Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Great advise Cary. I hope everything works out. We are always here to listen and try to help.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: worldlove
Stats: 5' 6" 175 (12/14)/147.4(7/8)/135-139 (5/6)
WOE: Lower Carb Pescatarian/Clean Eating
Yesterday was a serious moment of weakness. I was soooo sad I could barely walk. In my desperation I made an appointment with a psychic...I mean, spiritual advisor. I was crying when I called and she immediately told me that I had a red aura and presumed my sadness was caused by a relationship. I confirmed it was about a love. She told me to bring in a picture of him and an object he gave me. I went there and she gave me several options for a reading each costing different amounts. I went with the $80 crystal reading.

As the reading began I felt that she was very insightful. She said that my lover DID and DOES love me but he is being discouraged by outside forces. She then asked me who the outside force was...and I said his daughter. She then went on to say he is not mentally strong to fight her influence right now and nothing I can say can counter her. Right now the only thing my words would do is distance him even more. She said he's unreachable on the physical plane and must be reached on the spiritual plane. She said my studies and career are affected by this situation and I can't go further in my studies until this is resolved (she presumed I was in medicine...I'm not, I'm a recent law school graduate...I just LIVE near a medical school...which I DID tell her about). She said she can help me reach him on the spiritual plane and if she is allowed to do the "work" she can get him back to me within 6 months. This work is available for the low price of $1200 (she said the money is not for her but rather for her to purchase the items she needs to do the works such as oils and special crystals and stuff).

Honestly, I initially fell for her ploy. Everything she said at the beginning felt dead on. But as I thought, I realized she was "cold reading". The picture that I brought of my love let her know that we are in an interracial relationship. It's not a hard guess that there are external forces sending negative energy into our relationship. When she was giving me directions I mentioned that I only knew were the medical school was in this area since I recently moved...hence her mention of studies and career and her assumption that I was a medical student. She also mentioned that I was once (many years ago) in an abusive controlling relationship.....NOPE! She insisted it was there although I didn't consider it a relationship (whatever). Her assertion is that my love and I just met in the wrong "time" and she can help realign our energies.

Anywho, I'm not giving her $1200.

As far as my former love....he has proposed that we get back together...kinda. We both are in a different state from where his daughter lives. He works in this state and then meets her in our home state on the weekends. He proposed that I get an apartment and he will come and live with me during the week. He gave her total access to all of his financial accounts because she wanted to be able to "monitor" him and make sure we are not together. Sooooo he can no longer financially help me. I would have to pay all of the bills at my apartment by myself and on the weekends he would go home. She would have access to all of his money (he makes in the high 100,000s) and I would get diddly. So essentially he would save even more money by not having to pay rent in this city by "shacking" with me and I would suffer even more.

Separating from him is getting easier and easier. After all that happened yesterday and reading some of your postings I truly do feel more inspired to take my life back. Thank you all so very much! :-)

And throughout all of this....I didn't eat much...but what I did eat...WAS ON PLAN!!! Yes! ;-)

1st Goal - 150lbs
2nd Goal - 145lbs
3rd Goal -139lbs
4th Goal - 135lbs

Last edited by worldlove; 09-11-2009 at 02:33 AM..
worldlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:08 AM   #633
Senior LCF Member

WOW!!!! I am so proud of you. I always wondered if those reading are true. I am glad it is getting easier and you stayed on plan

I really belive that there is someone out there that is perfect for you. Don't just settle and with this guy it sounds like you would be settling. I don't know how you feel except I have seen my sisters and mother go through some bad relationships. I know you will do what is right for you.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Yes.... every day gets easier and easier when we take our SELF into consideration. Society teaches us to not be "selfish", to think of others... but if WE are not in a good place for our own self, how can we give to others?

It reminds me of what they say on airplanes... put YOUR OWN oxygen mask on BEFORE you help anyone else - even children. You're no good to them if you aren't alive yourself, y'know???!!!!!

SO - I've been doing just that. Taking care of MY SELF (words separated on purpose). My SELF needs attention from me.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to get back on SS now... before the holidays... because they are SOO stressful for me. (always have been, long story).

But I'm thinking... if I start NOW.... then I'll have a firmer grasp on my cravings when the holidays get here... and I'd be feeling better - about my self - and stronger.

Plan to plan....... I know Mondays aren't good days to start "diets", but I'm merely re-adjusting the way I'm eating. I can stock up on SS legal foods this weekend... and begin Monday.

Anyone else wanting to re-commit??? One day at a time... for our SELVES!

Cary
"Be careful of those who imagine themselves to be on the High Road while everyone else is walking the Low. If they REALLY are on the High Road they will offer to take everyone else with them, not simply tell others they are going the wrong way"
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #635
Senior LCF Member

I am recommitting on Monday as well and I also know Mondays are no good so I am going to make my weigh in day on Tues. I am so glad you brought this up. I think we can help one another. this WOE really does work if you stick to it.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:59 AM   #636
Senior LCF Member

Anyone else on board????

Anyone else for Monday????

Great idea - not weighing in tomorrow. I, too, will weigh Tuesday.

I already told someone else that I was starting - and he'll hold me to my committment!!!!! He's really great - gentle but firm.

MsMamba - there ARE great guys out there. Unfortunately there are more clunkers. What I've learned? Take care of YOURSELF and the good ones will be attracted to that. Losers are attracted to those that are insecure - and that's how they feel better about themselves.

I'm planning to plan tonight. I've got to go to the store after work tomorrow to stock up, but today will be great - a decent lunch, a Boy Scout potluck tonite - then ON PLAN tomorrow!!!!!!

The only thing I'm going to really struggle with is decaf.... because we have a community coffee pot at work that's regular. I am going to buy some cream to put in it, and wean myself off the 'high test' gradually. I don't want to make a fuss there, and there's no place for a hot pot to make instant (ICK!)decaf. But if I limit myself to a cup of coffee in the morning instead of coffee all day... I should be okay. I've always seemed immune to caffeine anyway, but I want to do this RIGHT!

I'm going to start SIMPLE - none of the recipes to get hung up on yet (we're on a severe budget right now). Eggs, chicken breasts, beef when on sale, and fresh veggies supplemented with frozen cauliflower (for pizza crusts)... water, water, water.

I'm going to do a carb meal for lunch most likely, since those are easy to take to work. I'm also planning on taking my fruit then, too - eating it for a "snack", then waiting to have my carb lunch.

Just getting back to the standard proteins and the basics of the program.... THEN when I start getting 'bored', add in some new flavors.

Life is too busy.

SO: tomorrow is planned....

I'll post menus as I write them. They may not seem balanced or "yummy" at first.... but I just need to get back in the meal plan and separate and limit carbs again.

All aboard??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cary
Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 AM   #637
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, ChefCary! I'm slowly weaning myself off of him. He's trying to come back into my life...but with the same ole baggage and games. I caught him in another lie Friday night. I've grown tired of his antics. Ms Mamba's gonna get her groove back!

I've been able to keep off the 6 lbs I lost due to the breakup about 3 weeks ago. I actually feel optimistic about life without him. Also, I tried the 3 minute Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe - yuck , didn't like it! BUT, I had some serious carb cravings last night and instead of binging on M & M's I bought a diet root beer soda (no carbs) and added a little HWC. Delish! Tasted just like a root beer float!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:15 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

What is HWC? I am so glad everything is looking better. Eventually people show their true colors.

Congrats on the 6lbs. i am sorry the way you got it off but at least it is gone.

Back to the gym tomorrow and no sugar or caffine or white stuff starting today.

Stay in touch.

I joined an exercise program on live with women's health fit coach you get 30 days for free I hope it works I'll let you know.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
HWC..... heavy whipping cream
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #640
Senior LCF Member

I love whipping cream. I also mix cream cheese with whipping cream and a little vanilla and it tastes like cheese cake oh and splenda.

Cute dogs!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #641
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I love whipping cream. I also mix cream cheese with whipping cream and a little vanilla and it tastes like cheese cake oh and splenda.
Mmmmmm! That sounds good! Do you eat it like pudding? I'm picturing this in a parfait glass with blueberries and strawberries! :-)
Old 09-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #642
Senior LCF Member

You can put it with whatever you want or eat it by itself. Of course whatever you put it with should be pro/fats to stay on program but if not it would work with anything.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #643
Senior LCF Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!

(HWC rocks, btw.... !!!!!!)

So....... tomorrow, ladies!!!!!! Let's DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good - no, GREAT for YOU MsMamba!!!!!!! Yes, it's difficult - I know. But know YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you caught him in the lie because you were looking for it this time, and KNOW it is there. BE AWARE!

I got a tattoo this summer.... ironically... .that says "NOW" and I'm living in the NOW. What is TRUE RIGHT NOW!

I'm ready for tomorrow.... ready to be back on plan. I've had my 'vacation', now it's time to take care of ME! Get back on there for ME - no one else.

There is NOTHING we can't do........ and I'm not just saying it. It is TRUE!

This is OUR life...... our own... and we have NO control over what anyone else says or does.

One day at a time. one meal at a time. one bite at a time. And as soon as we know we are off plan..... NEXT BITE on plan. Don't say "I blew it, I might as well eat this." STOP AS SOON AS YOU KNOW.

We are strong........!!!!!!!!!!

Cary
Old 09-20-2009, 07:50 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

I'm there and ready!!!

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamba View Post
Mmmmmm! That sounds good! Do you eat it like pudding? I'm picturing this in a parfait glass with blueberries and strawberries! :-)

Remember.... fruit is by itself. I know that's really difficult....

Cary
Old 09-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
Remember.... fruit is by itself. I know that's really difficult....

Cary
Thanks for reminding me! Things were about to go downhill! LOL Now, I'm thinking about having it in a parfait glass w/ lots of cinnamon sprinkled on top. :-)
Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #647
Senior LCF Member

That sounds so good. Yesterday went well I forget after being off program for a while how hungry I am for the first week or two.

Remember eat well and move around
Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

YES!!!!!!! I KNOW this feeling!!!! Not that I was really HUNGRY, though... I just wanted to eat because I had made a decision to eat differently/better for me. THAT is when everything starts calling out to me.... lol.

Isn't that the way? Go back on plan and then I get all sorts of foods that are NOT on plan offered to me!

Don't go hungry, missy - EAT!!!!!..... remember, you can eat as MUCH AS YOU WANT, especially when getting back on plan, of protein/fat!!! Maybe you're not eating enough.

Give yourself a break and just get back on plan with the right foods.... THEN adjust your quantity. Remember the cravings go away when your insulin gets back under control!!!!!

Remember, too.... SS'ing is GREAT food!!!

(yes, I'm preaching to myself, too... lol...... self-pep talk!)

WE can do this!!!!!!!!!!!

One day at a time, one meal at a time, one hour at a time, sometimes one bite at a time!
Cary

Quote:
That sounds so good. Yesterday went well I forget after being off program for a while how hungry I am for the first week or two.

Remember eat well and move around
Old 09-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me! Things were about to go downhill! LOL Now, I'm thinking about having it in a parfait glass w/ lots of cinnamon sprinkled on top. :-)

Cary
Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #650
Senior LCF Member

Well I weighed today at the gym 204. First goal under 200.

The Biggest Loser is on tonight I love that show.

Eat Well my fellow SSers
Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #651
Senior LCF Member

I've not watched TBL in the last few seasons.... not sure why, I enjoyed it alot. I LOVE seeing success stories!!!!! (Did anyone watch "More to Love"? I wasn't going to, as I don't really like those 'dating' shows... but they seemed genuine! And HE was HOT - for a youngster )

I'm struggling. It is ALL mental. It's just been TOO easy to reach for something convenient, since this is a busy week.

I'm focusing on one meal at a time, trying to be WAY more conscious of what I put into my mouth, and trying to make REALLY good decisions.....

Go missy!!

Cary
Old 09-23-2009, 09:42 AM   #652
Senior LCF Member

I watched a few of those shows I really liked them. I don't know why I stopped watching them and now I can't even remember when they are on.

I think I like watching TBL because it inspires me to work out hard it won't kill me.

Convience is hard to find on this diet. What if you try some south beach meals or even some of those bars from SB or Atkins I've tried them and they are pretty good.

Stay with me on this I really need the encouragement my sweet tooth is coming out and I have such a hard time with it. I have four children so I like to make homeade cookies for them and stuff and even though I freeze them for their lunches it is always in the back of my mind that they are in the freezer. I did buy some cystal light fruit punch and it is pretty sweet so hopefully it will help. talk to you soon.

Missy
Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 AM   #653
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=miscmissy;12520127]

Stay with me on this I really need the encouragement my sweet tooth is coming out and I have such a hard time with it.

I'm HERE Missy!!!!! NOT going anywhere!!!! THIS WORKS - I know it! KNOW it!

I have something scheduled after work every single day for the next two weeks, and I am busy on the weekends with kids' stuff. I thought I had Saturday morning off, but came in and there's someone scheduled now.... UGH!!!!!!!

I have a problem with a sweet tooth for about the first month... then it goes away. I use Stevia, but really sparingly - sweetened heavy whipping cream is about it, and then it's only a pinch. (I flavor it with non-sweet koolaid powder, depending on what flavor I want, or vanilla. ) There's nothing I really use sugar in.

It's just getting into a routine of planning again.... my two older kids are at college, and they were a HUGE help just driving the other two around - my taxi drivers are gone!!! So that leaves me. I never realized how much they actually did... and running to the store, so I could be doing other things... etc.

One day at a time.................

Cary
Old 09-24-2009, 06:39 AM   #654
Senior LCF Member

I cheated. Now I'm up 4 lbs! Ughhhh! Back on plan! It takes soooo long to lose lbs and it's soooo easy to re-gain them. Well, it is what it is and it's now time for me to get it together!
Old 09-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #655
Senior LCF Member

I always say one step forward and two steps back. I almost put a tator tot in my mouth the other day cause I made some for the kids and I got it to my lips then I remembered this is never going to work if I don't start saying no.

I tell myself It's not like I won't ever have this stuff again but at least not until I have lost what I want to lose. What an uphill climb.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #656
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I cheated. Now I'm up 4 lbs! Ughhhh! Back on plan! It takes soooo long to lose lbs and it's soooo easy to re-gain them. Well, it is what it is and it's now time for me to get it together!

Okay - forgive yourself, let it go. Next bite ON PLAN!

Cary
Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #657
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I always say one step forward and two steps back. I almost put a tator tot in my mouth the other day cause I made some for the kids and I got it to my lips then I remembered this is never going to work if I don't start saying no.

I tell myself It's not like I won't ever have this stuff again but at least not until I have lost what I want to lose. What an uphill climb.
ALMOST - but you DIDN'T!!! GREAT SAVE!!!!!

I KNOW this all in my head... it get's lost in translation between there and what I actually DO!

It's EASY to cave in, in the moment.... "just this once"...

I need to re-read SS books... not just the recipes... but the REASON why this works, the MENTAL... get it in my head that this is the RIGHT thing! Motivation! Attitude! I CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS!

Cary
Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #658
Senior LCF Member

I was doing so well and then on Friday I blew it. Now it is Sat and I had a piece of cake small but still sugar. Oh well back on the horse. I am so sorry I don't want to let any of you down.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #659
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was doing so well and then on Friday I blew it. Now it is Sat and I had a piece of cake small but still sugar. Oh well back on the horse. I am so sorry I don't want to let any of you down.
It's okay. I cheated last night. I feel bad about it but the ex-boyfriend is driving me crazy again. I just finished law school and all of his foolishness is really taking a toll on my bar prep studies. I got to end all contact with him. He is ruining my life. Today is a new day. Let's start over.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. Don't let him ruin you or keep you from your dream. If that is what he is doing he is NOT the RIGHT one for you When do you take your examine. That is so cool I haven't know anybody that is working for such a goal.

I did find out that my neice is going to fashion college in San Francisco. I am a stay at home mom which I love but I with I had a little college background but at 43 I don't know if I could handle going to college and with 4 kids I am to busy. I am also a bonehead.

Don't forget weigh in day is on Tuesday no matter what so let me know how you guys do