Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
If you make a roast, substitute turnips (peeled and quartered) for potatoes. The taste and texture is quite similar, but doesn't raise blood sugar. I was never big vege fan either, but I've been trying some different stuff. Pea pods are very good too and raw green beans...I like them better raw then cooked and they are kind of sweet. Add a little dip and voila! Hope that helps you enjoy some veges

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I know they are similar and I am just trying to find my nitch and some new recipes. I have such a hard time getting the veggies in because I don't like them. But I am trying.

The new Atkins diet is different from the old one that I new years ago.
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 PM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Hey there everyone, Good to see someone is posting. Come on over to my blog and chat. Its on the journal section here. Look for a better me one. Post to at least say hello.
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
hi everyone good to see you all here. I will do better to keep up with everyone I have not been trying very hard on my weight and I feel awful. So I am now ready to hop back on board.

Jan where is your blog?

My blog is at blogspot.com My Weight Loss Journey I started it last year when my friend and I did a weight loss challenge and I try to keep it up every once in a while. I would love to read yours.

thanks Billgirl
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
I started a challenge on one of the threads here if there is anyone who want to join here is the thread.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/le...day-weigh.html
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #815
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I was wondering if anyone is following this WOE? I am thinking of trying it again. I am trying to maintain right now and I love the flexibility of Somercizing. Maybe if I post someone will hop on and join me.

Tanya
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Yes, Tanya, I'm here!!!! (again!)

I'm the one that started this thread - a long time a go.... lol

I was off for a while, unfortunately - but have been on the last 12 weeks and am doing great!

This is the ONLY controlled carb program that works for me.... and I know someone else that this was her last ditch effort before WLS, and she lost close to 100 lbs!!!

This is really a great program - you get carbs, but in a controlled manner.

Ask away if you have any questions - ANY questions - about the program!!!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for responding! I know I will have questions. I have begun to reread my Somercize books and I need to come up with a menu plan. Do you have any suggestions? I'm going to try to read some of the previous posts and look for meal suggestions. I think I'll start Wednesday.

Tanya
Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #818
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sjpierce
Stats: 234/192.5/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 2009
I lost 43 lbs Somersizing, and then fell off when my mom died, but have only re-gained a few pounds in the last 4 years. I am jumping back on. I never did hit a stall, but I was really careful to eat phase one, only. I mostly ate fruit in the A.M. and then mostly low carb other times. I had more trouble with the carbo meals. I had a good "Whoosh" fairly quickly while on this diet, and kept losing. The best thing is that there are not limits on veggies, etc, like some other low carb plans have.

Last edited by sjpierce; 10-18-2010 at 08:16 PM..
sjpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Yay! I am so glad that others are eating this way. Tomorrow is my start day.

sjpierce- That is amazing. Four years of basically maintaining. Congrats. I am glad your jumping back on board. I can ask you questions.

Tanya
Old 10-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

I started today! I realize that I am going to miss nuts (snacks) and avocados(salads). They are funky foods. I am going to have to find something else to snack on when that afternoon hunger kicks in. It's totally mental for me. When 3:00 o'clock hits I'm looking in the cupboard. I hope everyone is eating well.

Tanya
Old 10-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #821
Senior LCF Member

I am going to go with the profats meals the first couple of weeks. Then I'll add in a carb breakfast and see how that goes...

I'm going to post my weight loss at the end of my first week. Hopefully there will be something to post!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #822
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sjpierce
Stats: 234/192.5/150
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 2009
I usually have fruit for breakfast and then on to low carb, but I had pineapple as a snack last night. I've lost 5.75 lbs in the last 2 weeks, but as always, wish it were more, but I'll take anything going the right direction.
sjpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Ugh! TOM showed up early. I was wondering why I was still feeling so bloated. If I lose anything this week I'll be thrilled. Fruit for breakfast sounds so good maybe that and then an egg breakfast...
By the way congrats on your loss. This does seem to work for you.
Have a great weekend.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #824
Senior LCF Member

TOM is murder for me.... seriously. I crave EVERYTHING.... and seem to just eat non-stop.

How did you do????

I'm really living on L2 right now - not good, since I want to be on L1, but.... we do what we have to do. At the very least, I'm eating MOSTLY legal.

I'm not losing... but I'm not gaining, either!

How's everyone else doing?????????????

Cary
Old 11-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #825
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: akatkando
Stats: 282/197.0/150
WOE: Gave up white flour/sugar later began Somersize
Start Date: Mod. Diet Jan 2009 began Somersizing mid-May 2009
Stopping by to Say Hello to Fellow Somersizers

Thought I should stop by to say hi and wish my fellow SS well!

I have been on Level One since mid-May 2009. I have hit a number of stalls, but I do not let myself get discouraged at all!

I am thrilled with every ounce that I lose and equally thrilled with this fantastic WOE. I have not had a "planned cheat or known cheat" since SS this time around and plan on keeping it that way until I reach my first goal of 150 pounds.

This past year the weight loss has been slow going; but, that is OK with me.

I was at my highest weight four-and-one-half months after my mom passed away. I lost her mid-August 2006 and at the end of December I tipped the scales at 298 pounds, so I have lost 100 pounds since that date and have lost 85 pounds since I started watching what I was eating and then switched back to SS since January 2009.

I have been teetering between 195 and 197 since October 13 and for two weeks prior to that I teetered between 192 and 194 and just prior to that from the end of August to the end of September I was at 196 to 199.

I wish I would have held at the 192 to 194 that I experienced for two weeks, but I guess my body just wasn't ready to hold at that point! I will be back there at some point in time... lol!!!

I am a mod at a lefora forum for Somersizing and that is where I do my journaling, etc., for SS. We have a few of the old-timers for Suzanne's old forum posting there.

I have never tried Atkins. My mother did Atkins back in the '80's and did well losing the "cinnamon roll" pounds that she gained after retiring and baking home-made cinnamon rolls everyday!

I started SS in the spring into fall of 2003 and lost 50 pounds in that short length of time... I was a bit younger then. I fell off the SS wagon due to some major mobility issues making it extremely difficult for me to be able to continue cooking. I, also, let myself stall out on eating Table Cream Fudge and could not break the cycle of indulging everyday... I just did not have the will power then that I now have.

For a good number of years I watched my fasting blood sugar levels continue to rise with each blood test until the test results in January 2009 put a real fear into me as they reached a reading of 128. I was on the road to diabetic medication when I finally decided that I HAD to make a major life-style change if I was going to improve my health.

I had under gone some some out-patient surgical procedures where I had nerves burned along my spinal column that helped decrease the pain levels that I experienced when standing.

Having had that done and with the aid of a kitchen stool, I once again began cooking and quit the ease of prepared, packaged foods and fast foods and was on the road to recovering my health.

Now when I cook, I cook over a several day period for as many hours as I can tolerate, pain wise, and prepare my meals a week-or-so in advance, so that way each day all I have to do is dish up and reheat the portion of the meals that need to be heated. This is what has worked for me now for a good long time.

I would like to wish everyone well with what ever plan you find works well for you. We are all on the same journey towards reclaiming a healthier life!

Cathy
akatkando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

I like your story. I'm getting back to this woe...fell off when I started my new job in April of 09...and haven't fully recovered my will power yet. You inspired me to get serious again, for my health and happiness. Good luck getting back to the 192 mark...you can do it...you did it once already. Thank you.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brunette
WOE: low carb
Hello Somersizers!

I really like this plan as well...been wanting to start up again..I have several of Suzannes books and use alot of her recipes...Did any one else hear that she has a new book coming out in December? I used to be on her old boards...but dont like the changes they made...going to facebook...Its not very active over there...and neither is the Lefora Forum.....Glad to know their are a few others still following this WOE.....

Jane
Brunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #828
Junior LCF Member

Yes, I have heard of Suzanne speak of her new book, soon to be released, when she appears on ShopNBC. I have heard her mention that it will include her new updates to Somersizing, which should be of interest to all of the SS, I would think!

A lot of us were either on her old boards or certainly did a great deal of lurking over the years. I am glad that they at least left the archives available when closing the boards. I don't care for facebook either.

The Lefora Forum is growing and it is like any other forum struggling to stay alive, people MUST be active and the forum must be found by others who are interested! We are having a fairly steady trickle of new members, which is a good thing.

Now the main thing is to keep people actively posting... others-helping-others!!!

It seems like when Suzanne got into the other facets of her research that Somersizing took a back seat, which left so many followers struggling trying to find support for their new choice in life with a new WOE.

It is always nice to see new followers stumble upon this fantastic life-style change and always fun to run across some of the old-timers that have found their way back into the SS fold!

Jane, I see that you are in the Kansas City area. I lived in Kearney, MO for 11 years during the mid-70's until the mid-80's and owned a dog grooming/pet supply shop in Gladstone during that time. I miss my old home with the three acres upon which it stood, but I don't miss the winters... lol!

I have tipped the scales for the past two days at 195.6, so maybe I am finally going to see a bit of a drop from all these many weeks spent in the 196-to-197 range... a few more days should tell the tale. I hate the stalls that go on for weeks-to-months on end and always embrace their passing...

Best wishes extended to all of you.

Cathy
Old 11-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies! So, I'm curious...what is the Lefora site? I'm terrible at posting consistently, but I am a lurker! Trying to get back to my better habits. Over the summer we were with friends on the boat etc. My best friend passed away at end of the summer (September) and I haven't fully been able to get my you know what together since. Anyway, I'm always lurking...so I'll get back in the swing of things soon I hope. Didn't hear about the new book and the updates, so I'm definately interested in that...maybe that will be my kick in the back side that I need. Eat well ladies!

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Has any one tried the protein shakes she sells?
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #831
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Joy Joy
weight loss?

I like this plan, but does any body lose weight following it?
Joy Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #832
Senior LCF Member

I like her plan too!! And plenty of people say they lose weight on it...sticking to it is key..like everthing else...

Did anyone else get a chance to read her new book yet? also noticed she has a new website that goes along with the book....and a eating plan. Its not called sommersizing though? I was just wondering about this new plan? and what its like? If its like the old plan? with maybe a few changes?

I would like to know if the new book has recipes? I have several of her books....and the recipes are great..

Anyone?

Thanks!

Jane
Old 01-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
I also would be interested in knowing about Suzanne's new eating plan.
lacie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #834
Senior LCF Member

Suzanne is supposed to be on some talk shows tomorrow...Her web site tells which ones and what times...I think it was the today show..at 8 and 10 am and Regis and Kelly..

Anyway...maybe we can get the scoop on the new plan..

Jane
Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goose1
Stats: 229/193.2/161.8/140
WOE: lchf
Start Date: Jan 02/14
I've glanced through her new book. It is fairly similar to SS. A few foods, olives, nuts, coconut, avocado and milk that isn't fat free are now okay to eat in moderation. You need to eat 3-4 carb servings a day, should be for breakfast. For me this plan wouldn't work, its too high in carbs for me.
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #836
Junior LCF Member

I received the new book two days ago and have only had time to skim through it so far two evenings of an hour each.

To clarify a bit of what Suzanne is saying regarding the consumption of carbs in quoting a passage from Sexy Forever on page 156, this is just one paragraph; and I suggest that you read-and-study the book cover-to-cover yourself to become familiar with any new updates: "Your weight loss patterns will help you determine the amount of carbohydrates you include in your daily meal plan. If you are not losing steadily, you may need to back off on the carbs. If you are losing steadily, stay within the serving amounts recommended. Each of us has a different metabolism, and you need to customize the plan to work for you. At SexyForeverPlan.com/book, we can customize a program just for you."

Therefore, when reading the above paragraph, you can see that it is not written in stone that "you need to eat 3-4 carb servings a day".

To address the question on Suzanne's Protein Drinks, I have used her vanilla in the past and currently I on hand I have the Orange Cream and Mocha Cappucino, both of which I really like. The vanilla is great in which to add extracts for flavor variations.

My cans are not labeled with the level for which those two drinks are suggested, but on her website they are listed as Almost Level One and Vanilla is Level One, I am not sure about the other flavors as I have not purchased them and did not research the levels.

In the new book on page 205 she references her Protein Bars & Shakes; and this is not a direct quote, but basically says that while on Level 1-Weight Loss keep a bar with you and that the protein shakes are so good with 20 grams of protein per serving while being low in sugar and carbs and she goes on to say to count thes products as Protein, Healthy Fats and 1 serving of carbs towards your daily intake when consuming the products.

I am anxious to be able to get to study the book so that I will be able to remember the changes off-the-top-of-my-head!

HTH,

Cathy
Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sibylle
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: HF/VLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hi there,

Would you mind if I join your message board? I have been somersizing some years ago with good success. Lost 20 pounds. Due to stress I fell back into my old (bad) eating habits and regained all and more! I would like to recommit to the "old" Somersizing Plan as I believe that up to three carb meals that Suzanne allows on the detox level of her newest book are too much for me to lose weight.

Sibylle
Sibylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #838
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sibylle
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: HF/VLC
Start Date: February 2011
Hi there,

I joined the Lefora Somersize Group - mentioned by Cathy in her message of 13 January 2011 - some days ago. I very much hope that the Lefora Forum will stay alive. But even more I wish that the LCF Somersize Forum will take the chance to revitalize. Throughout the years it provided so much valuable input from its members on a more frequent basis. I miss this very much as I believe we all could benefit from sharing our experiences and/or asking questions in our attempts to accomplish healthy weight goals. I am looking forward to your opinions!

Good luck to all!
Sibylle
Sibylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

She's BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK...................... .....................lol

I don't know why I stop this plan... it's the ONLY way for me to feel healthy, also losing weight, of course.

So - back on the wagon, for the millionth time. (Okay, I exaggerate.. but sometimes it feels that way.

I'm sticking with the "original" SS plan. I know she's updated it, but I know the old way works, so why mess with a great thing??

I also joined the Lefora group. I don't have much time to post all different places, but the way I see it - why limit myself to any resource that will help?!

There is SO much great information, support, etc. Why re-invent the wheel?

So... Day 1 is tomorrow. This is me getting ready to start tomorrow. Preparation Day.

I CAN - and WILL - do this.

Cary
"Be careful of those who imagine themselves to be on the High Road while everyone else is walking the Low. If they REALLY are on the High Road they will offer to take everyone else with them, not simply tell others they are going the wrong way"
Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #840
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbertas
Stats: 260/204/165
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 2008
Cary,
Just checking in to see if anyone still comes to this group. I was hoping so. I need to get back into Somersizing and thought this was a great place to come for support.
Lbertas is offline   Reply With Quote