Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #661
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: worldlove
Stats: 5' 6" 175 (12/14)/147.4(7/8)/135-139 (5/6)
WOE: Lower Carb Pescatarian/Clean Eating
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. Don't let him ruin you or keep you from your dream. If that is what he is doing he is NOT the RIGHT one for you When do you take your examine. That is so cool I haven't know anybody that is working for such a goal.

I did find out that my neice is going to fashion college in San Francisco. I am a stay at home mom which I love but I with I had a little college background but at 43 I don't know if I could handle going to college and with 4 kids I am to busy. I am also a bonehead.

Don't forget weigh in day is on Tuesday no matter what so let me know how you guys do

Thank you so much! :-) And actually I would have loved to be a stay at home mom. Even now, I would love to be a housewife... but it's not in the cards. I'm taking the February Florida bar exam (all day the 23rd and 24th). I so wish things would be calm during this study period but his presence is lethal. I don't know if I really love him or whether I'm just addicted to him. He's a pure jerk. Yesterday, he was doing his finances and counted up how much money he's spent on me for gifts and had the nerve to ask me to pay him back. I cried. That's horrible. He sucks.

I'm thinner without him I know that. He likes to eat out. And he loves bread. And is always pushing bread in my face. I hate him.

1st Goal - 150lbs
2nd Goal - 145lbs
3rd Goal -139lbs
4th Goal - 135lbs

Last edited by worldlove; 09-28-2009 at 04:46 AM..
worldlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Question:

I know we are allowed healthy carbs. Do any of you abstain from the carb meal? Do you eat a daily carb meal? Do you feel guilty about eating the carb meal? And is your carb meal usually breakfast, lunch or dinner? Thanks in advance!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #663
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
When I eat carbs I only eat them early in the day. I don't know how old you are but I read a book by Pamela Peeke once and she said after 40 your metabolizim slows down and it is best to eat them in the morning so for my carb meal in the morning I eat.

1/4 cup fiber one (the stringy stuff)
1/4 cup shredded wheat
1/2 cup cherrios
1 cup 1% milk
Whole grain or wheat toast with spray butter on it.

I do notice I am not as hungry if I eat eggs in the morning but I have a problem staying regular if I don't eat some fiber (if you know what I mean) oh and by the way I am 43.

I am also relieved that the weather is starting to cool off here tomarrow 80 today it was 98 to 100 to hot for Sept. although we don't get to much cool air till after Halloween.

ttus(talk to you soon)

Missy
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:16 AM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
I eat my carbs meals only in the morning, because otherwise I crave.... and just want to eat everything the rest of the day. If I get it out of the way in the morning, I'm BETTER!

Be careful about the fat, missy..... it's supposed to be nonfat milk and no butter with your carbs, if you're following completely on plan. I'm not sure Cheerios are legal, either....

The reason I've not started yet is because I can't be 100% legal yet... (SOON!!!!!)... and I've decided once I get back on plan it HAS to be 100% legal for it to work. no more game playing - I WANT this too much to keep falling off the wagon because of small "cheats".

My target date for starting is Thursday.... things are calming down, and I'm getting more control over myself (with regard to ex/pending divorce, etc)... and getting back on an even keel mentally. I'm walking regularly and mentally I'm doing better.

I'm gathering "ammo" - good food, good mental habits - to get back on plan the right way!!!

Cary

Quote:
When I eat carbs I only eat them early in the day. I don't know how old you are but I read a book by Pamela Peeke once and she said after 40 your metabolizim slows down and it is best to eat them in the morning so for my carb meal in the morning I eat.

1/4 cup fiber one (the stringy stuff)
1/4 cup shredded wheat
1/2 cup cherrios
1 cup 1% milk
Whole grain or wheat toast with spray butter on it.

I do notice I am not as hungry if I eat eggs in the morning but I have a problem staying regular if I don't eat some fiber (if you know what I mean) oh and by the way I am 43.

I am also relieved that the weather is starting to cool off here tomarrow 80 today it was 98 to 100 to hot for Sept. although we don't get to much cool air till after Halloween.

ttus(talk to you soon)
"Be careful of those who imagine themselves to be on the High Road while everyone else is walking the Low. If they REALLY are on the High Road they will offer to take everyone else with them, not simply tell others they are going the wrong way"
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Cherrios is the only cereal I like that is close to be legal. So I put it with the others so they won't taste so bad I also sprinkle stevia over it. I can't believe its not butter spray doesn't have any calories fat sugar carbs or anything in it for 5 squirts. Listed in the ingredients is sweet buttercream. I do try to stay on track. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I don't like alot of different stuff so sometimes it is hard to find stuff to eat.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:54 PM   #666
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cherrios is the only cereal I like that is close to be legal. So I put it with the others so they won't taste so bad I also sprinkle stevia over it. I can't believe its not butter spray doesn't have any calories fat sugar carbs or anything in it for 5 squirts. Listed in the ingredients is sweet buttercream. I do try to stay on track. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I don't like alot of different stuff so sometimes it is hard to find stuff to eat.
I want some cereal. Is it legal to eat whole wheat cereal with almond milk? Is almond milk considered a protein. I'm not a breakfast person so I usually skip it. But I would truly eat a little breakfast if I could eat some yummy cereal with almond milk. If not possible, your whole wheat toast with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray sounds good too! :-)
Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #667
Senior LCF Member

I haven't ever tried almond milk. Sounds good though.

Well I did 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday and thought I was going to die, out of breath and sweating like a pig. After I felt pretty good but it was one of the longest 45 min. ever.

I love talking to you guys, thanks for being there for me and encouraging me.

Oh I forgot I weighed yesterday even though I had a terrible weekend and only lost 1 lb. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Last edited by miscmissy; 09-30-2009 at 05:50 AM..
Old 09-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #668
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I haven't ever tried almond milk. Sounds good though.

Oh I forgot I weighed yesterday even though I had a terrible weekend and only lost 1 lb. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

1 lb!!!!!! whoooo hoooo!!!!!!!! Think of it this way - would rather LOSE 'only a pound' or gain it??!!!!!!

Almond milk is not legal, either, ladies.... sorry..... it's nuts.

The ONLY milk that is legal is non-fat.

Cary
Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #669
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cary no need to try that one. and you are right I would rather lose 1 than gain 1
Old 10-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweepthefloor
Hi all,

I am here once again. I see I had posted here some time ago. Going to give this a try again.

I started this yesterday. Hopefully, I will stick with it.

sweep
sweepthefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 AM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Well I weighed in on Tues. and I was the same which is good considering Aunt Flo and Uncle Tom is visiting. (that time of the month).

Thats ok I really stepped up my exercise this week and I actually feel better.

Hope everthing is going well with everyone, and welcome sweep!!!

I have started over so many times I lost count.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:25 AM   #672
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!!!!!

I really "start over" every single day when I am on plan.... because I don't count how many days I've been "legal".

I know that AA people often keep track of how long they've been sober/clean... but if I focus on that, I tend to focus on me "abstaining" - does that make sense?

So I take the other AA approach - one day at a time - and add 'one meal at a time, one bite at a time'

Just get me through the next 5 minutes, God....

Oh - believe me, I've got a TON of plans for the future, but I'm not in control of that. I CAN control my behaviour for 5 minutes, though. And hopefully my thoughts, and not let them get negative.

There is a lot of drama in my life right now - with my pending divorce, stuff at my day job and stuff going on with my new business.... and I feel like if I have to control my food, that's one more thing to add into the mix.

HOWEVER - I've been working on small habits, getting organized, clearing out mental and physical stuff I have no purpose for any longer, etc...

.... and I don't need this weight any more.

The weather is getting yucky, and so I'm going to check into getting a family membership at the YMCA - they have treadmills so I can walk, a nice warm pool and HOT showers afterward. It would be simple pleasures to get away from home, and DO something. And time to de-stress. It's not that expensive considering how much we spend on other family activities.... so we could just 'switch'. My kids are interested in going, too, so that's a plus! AND my two kids in college could be on the membership too, for when they're home.

I've already had a non-legal breakfast. But that's not going to stop me from having a legal lunch.

Right now. I can stay on plan. I WILL stay on plan.

One bite at a time.

Sweep - how are you doing?

Missy - no gain is a plus!!!!! Take the small battles!!!!

Cary
Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #673
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweepthefloor
Hello and thanks for the welcome,

Im finding myself to be on the crouchy side, missing my usual starches, mainly potatoes and bread.

How long before you notice/see on the scale any weight loss? I guess Im wanting it like right now.

I also find that I dont eat enough at my meals to carry me over to the next one. Im afraid to eat so much fat, or any fat for that matter. How do you stay full? I can eat only so much fruit.

What do you snack on between meals?

sweep
sweepthefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #674
Senior LCF Member

Cary I'm right along with you one meal at a time.

Sweep, I noticed about the 4th day that I wasn't bloated anymore. But I think the headaches were the worst from getting off the sugar and I actually felt sick to my stomach but once you past that you begin to feel much better. I snack because I also get to hungry

well I went to the gym yesterday with my friend and I was picking up a 15lb dumbell and tipped it over and smashed here IPHONE. Oh my I just started crying I thought to myself how on earth am I going to replace it. Well I am still working on that luckily the phone still works it is the glass that is broken so she is going to check to see if the glass can be replaced ( I hope it is cheaper) she doesn't want me to pay for it but I feel it was my fault so I told her maybe we could split the price. I feel so terrible.

This morning I woke up and put my glasses on and the earpeice fell off the metal broke so I had to go and buy new frames. I am telling you when it rains it pours.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will talk to you all soon.

things are bound to look up.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #675
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JustJessie
Stats: ?/163.5/135 (5'0"/39 yo)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/27/2014
Hello all I am basically doing Atkins but a few days ago while cleaning out my books I found a book I bought and never read Suazzane Somers Fast and Easy and I am considering switching over. So I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I am here and I am eavesdropping =) lol!
JustJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jessie I know it helps me to eat my carbs early in the day. I hope you like this way of eating and hope to hear from you soon.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cary I'm right along with you one meal at a time.

Sweep, I noticed about the 4th day that I wasn't bloated anymore. But I think the headaches were the worst from getting off the sugar and I actually felt sick to my stomach but once you past that you begin to feel much better. I snack because I also get to hungry

well I went to the gym yesterday with my friend and I was picking up a 15lb dumbell and tipped it over and smashed here IPHONE. Oh my I just started crying I thought to myself how on earth am I going to replace it. Well I am still working on that luckily the phone still works it is the glass that is broken so she is going to check to see if the glass can be replaced ( I hope it is cheaper) she doesn't want me to pay for it but I feel it was my fault so I told her maybe we could split the price. I feel so terrible.

This morning I woke up and put my glasses on and the earpeice fell off the metal broke so I had to go and buy new frames. I am telling you when it rains it pours.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will talk to you all soon.

things are bound to look up.

Awwww MiscMissy, come over here and get some of these hugs ! Man, when it rains it DOES seem to pour. I've had days like that. Days where I just want to write the day off...and go back to bed. I hope everything gets better and that the Iphone is an easy fix. :-)
Old 10-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #678
Senior LCF Member

I've been a little stressed again by that low down dirty dog of an ex-boyfriend of mine. I got on the scale and weighed about 4lbs less....but I'm not counting it quite yet because it's truly stressed induced and I haven't ate much.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:49 AM   #679
Senior LCF Member

Things are looking up. My friend got her Iphone replaced and she doesn't want me to pay so we are going to take her family to dinner which I love it when I don't have to cook.

I am so sorry that your exboyfriend is still causing you grief. Don't let him mess up what you have worked so hard for. He is not worth it and you deserve better.

I also check out the sparks people website and they are doing a challenge to lose 20 lbs. by 1/1/10. So far I suck at it I am not doing bad on eating my body just isn't cooperating. I am 43 is anyone else having a hard time with memory, anger, short fuse and just not going quit right even some of my spelling sucks.

I used to do ediets for somersizing has anyone ever tried it? It worked I just don't know if I want to pay for it. Let me know your opinion.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #680
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly333
Stats: 190/173/140
Start Date: May 20, 2011
Dairy

I started Somersizing one week ago and am doing well. Can anyone tell me
about yogurt? Can I have yogurt? Thank you
Shelly333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly333 View Post
I started Somersizing one week ago and am doing well. Can anyone tell me
about yogurt? Can I have yogurt? Thank you

Non-fat plain yogurt during your carb meal only.... nothing else.

One of my favorite things to eat during my carb meal is to toast a whole wheat legal bagel and dip it in the non-fat yogurt spiced up with a packet of Stevia and cinnamon. Or mix grape nuts in the yogurt for some crunch.

Glad to hear you're doing well!!!!!!!

Cary
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #682
Junior LCF Member

Yogurt

Thank you!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

My not-being-ex-husband-soon-enough is being a BIG jerk.... I lost my LG Vue (touch) phone last Friday and it had a bunch of pictures and personal stuff in it that is gone....

BUT - other things are looking up. So - I'm choosing to focus on that.

Sweep... watch out for the fruit. I forget which book it is that SS talks about her husband, and he thought fruit was so healthy and loaded up on it and GAINED a lot of weight. It's natural sugar, and keeps your body up on insulin.... so you're probably not feeling full.

we've been brainwashed that 'fat is bad'... it's NOT! (if you believe SS). So eat until you are full. Have snacks - protein/veggie are the best, and protein will help curb your hunger, too. A piece of cold chicken and a few pieces of cheese does the trick! Or a hard boiled egg and some veggies to snack on.

MsMamba... it really doesn't matter if the weight lost is stress induced or not. It's GONE! Just keep staying on plan, staying legal, and the weight will continue to drop!!!!!!!! But watch your stress - NO ONE is worth doing that to our body. (I'm preaching to myself, too)

I encourage ALL of US to read and re-read her books... not just for the recipes, but for the entire REASON the plan works.... and for her mental boosts... and for her encouragement.... and FAITH.... and all those little tidbits that we tend to forget about (such as being careful about the amount of fruit).....

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day at a time

Cary
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #684
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Cary!!!

But I miss my popcorn at night. Can I have celery and the squeeze
cheese instead? I usually have a snack on Friday and Saturday nights only.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
My not-being-ex-husband-soon-enough is being a BIG jerk.... I lost my LG Vue (touch) phone last Friday and it had a bunch of pictures and personal stuff in it that is gone....

BUT - other things are looking up. So - I'm choosing to focus on that.

Sweep... watch out for the fruit. I forget which book it is that SS talks about her husband, and he thought fruit was so healthy and loaded up on it and GAINED a lot of weight. It's natural sugar, and keeps your body up on insulin.... so you're probably not feeling full.

we've been brainwashed that 'fat is bad'... it's NOT! (if you believe SS). So eat until you are full. Have snacks - protein/veggie are the best, and protein will help curb your hunger, too. A piece of cold chicken and a few pieces of cheese does the trick! Or a hard boiled egg and some veggies to snack on.

MsMamba... it really doesn't matter if the weight lost is stress induced or not. It's GONE! Just keep staying on plan, staying legal, and the weight will continue to drop!!!!!!!! But watch your stress - NO ONE is worth doing that to our body. (I'm preaching to myself, too)

I encourage ALL of US to read and re-read her books... not just for the recipes, but for the entire REASON the plan works.... and for her mental boosts... and for her encouragement.... and FAITH.... and all those little tidbits that we tend to forget about (such as being careful about the amount of fruit).....

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One day at a time

Cary

Cary I am sorry for the trouble you have had with your ex. I am with you though I will start rereading my book too.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #686
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunshine272
Stats: 212/187/145
WOE: Low carb/Whole Foods/No grains
Start Date: 6/29/2009
Hi guys, I'm new to this website but have done somersizing in the past. I actually can't tell you how many times I would start, do great for about three weeks, then quit. Well, I finally went back and looked at my calendars and food journals and noticed everytime I added back the "good carbs" is when I went crazy and quit. So now I've been going strong for three months. I do SS, just no whole grains or much fruit, mostly pro-fat meals and lots of veggies. I think I have a allergy to grains or gluten, I don't want to take any chances because I have no cravings, and don't feel deprived for the first time in my life it is almost effortless. So I follow a modified SS plan, no counting carbs.

Shelly-try parmesan cheese chips-they work for me instead of chips or popcorn.

I'm so glad Suzanne is back on TV, I love her WOE and health news. She is on shopnbc this weekend and Larry King Monday I believe. It really helps keep me motivated when everyone else I know is watching how much fat or calories they are eating. Wish she still had her boards open, but because I came here I found out about Candida which is something I think I have also. Well, sorry to ramble on just wanted to say hi.
sunshine272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly333 View Post
But I miss my popcorn at night. Can I have celery and the squeeze
cheese instead? I usually have a snack on Friday and Saturday nights only.

I love popcorn, too....... sadly.

Pork rinds - while not everyone likes them - offer the same crunch. You can also make "nachos" out of them by putting cheese on and warming them in the micro for a few sec to melt the cheese.

Squeeze cheese isn't legal - check the ingredients when in doubt.

Celery and CREAM cheese are legal. You could spice it up a bit by adding herbs/spices if you wanted to.

The one snack I allowed myself every night was whipped heavy cream, flavored in whatever I wanted. I don't do this now - but I did when I was first on months ago. (Right now it's too expensive for me to buy... and I don't have a good refrigerator.)

Cheese "chips" are good - careful of too much cheese, though, it can cause a stall.

Hi sunshine, welcome! Yes, keeping a diary helps a LOT. I see where my weaknesses are, and I also keep notes on how I'm feeling. I see sometimes when it slows down, I get discouraged, but when I stay on, I see a drop in just a few days!!!! It can be motivation to get through a tough time.

Cary
Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cary I hope thing are looking up. I think the cheese makes my weightloss stall too. I haven't had much lately and my weight seems to be going back down slowly but surely. I eat alot of sugar free jello.

Have a great day!!!!

Welcome Sunshine

Last edited by miscmissy; 10-14-2009 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #689
Senior LCF Member

I am still here and still struggling. One of these days it should get much easier. I hope everyone is doing better than me.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #690
Senior LCF Member

What are you struggling with, Missy??

Cary