blended.

In another bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture.

Heat a griddle to medium heat. Dollop about 1/3 c. of the batter onto the buttered griddle. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook other side to a golden brown, adding butter to the griddle as needed.

To make the SomerSweet Syrup:
Mix SomerSweet with melted butter until dissolved. Stir in cinnamon and pour over pancakes.

Enjoy!!

I love the idea of a recipe exchange, or at the very least, recommendations as to which recipes you really like. There are so many, and I have the pickiest family, so I have to make sure the recipes I try are good, or I lose them at the statement "legal for me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRedhead View Post
Hey y'all just started SS last Friday. Lost 2 pounds so far! I'm looking for a group to join. Maybe we can share favorite recipes. How many of us are there? I'm looking for the cream cheese pancakes........anyone have the recipe? I don't see it in the two books I have.

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Oopsies...

Does anyone know? What are Oopsies? Are they SS legal? I asked someone before, but never got a reply. If anyone knows about these and how to make them (if they're legal) I'd love the recipe.
Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Oopsies are SOOOOOOOO yummy - and legal!!!!!!!

I'm going to give you the article site to the gal that "oopsed" them. They're originally from Atkins, the Revolution rolls, but she made a mistake, and "oops!" - they turned out GREAT!!!

Low Carb Examiner: Make your own beef jerky

Cleo is a BIG poster on here - and here is the thread her oopsies are on!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...buns-more.html

There are a TON of things you can do with them. Enjoy!!!!

(and yes, they're EASY to make - so don't feel intimdated!!!!!)

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Hello All....I was searching the net for info about this plan and found this.... Is this pretty much it...?? My book is in the garage in one of the many boxes....but this looks like the plan as I remember it... It's been a long time since I did it though.... The print is very large, I just cut and pasted it... Here is the liink....A Weight Loss Adventure

With this plan you are doing Food Seperation or Combining which ever you want to call it. I call it seperating. Some call it combining. The major idea is to not each carbs and Proteins/fats together.
This is not to be considered a diet....It is a Way Of Eating! Its a lifestyle that can live with you and you will love it.

Somersize Food Groups
Proteins/Fats: include Meats, Chicken, Fish, Butter, Cheese and Cream
Veggies: including all low starch vegetables
Carbos: Including Whole-Grain Carbohydrates and Non Fat Dairy Products
Fruits: Including most of your favorites

[COLOR=#6600cc]Basic Rules: [/COLOR]

Rule #1: Eliminate all Funky Foods
Rule #2: Eat Fruit Alone on an empty Stomach. Either 20 minutes before a carb meal or one hour before a Protein meal or 2 hours after your last meal.
Rule #3: Eat Protein/Fats with Veggies
Rule #4: Eat Carbos with Veggies
Rule #5: Keep Pro/Fats seperate from Carbos
Rule #6: Wait 3 hours between Meals if switching from Pro/Fats to Carbos and vise versa
Rule #7: Dont Skip meals!
Eat at least 3 meals a day and eat until you are feel satisfied and comfortably full
Plus: Drink Eight 8 oz. Glasses of water a day

Eliminate

It is essential to Eliminate all foods that cause your insulin levels to fluctuate too much.
These include things like white sugar and Flour and are called Funky Foods. Avoid the following catergories:
Sugars: White sugar, Brown Sugar, Raw Sugar, Corn syrup, High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Sucrose, Molasses, Honey, Maple Syrup, Beet and Carrots
Starches: Acorn Squash, Bananas, Butternut squash, Corn, Hubbard Squash, Parsnips, Potatoes, Pumpkin, Sweet Potatoes, White Flour, White Rice, Yams.

Alternatives to white flour include: Whole wheat, Pumpernickel, Rye, Amaranth, Spelt, Farro, Kamut.
Alternatives to white rice: Brown rice, Wild Rice
Caffeine and Alcohol: Beer, Wine, Hard Liquor, Caffeinated Tea, sodas and coffee, Cocoa.

Bad Combo Foods: Avacoado, Coconut, Liver, Nuts, Olives, Soy, Low fat or whole Fat (dairy)
These contain protein and fat and carbs.

Seperate
Proteins/Fats: include Meats, Chicken, Fish, Butter, Cheese and Cream
Any of the foods from the Pro/Fat groups can be eaten together or in combination with Veggies.
Carbos: Including Whole-Grain Carbohydrates and Non Fat Dairy Products
These provide fiber and roughage necessary for the digestive system.Eat Plant source. Enjoy Complex Carbs like whole grain Pasta and Cereals.
Any foods in the Carbo group can be eaten together or in combination with Veggies.
Veggies: including all low starch vegetables and Low on the Glycemic Index.
Green Beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower, artichokes, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and more. These also provide roughage for our digestive system.
Any Foods in the Veggies Group can be eaten together. And they can be eaten with the Pro/Fat group or the Carbo Group.
Fruits: Including most of your favorites. these are a great source of fiber and help the digestive tract moving.
Any foods in the fruits group can be eaten together.
Free Foods: These can be combined with Pro/Fats, Veggies or Carbos because they do not conflict with any of the foods groups.
These include: Soy Saouce, Vinegar, Mustards, Herbs and spices. As well as Lemons and Limes and SomerSweet!

[COLOR=#330099]Meals Level 1: [/COLOR]

Breakfast:
Meal #1: Fruit Meal
Fruit Smoothie with peaches, Raspberries, Strawberries and juice
Fuit Salad with melon, grapes and oranges
Piece of fruit or bowl of fruit
To Drink: Decaf coffee or tea Black sweetened with somersweet
Meal #2: Carbo Meal
Whole Wheat Toast with nonfat Cottage Cheese and Tomato
Rye Bagel with monfat Ricotta Cheese
Fat Free Wheat Tortilla with Black Beans and Salsa
To Drink: Decaf coffee or tea Black sweetened with somersweet
Meal #3: Fruit, Wait 20 mintues Carbo meal
Melon, Wait 20 min, Oatmeal with Nonfat Milk
Fruit Salad, Wait 20 min, Toast with Cottage cheese and cinnamon
Pineapple Slices, Wait 20 min, Puffed Wheat Cereal with FF Milk
To Drink: Decaf coffee or tea with nonfat milk and sweetened with somersweet
Meal #4: Pro/Fat and Veggie Meal
Omlette with Zucchini, Swiss cheese, mushrooms and sour cream.
Fried egg and Bacon with side of Tomotes
Eggs Florentine with Ham, cheese and spinach
To Drink: Decaf coffee or tea with Cream and sweetened with somersweet

Lunch or Dinner
Meal #1: Pro/Fat and Veggies
Cobb Salad with lettuce, chicken, bacon, egg, tomato, blue cheese, green onions and full fat surgar free Dressing
Taco Salad with lettuce, shredded Beef, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, salsa, onions and sour cream.
Hamburger patty with cheese, onions Green salad with cherry tomatoes and Blue cheese
Rotisserie chicken and Steamed Broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce
To Drink: Water, mineral water, Somersize drinks, decaf tea with cream

Meal #2: Carbo and Veggies Meal
Brown rice with Soy sauce and Stamed Veggies Green salad with a splash of vinegar
Whole wheat pasta with tomoto, basil and garlic sauce Artichoke with a splash of lemon.
Whole Wheat Pita with hummus, baba ghanoush, lettuce and tomato
To Drink: Water, mineral water, Somersize drinks, decaf tea with non fat milk
Meal #3: Single Food Group Meal
This one is very flexible. all fruit or all veggies all carbs or Protein. But use this one occasionally.

Water
Drink eight 8 oz. Glasses of water. The more water you drink, the Faster you will lose weight!
Don't drink during meals though. Water will dilute the digestive juices and slow down the digestion process.
Decaf Coffee, Iced Teas and Somersize drinks do count towords your daily intake. So Drink up!

Don't Cheat

This level is where we are trying to empty the sugar stored in our cells and heal our metabolism. Any cheats will throw off our balance.

I also found this question and answer thread.... Suzanne Somers FAQ

TJ
235/[COLOR=red]215[/COLOR]/135
Goals for this Month...1. Drink 96 ounces of water a day. 2. Exercise 3 days a week. 3. Eat at BMR at least 3 days week!

Last edited by skeeweeaka; 08-27-2008 at 09:57 PM..
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
WOW.
That is a lot of information. Im favorite placing it also.. I have had several people ask me how Im losing my weight. I might print this off and take it with me..
I see a couple of new faces here also. WELCOME.
Today ive had so far Fried eggs with cheddar cheese on top.
Lunch I had a fatita salad at work.
Dinner will be some tomatoe hamurger concoction I make up....lol...
I had an apple for a snack also..
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Hi,

Today I had:

b: 2 eggs and bacon; decaf coffee w/hvy crm
l: cobb salad w/chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, tomatoes on mixed lettuce greens
d: bbq ribs, sauted zucchini
s: suzanne's ganache recipe

I made cupcakes for my dds and for the icing made Suzanne's ganache recipe--it is SO good! I had a couple teaspoons of it for a snack.

I'm going through another stall, I have no idea why. I think I will try drinking my coffee without the cream, maybe the cream is the culprit. It's discouraging not to see any changes when you try so hard, KWIM?

By the way, this is how I make cream cheese pancakes for myself; it makes a batch for one person:

2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp splenda or somersweet (can vary depending on how sweet you want them)
dash of cinnamon

Warm cream cheese in microwave for about 20 seconds. Add eggs and blend thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and fry in pan with a little oil. Makes about 3 pancakes.

I personally don't find the need to add extra syrup or anything else; they are yummy as-is. Sometimes when I'm super hungry I'll also fry a sausage patty or a couple sausage links and wrap a pancake around them--MMMMM!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #130
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Thanks so much for the recipe.

Today official weigh in for me. First week 2 pound loss. I think it would have been more but my sodium intake has been way up this week eating this way. Getting used to things I may have made a mistake or two with the timing between meals. 2nd week I am going to try and count my sodium and see if that makes a difference.

Guess I need to measure myself and keep track of that too! My pants are already feeling a little less tight!! That's a good thing.

Wishing a good week-end to all.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Hello all,
I m just Melting although it is time for TOM to come for a visit. Ive really been having to fight hard not to eat something bad the past few days. Ill be back later to put in what I have ate today.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Here is what Ive had today. FF yogurt with some davini vanilla syrup and oatmeal mixed in... Lunch I had egg salad with 2 eggs. Dinner Im having two hamburgers with sauteed onions, salsa and sour cream on it. Possibly a small salad. Snack I had half and apple this morning and I will have a peach tonite 3 hours after my dinner..
Old 08-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Are you aware that mixing yogurt and oatmeal is "illegal"??? NOT criticizing, just checking to make sure. I'm SO for people succeeding on this WOE.

I'm not sure you're eating enough veggies, either - but you know what works for your body.

Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
Here is what Ive had today. FF yogurt with some davini vanilla syrup and oatmeal mixed in... Lunch I had egg salad with 2 eggs. Dinner Im having two hamburgers with sauteed onions, salsa and sour cream on it. Possibly a small salad. Snack I had half and apple this morning and I will have a peach tonite 3 hours after my dinner..
Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

OOOPS....lol ITs tasty though..... I wouldnt think it would be any different than putting FF cottage cheese on your toast or bread or sugar free cereal with FF milk... Please let me know what the difference is? Im confused...
Old 08-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

I stand corrected!!!!! You're RIGHT!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... guess I wasn't thinking too much, was I, before I answered? I'll have to be more careful when reading posts. I honestly can't say what I WAS thinking, but it's completely legal.

Enjoy guilt free - and I'm sorry if I caused any alarm!

Cary

Quote:
OOOPS....lol ITs tasty though..... I wouldnt think it would be any different than putting FF cottage cheese on your toast or bread or sugar free cereal with FF milk... Please let me know what the difference is? Im confused...
Old 09-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Oh Cary,
You scared me soo badly. I waited til I seen again if you had commented...lol Well, now Im going to go fix me some of this wonderful concoction and enjoy...lol.. I actually slept late this morning. I had been up off and on all nite watching what was happening with the hurricane in Louisanna. Oh yes, I agree, I do need to up my veggies. I usually do have more than I have been having for the past couple of weeks...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #137
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Can anyone tell me if we can have sugar free cookies? If we can how do we combine it? I'm thinking NOT because there is fat and carbs. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:52 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Id say no also. One good reason would be because of the white wheat flour.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

If the ingredients mix things like carbs and fats, then no, sorry, it's not legal.

If you're craving cookies, you're still craving sweets. I know that one thing I do is just not eat ANY desserts or anything, other than flavored whipped cream, because it keeps me in the mentality of eating things like that. It's those kinds of things - cookies, chips, etc - that dieters seek a replacement for, but those foods are exactly how they got overweight in the first place!!!!

I know it's no fun - but mostly concentrate on your proteins and veggies. Eat healthily.

Cary

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if we can have sugar free cookies? If we can how do we combine it? I'm thinking NOT because there is fat and carbs. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
I've been on this board, since April. I haven't been posting lately, because I've been so involved in my new job...at a Book Store, of all places. Well, two of the books that I purchased at work, are Suzanne Somers books. I am fascinated with them, and want to eventually get all of her books.

I am SO excited, about this thread. I recently got the book "Eat Great, Lose Weight", and also got "Ageless". I haven't even opened "Ageless", because I'm still trying to figure-out EGLW. Man, have I got questions. I'm subscribing to this thread, and I also found the SS Discussion Board. I'm going to read all I can, on this thread and the other board, and then see if I still have questions.

Right now, I'm so confused about the "carbo" meals. I do not understand why she suggests toast and no-fat cheese, for breakfast. After all, bread is definitely a "carbo", and isn't cheese a "protein"? If it is, why is she mixing it with toast (carbo)?

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-01-2008 at 08:13 PM..
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #141
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi Melle and welcome.

I too am new to this way of eating. In the past I have done Atkins however I have to tell you in my opinion SS is the BEST way to eat.

It is my understanding she has cheese under pro-fats. Because it is fat free you can have it with your toast. If it has fat in it you cannot mix it with carbs. So when you eat carbs NO protein or Fat. When you eat protein or Fat No Carbs. It can be a little confusing at first but within a few days you will get the hang of it. Then stand back and watch it melt off!! I've been on this way of eating 12 days now and lost 4 1/2 pounds which is GREAT for me. The best part is I can have shredded wheat for dinner if I want to!!

Sweeweeka posted guidelines above check it out and ask lots of questions.

Good luck and hope to see you here again.

Last edited by LCRedhead; 09-02-2008 at 01:36 AM..
Old 09-02-2008, 05:15 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Sweeweeka posted guidelines above check it out and ask lots of questions.

Good luck and hope to see you here again.
Thanks! I went to the FAQ that Sweeweeka posted, and I think I found an answer to my question. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't have tuna fish with my carbo meals, since it has no fat. Although this question/answer involves egg whites, I think it also applies to tuna:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne Somers in her FAQ
Egg Whites

There has been a lot of discussion about egg whites. They are categorized as Pro/Fats; but because they are fat free, many people have asked if they can also be included with Carbos. My customer service staff recently sent me an email from a confused Somersizer. Here is the information I dictated to her to pass along.

Many foods contain combinations of protein, fat and carbohydrates, which cause some confusion when it comes to categorizing. For example, beans are known as a high protein food; yet because they contain a lot of carbohydrates and no fat, we catergorize them as Carbos. That is why in the "What's the Deal with Dairy" section of the Somersize books, I wrote, "we include products with protein as long as they do not contain fat." It should say, "we include many products with protein as long as they do not contain any fat."

Here's the low-down on egg whites. I did not include egg whites in the Carbos group, or as Free Foods. Technically, they probably would not cause much of an imbalance, but adding egg whites to the Carbos group will encourage people to eat more Carbos meals for lunch and dinner. As you know, eating too many carbs, even the right kind of carbs, will slow your weight loss. I recommend Pro/Fats for lunch and dinner on a regular basis. If people could eat a fat-free egg white omelette with vegetables and whole wheat toast, they may choose that over a Cheese and Vegetable Omelette and a salad with dressing. The Pro/Fat meal is a much better Somersizing option because it satisfies your appetite and gives your body all the healthy proteins and fats it needs. In addition, it will not cause a significant insulin response. The fat-free egg white meal, combined with Carbos, would create an insulin response and your body would not get the protein and fat that is essential to your good health.

I know what you're thinking, "Man, if I could eat egg whites with Carbos I could make Vegetable Fried Rice for lunch and French Whole Wheat Toast, etc." I don't want you to figure out more ways to eat Carbos meals! You'll be healthier and thinner if you make those Carbos meals an exception rather than a rule. That being said, will it completely throw you off if you add egg whites to a Carbo meal every now and then? I doubt it. As always, use your own body as a guide. I'm sure the next letter will ask, "What about fat-free chicken broth?" You can apply the same reasoning.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Remember that Suzanne combines proteins and fats in the same category, so you can't combine carbos with proteins OR fats. Regular cheese would be a fat (and technically protein, too).

I'm not sure where in the book that she "suggests" no-fat cheese. She says it CAN be eaten but she also cautions big time about no-fat cheese - WAY too many chemicals added to get that 'fatty' flavor.

Cottage cheese is different, and I do eat non-fat cottage cheese processed in a food processor to make it creamy, add a bit of Stevia and cinnamon and have a 'danish' of sorts occasionally. Not often - I don't want to get used to eating sweet carbs again! (That's part of the reason I'm as heavy as I am!)

Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle View Post
Right now, I'm so confused about the "carbo" meals. I do not understand why she suggests toast and no-fat cheese, for breakfast. After all, bread is definitely a "carbo", and isn't cheese a "protein"? If it is, why is she mixing it with toast (carbo)?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Tuna is a protein (meat). On Level 1, proteins cannot be eaten with carbos - therefore, no tuna sandwiches.

"I couldn't figure out why I couldn't have tuna fish with my carbo meals, since it has no fat."
Old 09-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Hey all,
I hope all are well. I had today for breakfast my FF Sf plain yougurt with the davinci vanilla syrup and oatmeal. Lunch I had a salad at work with ranch dressing. Dinner I had crockpot chicken and some green beans. I now eating my apple for a snack before bed... Has anyone else noticed that they are sleeping much better since they started this program? I know I sleep much better now. I have also noticed that I havent had the trouble with my legs (RLS) at all since I started this. I must have had some thing that I was missing from my diet.
Have a great hump day tomorrow. Oh yes. I got my 40 minute walk in today also...
Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Yeah!

I've been looking for the info, because I heard how good these are, so I have to try them!!! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
Oopsies are SOOOOOOOO yummy - and legal!!!!!!!

I'm going to give you the article site to the gal that "oopsed" them. They're originally from Atkins, the Revolution rolls, but she made a mistake, and "oops!" - they turned out GREAT!!!

Low Carb Examiner: Make your own beef jerky

Cleo is a BIG poster on here - and here is the thread her oopsies are on!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...buns-more.html

There are a TON of things you can do with them. Enjoy!!!!

(and yes, they're EASY to make - so don't feel intimdated!!!!!)

Cary
Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Cream Cheese Pancakes for 1

I forgot to mention, that since I make a full batch, they freeze great!!! I wrap them in parchment paper and put them in a zip lock bag and that way all week long all I have to do is warm them in the microwave and I have a quick easy breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
Hi,

Today I had:

b: 2 eggs and bacon; decaf coffee w/hvy crm
l: cobb salad w/chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, tomatoes on mixed lettuce greens
d: bbq ribs, sauted zucchini
s: suzanne's ganache recipe

I made cupcakes for my dds and for the icing made Suzanne's ganache recipe--it is SO good! I had a couple teaspoons of it for a snack.

I'm going through another stall, I have no idea why. I think I will try drinking my coffee without the cream, maybe the cream is the culprit. It's discouraging not to see any changes when you try so hard, KWIM?

By the way, this is how I make cream cheese pancakes for myself; it makes a batch for one person:

2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp splenda or somersweet (can vary depending on how sweet you want them)
dash of cinnamon

Warm cream cheese in microwave for about 20 seconds. Add eggs and blend thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and fry in pan with a little oil. Makes about 3 pancakes.

I personally don't find the need to add extra syrup or anything else; they are yummy as-is. Sometimes when I'm super hungry I'll also fry a sausage patty or a couple sausage links and wrap a pancake around them--MMMMM!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

something satisfying...

This is from my Atkins days, but I took a brick of cream cheese, and an 8oz ctn of cream and mixed them together and added a little vanilla, SomerSweet to taste, (or sugar free jello to flavor). It is so rich and creamy and satisfying when I really want to have something sweet and feel like cheating, it stops me from doing something I'd regret later.

Quote:
Hello all,
I m just Melting although it is time for TOM to come for a visit. Ive really been having to fight hard not to eat something bad the past few days. Ill be back later to put in what I have ate today.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Carbo meal

I think it was fat free cream cheese, not cheese...I could be wrong, but I think that was what I saw.

Quote:
Remember that Suzanne combines proteins and fats in the same category, so you can't combine carbos with proteins OR fats. Regular cheese would be a fat (and technically protein, too).

I'm not sure where in the book that she "suggests" no-fat cheese. She says it CAN be eaten but she also cautions big time about no-fat cheese - WAY too many chemicals added to get that 'fatty' flavor.

Cottage cheese is different, and I do eat non-fat cottage cheese processed in a food processor to make it creamy, add a bit of Stevia and cinnamon and have a 'danish' of sorts occasionally. Not often - I don't want to get used to eating sweet carbs again! (That's part of the reason I'm as heavy as I am!)

Cary
Old 09-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

In the book I'm reading, "Eat Great, Lose Weight", she gives examples of Carbo meals and Protein meals. Under Carbo Breakfasts, she suggests:
A slice of toast and No-fat cottage cheese or no-fat ricotta cheese...any kind of no-fat cheese.

BUT, I finally get it. Carbs are one category, proteins are another category. However, Dairy is allowed in both categories, but different types
of dairy. With Protein meals you can have heavy cream, butter, eggs, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc...all the things we know you can have, with
low carb. With carbo meals, you can have fat-free cottage cheese, no-fat milk, no-fat margarine...pretty much the same items as with the protein,
but high fat with protein...no fat with carbo.

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 09-02-2008 at 10:39 PM..