Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Hi all! It's been ages since I've been here, but I do see a few familiar names. I blew it all summer long. I actually gave myself permission to have fun on the boat with the family and not worry about my weight and eating habits. BIG MISTAKE. I've gained about 11 pounds of the 25 I originally lost back. I've started a new job also, and they go out every day and order junk food, so now you know why I'm back. I really have to get back on the program, so I'm currently making some Oopsie Buns to keep me going at lunch this week. The only thing that I'm proud of right now is that I have been working out 3 times a week with the Firm videos. Talk to you soon

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
I did really well yesterday. The only thing is that I went a had an ice tea the caffine but no sugar. YEA!!!!! One day at a time.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Absolutely one day at a time!

Well here we go again, I need to make some of the cream cheese pancakes so I can grab and go. I had to be at work by 7:30 this morning, so I didn't have time to eat, so I grabbed an Atkins granola bar, but I did get my decaf coffee w/ cream and stevia. Have a great day
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

How do you make cream cheese pancakes? Can you tell me the recipe or where to get it?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #605
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: worldlove
Stats: 5' 6" 175 (12/14)/147.4(7/8)/135-139 (5/6)
WOE: Lower Carb Pescatarian/Clean Eating
Well, my fiance and I broke up yesterday so I haven't eaten. I'm sure I've lost weight now. Heartbroken weight loss will have to due because I refuse to stuff my face from depression.
worldlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #606
Senior LCF Member

I am so sorry.

I' glad you are not binging. Stay on track.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I am so sorry.

I' glad you are not binging. Stay on track.
Thank you sooo much! I wish I could say it was self-control but it's really that I just have no appetite.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Okay, today I woke up and remembered my breakup. Now I want to binge. Food, wine...either one will suffice.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #609
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Just checking in folks. Please, dont binge. I know it is sooo very hard not to do that. It will only make you feel worse. Go for a walk, take a bath, read a book, get yourself outta the kitchen away from the food. EAT WELL>
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #610
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candee McKee
yes and I love it

yes and I love it
Candee McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Please don't bing. Yes get out of the kitchen.

Quick question does anyone know a good website for meal planning and coupon shopping for groceries? tips and stuff.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #612
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!!!!!!!

What a LONG strange trip it's been!!!!!!

I've not been here since May 1st, so it says on that handy little counter in the upper right corner.....

GOOD GRIEF!

I'm not SS-ing right now... but preparing to once again.

I was married a year ago, and unfortunately I'm going through a divorce. With moving myself and my four children..... trying to start a business.... etc etc etc... I had little time for myself.

Things are calming down, and I'm once again able to start focusing on ME again!!!!! Two kids moved to college, one a Senior in HS and a 7th grader - oh, yeah, and my dog!!!

SO................................................ ................

Let's get this list GOING again!!!!

And thanks to those FAITHFUL that have stuck by, keeping things going! You know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE-derland..... I'd like to see it by....... my next birthday. In April.

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #613
Senior LCF Member

NO don't do it!!!! Drop the food!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmamba View Post
Okay, today I woke up and remembered my breakup. Now I want to binge. Food, wine...either one will suffice.
Seriously..... you REALLY don't want to feel worse, do you??

I'm not sure why the breakup - none of anyone else's business - but you're gonna feel WORSE. You're gonna regret going off for ANY REASON - especially a guy that is making you unhappy.

I would have been married 26 years today had I stayed married the first time.

The second lasted just over a year, and I'm going through a divorce.

I have lived for EVERYONE but me.....

and THAT is changing!!!!!

I'm 45.... and I'm NOT going to live the second half of my life miserable because I've taken care of everyone else.

Seriously - post here. Focus on YOU, not your pain. Meditate. Read.

Agree with yourself that you are NOT going to wallow in misery, even when you hurt. I know, I've been there. Email me, and I"ll try to write when I can....

Start a journal, a private blog or an anonymous one. Write your heart out, your pain out.

Take up a new hobby to do with your hands - cross stitch, crochet/knit, play the piano..... SOMETHING for YOU

Go outside and WALK

Turn on some music and DANCE really really hard.....

Don't turn to food.

Please?

Cary
Old 09-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quick question does anyone know a good website for meal planning and coupon shopping for groceries? tips and stuff.

SS'ing meal planning? Or meal planning in general?

I don't have any coupon sites - I tend to shop Aldi's and Sav-A-Lot that don't take coupons. :P

If you're looking for coupons, you're obviously needing/wanting to budget.

The only thing I have done that helps - as long as you don't mind repeating foods often - is to take my least-expensive (read CHEAP!) recipes and put them on index cards. Then I look at my calendar and see what I can make when (depending on what my kids have scheduled for me!) and then lay them out in a semblance of a meal plan. (However, you could find new recipes/meals to change things up a bit - give you more variety!)

Sometimes I end up with eggs or CC pancakes for supper... but that's okay. Breakfast is my favorite meal! I also end up with ham "sandwiches" for breakfast - but hey, BK sells them!!!

When the kids are in school, it's easier for me. I only have to feed them one meal a day during the week (they get their own breakfast). So even if I have to make something non-SS for them to supplement what I fix.... it's easier.

Cary
Old 09-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Cary and thanks for the advise.

I also have four children and a husband and I was trying to cook on a budget but the only grocery store we have are local and nobody offers double coupon anymore. So I was trying to check the sales ads but it is hard to please everyone.

What kind of business did you start? I hope it is going well.

Talk to you soon.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #616
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all sooooo much for all of your support! I'm feeling a little better now. Honestly, I ended up binging more on alcohol than food. I really would like to maintain my post-breakup weight loss so I'm trying to eat healthy. Weight loss makes me happy, weight gain makes me sad. So the last thing I need to do is to purposefully add to my unhappiness. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Last night was the first night that I didn't drink myself to sleep. I've decided to stop it now before it goes too far.

1st Goal - 150lbs
2nd Goal - 145lbs
3rd Goal -139lbs
4th Goal - 135lbs

Last edited by worldlove; 09-03-2009 at 06:33 AM..
Old 09-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #617
Senior LCF Member

I am so mad a myself I have let my diet slip over the last week. We have been having to clean and paint our rental house and We are so busy that I just grab whatever to eat when I am hungry. And drinking soda it really does curb the appitite for a while. Anyway I am very stressed. We need to get someone in there soon because we still have a house paymet on it. At least some people have asked about it. Hopefully We will be finished early next week with everything.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #618
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you all sooooo much for all of your support! I'm feeling a little better now. Honestly, I ended up binging more on alcohol than food. I really would like to maintain my post-breakup weight loss so I'm trying to eat healthy. Weight loss makes me happy, weight gain makes me sad. So the last thing I need to do is to purposefully add to my unhappiness. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Last night was the first night that I didn't drink myself to sleep. I've decided to stop it now before it goes too far.
I'd done the same thing multiple times since experiencing problems with my husband (whom I'm now separated from. Hopefully the legal stuff goes through SOON and QUICK!). Numbing seems like an okay idea at the time.....

What I've learned is... if you HAVE to drink (ummm... that doesn't sound very good, does it?).... if you CHOOSE to drink.... then have a shot of hard liquor (no carbs) with LOTS of soda water. No fruity drinks. No beer. SIP IT. It'll have that flavor of alcohol that your brain thinks you want.

What I don't get right now is.... I'm kinda-sorta-not-really-but-maybe seeing a guy that LIKES me heavy!!!!! He's apparently got a thing for my big a$$ - LOL. ("I like big butts and I cannot lie!")

I'm planning. I've got WAY too much on my plate right now, and it seems I get overwhelmed too easily. (Aries trait?) I need to simplify. This new guy is WAY accepting of me and my life and my kids and my ..... ME!!!!!!! .... and helping me to accept me too!

But *I* feel better when I'm thinner.. and I'm not getting any younger, and REALLY don't wanna carry this weight around on my joints.

One day at a time, one focus at a time.

Missy - my business is a personal chef service!!! It was starting to pick up right before the separation (perhaps the separation happened as a result? Partly.... ) but the house I was living in had a kitchen I could use for this. We're now renting a half of a house, with too teeny of a kitchen. Creating Plan B!

I've got some prospective ideas.... but need to get a handle on things first. I sent TWO kids to college this year (a Freshman and a "Super" Senior (meaning she's double majoring and taking 5 years) after moving us all out of "his" house, have a senior in high school (3 to college next year - ACK!!!!!!!) and a 7th grader. And my needy overgrown Pom. My college frosh is in the marching band (an hour away) and wants me to come to his home games. My high school senior is a majorette and I go to most all of her games. My 7th grader is in Cross Country for the first school sport of his ever, and wants me to go to his meets. Add band/choir/orchestra concerts for the two youngest.... road trips to see my oldest (4.5 hours away!) and trying to find some time to sleep......

Add to that being the only breadwinner (a 35 hr/wk job and a 10 hr/wk job, in addition to trying to get my business going) with a worthless ex (my kids' sperm donor - who contributes $50 a month TOTAL child support) and now a clingy, whiny, horrid ex....

BUT - I will survive. There is no other option.

What I can focus on is NOW - right this moment, and then worry about the next one as it comes.

(taking a really deep slow breath)

One day at a time. One hour at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time.

I'm planning on making Oopsies over this long weekend, and then scheduling to make them on Sunday mornings weekly...... I don't have a full refrigerator yet (only a dorm-sized one) so I can't really cook ahead. I see LOTS of eggs in my future! (good thing I like them - at least for now!) With the kids going back to school, I at least have my lunch hours free.. a little "me" time.

SO HANG IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cary
Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #619
Senior LCF Member

Ms Mamba.... how are you doing???????????

Today is a dreary gray day outside.... but the sun is shining on me!!

I'm in a GREAT place mentally... emotionally... and now to start the physical!!!

I'm not fully on plan - YET! - but I'm making the adjustments. The biggest seems to be bread, but that was ALWAYS my downfall. I've managed to (mostly) stay away from sugar.

My youngest son has started cross country, and he's needing to get more protein in his diet... and my youngest daughter wants to work on losing a few, too - so having more protein available will help ALL of us!

Planning to plan... planning to succeed. I'm not going to set a 'start' date -- I'm not great with deadlines, and don't need more stress. It's really just one day at a time.

How is everyone else doing?

Cary
Old 09-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #620
Senior LCF Member

Happy 09-09-09 at 09:09 am!!!!!

ugh... by the time I sent it, it was 9:11...Pooh~

Last edited by ChefCary; 09-09-2009 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: time update
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #621
Senior LCF Member

Yummy Cream Cheese Pancakes

Hi Miscmissy, Look on page 5 of this thread to post #124. I typed up the recipe last fall; it is from Suzannes Fast and Easy book. If you want some really good family oriented recipes that book "ROCKS"! There are onion rings, chicken pot pie, Taco salad, lots of really good stuff that even my family will eat without complaining that it is too gourmet.

Quote:
How do you make cream cheese pancakes? Can you tell me the recipe or where to get it?

Thanks
Old 09-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there...this just means he's not the right one. I found my husband after I broke up with the guy I thought was the one...this is just an opportunity to keep yourself strong and take care of yourself! Go get a mani/pedi and feel good about yourself and eat well. Like I said I blew it this summer, and I'm paying now. So don't make my mistake...YOU CAN DO IT

Quote:
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #623
Senior LCF Member

ChefCary, it sounds like you could use a too and an atta girl. Sorry to hear about your divorce...that must be tough with all you have going on. Hang in there and get back to SSing you'll feel better in the long run. Take care of yourself, and welcome back
Old 09-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #624
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to let you guys know I haven't been able to get to the computer. We have been fixing up our old house to rent it out. Going on 2 weeks and I am tired (in a good way). Back on track with my eating and I feel much better.

I think I will send both of you I will talk to you soon.

Missy

I found the recipe thanks I do have that book I need to pull it out again and read it.

Last edited by miscmissy; 09-09-2009 at 05:06 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #625
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all soooo much for sharing your stories and support. It HAS been soooo hard. Now he's made contact with me and is going back and forth on whether he wants to continue our relationship. Back and forth and now I don't have an appetite. Nor can I sleep. This is agony. I'm still losing weight though. I hate him. But I love you guys!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #626
Senior LCF Member

How long have you been dating? Well, all I can say is don't let him string you along. and keep you wondering... I will say that after a year an a half of dating my now husband wanted to "take a break" for about 2 weeks...I think he was trying to decide whether he could live without me or not...I should ask what he was thinking back then. We just celebrated our 20th anniversary in April, so if you've been together for awhile, maybe he's getting cold feet about the next step, if it hasn't been that long that you've been dating, I wouldn't let him play hot and cold, it's not fair to you. Now chin up and go get that mani pedi!!

Quote:
Thank you all soooo much for sharing your stories and support. It HAS been soooo hard. Now he's made contact with me and is going back and forth on whether he wants to continue our relationship. Back and forth and now I don't have an appetite. Nor can I sleep. This is agony. I'm still losing weight though. I hate him. But I love you guys!

Last edited by billgirl; 09-09-2009 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: said would instead of wouldn't
Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Well, we've been together 1 year and a half. He's 42 with a 19 year old daughter. His clingy selfish daughter (who has never had her own boyfriend nor went on a date) does not like me and threatened to never speak to him again if he continued dating me so he broke up with me. Now, he's trying to see if he can get "permission" from his daughter to move out of town so he can sneak and date me behind her back. Yes, I know. This mess is nuts! He makes all the money and his rude and disrespectful daughter calls all of the shots. I mean it's bad. She's cusses at him and calls him every name in the book. And he cries because he feels sorry for her since she has no friends. Again, this mess is nuts! Sooooo, now I'm waiting for him to try and "finesse" her and make her think he wants to move away for reasons besides being with me. He's afraid that she'll find out I'm still in the picture and get mad at him. I don't know if we can be together as a couple again because I'm waiting for him to get an okay from his teenage daughter to move out of town (which he probably won't get since she likes to "monitor" him to make sure he's not still seeing me). Yes, pure nuts!

Last edited by worldlove; 09-09-2009 at 09:28 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 05:29 AM   #628
Senior LCF Member

I am so sorry. I know kids can have a big inpact on things. I think it is to bad that his daughter runs the show. I hope he will see the light. She is 19 and an adult. It is a hard situation and I am sorry that you are in it. I am sure he is passing up a rare opportunity to have you in his life. I hope he relizes that. Keep us updated. Know we are thinking about you.

Good news we rented our house and know we have to finish getting it ready. I just hope everything works out. I would hate to go through this again too soon. I also need to learn to let things go. All my kids were born in this house and I am attached.

Missy
Old 09-10-2009, 06:14 AM   #629
Senior LCF Member

Oh Boy!!!

That's a tough one. I guess the best advice I can give you, is to read a book called Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey who is a comedian (which may help a little). I didn't read the book from cover to cover, but what I did read had some good insight. It really is not fair to you or HIM what his daughter is doing. She's 19, she needs to go to college and get her own life. If she treats potential friends the way she treats her father, it's no wonder she doesn't have any friends. He deserves happiness too after raising her. I don't mean that he should cut ties with her or anything like that, but HE is her father, so HE should be making the rules, not her. If that doesn't happen, you deserve to be happy ultimately, and if things continue the way they are, I don't see that happening sorry to say. I think you could do better for yourself. If he is not willing to stand up to her and say, "I Love you sweetheart, but you are going to be getting your own life and I want to be with someone I can be happy with too." then you will be waiting a long time for something that may never come. I know that's not what you want to hear unfortunately, but you have to take care of you! Hang in there, hopefully things will work out I'll get off my soap box now...

Quote:
Well, we've been together 1 year and a half. He's 42 with a 19 year old daughter. His clingy selfish daughter (who has never had her own boyfriend nor went on a date) does not like me and threatened to never speak to him again if he continued dating me so he broke up with me. Now, he's trying to see if he can get "permission" from his daughter to move out of town so he can sneak and date me behind her back. Yes, I know. This mess is nuts! He makes all the money and his rude and disrespectful daughter calls all of the shots. I mean it's bad. She's cusses at him and calls him every name in the book. And he cries because he feels sorry for her since she has no friends. Again, this mess is nuts! Sooooo, now I'm waiting for him to try and "finesse" her and make her think he wants to move away for reasons besides being with me. He's afraid that she'll find out I'm still in the picture and get mad at him. I don't know if we can be together as a couple again because I'm waiting for him to get an okay from his teenage daughter to move out of town (which he probably won't get since she likes to "monitor" him to make sure he's not still seeing me). Yes, pure nuts!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #630
Senior LCF Member

yikes, ladies!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats miscmissy on renting the house!!!!!

MsMamba..... wow, we have had a time with men!!!!!!

My soon-to-be-ex was horrid.... I moved me and my four kids out (THAT wasn't easy) and had to find another place to live that takes dogs.... and then the day after we found a place (a week after leaving) he started calling, apologizing, wanting me back, saying this would be different, yada yada yada.

WELL - let me tell you, I'm glad I didn't bend at all. 9 weeks later and he's being HORRID. I'm seeing his true self in this now, even worse than it was getting. It was only a matter of time.

I am seeing a GREAT guy right now that accepts me just as I am - ALL of me. He's older - more mature - and he's really come to terms with his life, who he is, and he's comfy in his skin. WOW!

So - I had to leave my mess of a relationship (and I thought HE was 'the one') to find a REAL man.

My advice? Run the other way, don't walk, and be open for what better is there for you. You don't deserve that - no one does. You should NOT need permission from anyone to see him - you're both adults. This time it will be her.... what will be next time?

BUT - that's only my advice, and I'll admit I've been through the ringer. I won't say the one I'm with is "the one".... but I'm enjoying every minute being with him. Having fun. And smiling more than I have in my entire life.

Don't settle..... and be strong for yourself. It is YOUR life. YOU are the one in control, even when you don't feel like it.

Hang in there. One day at a time.

HUGS to all of you.........

Cary