Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarblesLongGone View Post
Thinking before you eat is THE BIGGEST STEP!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY you are eating. Taste each and every bite, savoring the flavors. Enjoying it.

If you're thinking about eating something not legal, decide - is this REALLY what you want to do? Is there something else going on? Do you feel deprived, lonely, angry? Eating something that isn't good for you isn't going to do a thing to change those feelings. In fact, it will make you feel worse later, because you would have given in.

Stay strong - each and every bite!!!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
I really need to get back into the callenetics again also. I havent done them now for about 6 weeks. We went on vacation and Callenetics went on vacation. LOL. All kidding aside. Im loving this Somersizing. Anyone else have the stomach upset? I will have it at least once daily where the stomach is gruggling and churning. I need to be very close to the bathroom at this time or I will have a major accident. I guess thats part of the gastric juices working...hehehehe

Do you notice when the gurgling starts - like how long after your last meal?? Are you keeping a food diary? Maybe it happens the same time every day, or after certain foods.

Sometimes food "allergies" react this way - and cause stomach aches or bowel changes. Maybe it's just your increase in fiber - or your increase in water.

Try keeping track for a week or so, and then 'tweak' your foods to see if you can change the reaction.

Cary
Old 08-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
CC,
I really think its the addition of the brown rice and the fruit. I hadnt had much of that in a while.. I had been doing Atkins and didnt eat lots of fruit, well actually I did eat fruit but ive now doubled the fruit in a day.. I had brown rice for lunch, so far so good, no running the bathroom yet...lol..
I wanted to ask what everyone has had to eat today too. I think adding that here will help us and the others that visit this post to see what we are eating and how we are feeling.
breakfast I had FF plain yogurt with some splenda and vanilla with some oat meal sprinkled in it
lunch I had my brown rice, tomatoes with chiles and black beans.
Dinner Im doing hamburger steaks and a salad...
With bunches of water in between all day..
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Quote:
I really need to get back into the callenetics again also. I havent done them now for about 6 weeks. We went on vacation and Callenetics went on vacation. LOL. All kidding aside. Im loving this Somersizing. Anyone else have the stomach upset? I will have it at least once daily where the stomach is gruggling and churning. I need to be very close to the bathroom at this time or I will have a major accident. I guess thats part of the gastric juices working...hehehehe
I Callanetics! It's never too late to get back into it... the Callanetics Challenge thread is always there if you want to jump in for support/advice.

I have to tell you, when I follow Somersizing I rarely get stomach upset. It sounds like it's lower than your stomach though if you need to be close to the bathroom; it sounds like your colon. ?? Obviously something is not agreeing with you; I would try eliminating things to determine the culprit. Are you having any fats with your rice & veggies??
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Ok, here's what I had today:

B: decaf coffee w/heavy crm; ricotta cheese w/stevia & cinnamon
L: tuna salad (albacore tuna w/mayo) ontop lettuce greens, tomatoes and cukes
S: strawberries
D: bacon and eggs

I am also drinking a special "energy" green tea which has lots of good things for weight loss but admittedly also has a little caffeine (from guarana). It's part of a special weight loss supplementation plan that I'm just beginning to follow.

Edited to add: I'm feeling GREAT today, and I'm ready to do a little Callanetics

Last edited by Mary_M; 08-10-2008 at 07:44 PM..
Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarblesLongGone
Stats: 273/214/188 6'0"
WOE: Grain-free, sugar-free, real foods
Start Date: 2010 (I have years of weight data recorded)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
...Do you feel deprived, lonely, angry? Eating something that isn't good for you isn't going to do a thing to change those feelings. In fact, it will make you feel worse later, because you would have given in.
****** has added mood indicators, and health indicators!
MarblesLongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Did you mean to have two carbos meals? your brown rice is one, and your oatmeal is the second.

Some fruit WILL give you loose bowel movements. I know when peaches first come in season my kids will eat a ton, and then complain that they're running to the bathroom.

I usually eat whatever sounds good at the moment, and rarely anything more than basics, but I can certainly post what I eat. I snack little, so it looks like I don't eat much, but my portions are a bit larger. If I snack, I tend to just want to eat all day - having set meals is easier for me.

Cary

Quote:
CC,
I really think its the addition of the brown rice and the fruit. I hadnt had much of that in a while.. I had been doing Atkins and didnt eat lots of fruit, well actually I did eat fruit but ive now doubled the fruit in a day.. I had brown rice for lunch, so far so good, no running the bathroom yet...lol..
I wanted to ask what everyone has had to eat today too. I think adding that here will help us and the others that visit this post to see what we are eating and how we are feeling.
breakfast I had FF plain yogurt with some splenda and vanilla with some oat meal sprinkled in it
lunch I had my brown rice, tomatoes with chiles and black beans.
Dinner Im doing hamburger steaks and a salad...
With bunches of water in between all day..
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

As I said in another post, I eat simply - basic foods. I don't really get into casseroles too much, so they're made rarely.

Yesterday I had cream cheese pancakes with a bit of butter, and a dollop of sugar free syrup on one. I don't like the taste of it, though, and so I'm going to just put some maple flavoring in some butter next time. I was busy in the morning, so this was a late breakfast.

We weren't home until last night for supper, so I didn't really eat a lunch. I did have a couple of cups of decaf with some cream and one I added Splenda to so that it was like a cappuccino. (I LOVE flavored coffees and frou frou drinks!!!)

Supper was two cheeseburgers broiled and some green beans sauteed with mushrooms. After that I made some flavored whipped heavy cream for "dessert". This is my standby if I eat dessert at all and want something sweet, because it's very quick to make, the kids love it and flavor some for themselves, and it's creamy. I'm really into texture foods like that.

This morning I sauteed some zucchini in butter and had it with scrambled eggs and some Parmesan cheese. Decaf and heavy cream.

On the stove simmering right now is some cabbage and canned diced tomatoes. (A kinda takeoff of the old cabbage soup diet, only really basic). I love this combination as a side dish, and can add some water to it for a soup if I choose. We'll probably have some sort of chicken for supper with it.

I don't cook 'fancy' stuff at home. I'm a chef who really likes whole foods the way they're supposed to be. I cook for others all the great looking stuff. I do have a goal to try one Somercize recipe a week, though, to spice things up for my kids - though they tend to eat the same way I do and whatever I choose to fix is fine with them. Thank God they like Veggies!!!!!

Cary
Old 08-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

I dont have any fat with the carbs and veggies. I would love to add some meat, but Ive been very good and not added any. I really want this to work. I had two boiled eggs and a string cheese this morning. Lunch I had some chicken bites that I had sautted in butter and spices last nite with a bit of ranch dressing. I had an apple for a snack this afternoon. I had some stomach upset around 12 noon today an hour and half around eating the Lunch. I thought it was the carbs...lol.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: livinglife
Start Date: August 2008
I'm also Somersizing. I had lost 100 lbs. the first time but gained 40 back after a sad breakup (it took two years to gain it). But I am ready to get back at it. I have 160 lbs. to lose and intend to keep going until it is all off. I will do things a little differently this time around.

I will limit the amount of cheese I have in my diet not only because I probably eat WAAAYY to much but also because it has a TON of sodium in it and it slows the weight lose.

I will also try to get in a couple of fruits a day for the benefits o f fiber.Veggies have very little fiber!! My doctor made me aware of that and said to have more high fiber fruit and/or a cereal like Fiber One. He said I should have about 30 grams of fiber when on a low carb diet. I looked up the fiber in veggies and he was right!!! I would have to eat a mountain of vegetable to get 30 grams of fiber. By the way, this doctor is a endocrinologist that specializes in weight loss.

I will eat less red meat and sausage/processed luncheon meats (because of sodium). I will try to eat more chicken and fish.

What I love about Somersizing is that it fits into my life. Sometimes I go out to eat at a restaurant. When I was doing Atkins and in ketosis, if I made one little slip I paid for it for days!!! But somersizing is very effective for weight loss (as Atkins) but it is also forgiving. If I go out to eat I don't gain weight, I just stay the same. Emotionally, that makes it so much easier to resume the dieting the next day.

I too came to this sight and was looking at the Califlower pizza!!! I made it tonight and I need to use some of the tips offered to make the crust a little firmer.

All the best fellow Somersizers.
livinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I dont have any fat with the carbs and veggies. I would love to add some meat, but Ive been very good and not added any. I really want this to work.
Way to go! That is key to this way of eating, you have to let it do it's thing to get the weight loss rolling -- you have to really want it, you have to follow the rules. But the good thing is after you have followed Level I for a little while and had success (ie "In the Melt"), you can choose an "Almost Level I" meal every so often and continue to lose weight.

Quote:
I had some stomach upset around 12 noon today an hour and half around eating the Lunch. I thought it was the carbs...lol.
Are you drinking a lot of water in particular after lunch? Maybe the stomach juices are too diluted to digest your meal and thus the stomach upset. ??

Ok, here's what I had today:

b: coffee w/heavy cream; ricotta cheese w/stevia & cinnamon
l: 2 hamburger patties with mayo
s: nectarine
d: sauteed zucchini and chicken

I decided not to have the energy tea today. I am leary of the caffeine. The tea has B12 in it which is the main reason I was drinking it. However, in it's place I had a packet of vitamins which contain even more B12 so we'll see if there's any change. I really want this to work, so I am willing to give up the tea...

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Livinglife!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mimi51
Stats: 280/280/180
WOE: somersize
Start Date: 8/10/08
OK 1 day down, I did good. had eggs and sausage for breakfast, hamburger patty and cheese and fresh tomatoes.(from my garden) for lunch, and mushroom chicken for supper. I just got done scrambling eggs with onion and bell peppers for breakfast tomorrow. bought some pork rinds to snack on at work . Im finding I have to make myself eat. stomach is feeling a little upset at times. could be the ole gallbladder acting up again. what can we be drinking besides water?
mimi51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

How about decaf tea? I like to brew decaf green tea extra strong, then add lots of ice for iced tea. Sweeten with Somersweet, stevia or splenda.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:25 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member

thanks Mary, Im brewing some as we speak. I had some hot this morning instead of coffee. I sure miss the sugar, splenda is ok but not the right taste im looking for. maybe it just takes some getting use to
Old 08-13-2008, 04:50 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

My food yesterday:

2 scrambled eggs with cheese and Parmesan, some leftover zucchini

12" Subway sandwich on wheat with all veggies and vinegar

A couple of cups of decaf

Iced tea, no sugar

Kielbasa sausage, fried, with baked succhini.

I'm up .4 lbs from yesterday, but I knew I would be up a tad or the same. Any time I eat a carbos meal, I don't lose. I only eat a carbos meal about 2-3 times a week because of this. It doesn't matter what food I eat in my carbos meal - I don't lose.

Today will be a complete pro/fat day.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!

Cary
Old 08-13-2008, 04:55 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, livinglife!!!

Well, you know this WOL works!!!! That's great!

I'll just drop a word of caution about too much fruit. Yes, you need fiber - but fruit is naturally high in sugar. Natural sugar, of course. In one of Suzanne's books, she tells how her husband at a lot of fruit and gained. I know you'll do what you feels best for you - I just wanted to put that out there.

You're right about eating out - it IS easier than Atkins seems to be. The only thing I have difficulty with is that I've had decades of savoring the bread basket. Ugh. I LOVE bread.

Great to have you on board!!

Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinglife View Post
I'm also Somersizing. I had lost 100 lbs. the first time but gained 40 back after a sad breakup (it took two years to gain it). But I am ready to get back at it. I have 160 lbs. to lose and intend to keep going until it is all off. I will do things a little differently this time around.

I will limit the amount of cheese I have in my diet not only because I probably eat WAAAYY to much but also because it has a TON of sodium in it and it slows the weight lose.

I will also try to get in a couple of fruits a day for the benefits o f fiber.Veggies have very little fiber!! My doctor made me aware of that and said to have more high fiber fruit and/or a cereal like Fiber One. He said I should have about 30 grams of fiber when on a low carb diet. I looked up the fiber in veggies and he was right!!! I would have to eat a mountain of vegetable to get 30 grams of fiber. By the way, this doctor is a endocrinologist that specializes in weight loss.

I will eat less red meat and sausage/processed luncheon meats (because of sodium). I will try to eat more chicken and fish.

What I love about Somersizing is that it fits into my life. Sometimes I go out to eat at a restaurant. When I was doing Atkins and in ketosis, if I made one little slip I paid for it for days!!! But somersizing is very effective for weight loss (as Atkins) but it is also forgiving. If I go out to eat I don't gain weight, I just stay the same. Emotionally, that makes it so much easier to resume the dieting the next day.

I too came to this sight and was looking at the Califlower pizza!!! I made it tonight and I need to use some of the tips offered to make the crust a little firmer.

All the best fellow Somersizers.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
You can do it!! I think we're all kind of starting together! There are other yummy things you will find. Check the library for all of the books with recipes in! There are some amazing recipes in them!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Here's what I had yesterday:

b: decaf coffee w/hvy crm; ricotta w/cinnamon & stevia
l: cobb salad made w/leftover chicken and bacon, cheddar cheese, salad greens, tomatoes and cukes w/blue cheese dressing
s: nectarine
d: baked chicken wings, broccoli
s: Lazy man's pumpkin cheesecake
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I agree with Cary regarding the fruit. It is tricky eating lots of fruit on this plan because you have to eat it on an empty stomach (ie wait 3 hrs after eating protein/fats or carbo meal). Suzanne says that a great way to have fruit is to have a fruit smoothie first thing in the morning. (pure fruit juice + fruit and ice OR juice + frozen fruit blended in a blender) I used to do this but sort of got tired of it LOL so instead I'll have a piece of fruit in the middle of the day or sometimes at night I'll have berries after dinner. Berries create a minor imbalance because they are lower in sugar and higher in fiber than other fruits.

Besides Suzanne's awesome recipes in her books, there are also lots of great recipes on her website. The recipes are sooo good, you'll swear you're eating gourmet food!

Cary, I also agree with you on the carbo meals. I stall from them too. So while I'm following Level I, I rarely have them. Having carbos meals is how I fell off the program 2 years ago, I was ordering the muffin mixes and bread mixes and loving the taste... then I started putting butter on them which made them even more delicious... and well I went downhill from there. So for now I just stay away from carbo meals until I hit Level II, that's the safest thing for me.

I'll be posting my daily meals later on...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

What I had to eat today...
Breakie I had 2 boiled eggs with a touch of salt and lots of pepper with a small bite of cheddar cheese.
Lunch some of my black beans, brown rice and tomatoes and some celery sticks.
Snack a peach
Dinner Swamp cabbage. Yummy its like a stew.
I might make some sauted squash for a snack later tonite
Old 08-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

There is several people at work that keep telling me or asking me If I have lost weight. IT was 6 pounds a few days ago. I wont weight again til I go in for the B12 shot in two weeks.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone, looks like everone is doing pretty good. Im still hanging in there, had my scramble eggs this morning, wasnt real hungry at lunch so I just had some pig skins. for supper I had stir fry and a string cheese.

I miss my sweet tea
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi51 View Post
Hi everyone, looks like everone is doing pretty good. Im still hanging in there, had my scramble eggs this morning, wasnt real hungry at lunch so I just had some pig skins. for supper I had stir fry and a string cheese.

I miss my sweet tea

Mimi,

Careful about not eating - even when you're not hungry. Suzanne cautions not to skip ANY meals because your body goes into a starvation mode whether you feel hungry or not. If you're not eating the calories you need, your body holds onto fat just in case it doesn't get fed for a while.

You may also - JUST A SUGGESTION - eat more veggies. Can you fix some with your eggs?

I honestly - and again, this is just MY opinion - don't think you're eating enough.

How about some veggies and sour cream dip?

I DO know about not eating all day - I rarely snack because my mouth seems to stay in 'wanting to eat' mode. But I make sure I eat enough at meals.

This is all given with the best of intentions. Please don't take offense.

Cary
Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
There is several people at work that keep telling me or asking me If I have lost weight. IT was 6 pounds a few days ago. I wont weight again til I go in for the B12 shot in two weeks.

Hang on to those compliments. Even IF (not saying it's true) you don't lose many lbs, those inches are going, girl!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Doesn't it feel great to know people are seeing a difference?? It makes all the hard work and sacrifice so worth it! WAY TO GO!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Ok, here's what I ate yesterday:

b: decaf coffee w/hvy crm; cream cheese pancakes
l: salad greens with cukes and blue cheese dressing
s: cheeries
d: roasted chicken, broccoli, small salad and piece of zucchini lasagna (sliced zucchini in place of pasta noodles)
s: 2 pieces of dark chocolate

I gave in and had some chocolate, my body was really craving it so I gave in. It was delicious. I was pleasantly surprised to feel extra energy when doing my CardioCallanetics dvd, I was able to keep my arms up the entire dvd for the first time ever. It was an "ah-ha" moment, I think I will try eating something small before working out, I think I need an extra boost to help me perform better.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

The feeling good for the compliements is good . I also know now that if I keep this up I wont have to go buy larger clothes. I will have to go buy smaller ones....
Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice Cary, I have ate all day today, seems like everytime I turned around I was wanting something. I had the rest of my stir fry for breakfast, Then I had a chicken breast, string cheese, pig skins and then when I got home I fixed a BIG chef salad with greens, boiled eggs, onion, tomatoe, shredded cheese, chopped chicken and ranch dressing. I did find some splinda packets that are lemon flavored and mixed it with ice water, that kind of hit the spot. I know I need to excercise and I have an inground pool right out my patio doors that I have not been in for 5 years. ( due to my weight ) it hurts me to walk, Im just so big. I keep thinking if I can just drop 20 pounds I can start walking again. I don't even want my boyfriend to touch me, I just feel like an old toad. waah waah..... I am going to stick with this, Im tired of feeling this way.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi51 View Post
Thanks for the advice Cary, I have ate all day today, seems like everytime I turned around I was wanting something. I had the rest of my stir fry for breakfast, Then I had a chicken breast, string cheese, pig skins and then when I got home I fixed a BIG chef salad with greens, boiled eggs, onion, tomatoe, shredded cheese, chopped chicken and ranch dressing. I did find some splinda packets that are lemon flavored and mixed it with ice water, that kind of hit the spot. I know I need to excercise and I have an inground pool right out my patio doors that I have not been in for 5 years. ( due to my weight ) it hurts me to walk, Im just so big. I keep thinking if I can just drop 20 pounds I can start walking again. I don't even want my boyfriend to touch me, I just feel like an old toad. waah waah..... I am going to stick with this, Im tired of feeling this way.

GOOD!!! It's GREAT that you're "tired of feeling this way"!!!!!! So make a choice - and don't feel that way any more. That was the SO YESTERDAY you. The "NEW and IMPROVED you" doesn't!!!!!

You know what you need to do - you know how to do it. So - you've got all your tools. You've got your cheering section here (YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!) - the best in the world, I might add!!!! So you need NOTHING ELSE!!

My advice? Get in the pool!!! It's easier on the joints. Just MOVE! Tread water 10 minutes a day - because it's 10 minutes more exercise than you're doing right now!!!! Then when you feel like it, make it another 5 minutes. And another. Once you start feeling better, you'll look forward to it. A pool is GREAT exercise - loosens the joints, soothes the muscles.

Don't care what you look like in your swimsuit to anyone else!!! YOU know that the thinner you is inside - pay attention to her!!!!

Once you lose enough to walk comfortably, then add walking - but stay in the pool if you can, too. Do some arm swings, some leg swings (in circles is great for the thigh muscles, like you're drawing circles in the sand with your toes stretched out).

Another piece of advice? LET YOUR BOYFRIEND TOUCH YOU!!!! He obviously loves you - and it's NOT just physical. I don't know if you were thinner when you met or not - but really it doesn't matter. He's right there beside you NOW. Don't push him away!!!! Cuddle and feel loved.

You're NOT the number you see on the scale. You're also not the "old toad" that you feel like you are. Find the playful you inside. Invite your boyfriend to play in the pool with you!!!!

If you wait until you're thinner to let your boyfriend love you, you're really never gonna feel lovable - because how thin is "thin" to you? Are you really a number? What if you lose all you want and gain 10 lbs back? Does that make you unlovable again??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Let him love you NOW - the you that you already are. Then he can also share in the victories of you becoming thinner!!!!!

HUGS,
Cary