Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 PM   #541
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChickenJr
Stats: Pant size: 13/3/3 I made it!!
WOE: Gluten free Somersizing
Start Date: January 2009
The recipe I use is a mix of two recipes I found in the recipe rooms.

You'll need:
2 packets of kool aid, any flavor, I like to use the 'Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade' after all, the more unnatural the color the more it seems like real candy.
7 packets of unflavored gelatin
1 cup Splenda or your favorite sugar substitute
1 cup boiling water
Cookie sheet lined with cling wrap or tin foil

Boil water in medium sized pan. Combine splenda, kool aid and gelatin in a seperate bowl and mix well. I've not done this and wound up with super hard chunks of gelatin in the middle of my gummy worms, which is just a waste of worm. When water is boiling, stir in gelatin mix. Boil for a minute or so longer, the longer you boil it the gummier they are. Remove from heat, pour on to lined cookie sheet. You can put them in the fridge and they'll be done in a little over an hour OR you can put them in the freezer and they'll be done in ten minutes! Once it's all solidified you can cut them into strips, squares or break out the cookie cutters and have any shaped gummie you want!
I usually eat the whole pan in a day... so I double the recipe often. I'm also not sure if these are a carbo or what, all they've got in them is the carbs from the splenda, which probably makes them a carbo. I've been eating them whenever I feel like it, may explain my stall, lol.

Good luck to everyone! I'm glad to hear others are having success with this WOE!
ChickenJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #542
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by try2xl View Post
Hi All,

I started SS awhile ago and gave it up and just getting back at it. I started again 2 weeks ago and have dropped 8 pounds, so I'm sure happy with the results.

Chicken, can you post your recipe for home made gummy worms? They sound delicious.

I'm really determined to stick with this. I saw a Dr. Phil episode recently and a woman said she had been on a diet for 8 years. I realized that was me!!! I'm sick and tired of being overweight and I'm going to DO THIS.

I wish everyone out there luck and strength in your attempts to get the weight off.

I've got my eyes on the prize!
I will do this with you..
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #543
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Hey all,
For those that are keeping up with the Father in law. He passed away this morning about 330 am.. He is now at peace and no longer in pain. My hubby is taking it very bad because that was his best friend. Also, If anyone is trying to decide to use hospice care, please dont hesitate to do so. They have been wonderful throughout this whole process.. I m headed to bed now. Ive been sleep deprived for several days now. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #544
Junior LCF Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Stay strong.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #545
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBhere View Post
Hey all,
For those that are keeping up with the Father in law. He passed away this morning about 330 am.. He is now at peace and no longer in pain. My hubby is taking it very bad because that was his best friend. Also, If anyone is trying to decide to use hospice care, please dont hesitate to do so. They have been wonderful throughout this whole process.. I m headed to bed now. Ive been sleep deprived for several days now. EAT WELL
my thoughts and prayers are with you all
Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #546
Junior LCF Member

Went to a birthday party for my seven year old nephew today. While everyone(but me) was in line for brownies and ice cream the birthday boy looks up and says 'Geeze, can't Aunt Caileen go off her diet for ONE stinkin day?' Lol, no deary, I can't. And won't!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #547
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: try2xl
Stats: 210/203/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: May 30th
Thanks!

Thanks so much for the gummy recipe. I've been making one with jello and gelatin, but I think the koolaid one will have more intense flavor.

I read up about it and from what I understand gelatin is an incomplete protein that the body can't use - although there's some speculation that it helps your joints, hair and nails.

I guess whatever carbs are in the splenda would make it a carb then? I've been in a bit of a stall this past few days, too. Hope it's not the gummies!

Have you tried Suzanne's Sommersweet? It rocks! I make a decaf coffee every night and smother it with whipped cream sweetened with sommersweet and it is SO delicious! I put lots of vanilla in the cream and it is so yummy.

I'm thinking I'll try the gummies with that sweetener and see how it turns out.

Thanks again. It really means a lot to be in touch with such a great support network!
try2xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #548
Junior LCF Member

THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I will do this with you..
I appreciate your words so much! I've been at a bit of a stall the past few days, but admittedly I had a couple of drinks this weekend. I chose tequila because I thought it was supposed to be low carb, but I think I should just stay away from any social drinks all together. I mixed it with diet 7-Up, and had only 1 drink Saturday evening and 1 on Sunday evening (in the tub, it was so relaxing!)

I'm heading for a week of holidays tomorrow, visiting family and so expect I might have occasion to tip a glass once or twice over the week. If I stick to my eating plan, hopefully it won't cause any gain. It's my mother-in-law's 80th birthday, so a real occasion to celebrate.

Can you believe ChickenJr staying away from the birthday treats!? That will definitely give me strength not to waver.

Can anyone comment about the occasional social drink? I know Suzanne recommends staying away from alcohol in Phase 1, so after this week, I will do just that!

Thanks again. Looking forward to being in touch!

try2xl
Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #549
Junior LCF Member

So Sorry

Quote:
Hey all,
I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. My mother is now in care and declining rapidly with dementia, so I really understand the process you've been going through.

My prayers are with you and your family at this very difficult time. Rest well.

try2xl
Old 05-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #550
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I appreciate your words so much! I've been at a bit of a stall the past few days, but admittedly I had a couple of drinks this weekend. I chose tequila because I thought it was supposed to be low carb, but I think I should just stay away from any social drinks all together. I mixed it with diet 7-Up, and had only 1 drink Saturday evening and 1 on Sunday evening (in the tub, it was so relaxing!)

I'm heading for a week of holidays tomorrow, visiting family and so expect I might have occasion to tip a glass once or twice over the week. If I stick to my eating plan, hopefully it won't cause any gain. It's my mother-in-law's 80th birthday, so a real occasion to celebrate.

Can you believe ChickenJr staying away from the birthday treats!? That will definitely give me strength not to waver.

Can anyone comment about the occasional social drink? I know Suzanne recommends staying away from alcohol in Phase 1, so after this week, I will do just that!

Thanks again. Looking forward to being in touch!

try2xl
just have fun. try to do your best and when you get back give it your all
Old 05-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #551
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Lol, if it had been a dairy queen ice cream cake I might have caved but brownies were never my poision of choice. I figure if I give in for something thats not a favorite what am I going to do when theres a plate of peanut butter cookies sitting in front of me? I also have celiac's so not only would that brownie have screwed with my diet, it would have put me in a world of hurt... sort of makes it easier to resist when I remember that, lol.

I stopped drinking when I started this WOE. Wasn't too hard as I'm breast feeding, I wasn't drinking all that much to begin with. Had my first drink with friends a week or so ago. I bought red wine then read the lable to find out what 'fruity notes' they said were in it, lol. Then I bought a bottle of sparkling water in that flavor(Faygo brand does not contain aspartame). Mixed them together, really wasn't bad, but I'm no wine aficionado. I was worried that after not drinking for so long I'd just get plastered but I didn't. I was able to enjoy a few glasses no problem. It did make it a little harder to resist temptation but I made it through!

One thing it did prevent me from doing was my exercise tape. I got home and just didn't feel like it, lol. First day I did that since I started doing the tape and I hate to say it but it's made it easier for me to decide I'm not going to do the tape again... Live and learn, right? I'll get my butt in gear and get back on schedule!

Have fun at the party! Good luck!!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #552
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks so much for the gummy recipe. I've been making one with jello and gelatin, but I think the koolaid one will have more intense flavor.

I read up about it and from what I understand gelatin is an incomplete protein that the body can't use - although there's some speculation that it helps your joints, hair and nails.

I guess whatever carbs are in the splenda would make it a carb then? I've been in a bit of a stall this past few days, too. Hope it's not the gummies!

Have you tried Suzanne's Sommersweet? It rocks! I make a decaf coffee every night and smother it with whipped cream sweetened with sommersweet and it is SO delicious! I put lots of vanilla in the cream and it is so yummy.

I'm thinking I'll try the gummies with that sweetener and see how it turns out.

Thanks again. It really means a lot to be in touch with such a great support network!
I used to make them with sf Jello too but found the aspartame was giving me headaches. Switched to using kool aid and I do think they taste much better, plus the flavor possibilities are pretty much endless!

I haven't tried Sommersweet. I did just buy some Stevia to try but haven't used it yet. I think I'll start experimenting this week.

I'm not sure how many carbs are added by using Splenda. It says in one serving (1 tsp) that there is less than 1g of carbohydrate but if your using a whole cup of Splenda I'm sure that adds up! I do love my gummies though, if you have luck with the Sommersweet I'll have to invest in some!
Old 05-18-2009, 04:06 PM   #553
Junior LCF Member

Hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenJr View Post
I used to make them with sf Jello too but found the aspartame was giving me headaches. Switched to using kool aid and I do think they taste much better, plus the flavor possibilities are pretty much endless!

I haven't tried Sommersweet. I did just buy some Stevia to try but haven't used it yet. I think I'll start experimenting this week.

I'm not sure how many carbs are added by using Splenda. It says in one serving (1 tsp) that there is less than 1g of carbohydrate but if your using a whole cup of Splenda I'm sure that adds up! I do love my gummies though, if you have luck with the Sommersweet I'll have to invest in some!
Yes, I have some stevia in the cupboard, but must admit I don't use it much now that I have the Somersweet. Stevia is s-u-p-e-r sweet and has a bit of a weird aftertaste, but it's natural, so I far prefer to use that than anything else. That's why I like the Somersweet so much. It tastes far better than anything else I've tried, no weird tastes and it's not funky, so that's great.

Have a great day. Not sure if I'll be able to check in much this week, but I'll definitely try my best.

See ya!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:43 AM   #554
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: al1114
<strike>just wanted to<strike> <blink>try</blink> <u>this out</u>
al1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 PM   #555
Junior LCF Member

Made table cream fudge today! Hellooooooooooo level two! I used ghirardelli 100% instead of milk chocolate and dark chocolate cocoa powder. Even got to use my Stevia! The recipe made a massive amount of fudge, I cut it into squares then wrapped them individually to keep in the freezer. I needed to have a treat where I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole batch in one night, these should def do the trick. I hope, lol. They could also be my undoing. I'm still a little wary of level two. I'll have to reread my books then give it a real go!
Hope every ones doing well and eating yummy food!!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #556
Junior LCF Member

Does anyone else find it funny that the title of our thread spells Somersize wrong? Lol, maybe it's just me.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM   #557
Major LCF Poster!

LOL, I never really noticed that.... But now that you mention it...lol....
Old 05-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #558
Junior LCF Member

Forgot to mention the fudge was a bad idea. Yummy, but after not having caffeine for five months I was awake until 11:00am the next day!! Woah! Not so fun when my 14 month old woke up at noon. Lol, live and learn, right?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #559
Major LCF Poster!

I just thought Id bump this up. It has been a week since anyone had posted here.
Tomorrow will be two weeks since Pa in law passed. Ma in law is doing well. We actually got her to out to eat fish with us last Friday nite. Hubby has his good and bad days, which I know is expected. My weight is staying the same. No real gain or looss at this time. EAT WELL
Old 05-30-2009, 02:06 AM   #560
Junior LCF Member

Glad to hear things are getting better. It's a slow road back to any 'normalcy' after a loss. I wish you and your family well.
I've almost convinced my mother to start Somersizing! She has been my biggest supporter since I started so I hope she'll give it a shot. You got nothing to lose but the weight, right?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

HEllo all,

Im just dropping in for a few. Things are going well. I have had 3 people this week to ask me If I have lost more weight. I dont think so. Might be the tan..lol Eating is good. I have been doing more high protein the last week than the Somersizing. I have had the munchies for a couple of weeks now. Everyone come on in and post to help keep this thread alive. EAT WELL
Old 06-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #562
Junior LCF Member

I just realized one of my staples is a funky food! Oops! Lol, should have known those whole milk smoothies were too yummy to be legal!! I guess I'll try cottage cheese smoothies... might be a good replacement. Maybe, lol.
My Moms been Somersizing for about a week now. Shes a type 2 diabetic and has to give herself insulin shots everyday. Befor Somersizing her blood sugar was usually 220+, today she tested and it was 104!!! Suzanne was not kidding when she says her plan helps diabetics!!
Hope everyones doing well!!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Quote:
Hey all,
I so sorry about you father in law our prayer are with you.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #564
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everyone,
I must share this with you all that happened today. We decided to ride by the cemetary today and put out this solar light thing that we had purchased last week. We did that then we went to Mother in laws house. We didnt call her to tell her we were coming. She met us at the door just bawling her eyes out. Poor thing it was so pitiful. She said that she wanted to go to the cemetary,but she was afraid to drive herself all in fear that she would be too upset to drive back home. So we loaded her up in our vehicle and took there. It was a cry fest , of course, I do believe it did her well today though.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #565
Major LCF Poster!

HEllo,
Anyone out there????
Old 06-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Well,
Im outta here... This thread is now dead. Looks like no one is following this program anymore. BYE..
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #567
Junior LCF Member

I'm still Somersizing. Playing around in level two trying to find a good balance. Have gained a lil bit but I've been going overboard with my imbalances... oops! Also stopped exercising when I got a cold and haven't been able to get myself motivated again! I think I'll buckle down and go back to level one for awhile, start walking everyday if i can't force yself to do my exercise tapes, lol.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #568
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds like a good plan. I wonder if I combine SS with Juddd and it work for me.
it's a thought.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

HAHAHA,

I fooled you into coming in and posting..lol.. What is Juddd? Curious me.. EAT WELL
Old 06-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #570
Blabbermouth!!!

lol...read the juddd thread and find out.