Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
We'll be praying for you.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Oh now they are saying it will be tonite and tomorrow when the really bad storms come through. We have had a good bit of rain today. Around an inch here.
I must change the subject now. I made one of Suzannes favorite things tonite for me at dinnertime. I made egg crepes. I sauteed onion and ham in butter. Put the onion and ham in the crepes with some sour cream, topped the crepes with a bit of sour cream and some taco sauce. They were really great. I would have to do without the onions if I were making them for morning, but they are very doable. EAT WELL
Old 04-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
That has to be scary I hope everything turns out fine.

I will have to try those egg crepes they sound yummy. Keep up the good work.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: testewart
Stats: 172/136/126
WOE: somersize
Start Date: March 2009 again
Glad To see somersizers

Has great sucess and kept most of my weight off. Went vegan for a while but gained back 5 and want to lose 15 to really feel good again. I have been legal for 7 days and loving it. Now I remember why I liked this woe so much!
testewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shell91320
WOE: Induction/dreaming of OWL
Start Date: Nov 2004
Does anybody know

what happen to all the foods Suzanne used to sell? Will any of them be coming back, or does she just keep adding and changing items? I see some of the old standbys are still on her website, but no jam, breads, etc. I guess she's supposed to be on HSN a week from now.
shell91320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
She seems to be phasing out many of her food products. By reading her latest book (which was really fascinating) it seems she has altered her opinions on some foods. She seems to be promoting (through content of her interviews) a higher fiber, no beef kind of lifestyle.

I suspect she is distancing herself a bit from being a "diet guru" so that she can become better known for her anti-aging message.

JMHO
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

I didnt get flooded out here. Thank Goodness. In-laws are the same. Pa-n-law, they think he had yet another small stroke t his past week. His blood sugar keeps falling really low also. He usually only sleeps every other nite. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:44 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

I just got an email that Suzanne has a facebook now. I signed on to be a fan. It looks as if she has lots of information on her site also. She has about 800 people signed up so far. EAT WELL
Old 04-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Hello,
Kinda dead around here. Im back to bump it up for us to be able to find it..lol. Hoppy Easter to all.. EAT WELL
Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #520
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ToriJeanne
Roweena...

Do I recognize you from Somersizing Discussion boards? I was sad to see them cancelled... though it had been awhile since I went there. I fell into eating sugar again, and have gained 10 of the 20 lbs I lost. I wake up every day saying "this will be the day I stay on my food plan", but I always blow it, and it's getting worse. I have to stay away from funky foods, funky food combinations and most of all 'sweets' - even legal sweets do not work for me.

Food today:

b: eggs/veggies
l: chicken/veggies
d: burger/veggies
snack: decaf with stevia & cream

Any other Somersizers out there ?
ToriJeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #521
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChickenJr
Stats: Pant size: 13/3/3 I made it!!
WOE: Gluten free Somersizing
Start Date: January 2009
I started in mid January and have fallen in love with this woe. I've gone from a size 13 to a size three! Not sure I'm ready to move on to level two yet but I'm really excited about my results!!
ChickenJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:29 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sibylle
Stats: 170/150/120
WOE: HF/VLC
Start Date: February 2011
Somersizing

I started somersizing 2 weeks ago and I have lost 4 pounds. I find it easy to stick to the rules of this woe. I love to have complex carbohydrates for breakfast. Best of all, I do not need to count carbs. The proper combination of protein, carbohydrates and fat seems to take care of itself. It is such a revelation.
Sibylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #523
Junior LCF Member

good morning all... I'm reaffirming my promise to avoid sugar... it's so basic, I know, but it sneaks up on me. This is a good woe, and easy too. I slipped away at christmas, and am just now trying to come out of it. been a pretty good food week.

today:

b: eggs/onions/butter
l: eggplant/beef
d: pork/spaghetti squash

snack: teechino (a coffee substitute) & cream.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

OMG,
Im soo hungry right now. lol... Hello Everyone. I just came in for a minute to see if anyone was still living...hehe.. EAT WELL
Old 04-23-2009, 03:07 AM   #525
Junior LCF Member

good morning... looking to take this more seriously today. I heard lately that once a person compromises, it's easier to do it again. True for me. Food combining works for me, I know it. I will combine properly today - with no 'small bites' of other illegal things.

b: eggs/onions/butter
l: spaghetti squash; sausage
d: beef/peppers

snack: teecheeno & cream
Old 04-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #526
Junior LCF Member

Well, I've lost 2 pounds, I'm happy for that. better even, is that I stayed 100% on plan.

food today:

b: spaghetti squash/sausage
l: egg/onion
d: veggie/beef
snack: teecheeno/cream
Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #527
Junior LCF Member

Jan Bhere... I like to be able to come here when temptation comes on strong... it helps me to know others are being successful with the plan..
Old 04-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Tori,
Have you just joined LCF or have you been lurking> lol I ve been here for about 6 or 7 yrs. I lurked before I joined. Welcome to LCF and Somersizing.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #529
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenJr View Post
I started in mid January and have fallen in love with this woe. I've gone from a size 13 to a size three! Not sure I'm ready to move on to level two yet but I'm really excited about my results!!
you went from size 13 to size 3. wow and how long did it take you?
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #530
Major LCF Poster!

DAisy,
Are those jack russells in your avi? They are sooo adorable what ever they are. I have one that is almost 8 yrs old now. She is just a doll.
Chicken. I also want to know how long it took you to go from size 13 to size 3.
I was bad this week. It was my birthday, so I ate some chocolate. I could tell the next day too. I had no energy and was cranky. EAT WELL
Old 05-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBhere View Post
DAisy,
Are those jack russells in your avi? They are sooo adorable what ever they are. I have one that is almost 8 yrs old now. She is just a doll.
Chicken. I also want to know how long it took you to go from size 13 to size 3.
I was bad this week. It was my birthday, so I ate some chocolate. I could tell the next day too. I had no energy and was cranky. EAT WELL
yes jack russells one 10 and the other 6
Old 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Just a small up date. IT is possibly the last few days for father n law. They are now giving him morphine for pain. He is soo pityful. Not a thing like he was 6 months ago. I just had to check in and post something. I really dont care if anyone doesnt read it. I just had to vent a bit and get it off my chest about him.. EAT WELL
Old 05-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Father n law

I remember the last few days for my father n law & mother n law. Just do the best you can to make them as good as you can, because that is what I always remember. People always make jokes about inlaws, and I have really good memories about the last days with each. We'll keep him and your family
in our prayers. It's so hard when they are in pain and with dementia because it is so hard to let go. Take care of yourself.
Vikki

Quote:
Just a small up date. IT is possibly the last few days for father n law. They are now giving him morphine for pain. He is soo pityful. Not a thing like he was 6 months ago. I just had to check in and post something. I really dont care if anyone doesnt read it. I just had to vent a bit and get it off my chest about him.. EAT WELL
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
MIA Vikki (billgirl)

Hi everyone! I was just checking in...finally.
I'm so glad you're all hanging in there, and this is still going even w/o me. My dh and I went to Las Vegas for our 20th anniversary at the beginning of April, and I didn't stick with my woe there, and I've had a really tough time getting back at it. I've maintained my weightloss for the most part. I'm up about 4 pounds, but I'll take care of that. I'm just getting ready to make some Oopsie Buns and that made me think of you all.

Tori Jeanne, I'm right there with you...It's hard once you cheat, but I'm going to be 100% legal again.

Chicken Jr, in your profile it says that you started in Jan 09...you went from a 13 to a 3 in that time??? If so, you're a goddess!!!! Congratulations!

Mary your picture looks great! Congrats on the 10 jeans...I have 1 pair of 10 pants...I think they're generous...but I'll take it.

Congrats miscmissy on the 36 pounds!!! so what place did you take in the contest??? congrats!

Take care all
Vikki

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
we are going thru the same thing. Only its my mother in law. Who has been my mother in law longer then my mother got to be my mother.. it is so sad....
Old 05-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #536
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgirl View Post
Hi everyone! I was just checking in...finally.
I'm so glad you're all hanging in there, and this is still going even w/o me. My dh and I went to Las Vegas for our 20th anniversary at the beginning of April, and I didn't stick with my woe there, and I've had a really tough time getting back at it. I've maintained my weightloss for the most part. I'm up about 4 pounds, but I'll take care of that. I'm just getting ready to make some Oopsie Buns and that made me think of you all.

Tori Jeanne, I'm right there with you...It's hard once you cheat, but I'm going to be 100% legal again.

Chicken Jr, in your profile it says that you started in Jan 09...you went from a 13 to a 3 in that time??? If so, you're a goddess!!!! Congratulations!

Mary your picture looks great! Congrats on the 10 jeans...I have 1 pair of 10 pants...I think they're generous...but I'll take it.

Congrats miscmissy on the 36 pounds!!! so what place did you take in the contest??? congrats!

Take care all
Vikki
I hope others will start posting soon...and tell me what you all are eating..
Old 05-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #537
Junior LCF Member

Sorry I haven't been on lately. I started in the middle of January 2009. By the middle of February I was down to a size 9... all with no exercise. Started exercising in March, really just walking for an hour or so with my son in his stroller. By the middle of March I was a size 5. In April I reached a size 3, woohoo!
Thank you for the congrats. Somersizing really hasn't even felt like a diet to me. It was difficult at first but once I got the rules down it's been pretty smooth sailing. I hope all of you can experience the results I have, it feels amazing!
As for eating, a typical day goes about like this:
Within twenty minutes of waking up: Frozen fruit smoothie with Juicy Juice(white grape and Mango are my fav)
Walk for an hour, then breakfast: 5 or so pieces of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs(I try to make omelets but I always end up with scrambled eggs) topped with cheese, pico de gallo(sp?) or homemade salsa.
Between breakfast and lunch I usually have a yogurt smoothie: Whole fat yogurt, Walden farms sugar free syrup and ice.
Lunch: Usually a chicken breast with stir fried broccoli if there are no left overs from the night before.
Dinner is anything from Philly Cheesesteaks to stir fried meat and vegetables to taco salads.
I also bust out a pan of sugar free gummy worms(made with kool aid packets so they're aspartame free) at least once a week. Much better than the rot gut caused by store bought sugar free candy!
I've discovered the art of tweaking almost any recipe to make it SS legal.
I don't eat many carbo meals since I discovered I have a severe gluten allergy. All the gluten free flours I've looked at have starches in them or they're made from nuts... I'm still researching this. I intend to eat a muffin someday!!
I have a recipe for SS cookies that are fat free and sugar free, if anyone is interested I'll post it. I ate them every day until I realized they were causing my unbearable pain, lol, but they are soo good.
When I first started and those sweet cravings hit me I made Suzannes chocolate mousse but substituted sugar free strawberry syrup for the cocoa powder to make it level one.
Hope I covered everything, got an angry baby to tackle!!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks you did so well. And your menus sound good as well.
please do come back and post more often. this woe really
worked for you.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #539
Junior LCF Member

Here's the cookie recipe:

3 servings
1C Non Fat Dry Milk
3/4C Old Fashioned Oats
3 TBS Sugar Free Marshmallow Fluff
3/4 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Nutmeg
12 TBS Favorite sugar substitute
9TBS Water

6 servings
2C Non Fat Dry Milk
1 1/2C Old Fashioned Oats
6 TBS Sugar Free Marshmallow Fluff
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1C and 8 TBS Favorite sugar substitute
1C and 2 TBS Water

12 servings
4C Non Fat Dry Milk
3C Old Fashioned Oats
12 TBS(whole jar if using Walden Farms) Sugar Free Marshmallow Fluff
3 tsp Cinnamon
3 tsp Nutmeg
3C Favorite sugar substitute
2C and 4 TBS Water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix well. If only making 3 servings you can make one large cookie in a pie pan sprayed with your favorite fat free extra virgin olive oil spray. For larger servings drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets covered with tin foil and sprayed with your favorite fat free extra virgin olive oil spray. Bake 10-12 minutes, longer if cookies still look doughy.

I LOVE cinnamon so I always add a little extra to the mix. I also usually add a cup or two extra oats when I'm making individual cookies so they're not as runny. Feel free to taste the dough and add more of whatever you'd like. No salmonella here!! I've also made these with shredded wheat when I was out of oatmeal. They tasted like Life cereal!!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #540
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: try2xl
Stats: 210/203/150
Start Date: May 30th
Hi All,

I started SS awhile ago and gave it up and just getting back at it. I started again 2 weeks ago and have dropped 8 pounds, so I'm sure happy with the results.

Chicken, can you post your recipe for home made gummy worms? They sound delicious.

I'm really determined to stick with this. I saw a Dr. Phil episode recently and a woman said she had been on a diet for 8 years. I realized that was me!!! I'm sick and tired of being overweight and I'm going to DO THIS.

I wish everyone out there luck and strength in your attempts to get the weight off.

I've got my eyes on the prize!
try2xl is offline   Reply With Quote