Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Still here, too!!!!!

Still struggling to just get through one day completely legal. I KNOW how to do this.... I just don't get why I'm having such a difficult time.

Wanting is not enough....

I went to ss.com again today, and the message boards are still down there. I wonder if they'll ever put them up again? What a WEALTH of information would be lost if not.

So.... the little thread CAN survive - but what do you want here? Do you want recipes? Do you want support? Do you want.... ???? I dunno. I started it to find out if there were others that were choosing this WOL and WOE like me.

So what should we *do* with this little corner of the world???

I don't want it to be 'mine'... so everyone is welcome to participate, post, chat!!!!!! No strangers here!!!

Plan, plan plan... I think that's my downfall right now. I feel like I'm juggling so many balls in the air that if I add one more - even though SS'ing is GOOD and NEEDED and WORKS!!!!! - I'm gonna drop them all. Keeping it simple will help. Just doing what I NEED to do will help.

One day at a time, one bite at a time.

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
I think the support is wonderful. I find days that I just dont want to go on with anything, not just Somersizing. Everything going on like the economy, stressing everyone out. Family issues and etc..EAT WELL
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Sorry I have been missing. I am doing a challenge for a gym and a radio station. I am 1 of five people involved and today is our first weigh in. I am still doing SS but I also have to count calories and try try try not to eat red meat very often. Very hard for me since I am a meatavor. I still can't get into the 200's. Monacalgal I have been stuck here for 3 weeks it is driving me crazy. I hope everything is going well for everyone I have been missing talking to you I hope I can get more time to be a part of the ss way of life.

ChefCary I too have been checking the site and I got alot of good recipes there. They also had a weekly weigh in for each month. I hope they do not loose everything.

ttul

Missy

Last edited by miscmissy; 02-26-2009 at 05:59 AM..
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiredfoxterror
Stats: 230/165/165
WOE: Somersize
Start Date: February 2003
Hey guys!

I was just in chat with a couple of friends that Somersize. It's been a while since they took down our forums/boards at suzannesomers.com and we are getting worried.

Suzanne seems to be very focused on BHRT. Her recent appearances on Larry King and on Oprah have been specifically about BHRT, and her 2 recent messages since they took the forums down have been about BHRT. Nothing wrong with that, I am in my 50s and consider it a very important topic, too. But will it effect us and the focus and content of the new site?

The years of information contained on the old boards is invaluable. It is a goldmine of information - recipes, questions, answers - EVERYTHING! I want to ensure that the new site focuses not only on BHRT, but also on Somersizing. AND that the old boards/forums are not abandoned but will still be available as promised.

I am asking each and every one of you to contact them at suzannesomers.com. Here is the link Contact Us - Please let them know that you want the forums/boards back up, that you want the old information available to you, and just how important this is to you. And why - let them know that you are a Somersizer....starting, maintaining, working at it, successful, whatever.

WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW HOW MUCH WE NEED AND WANT THE INFORMATION.

Please contact them, and contact them daily. I am afraid if we don't we may lose it.
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]230/165/165[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Magenta"]Visit my Somersized blog at[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]www.wiredfoxterror.blogspot.com[/COLOR]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Are you Somersizing or interested in finding out about Somersizing?[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Visit us at[/COLOR] http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Somersizing
wiredfoxterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #485
Senior LCF Member

Hey Wirehairterror,
I recognize your name. Ive seen you on Suzannes website and on the yahoo site also. I didn t realize you visited here. EAT WELL
Old 03-03-2009, 06:05 AM   #486
Senior LCF Member

I lost another pound Boy this is taking forever and I'm not very patient. Macongagal I'm barely in the onesies but I'm there. Now to stay there. I haven't been here in 6 years Like you always say eat well.

ttul
Old 03-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
What does SuzanneThink about doing cleansing and detox>? Im looking into doing it.> Clean/start brand from heath store. for 14 days.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #488
Senior LCF Member

Missy,

Change your stats girlie..lol. Things are still very stressful here. Father in law is home and we are all taking turns help take care of him. He talks non stop and lies in the bed whining all day long. Mother in law is about ready to kill herself, She had told them that she knew where his gun was and that she wanted to use it on herself. My hubby got all the guns out of the house that day. She did seem a bit better today.
My eating is going well. I havent weighed since my last visit to the DR. I need to exercise now and I know I would feel so much better. Well, Im outta here for now. EAT WELL
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

I am so sorry for what your family is going through. I pray it will get better. As far as exercise goes maybe yoga or something calming. I started taking a class called Zumba it's kinda like salsa dancing it's alot of fun and it does make you sweat. The class is always full.

What are my stats? Do you mean the porfile or something else.

Remember I am only a keystroke away.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I am so sorry for what your family is going through. I pray it will get better. As far as exercise goes maybe yoga or something calming. I started taking a class called Zumba it's kinda like salsa dancing it's alot of fun and it does make you sweat. The class is always full.

What are my stats? Do you mean the porfile or something else.

Remember I am only a keystroke away.
In the box over to the left of this box...lol.. You can go in under private messages and change it.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
MIA AGAIN...but back

Hi Mary!
Thank you for the Wahoo!!! Yes, it was Somersizing. It was difficult because the job I had (laid off now) I was in charge of keeping the candy jar full... Did well with it though. How do you do it? You don't even use Somersweet or Stevia or anything???? I couldn't do that. I prefer to use the Somersweet or Stevia, but I admit...I love the way that Splenda melts in my coffee... Usually if I'm craving something sweet, I mix some cream cheese with a little cream and sweetener...dark chocolate stevia and nibble on that, and it usually takes care of my evil sweet tooth. That is fantastic that you are able to avoid the sweeteners...I just don't have it in me... I admire you! You can do it...the last 20 pounds!! That is my goal as well! My DH and I are going to Vegas for our 20th anniversary in April, and I was hoping to be down another 20 by then, but it's getting close. I've been doing FIRM workouts every day for the last 3 weeks (since I got laid off) I can tell, but I wish it would hurry up and be noticable to my hubby.

Mac, How is your son? I hope he's doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
Hi,

Mac--Sorry to hear about your FIL and son. I am glad your son is sticking up for the little kids although it got him hurt. Hopefully the bullies will leave the little kids alone.

Vikki--Where are my manners, I should have said CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!!! W-A-H-O-O ! ! ! ! Did you do it through Somersizing?? How did you do with the sweet cravings? I hate when I crave something sweet because the plan I've been following allows no sweet additives (ie splenda, somersweet). Lately when I crave something sweet I'll eat an apple, grapefruit, or some pineapple. And then try to distract myself if that doesn't work. LOL!

I've been sticking to plan pretty well the past couple days. Before we know it, it will be springtime which means lighter clothing. I am hell bent on losing these last 20 pounds before summer.

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear that your Father in law is back in the hospital. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
Happy Valentines Day, Everyone. Just a bump to keep it going. Father in law is back in hospital. Possible Heart attach or stroke. Might be tooo early to tell. I will know more in a day or two. Eat Well.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations!!!

Here is a W A H O O for You!!! Keep it up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I lost another pound Boy this is taking forever and I'm not very patient. Macongagal I'm barely in the onesies but I'm there. Now to stay there. I haven't been here in 6 years Like you always say eat well.

ttul
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Hi Macongagal, Before I responded to the other posts, I should have read to the end (and still haven't), but hang in there. Exercise my help with some of the stress, maybe for mom in law too. Like I said...I will keep you all in my prayers.
Vikki
Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all for the replies.. Things are still very stressful here. I m going to get me a good walk this afternoon if at all possible. Time changes tonite so I do know I will be getting that walk in tomorrow for sure. Ill be back in tomorrow to check in. EAT WELL
Old 03-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Ok, Everyone, Where are you all>>||????? I came back to check in to my own post...lol......... I know time change and In the south we had a beautiful weekend. Hope all of you are doing great... EAT WELL
Old 03-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the absence, I discovered facebook and some long, lost friends -- I'm trying to wean myself off it now LOL. I am back to SS'ing. I'm still doing a lot of what my chiro advised me to do such as eating organic, but although I am avoiding the sugar substitutes I'm allowing myself to have it occasionally. (In fact, I think I'll make a batch of her truffles, I've MISSED them!!!!!) My high school graduating class is having another reunion this summer (we had our 20th yr reunion last summer) so I am excited to finally lose this weight before then.

Mac--I'm so sorry to hear about your family issues, hopefully they will be resolved soon. I know the desperation your MIL feels (long story) I pray that she finds strength to support her ailing husband.

Cary--Where are you? Hope you are hanging in there and eating well.

Vicki--We are in the same boat, the last 20 lbs are tough but WE CAN DO THIS!

Missy--I know how hard it is to get off all the red meat. My chiro offers this advice: (1) eat higher amts of protein earlier in the day (ie not close to bedtime) and (2) go organic (ie no hormones which can wreck havoc with our own hormone levels and affect weight loss). GOOD LUCK, hope you beat the pants off the other competitors.

cya,

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick hello. I don't like this time change the kids don't realize that it is later than it is which makes bed time very hard. Well I'll check in later. Just know I'm thinking about all of you and Hello billgirl nice to meet you.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Well all its almost Hump day. I finally got our taxes done Sunday nite. Im so glad I got on in there and did them.. We are getting double what we have been getting back. YIPPEEEE. [/THe daughter going to college a half a year last year seemed to have helped us. EAT WELL ALL.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

I'm here, doing well. Got into my "small" jeans again (the ones I bought to celebrate my 20 lb weightloss) so that feels good. They are size 10s ... hoping to be able to buy a pair of 8s one of these days. Boy that will feel great.

Getting bored with what I'm eating, basically this is what I've been eating:

b: 2 fried eggs w/cheese
s: protein shake or apple
l: mixed greens salad w/tuna
s: protein shake or grapefruit
d: veggies (ie brussel sprouts), protein (broiled chicken, steak or fish)
s: a piece or two of extra dark chocolate

I need to crack open the recipe books to get some good ideas....
Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: beachagain
Stats: 162/150/140s
WOE: Fast Metabolism Diet
Start Date: September 2006
hey all!

I have the book and have been doing atkins but would like to change to somersizing

Have question I think I already know the answer to...is splenda legal as the book I have came out in the early 2000's and splenda a little later. I would think it is a NO...but I'm unsure. I appreciate any help you can offer me here

Last edited by beachagain; 03-14-2009 at 08:36 AM..
beachagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #502
Senior LCF Member

Hey all,
Im just checking in for a minute. Son is sick with the flu. He has been out of school all week so far. DR said keep him out til Thursday. Pa in law is getting to the mean stage in his dementia. He has been cursed a blue streak the past few days. .. Gotta run right now. Time to get a few things done before bed. EAT WELL
Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachagain View Post
hey all!

I have the book and have been doing atkins but would like to change to somersizing

Have question I think I already know the answer to...is splenda legal as the book I have came out in the early 2000's and splenda a little later. I would think it is a NO...but I'm unsure. I appreciate any help you can offer me here
Yes, splenda is legal! Suzanne also has her own sweetner called Somersweet, she sells it on her website and on hsn. It's very good. GL with Somersizing!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Ill be away from Online for a few days. The computer is getting an overhaul.. Everyone EAT WELL.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Hey all,
Its me Macongagal, We fixed our computer,but I had to get LCF to send me my password again and the email I sent for some reason went back to my previous screenname. Ill be under this name again...lol.... This was my original LCF name tooo.. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #506
Senior LCF Member

I have been mia for a while sorry. I'm still in the contest Today is the weigh in day. Last week I was in 5th place we'll see how it goes today. But good news as of today I have lost a total of 36 lbs since the end of August. This is the most weight I have ever lost in my life. Somersizing all the way baby!!!! and counting calories. I'll try to catch up on everyone soon.

ttul
Old 03-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #507
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Haylo7403
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the board, but definately not new to Somersizing! I had gotten away from it for a while, but my mom and I are starting back up again, and this time for good! She did it about 8 years ago, and the results were amazing, so I jumped on the wagon. It definately works if you stick with it, and there are some really yummy recipes out there. Whoever said eating healthy means eating bland food obviously never tried Somersizing! Congrats to all of you who have had sucess with it and keep up the good work!
Haylo7403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #508
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shell91320
WOE: Induction/dreaming of OWL
Start Date: Nov 2004
Somercize community up sort of

Has anyone looked at the community section of Suzanne Somers? It has the old posts on it now, but it looks like there is no way to do new posts unless you are responding to Suzanne's blog.
shell91320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #509
Senior LCF Member

I looked and you are right you can't post new postings. they will probrably get it up soon.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
HEy all,

Just peeking in for a minute, Pray for us that it doesnt flood here in Middle Georgia tonite and the next few days. We might need an Ark...lol...
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote