Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Why do you think those plans did not work for you if you stuck to them.

I am also having trouble and I stick to it but it is not working. It has worked in the past.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Hey great to see posts!!!!!!!!

I have an unreliable computer at home - too old, too slow - so I wait until I can get to the library. I have a phone I can send from, but typing on those keys is WAY too slow!

Anyways.....

I've stuck FIRMLY since last Monday. It is "easy" because I have simply decided. I make a choice EVERY SINGLE BITE to have it be legal. I've taken control again. No one can make me eat what I don't want to.

Yes, I have choices - I've made "regular" food for my kids all week, and we have a favorite food here (movie popcorn) all the time, since my daughter's bf works there and brings it home in large garbage bags. In fact, we used to keep plastic bowls in the bag so someone (me) could just grab a bowl before plopping on the couch.

I am making food that tastes GREAT to me, so I don't feel deprived at all. I am choosing to add spices or whatever it takes to be YUMMY to me. I am CHOOSING to not eat anything that I do not want.

I have lost "only" 3.6 lbs in the last 7 days. "Only"? I don't look at it that way at all! I HAVE LOST 3.6 LBS!!!!!

There are things out of my control - TOM, cold weather that I hate to walk in, and the "SAD" that I think I have - that does affect. But - I'm not going to feel discouraged one bit!!!!

SS works! I KNOW this, as much as I know my own name. So why in the world would I play around with it, trying to "tweak" it to fit me? That would be like saying "Yes, I know my car runs when I put gas in it.... but gas is too expensive.... so I'm just going to add some water to it and hopefully it will be okay for a while" or "I don't WANT to use gas - I WANT to use Pepsi - in my car. So I will." How can I expect those to WORK?

There are foods I "can't" have right now that I like. I am NOT that weak that I cannot give them up, at least temporarily!!!!!! (Level 2 won't get here faster from cheating, so I'll continually have to put off eating them "legally").

If I was deathly allergic to popcorn, for example... would I say that I couldn't stop eating it? If it was going to make me stop breathing?

My son loves brownies. But often when they are available, they have walnuts in them. He's allergic to walnuts - they close his throat up. So - he can reluctantly bypass the brownie, knowing that it's not the last brownie he can have, and wait for the kind he CAN have! Either that, or he could try to eat around the nuts, hoping not to get one.... and then paying the consequences. Or he could say "To hell with it. I WANT THAT brownie!" and eat it, and stop breathing. Is it worth it? Not to him! He can wait until he gets one he CAN have!

I will not starve if I can't wait to eat something legal. I may WANT a taco at Taco Bell - feel I NEED it.. feel deprived without it.... but I do NOT want to pay the consequences for it any more. It is not THAT good.

I do not make resolutions, either, but I am making a COMMITTMENT.

I shall eat only legal foods. I may want the rest, but I am NOT going to give in. I CHOOSE this.

I am not directing this post at anyone at all. It is for ME. And if someone benefits, that's great. If not, sorry. I'm NOT preaching at all. I hope it's motivating.

I'm far from perfect, believe me. (and don't even want to be). So please don't take any thing personally.

Darlene (and others) asked LOTS of questions and did her best - THAT is why she lost weight. She made a committment to do so, and she did. She may or may not have been perfect - I don't know, I didn't read all the posts.... but it doesn't matter. She followed the plan, she followed the rules, and she got results!

I looked at this boards when signing in this morning. How many diets/programs/ways of eating there are!!!!!! And I thought "Ugh! Am I on the "right" one? Maybe there is one better out there?" And I laughed - to myself, since I'm at the library and have to be quiet.

There are thousands of books at this library. Some I'd like to read, some I have no interest in, and I'm sure there are those I'd disagree with for whatever reason.

Just like diet plans - there are a ton! But they only work if you work them.
I can't read any book until I take it down, open the cover, and read. Being among books isn't going to help me at all. Even holding a book won't work. I have to actively DO something. Read.

So - SS is a "book" that I know I enjoy. And I will "read" it, actively. And let everyone else have the other "books", and hope they enjoy them! If they don't, they can choose another "book". But as for me - this one is GREAT!

My two cents. Or maybe more, but what's great about the internet is we don't "have" to read everything!!! Only what we like! (grins)

Happy Monday, all.... and to me, as well.

ALL my days are "Day 1" - because I'm not going to put that stress on myself of having to be "perfect". I'm not planning on messing up. But I'm not going to punish myself in case I do.

Happily Day 1,
Cary in Ohio
"Be careful of those who imagine themselves to be on the High Road while everyone else is walking the Low. If they REALLY are on the High Road they will offer to take everyone else with them, not simply tell others they are going the wrong way"

Last edited by ChefCary; 01-11-2010 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: wrong word choice - ugh!
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ldyj
Cary, what an excellent post!

If your are preaching, you are preaching to the choir. We all know the words you wrote are so very, very true! I especially appreciated the analogy of your son and the nuts. That really struck a cord with me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such an inspiring note.

Mismissy, I think, no I KNOW, the reason was hormones. All the regular ones that women have to deal with, plus thyroid, which I think may finally be on the road to correct functioning.

When I was in my 30s, I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid. Life, being what it is, threw us a financial punch, and, having no insurance I quit buying the prescribed meds. After things straightened out again, I spoke to my doc about the thyroid issue. He ran a test, told me I didn't have a thyroid problem, and the weight battle begin.

For the last 25 years I have fought the weight battle and the battle with the doctors who insisted that, even though I had a 75-80% symptom rate (not just the weight struggle) there was no problem according to my blood test. In Dec. 2004 I had to have half my thyroid removed. Symptoms progressed, of course.

Finally about 4 months ago, my new doctor in my new town "allowed me" to try a sample of synthyroid (sic). He asked only that if I had any problems such as rapid heart beat, inability to sleep, etc., to quit taking them and to come back and see him in six weeks.

By the time I went back to see him, I had doubled the suggested dose and almost all (but not all) of my symptoms had disappeared. I told him the dosage I was taking and the results I was having. He checked my heart, told me all was good and gave me a prescription.

For the first time in at least 20 years I don't gain 10 lbs. in three days! Last year if I had gone to Guadalajara and eaten what I did this least week, I would have had a 15 lb. gain. I didn't gain anything! That IS a big thing for me.

So, I hope, hope, hope, that when I Somersize this time, I will be successful!

ldyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday all!

And Jeannette - thanks for the nice response!

Missy - do you want to post what you're eating? Sometimes it's the smallest thing that we overlook. If not, that's fine - we're here for you regardless. But SS DOES work - you know this! So maybe something else is going on.

I'm up .6 of a lb. TOM, not as active yesterday, not enough water. 2 things I can correct today, 1 that is out of my control. Eh - I can handle .6

BUT I did notice that my pants fit a tad better today - so the measurements are probably going down even though I don't see it on the scale.

I probably should take my measurements.... but I really don't like to. So I'm not going to. Weight is enough. SEEING the results is what I'm after!!!! Doesn't matter what that number on the scale says anyways.... it's how I feel and how I want to look that does!

Completely legal yesterday, though I didn't eat anything homemade but the eggs and sauteed cabbage for breakfast - and THAT might have something to do with it. I didn't eat anything processed, but often it's just that when I don't eat at home, weird things can sneak their way in. Also, because I wasn't home, not as much water as usual.

TOM is gone for the next 3 weeks (yes, I'm THAT cursed, j/k, LOL)

I'm sleeping better. Well, I'm RESTING better. I seem to have some reason I'm waking up every morning about 4 am for about 45 minutes. Don't feel stressed over it - just bugs me that I can't get back to sleep right away. Then when my alarm goes off at 6:30, I don't want to get up, as I had drifted off again.

I wish I was the type of chef that's a creator of recipes - but I'm not. I do springboard from those I find elsewhere, adding my own flair.

I have a TON of cookbooks, though (maybe close to literally!) and I read them like novels to get ideas for my business and for my family. Money being tight right now, I don't cook like I'd like to, but I often can tweak something I can afford to make it tasty.

Everyone misses recipes - me too! - from the old boards. I'll be more than glad to post recipes I find, or to look for a 'substitute' SS legal food for someone if they tell me what they're hungry for! We should NOT feel deprived!

(Now... I already know. There is no legal Level 1 substitute for popcorn. Ugh. I'll just wait until Level 2 to have that one.)

Busy day today - time to get off my butt and do stuff!

Have a great LEGAL day today!!!!!

Cary

Last edited by ChefCary; 01-12-2010 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: add something
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much I have all the books and I will pull them out to read them and yes I will post what I am eating. Maybe it will help me.

I take armour thyroid which they have stopped making in the U.S. and so I have to get it from Canada and it should be here any day. Hopefully that will also help.

Thank you so much for your help.

I want to loose 20 lbs. by May 1st.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #756
Senior LCF Member

The last couple of days have been among the strangest ever. I NEVER want bread and butter. Heck, I rarely want bread at all. But the last day or so it's like I'm possessed! I couldn't figure it out. Instead of starting my day toward my goal of weight loss and a healthier life style, I'm spreading butter on not just bread, but WHITE bread! Aghhhh

Whatever internal stress was pushing me to commit dietary suicide, it seems to have passed as I was somewhat better today (of course, all the crusty, french bread is gone, too).

Strange isn't it. . .
Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I want to loose 20 lbs. by May 1st.
Missy - just as long as you don't set yourself up to fail.

2 lbs a week is GREAT, if it happens every week - and you have 16 weeks. It IS possible. Plan for those unexpected things, though. And for plateaus - sometimes when you lose steadily, all of a sudden you'll stop for a bit to let your body catch up!

What I am learning is that the number is a number. But this week I've "only" lost 3 lbs, but I've lost INCHES! (I don't know how many - I didn't measure myself this time). I am measuring by a pair of pants that I want to get into. Every week I am putting them on to see how much better they fit!

The scale is a tool - but one of many. Try not to put all your eggs in one basket, so to speak!

Do you have a special event the first of May, or "just because"? (which is a GREAT reason!) How about getting something a size smaller than you wear now and let it be the motivation you need to keep legal!!!!!!

You - WE - can do this!

Cary
Old 01-13-2010, 10:34 AM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Do you have to have the "forbidden food" in your house?

(I know I do - I've got two kids at home and a junk-food addicted manfriend)

One thing I've done in the past - when I've had cookies at home - is to put a note on the container. "Cary - do you REALLY want this bad enough to go off plan?"

If I did - I did, and I ate it with no guilt. But at least I was CONSCIOUS of what I was doing.

Do you have anything else - a favorite legal food - that you could distract yourself with in times of craving?

I always keep heavy cream in the refrigerator. I use a smidge in my decaf tea or coffee at home. But when the cravings for "something" get too much, I'll make whipped cream, flavor it with whatever I know will work (unsweet koolaid packets are a dream for this - a pinch of the powder and a pinch of Stevia) and SAVOR it! I've also frozen a few dollops when I wanted ice cream.

Right now I'm eating a lot of pork rinds. As I think I mentioned, my dd's bf works at a theatre and brings home popcorn - my one MAJOR weakness!!!! But I've not touched the stuff in 9 days. I need something crunchy, though - and aside from cheese "crackers", this is the only legal thing I can find as a pro/fat. Thank goodness they're not very expensive!!!!!

Any other stresses in your life that might be the cause of you wanting to be in control of your food in a not-good way? Stress will do that - especially if it is things that make you feel powerless.

How is everyone else doing????????????

Cary
(who is savoring the sunshine coming through the library window - it feels SOOOOOOOOO good!!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyj View Post
The last couple of days have been among the strangest ever. I NEVER want bread and butter. Heck, I rarely want bread at all. But the last day or so it's like I'm possessed! I couldn't figure it out. Instead of starting my day toward my goal of weight loss and a healthier life style, I'm spreading butter on not just bread, but WHITE bread! Aghhhh

Whatever internal stress was pushing me to commit dietary suicide, it seems to have passed as I was somewhat better today (of course, all the crusty, french bread is gone, too).

Strange isn't it. . .
Old 01-13-2010, 03:03 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

I know for a fact that my "strange eating" was a direct cause of stress. What surprised me is that it expressed itself with white bread! Even before SSing, I never ate white bread. Back in my "hippie" days everything I ate had to be a whole food. Lots of whole grains and fresh greens (well, some were dried ). There was a time when I ground my own wheat and made my own bread. Suzanne would not have approved though, since I used natural, whole honey in it.

So why I would consume white bread.. .
Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Hmmmm, I posted yesterday about how excited I am because my long dreamed for remodel project is well underway, but for some reason it isn't showing up. So I'm posting this as a test to see if it will.

And, I ask, where is everyone? I'm going to continue to post no matter because I don't want to see yet another Somersizing board go silent!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #761
Senior LCF Member

I'm here!!!!!! Just not as much as I'd like. My laptop is no longer able to connect to the internet, and my desktop is SLOW! And I no longer work at a job where I have constant connection to the internet......... please bear with me.

I've been on two weeks this coming Monday! Inches are going, pounds are slower... but that's okay! I'm sleeping LOTS better, and I'm calmer, even with all the drama going on in my life. I can't imagine being off plan right now and having to deal with all this!!!!!!!

I dunno why you'd crave white bread. I can't stand the stuff, either - only ever have whole wheat in the house.

I'll check in when I can, but let's see MORE posting here!!!!! SS'ers need to stick together!

Cary
Old 01-18-2010, 05:31 AM   #762
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChickenJr
Stats: Pant size: 13/3/3 I made it!!
WOE: Gluten free Somersizing
Start Date: January 2009
Hi everyone! Glad to see there are Somersizers who post more reliably than I've managed to.
I'm not sure why but I feel like I need to write out my downfall and subsequent 'return' to a healthier me and what better place to do it than here, where someone may be able to learn from my mistakes or be inspired to recommit after a slip... so here goes:
When I first started SS'ing the inches dropped like crazy and lbs soon followed. A couple months into it I started walking everyday and doing a exercise tape every other night. I never consciously cheated, if I knew it was illegal I didn't eat it. I also started eating foods I never would have touched pre SS'ing. Pork rinds? You couldn't have paid me to eat those before but now I love them, lol, pork rind pancakes became a staple... I even tried to make pork rind cookies(they really weren't that bad, lol)!! It was great! I felt in control and I was seeing amazing results in what felt like no time at all.
Then my boyfriend moved back and I slowly started a downhill slide into going completely off plan. It started with ONE BITE of an oatmeal cream pie that I was feeding to my son when he suddenly decided he didn't want anymore(almost two year olds, lol) and I ate it. I don't know why... I just did. Immediately, I regretted it since I knew all along the first time I cheated would signal the beginning of the end. I stayed on plan for a long time after that but I had stopped exercising, life with BF back was too busy and unpredictable for me to exercise regularly, or so I told myself.
Around Halloween I ate a funsize Butterfinger and was in a world of hurt once real sugar hit my teeth for the first time in months, lol, you'd think that alone would have dissuaded me from cheating again... but it didn't. With Christmas approaching and myself and my boyfriend both unemployed I decided to bake cookies for everyone on my gift list. The first batch of cookies did not turn out, whoops!, and for some reason instead of throwing them out... I ate them. A WHOLE batch of oatmeal raisin cookies... Then I burnt the second batch... which was a double batch of peanut butter cookies, and ate some of those too. It wouldn't have been soo bad but I have a Gluten allergy(which SS'ing helped point out after years of going to doctors only to be told nothing was wrong), the tiniest amount destroys my stomach, sets off internal bleeding and a whole bunch of other nastiness that should deter me from indulging and did deter me for a long time, just not long enough, lol.
After that I sort of waved my white flag and ate whatever I wanted; cookies, cake, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, lots and lots of candy, french fries, pudding, pizza, bread sticks... Ugh, I was eating food I don't even like just to eat it. My BF tried to stop me, bless his heart, to no avail. I had decided that if I was going to eat food that made me sick I was going to eat food I really liked, lol, so I went out and got two buffalo chicken sandwiches and inhaled them. Within twenty minutes I felt dizzy, nauseous... we had just gotten over a stomach bug a few days before and I honestly thought I must have contracted it again, somehow, and was preparing myself for another 24 hours of vomiting among other things.
When I realized it was the gluten binging that caused me to feel that horrible I committed to a 5 day fruit and veggie detox I started the day after Christmas. Eating gluten causes me to crave it so I hoped that detoxing would get it out of my system faster so I could start SS'ing again. So far, it's worked. I did have half a banana one day when my son wouldn't finish it and I had convinced myself I deserved some trail mix a week or so ago but compared to where I was, I don't feel bad about it. I feel healthier, my clothes fit (again). I've started doing Callanetics everyday, which I LOVE and recommend to anyone and everyone. After doing the tape 5 times my thighs stopped touching!! Crazy!
My 1 year Somersizing anniversary is around the 25th. I may have made some mistakes and set myself back but I'm still in a better place than if I had never started.
In conclusion, stay away from oatmeal cream pies and butterfingers. And always try to be proud of yourself, even if you can only be proud of the fact your making an effort. I think it's when we let doubt and criticism sneak in that makes it so easy to return to our old, unhealthy eating habits.
Good luck and lots of willpower wishes to you all. I'll try to get back here more regularly. Ha ha, it took me soo long to type this LCF logged me out before I could post it.

Last edited by ChickenJr; 01-18-2010 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: one giant paragraph
ChickenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: worldlove
Stats: 5' 6" 175 (12/14)/147.4(7/8)/135-139 (5/6)
WOE: Lower Carb Pescatarian/Clean Eating
@ Chicken Jr- Thank you for sharing your plight! I've been there. Actually I'm there now. I always want to cheat and I haven't lost weight in months. Please keep us posted as to your progress! We CAN do this! ;-)
worldlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in to see what's up. Not much going on with me except my remodel project which is going just wonderful! I can now see my new walk in master closet. I've wanted to do this since we bought the house almost two years ago. Finally!!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Just posting in. Yesterday was my women's golf day. Rain was predicted and only 4 of us showed up. My cart mate was my good friend, Anne. Anne couldn't miss a putt. At the end of 5 holes when the rain finally ran us off, she was playing one of the best games she ever has. I came home damp and cold and about an hour later I noticed the sun was shining and there was no wind. It was no surprise to me when Anne called and wanted to know if I wanted to go back and play the other 13 holes. Sure I do! She continued to play lights out until the final 3 holes which she always lets get to her. Golf is such a mental game!! She still managed to break 100. My day will come!!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #766
Senior LCF Member

It has been blowing rain almost all day today. My remodel team (my husband and a neighbor!) quit early, but boy did they get a lot accomplished this week. They're not going to work tomorrow. We're going to meet a Lowes at 10 a.m and see if I can score a closet system that they have on clearance. Just a little bit more and it will be time to paint the guest bedroom and put the furniture back. Then we will stay in the guest room until the master is painted and the master closet is finished. It looks so-o-o-o good!

Hope everyone is having better weather than we are right now!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Hey all, I dont know if you will remember me or not. I was here some time back. I lost about 25 pounds doing this program. I have managed to keep it off also. I went back to low carb and now Im back again...lol. This is my second day back on SS. I m starving today. Ill be back. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBhere View Post
Hey all, I dont know if you will remember me or not. I was here some time back. I lost about 25 pounds doing this program. I have managed to keep it off also. I went back to low carb and now Im back again...lol. This is my second day back on SS. I m starving today. Ill be back. EAT WELL
Why are you starving??? You can eat whenever you need to eat!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Well, life has thrown me curveballs - AGAIN! I know they say God won't give you more than you can handle, but I'd had my doubts the last two weeks. Then again, I came out stronger than ever - so I guess He was just forging steel again!

I won't bore you all with the details - let's just say I'm looking forward to some calmer waters!

I've lost 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks... over and over again. The same 5 lbs.

But - my eating was erratic at best, and the stress was getting to me. Big time.

I'm planning to succeed insteading failing to plan/planning to fail as of tomorrow morning! Day 1 all over again!

I KNOW this works. I just proved it to myself - but now I need to not let every little thing get in the way. Maybe this is more of that steel -forging!

Cary
Old 01-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #770

Gallery: thisismyyear
Hi, I just logged in here because I'm very interested in joining Tops, and haven't read all the posts, but what in the world is SS eating? Sorry if it's a dumb question; just want to know what you guys are talking about!

Anyway, glad to be here, and I'll be going on-line looking for a meeting in my area.
thisismyyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #771

Gallery: thisismyyear
oops, sorry, I thought I was in the TOPs forum; I am on Somersize...now i really feel dumb...leaving for some coffee to get the brain functioning...
thisismyyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

Im doing well so far. The hungries I was having earlier where in between the 3 hours of not eating. I could have had some more rice and beans but I think we were going to out to eat or something and I wanted to have my fats meal...lol... Its close to TOM so I m not feeling much difference as far as clothes feeling looser yet. EAT WELL
Old 02-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #773
Senior LCF Member

Hi, all, good to see some activity on this board! My goal is to come to LC Friends and see Somersizing at the top of the subject lists!! Things are great on the home front. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on my remodel project. Keep on working the plan, ladies!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #774
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshine272
Stats: 212/187/145
WOE: Low carb/Whole Foods/No grains
Start Date: 6/29/2009
Hey everyone! I'm still plugging along also. So far I have lost 27 lbs. Doing good except I can't figure out once and for all which sugar substitute to use. I'm currently using whey low. I've stalled for the last month, I don't know if it is the whey low or just a stall. I was using xylitol, and losing better and feeling better, but I just couldn't get used to the tummy rumbles. What do you guys use? I only want to use something healthy, wish I liked stevia. I tried Suzanne's new somersweet, I sent it back. I also tried her protein shake and bars, they went back too. I love all her dip mixes and seasonings though!

Hope everyone is doing well
sunshine272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all,

Im happy its the weekend. Im doing well back on SS. TOM still hasnt visited me yet this month. Maybe, it has been thrown off by the change in eating. (yes it does happen). I looking to try some new recipes this time from Somersizing. What is your favorite? or do you have one? Everyone have a great weekend, EAT WELL
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #776
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Haylo7403
Hey Everyone!

Good to see some activity back on the board! I was wondering if anyone knows if any type of beef jerky is legal and if so, can you tell me what kind? Keep up the good work!
Haylo7403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #777
Senior LCF Member

I don't know of any beef jerky that doesn't have sugar in it. In the past I have made my own. As for sugars, I use a little of everything but my favorite is liquid sucralose. You have to buy it on line, however. Well, back to cleaning. Since my remodel project started the dust has been horrible! But it is looking s-o-o-o good!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #778
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshine272
Stats: 212/187/145
WOE: Low carb/Whole Foods/No grains
Start Date: 6/29/2009
Hey everyone-
Thanks ldyj, but I think I found my sugar substitute! I found a new brand of xylitol at my health food store that I mixed with stevia (as per a suggestion on another board) and no tummy rumbles! Now hopefully I will start losing again!

Chicken Jr-I am the same way, somersize no gluten. It took me awhile to figure out that gluten is what made me crave everything so bad too Hope you have noticed it is in tons of processed foods. Anything that says modified food starch, malt, etc just stay away. My new project now is I realized my kids are allergic too, so school parties are a pain to me when it should be fun.
sunshine272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamba View Post
@ Chicken Jr- Thank you for sharing your plight! I've been there. Actually I'm there now. I always want to cheat and I haven't lost weight in months. Please keep us posted as to your progress! We CAN do this! ;-)
I hope everything is going well. I haven't been on in a while. I am still having problems with my thyroid but I hope the worst is behind me. I am doing well but today the kids had parties and I had a cupcake and some chocolate gotta love it it just doesn't love me. I keep telling myselp that I am allergic to sugar but it just doesn't work very well.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #780
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all,
Im glad to see more activity here also. Ive had the day off today ,because it is our Georgia furlough day. I work for the Board of Education here. We also have snow here in Middle Georgia. I know, I know, Most of you arent the least bit excited about the mention of that word. I wont dwell on it either...lol.. Im glad to be back to SS. EAT WELL.