Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #721
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ldyj
Those were the days!

Sigh. . .
back when the old SS boards were so active and full of fun, sharing and lots of info. Not to mention the recipes!! Remember Peter! I guess Suzanne really did hold everyone together. Now that her interest lies in living forever young (anyone (rich) can do it!) Somersizers, as a group, not Somersizing as a WOL, has scattered. Too bad. But if everyone who checks in here spreads the word about this forum at every opportunity, maybe we will grow as a group as we lose as individuals! In the meantime, I'll join in the "checking in" group!

ldyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #722
Senior LCF Member

Checking in ya'all!!

As promised, I'm checking in to see if anyone else has checked in! Nothing to report actually. I still have foods left over that I will consume before I get really serious. I've been on Atkins, but like Somersizing, after the first couple pounds, I don't lose anything. I FINALLY convinced my doc that, no matter what the blood tests say, I have a underactive thyroid. He agreed to put me on a sample trial of synthyroid, and, guess what, I'm better!! Duh!! So, hopefully this time when I Somersize, I'll lose. Just giving up junk (no, not the sugary stuff, but junk just the same) I've lost 1 lb. A few days on program should take care of the bloat, then down to the serious weight loss. I do have one stumbling block in my way, my husband and I are planning a 10 day driving trip to Guatalajara over Christmas and New Years. I'll just have to do the best I can to not overdo it, but I already know I won't be able to Somersize.

O.K., it's ya'all's turn!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #723
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
well I have done this plan and I do like it. But I am not planning on getting serious about weight loss until we start the new year. Maybe this one. I am practing maintaing right now. I need to know that I can do it as well.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:44 PM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Glad to see your post, Dasiey! LCF is a great forum and if we can find others, new and from the old SS boards, we can recreate the support that Somersizers are known for!

By, the way, I wanted to clarifiy that, when I said I was better in an earlier posting after my doctor finally gave me synthyroid, I didn't mean weight loss wise. I had multiple symptoms of thyroid problems, and I don't expect that just by taking the synthyroid I'm automatically going to lose weight. In fact, I'd be concerned if that happened. But I do have hope that my metabolism will at least function better so I will at least have a chance of losing weight!

Last edited by ldyj; 12-02-2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old 12-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #725
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
I finally got my thyroid meds after 3 days of not having them I was feeling very clumsy and forgeting everything. Hopefully now it will get better. My only obsticle to get over now is giving up the Pepsis yes I am still stuggling with that. I know if I could overcome that I would be in excellent shape.

Check in later.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #726
Senior LCF Member

Pepsi

Yeah, Mismissy, we all have that "one thing." For me it's ice cream. I know I can have ice cream on SS, and I have a wonderful recipe to make my own, thanks to Terri T from the old boards. But then there's having some ice cream and having SOME ice cream, I fall into the latter!

I was so focused on the other improvements in my life with the addition of thyrpod supps., I didn't even notice my improved memory, especially when I'd forget a word when saying something! You're so right!!

J
Old 12-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #727
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: worldlove
Stats: 5' 6" 175 (12/14)/147.4(7/8)/135-139 (5/6)
WOE: Lower Carb Pescatarian/Clean Eating
Hi everyone just checking in. Everything is looking up weight wise. I have re-gained any weight and I'm actually down closer to goal. BUT in my normal fashion I'm re-complicated my life. After getting out of that INSANE relationship with that last maniac I've become a cougar on my rebound and started and about to end a relationship with a boy MANY years my junior. That rollercoaster has REALLY suppressed my appetite. LOL
worldlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #728
Senior LCF Member

Courgar

My daughter went through the "cougar" phase after her divorce. Her "young man" robbed her of every piece of jewelry she had! Be aware! But, I have to agree, young stuff will keep you on a diet!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #729
Senior LCF Member

Oh my!!!! Maybe you can teach him a few things. LOL

I'm glad things are looking up and that we heard from you. I hope thing continue to go well.

ldyj next time I go to the doc I am going to ask her to raise my thyroid back up where it used to be. I asked her before but she didn't think it was a good idea but maybe it has been long enough now she will reconsider. My poor family for having to put up with me.

Thanks for listening
Old 12-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #730
Senior LCF Member

Boy, did this week fly by! It's been a bit cold here in Rio Rico. I didn't play golf with the gals on Tuesday because it was cold, windy and raining! But we played with the couples on Saturday and I played today with my usual foursome. It started to blow before we finished though, and we all hustled for home after we were through to get toasty!

Hope everyone had a good week. What up for Christmas??
Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #731
Senior LCF Member

It's a beautiful day today in Rio Rico! In the mid-70s sunny and with no wind! I've got an appointment in an hour to get my hair cut so I thought I'd drop in and post a line or two.

On the Yahoo Somersizers board is a delightful lady by the name of Darlene. I was posting to that board the first of 2009. At that time I wanted to lose about 40 lbs and Darlene wanted to lose about 120. As of today, I still want to lose about 40 lbs. and Darlene is about 30 lbs. from her goal.

I could beat myself up and remind myself constantly that, I TOO, could be almost at goal, IF, IF, IF,. . . . but, of course, that won't get me to goal now will it!

I'm leaving next week for 10 days. We're going to Guadalajara. My short term goal is to keep my weight loss goal at 40 lbs., not make it 50! My long term goal, as soon as I return, is to TRY, TRY, TRY again.

What else is a gal to do!!
Old 12-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #732
Blabbermouth!!!

Starting 01/02/2010. I am going to TRY TRY TRY..........
Old 12-21-2009, 09:04 PM   #733
Senior LCF Member

I may not get a chance to post again until I return from Guadalajara. You all have a wonderful Christmas and a fun New Years! I know I'm going to! I've wanted to go down into Mexico for about 8 years and I'm pretty excited that the time has finally arrived!!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #734
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope you have lots of fun...MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all.....
Old 12-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #735
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Haylo7403
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the board and to SSing. My mom did it a few years ago and got amazing results so now my entire family is going to give it a try. I've spent most of my day today reading through all the threads. Everyone is so inspiring! I am not as concerned about the number on the scale as much as I am concerned about the way my clothes fit! I look forward to following everyone's progress and reporting my own. 2010 is my year for a permanent change to my WOE and WOL. Happy SSing!
Haylo7403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
just found this thread, so the boards are gone, i had it in my favorites, and checked it ---and gone, does she sell any of her food items anymore, i was a faithful watcher when she was on HSN and ordered a lot of her products--the somersweet was very good and her hot chocolate mix was delicious, wish i could get some
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:45 AM   #737
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone, it's been awhile. I am ready to do a big "re-start" on the 1st. Ready to lose and get to goal in 2010! Woot! Woot!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member

I'm right there with you my computer broke so I haven't been on in a long time. I hope everyone is doing well. I have to take it one day at a time right now. My mom was diagnosed with Cancer and my dad has alzimers and is getting worse His wife is very patient with him but he doesn't remember my kids. I hope we will get our computer running soon. Be good and eat well.

Missy
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I'm right there with you my computer broke so I haven't been on in a long time. I hope everyone is doing well. I have to take it one day at a time right now. My mom was diagnosed with Cancer and my dad has alzimers and is getting worse His wife is very patient with him but he doesn't remember my kids. I hope we will get our computer running soon. Be good and eat well.

Missy
Ohhhh! I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through so much. :-( It hurts my heart that you have to begin the new year with so much on your plate. I know these are just words but do believe that I'll keep you in my prayers! Take care!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:34 AM   #740
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyj View Post
My daughter went through the "cougar" phase after her divorce. Her "young man" robbed her of every piece of jewelry she had! Be aware! But, I have to agree, young stuff will keep you on a diet!
LOL Well, hopefully he won't rob me! That boy is FULL of energy and surfs for hours daily. He makes me more active and I'm taking swimming lessons soon with my ultimate goal to be scuba certified! :-)
Old 01-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
i see that suzannes web page is up again, if anyone wants to check it out--don't know if she has the message boards again though, havne't checked it out completely
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamba View Post
LOL Well, hopefully he won't rob me! That boy is FULL of energy and surfs for hours daily. He makes me more active and I'm taking swimming lessons soon with my ultimate goal to be scuba certified! :-)
Just wanted to stay thank you sometimes when it rains it pours and lately it has been a hurricane.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #743
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny7 View Post
i see that suzannes web page is up again, if anyone wants to check it out--don't know if she has the message boards again though, havne't checked it out completely
I am going to check that out I used to go on that all the time. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member

I checked out suzannes web site and I can't find where to go to the community. Only the old listings which is good for the recipes. If anyone know's let me know. thanks.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Nope - the boards at SS community aren't up - and from what I've heard, they aren't going to be. I dunno why I miss them.

I know I've not been here, after several committments to do otherwise... and I've also not stuck with the ONE PLAN that I KNOW works!!!!!!

I keep saying life gets in the way - and it has - but I've got to NOT LET IT!

Back on SS as of Monday afternoon.... already down 2, but I know that's water weight.

And yes - to whomever it was that posted about Darlene from the Yahoo group... I feel the SAME WAY! Though let's not let it frustrate us <I'm thrilled for her, but a bit envious as well >... let's say that THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR to do the SAME!!!!!!!!

I'll share a 'non-recipe' that I put together for Tuesday when the rest of my family had pizza. Didn't have time/energy to put together a legal crust for me, so I just did this.....

Drained a can of diced tomatoes, dumped them in a small casserole. Spiced it up with some oregano, garlic powder and a tad pinch of salt. I tossed in some meatballs that I had made the night before (legal), and then microwaved it until all warm. Then sprinkled some fresh grated Parm on the top and stuck it under the broiler.

I didn't even want the pizza - mine was delicious!!!!!!!

I need to be frugal right now, so I'm doing the eggs and hamburger thing for the most part. I'll try to post some of my "non recipes" as I create them, though.... I'm a 'by the seat of my pants' chef, and tend to make something out of nothing.... at least at home.

2010 - the year of the THIN CARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL DO THIS
"Be careful of those who imagine themselves to be on the High Road while everyone else is walking the Low. If they REALLY are on the High Road they will offer to take everyone else with them, not simply tell others they are going the wrong way"
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I'm back from Guadalajara. We had a wonderful time, and while our delightful hostess tried her best to make me the Christmas Goose, I managed to maintain and not gain anything.

I haven't started SSing yet, we just got home last night and I'm still too exhausted from my husbands "we can make it home it 2 days!" drive to make it to the market. hopefully I'll be organized and ready to go by Monday.

Unlike past years I'm not going to make the requisite New Years Resolution. I know how to Somersize and thus, even if I err, I'll just continue on. No pressure. It will work if I don't throw in the towel just because I had a beer after golf!

So, again, Happy New Year, Everyone!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #747
Senior LCF Member

I visited a bit with my neighbors last night. She is 5'1" and weighs 103. He is 6'2" and, after having lost 50+ lbs. this last year doing her version of WW, weighs about 195. He did not join WW, but she had done WW many years ago when she realized that she was 10 lbs. overweight. Gotta love her, don't ya!!

Anyway, it got me to thinking again about Darlene, my neighbor and thousands of others who were able to reach to their goals, or at least come close, while I am sitting here for the 20th time thinking this will be the year I succeed. What will make this year any different than any other for me? Or any of us, for that matter?

Discussion?
Old 01-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Last year I lost 40 lbs. and over the summer and the holidays I gained 20 of it back. I would like to think that this is the year. I have been doing ok so far and I just need to keep it up.

I am envy of those people around me that have had gastric bypass because they can't eat what they want anymore and I need to make the right choices.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #749
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyj View Post

Anyway, it got me to thinking again about Darlene, my neighbor and thousands of others who were able to reach to their goals, or at least come close, while I am sitting here for the 20th time thinking this will be the year I succeed. What will make this year any different than any other for me? Or any of us, for that matter?

Discussion?
Good topic! This year will be different for me because I have an exciting life planned full of travel, beaches and bikinis that I need to fit. I've been 10lbs shy of goal for months and I feel that the prize is reachable. I can either go forward or backward and at this point... I choose forward. I need to look good for my new life!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Mismamba, I sure wish I had your motiviation!!!

For the first time in better than 20 years I feel that I might have some success. I'm not out to break a world record for weight loss, but in the past 7-10 lbs. off and I'd quit losing, then, just quit. One year I was doing Atkins (and had only 30 lbs. to lose - now it's 50 <sigh!!>) and going to the gym every day. Now, if there's one thing I truly know how to do, it's diet! So I'm really working it - real exercise, body pump, jogging, and doing Atkins right down the line. After 3 months, nothing! I lost nothing. Once I was doing WW. I followed the plan as written. After 6 weeks I'd lost 3 lbs. I've had years and years of this type of "success." I know that any diet plan you follow works. But when you see no results at all . . . well, you get the picture.

Maybe this year.