Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Great advice Cary!! Donna, you CAN do this, take one day at a time. This way of eating takes a little time as far as preparing food, but it is delicious and so worth it when you lose the weight. Celebrate your success in non-food ways like for every # lbs get new makeup, a new hair style, nails done, etc. Feel proud of yourself for your accomplishments, you deserve it!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Ok, here's what I ate yesterday:

b: cream cheese pancakes
l: Salad with chicken, cheese, tomatoes, cukes and blue cheese dressing
s: Cheeries
d: steakum wraps (steakum, provolone cheese, lettuce and mayo), broccoli
s: 2 pcs of dark chocolate

Ok, I had more chocolate. :blush: I think maybe the cheeries are raising my sugar levels and making me crave it. But it's the special chocolate that has vitamins and flavinoids and relatively low in carbs after you deduct the fiber... so I guess it's not *too* bad of a cheat. I am going to pass on the cheeries to see if I still have cravings. THe good news is I had more energy when doing Callanetics, I was able to hold up my arms throughout the entire Cardio routine again. That's great news for me!

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
What I have had today so far and what Ill be eating...
BReakfast 2 eggs fried with cheddar cheese of top.
Lunch taco making without the shell.Minus the lettuce
Snack a Peach
Dinner Big salad with tomatoe, onion, celery, cheese,bacon, and ranch dressing.
Another snack with maybe be some FF plain yougart with some oats stirred in. with some splenda to sweeten

I hope all of you are doing well. I hope we can add some more people to come over to our way of eating. I know this is a help to some of them that are considering it.
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #94
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mimi51
Stats: 280/280/180
WOE: somersize
Start Date: 8/10/08
Thank you Cary & Mary M, I was talking to a friend at work today. She has taken water aerobics before and she said she would be happy to come over a few eveings a week and show me some excercies in the water. Nobody is here in the evenings, so no one will see us, were going to wear shorts and tee shirts. lol Im really excited about this, I have thought about doing water aerobics for years now but didn't really know what to do. she said that they used water noodles. I told her I could'nt have noodles I was on Susanne Somers program. lol I went to wal mart when I got off work and bought us each a water noodle. enough about me, How are you doing? Thanks so much, both you and mary.
mimi51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 05:16 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Is our little thread dying here? Did you do another one I havent found? I cant wait til next week to go weigh at the Drs office.
What I have had to eat today was
Breakfast was eggs and cheddar cheese.
Lunch was taco salad minus the bowl or shell.
Snack FF plain yogurt with oats sprinkled in it with some splenda
Dinner hamburger with sour cream, salsa, and cheese on top. Minus bun.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

We went for a mini vacation over the weekend so I wasn't on the computer... I didn't exactly eat on-plan (limited resources) but I don't think I did too poorly. I went right back to my 1-1/2 hr Callanetics exercises last night, so I'm officially back into my weightloss mode.

Here's what I'm eating today:

b: decaf coffee w/hvy crm; 2 eggs w/bacon
l: salad w/cheese, hard boiled egg, bacon bits
s: nectarine
d: beanless chili
s: cheeries

Donna--What a great friend to help you with the water aerobics! You'll have to share some advice once she teaches you. We are going to be getting a pool, I may be able to actually get into it before we have to close it for the winter.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
Is our little thread dying here? Did you do another one I havent found? I cant wait til next week to go weigh at the Drs office.

NOPE!!! Let's not let it die - SS is too great!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I've not been 'here'. It's crazy. My daughter went to D.C. to pick up her friend and brought him back here for two weeks until they leave for college Wednesday. We've been shopping, organizing, and spending just a lot of family time before she leaves, and before I have to take a day off work to take her to move her/them in. It's rude, to me, to spend computer time when we have a 'guest' in the house.

We went to the beach Saturday - MMMMMM!!! - but I got a bit of a sunburn.

I'm noticing that with the stress of the last two weeks I'm finding it MENTALLY difficult to stay on plan. I know it's those emotional eating habits from before, but I'm struggling a bit to just not give in.

Inches are still doing great.

I'm eating simply - so I'd be repeating my menus. I really pretty much eat the same thing - a meat (chicken or beef), a veggie (cauliflower, green beans, broccoli or spinach, for the most part) and drinking iced tea or coffee. My carbos meals are a ww bagel or toast and some ff cottage cheese. My 'treat' is whipped cream, flavored with either Koolaid powder (no sugar of course) or flavorings.

When the kids get to school on 9-2, life will get SO much simpler!!!!!!!!! I'll be here more, then, I'm sure.

Keep on plan, ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:57 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skeeweeaka
Stats: 235/215/135
WOE: Low Carb! Alternate Day!
Start Date: March 2008! January '09 Restart!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
Hey Ya'll

I make this crust every Friday night! The EASIEST way is to use FRESH Cauliflower (not frozen) - you don't have to cook it or blanche it or anything - just place it right into the 'ol food processor - RAW!

Then it's just 1/1/1/:

1 cup grated cauliflower
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 egg
(and maybe a dash of italian seasoning or oregano)

MASH the mixture into a circle on parchment paper.

Bake it for approx 15 min then FLIP IT OVER and bake the other side too!

If you have time, make it 24 hours ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight before topping and placing under broiler. (just like Oopsies, overnight in the fridge provides a firmer texture)

I make several at once and freeze 'em!

Baking it on BOTH SIDES makes all the difference in the firm texture - enjoy!!

XO,
HB
Wow hummingbird, thanks for this tip..will use it this weekend...

TJ
skeeweeaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
I was wondering the same thing!

I was also wondering if this thread was dying. I wrote some messages and never got any replies... If there is another somersizing thread, I'd love to know...I've almost given up on this sight. I don't have a lot of time to come every day, but I've just been a little frustrated. Weight loss has been slow, but it's coming. I guess to get with the program, yesterday I ate:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs & cheese, decaf coffee w/ heavy cream and splenda
Snack: peach
Lunch: salad w/ cheese and bacon bits and SS pink goddess salad dressing
Snack: apple -- it was dinner time, but I had to go to a mtg and didn't have time for regular dinner w/ fam.
Dinner: Lettuce wraps (Dana Carpenter's 15 min low carb recipes), asian dipping sauce also from same book.

Quote:

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Today so far Ive had 2 boiled eggs with a small slice of cheddar cheese. Lunch I had tuna with mayo and splenda sweet pickles and some celery sticks. snack today was an apple. Dinner I will have more eggs scrambled with bacon .
I dont want this thread to die either. Hubby has lost 18 lbs since starting this program in 3.1 weeks ago.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today so far Ive had 2 boiled eggs with a small slice of cheddar cheese. Lunch I had tuna with mayo and splenda sweet pickles and some celery sticks. snack today was an apple. Dinner I will have more eggs scrambled with bacon .
I dont want this thread to die either. Hubby has lost 18 lbs since starting this program in 3.1 weeks ago.
Wow...I have been following your thread for a short while and you guys have made great progress, way to go... I have the book but honestly only stuck with it for a short while years ago.... I'm reconsidering it now, however! Congrats!

TJ

Last edited by skeeweeaka; 08-20-2008 at 05:15 PM..
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka View Post
Wow...I have been following your thread for a short while and you guys have made great progress, way to go... I have the book but honestly only stuck with it for a short while years ago.... I'm reconsidering it now, however! Congrats!

TJ
You know, I have known about Somersizing since 1997. I've been on and off the plan. All that time I knew in the back of my mind I am heathiest and happiest when I am following the plan. Food tastes sooo good when I'm off the sugar and white carbs! It is very satisfying. When I'm eating garbage, I'm moody and dissatisfied with the taste of everything. I tried to follow Atkins for a while there, because I got stubborn and wanted to have my nuts/peanut butter. However, I realized I do not lose weight while following Atkins. As long as I'm following Somersizing, I LOSE WEIGHT. For me, it's a no brainer. I highly encourage you to dust off the book and get a refresher on the rules. Pick out some recipes from the book or perhaps from her website and go to town! You'll be so happy you did!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:54 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mimi51
Stats: 280/280/180
WOE: somersize
Start Date: 8/10/08
Hi Mary,
I haven't beeen on the computer in a few days. however I have been sticking to plan. Except Sat. night I had a couple of margiritas, compliments of the boyfriend. I have not told him Im on a weight loss program. We went out to eat Sunday evening and I still was able to stay on plan. I had steak and ribs, a salad and steamed veggies and water with lemon. I weighed this morning and im down 4 pounds. My friend that was going to do water excersizes with me was called to jury duty this week and maybe it will last several weeks. She is so stressed over missing work with no pay. ( she is a one income faimly) I haven't said no more to her about it. I did stick my legs in the water this weekend and it was cold, we have been having some unusualy cool weather for this month of August. The month of July the water was 89 degrees, that is perfect for me. It is now down to 80 degrees, thats a big drop and pretty chilly. I don't know if the water will warm back up before time to close it. The high today was only 78 dregrees. When my kids were little I would get in the pool with them all the time. ( I wasn't as big as I am now )
mimi51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Today I had for Breakfast 2 fried eggs with cheddar cheese. Lunch I had egg salad and celery sticks and snack was an apple. Im not sure what I will be doing for Dinner. Hubby and son are having Pizza tonite. I dont think it will be eggs this time...lol..
I ready for a Melt myself. I m feeling today like Its time for TOM, but It cant be I still like two weeks.
Have Fun all. Remember to have fun because live is too short.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
You know, I have known about Somersizing since 1997. I've been on and off the plan. All that time I knew in the back of my mind I am heathiest and happiest when I am following the plan. Food tastes sooo good when I'm off the sugar and white carbs! It is very satisfying. When I'm eating garbage, I'm moody and dissatisfied with the taste of everything. I tried to follow Atkins for a while there, because I got stubborn and wanted to have my nuts/peanut butter. However, I realized I do not lose weight while following Atkins. As long as I'm following Somersizing, I LOSE WEIGHT. For me, it's a no brainer. I highly encourage you to dust off the book and get a refresher on the rules. Pick out some recipes from the book or perhaps from her website and go to town! You'll be so happy you did!
Thanks, I just might do that... I remember all of the rules originally being a little daunting, and I just wasn't ready lol....

TJ
Old 08-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies,

I'm glad we're still sticking to the plan.

I've been super busy with my littles ones... school is starting next week so we've been busy school shopping and going to the pool before it closes for the season. With all the running around, I haven't been eating all that much. Basically for the past few days this is what I've been eating:

b: decaf coffee w/hvy crm; Suzanne's cinnamon flan
l: piece of cheddar cheese or hardboiled egg
d: hamburger w/cheese, mayo and lettuce; or some other type of protein; broccoli
s: strawberries

Tonight I had 2 hamburgers :blush: they were sooo good I couldn't resist. I'm definitely getting smaller (I don't own a scale, just judge based on the mirror) because I pulled out a shirt that I haven't worn in about 5 years since it was too snug AND IT FITS! I wore it out in public!! My love handles are just about g-o-n-e. If you only knew how long I've been struggling to shrink my stomach (was looking like I was still pregnant even though dd is almost 3 :blush. It's still chunky but it's shrinking. I am elated beyond words. All I can say is Somersizing works!!!!

Keep at it ladies, you can do it!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka View Post
Thanks, I just might do that... I remember all of the rules originally being a little daunting, and I just wasn't ready lol....

TJ
TJ--GO FOR IT! The first week is tough, trying to remember what you can and cannot eat and when. Just keep your book handy for reference. Plus we're here to help if you need it.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there!

You're doing the right thing by working on your weight; for your health and happiness! Take baby steps and congratulate yourself on your progress even if it's small progress, it is still progress. You didn't gain the weight overnight, so sticking your legs in the water and just hanging out with the kids is a step in the right direction. Since your friend is unable to come, some things you can do for water exercise is to stand in the water and do kicks...the water is a natural resistance. Same with moving your arms up and down by your sides. Keep them straight out to the side and bring them up to shoulder height and down to your sides. It's a start...
Vikki
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi51 View Post
Hi Mary,
I haven't beeen on the computer in a few days. however I have been sticking to plan. Except Sat. night I had a couple of margiritas, compliments of the boyfriend. I have not told him Im on a weight loss program. We went out to eat Sunday evening and I still was able to stay on plan. I had steak and ribs, a salad and steamed veggies and water with lemon. I weighed this morning and im down 4 pounds. My friend that was going to do water excersizes with me was called to jury duty this week and maybe it will last several weeks. She is so stressed over missing work with no pay. ( she is a one income faimly) I haven't said no more to her about it. I did stick my legs in the water this weekend and it was cold, we have been having some unusualy cool weather for this month of August. The month of July the water was 89 degrees, that is perfect for me. It is now down to 80 degrees, thats a big drop and pretty chilly. I don't know if the water will warm back up before time to close it. The high today was only 78 dregrees. When my kids were little I would get in the pool with them all the time. ( I wasn't as big as I am now )
Old 08-22-2008, 09:29 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Yeah for you!!!

Woo Hoo!!!
Congrats on the "new shirt"
That is always so much fun to fit into clothes that haven't fit for a while. I've only lost about 7 lbs, and it's taken about 2 1/2 wks., and...I cheated tonight and had a Corona Lt. w/DH, so I've probably set myself back...why did I do that Anyway keep up the great work!
Vikki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
Hi ladies,

I'm glad we're still sticking to the plan.

I've been super busy with my littles ones... school is starting next week so we've been busy school shopping and going to the pool before it closes for the season. With all the running around, I haven't been eating all that much. Basically for the past few days this is what I've been eating:

b: decaf coffee w/hvy crm; Suzanne's cinnamon flan
l: piece of cheddar cheese or hardboiled egg
d: hamburger w/cheese, mayo and lettuce; or some other type of protein; broccoli

Tonight I had 2 hamburgers :blush: they were sooo good I couldn't resist. I'm definitely getting smaller (I don't own a scale, just judge based on the mirror) because I pulled out a shirt that I haven't worn in about 5 years since it was too snug AND IT FITS! I wore it out in public!! My love handles are just about g-o-n-e. If you only knew how long I've been struggling to shrink my stomach (was looking like I was still pregnant even though dd is almost 3 :blush. It's still chunky but it's shrinking. I am elated beyond words. All I can say is Somersizing works!!!!

Keep at it ladies, you can do it!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Vikki!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Hello all,
Great day to you. ITs raining like crazy here in Middle Georgia today. Im down in my back or something, Not sure what is going on with me. I continue to melt here. Im so glad I have found this program. I still havent been to the DR to weigh. I will go Tuesday or Wed. I will check then. That is if I dont chicken out. I will come back later today and put in my food for the day.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

I told you I would come back.. I had today for Breakfast. Egg salad with bacon. Lunch I had some ham roll up with cream cheese in the middle and snack I had a white peach. Dinner Hubby and I each had a large grilled chicken salad.. I want to splurge tonite with some sugar free choc pudding, but I wont I ll have an apple. I might have to have a small amount of peanut butter to add on it..
Old 08-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I want to splurge tonite with some sugar free choc pudding, but I wont I ll have an apple. I might have to have a small amount of peanut butter to add on it..
I hope you had the SF chocolate pudding - because peanut butter is a 'funky food'. That's one of the things I miss the most on SS - I love peanut butter.

Cary

(I'm still here, just SWAMPED with stuff going on at home - moving a daughter to college, getting 3 more ready for school to start, trying to get my business going and just life in general!!!)
Old 08-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

I did really well. I didnt have the chocolate pudding or the peanut butter. I just ate the apple. It was plenty sweet enough and satified my hunger. Im offically down 10 pounds. I went to the DR today had my b12 shot and got some meds for the aching back muscles.... I can now claim the loss. yipppeeee..
Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I did really well. I didnt have the chocolate pudding or the peanut butter. I just ate the apple. It was plenty sweet enough and satified my hunger. Im offically down 10 pounds. I went to the DR today had my b12 shot and got some meds for the aching back muscles.... I can now claim the loss. yipppeeee..
Great Job!

Are you going to a dr for a special weight loss program? I looked into a local program, I decided to order supplements off their website instead.

This is what I had today:

b: cream cheese pancakes; decaf coffee w/hvy crm
l: salad with tuna salad and bleu cheese dressing
d: sante fe salad (w/cheese, tomatoes, and grilled chicken) w/ranch dressing

I'm going to be super busy this week as well since my oldest dd starts first grade on Wednesday!!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:24 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Hi All

Ok...today I had the cream cheese pancakes...YUM, Hazelnut decaf coffee w/ heavy cream and splenda, Lunch a brat w/o the bun and a salad w/ cheese and bacon pieces and the pink goddess salad dressing, and for dinner we went out to eat at a place called DB's Mongolian Grill. It was so cool! You take a bowl and put different kinds of meat in (chic, steak, seafood) then add veges as many as you can (bean sprouts, water chestnuts, pea pods etc), and then you get to add sauces and seasonings (soy sauce, kung pao, jerk etc) and they stir fry everything up for you. I know the kung pao had some sugar in it, but I only used a little bit. Very satisfying!

Congrats on officially losing 10 lbs...I'm getting close, but not quite there yet!
Have a great day
Vikki
Old 08-25-2008, 02:22 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

[[/I]I did try the doctor advised weight loss program one time. I didnt lose but maybe a pound or two in one month, Plus the appetite suppressent made me sick to my stomach. Have a Great Day everyone. Im off to work in a bit.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Keep up the GREAT work ladies!!!!!!!!

I'll be back posting more in about a week. I just moved my daughter back to college and am getting the other 3 ready to start in a week. I'm TRYING to get myself organized this year, but it's not working...... <sigh>.... you'd think I'd figure it out by now.

I'm on my TOM and having CRAMPS, something I don't usually have. I feel like a wet dishrag. I'm forcing myself to go out today (it's gorgeous, and I hate cold weather, which will be coming soon enough) and get among the living. I've been in the house since Saturday morning. I just want to curl up in a ball on my bed and vegetate.

A decaf at Border's while letting my kids wander around the mall will be okay. That's not much walking around for me, and I'll be up and around. I'd rather sit at home, but that's not good for me.

Cary
Old 08-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Cary,
I know all tooo well about not wanting to get out among the living. There used to some times I wouldnt go out for 2 to 3 days, which is very strange for me. Im usually the social butterfly. I do know since I have started eating by food combining it has nt been so bad... Have a great nite...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

I don't know if you are experiencing moodiness too, but I have a GREAT remedy for the cramps and feeling that you'd like to kill someone (kids depending on the day) It's a homeopathic remedy made by Hylands company and the product is called PMS. There is also one for just cramps, it takes about 20 minutes to work and it is AMAZING! I have my teen dd take it now too...whew!! Hope this helps...feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
Keep up the GREAT work ladies!!!!!!!!

I'll be back posting more in about a week. I just moved my daughter back to college and am getting the other 3 ready to start in a week. I'm TRYING to get myself organized this year, but it's not working...... <sigh>.... you'd think I'd figure it out by now.

I'm on my TOM and having CRAMPS, something I don't usually have. I feel like a wet dishrag. I'm forcing myself to go out today (it's gorgeous, and I hate cold weather, which will be coming soon enough) and get among the living. I've been in the house since Saturday morning. I just want to curl up in a ball on my bed and vegetate.

A decaf at Border's while letting my kids wander around the mall will be okay. That's not much walking around for me, and I'll be up and around. I'd rather sit at home, but that's not good for me.

Cary