Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
I think Ive gone crazy.. I just came in from the hospital (long story) and I ate an apple,followed by some wheat thins. I just threw the apple core away and ;picked up my wheat thins I had in a bowl and ate them , not thinking I was to wait 30 minutes before eating... I guess im gonna pay for that in a bit.... I havent made a mistake on eating in forever.. Now I feel bad...
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Don't feel bad you sure you were thinking about something else.

I hope everything is OK.

ttul
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Father in law is in the hospital. He went in Thursday evening with his blood sugar at 36. They have been doing lots of different tests. They are testing him for B12 deficentencies, neuro problems and testing to see if Blood pressure meds is making him sick. Poor man he went down hill in the past 6 months, b ut now he is reduced down to wearing diapers. It hurts to see him in this condition.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

It's so hard on older people when they loose their independence. I think that is why so many of them have broken bones and bruising they are falling because they just can't do things they use to and they think they still can.

A 94 year old neighbor died last week and she told me in August she was ready to go. She hated living like that. I loved her. I knew her since I was a little girl.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

The doctor said he looked better to him today. Father in law says he feels better mentally but not phyically. Hubby is staying home today too. He has a CPAP machine and cant use it at the hospital, in fear that his dad would need him and he wouldnt be able to hear him call him. Hubby has been staying with him for the four nites he has been in the hospital, then coming home and sleeping about 3 to 6 hours during the day. As far as the tests go, we probably wont know anything til Tuesday, because of the holiday.
Im hungry at the time. I think I will go find something to eat.. I want peanut butter,but they are urging everyone to not eat peanut butter... Samenella scare again.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #456
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad he is doing better hopefully you guys can get some rest.

I heard the same thing about the peanut butter. Is it all peanut butter I didn't hear that part? I hope they clear it up soon my kids always take pb&j sandwiches to school for lunch.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
I heard that it's the peanut butter that is used by companies as an ingredient--such as in icrecream, peanut butter crackers, cookies, etc. They said it's not the peanut butter sold in jars such as Jiff, Peter Pan, etc.

Stress can increase your appetite. When I am hungry due to stress I'll eat something higher in fat. Lately my favorite thing is sauted zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms in olive oil + Italian spices. Or a spaghetti squash with lots of butter. I hope your father in law is feeling better.
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mary. I always buy Wal Mart brand peanut butter hopefully they will clear it up quickly.

ttul
Old 01-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MarblesLongGone
Stats: 273/251/188 6'0"
WOE: Grain-free, sugar-free, real foods
Start Date: 2010 (I have years of weight data recorded)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macongagal View Post
...I want peanut butter,but they are urging everyone to not eat peanut butter... Samenella scare again.
Peanut butter isn't rocket science. For EASY peanut butter, buy cocktail peanuts. (Shelled, with no skins, often salted, but not covered in spices like dry roasted.) Toss those, and the oil of your choice in a food processor. You can add a sweetener if you wish. It is good, and easy.
MarblesLongGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

I ll be gone for a few days beginning tomorrow. Ill be back Sunday afternoon. Everyone be good and Eat well.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

WOW,
I cant believe no one has posted in 4 days since I have been gone to TN... Where are you all?????? I had a wonderful trip to visit my family. It had been 6 months since I had been home. On the other hand, we came home to bad news about Father in law. The now have decided he has what is called vascular dementia. His brother had the same thing before he passed away 8 yrs ago. Father in law has been out of it about 95 percent of the time we have been gone. I really think he is pouting about us being gone. I only wish it was true.
On another note, Im still maintaining my weightloss. I got up the nerve to cut my long bangs and I feel like a new women..lol... Eat Well.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #462
Senior LCF Member

I'm here, got weighed last Friday and I'm still losing YIPPEE! I'm from Pittsburgh, so with the SuperBowl coming up I'm facing lots of temptations (Steeler goodies, SuperBowl party, etc). GO STEELERS!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

I have been MIA also sorry I joined a weightloss challenge at a local radio channel and they picked me to particpate. There are 5 teams of 5 people on each team and each team are from surrounding cities. I am so excited. I have to keep update on a blog and the worst thing I have to wear a sports bra and shorts for pictures. I couldn't even find me size anywhere I had to order it off the internet. Well it starts Sat. Wish me luck.

Did anyone notice suzannesomers.com changed I can't get in the old site for recipes. They really changed it. I did get a email saying she was going to be on Oprah today.

ttul

Missy
Old 02-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member

Father in law finally got to go to Rehab Friday late in the afternoon. He is still very confused. They have started him on a new med also. One that is for the dementia. Hubby has had to go up there today to sit with him, because the MIL is sick.
I had on my size 8 jeans yesterday, they are beginning to get big on me now. I would never in a million years think that I could be saying that. Thanks to somersizing I can say it. Everyone stays healthy and Eat Well.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member

I hope the meds work for your father inlaw.

Congrats on the jeans I always feel like "Its about time, YES". Well I just wanted to say hi and keep up the good work.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:39 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Missy,

You are about to hit Onederland..lol.. Good Job. Eat Well
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Our little place on LCF is dying. Come back in and post something to keep it active. PLEASE..... Things are busy here tooo. I will try to elaborate more during the weekend.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies,

I am in a rut... finding it hard to stay on track. I stopped going to my chiropractor, we're taking our 3 little girls to Disney next month, and I need to cut back on extra expenses. But that's not why I'm off track. I start the day off fine but then mid-day I just don't know what to eat. Then I eat something I shouldn't and it goes down hill. It's like I'm sabotaging myself, I am (was) getting close to my goal and I won't let myself get there. I only have 20 lbs to goal but I refuse to let myself get there. Why do we do this to ourselves?? Ugh. Today I went grocery shopping and loaded up on veggies and organic meat --tomorrow's another day. I think I will do some meditating tonight to get myself back "in the zone."

Mac--CONGRATS on the loose size 8's!!! WAY TO GO!!! WAHOO!!

Missy--How is the weight loss challenge coming along? That must be great motivation.

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Hello Everyone!!

I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long. I had to go back and read like 10 pages just to get caught up. There is so much I've read that I wanted to respond to, but it would take forever...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law...that is so hard. My grandma had dementia, and one of the last times I saw her she didn't even remember me. That was terrible. Hopefully the meds will help him.

On a brighter note, Congrats on the loose size 8 jeans...I'm not there yet, but determined to be soon. I think I told you all that I had joined a weight loss challenge at work. $100 to get in, and originally it was winner takes all, but then they changed it to 1st and 2nd place (80/20)...I got 2nd place. Since the end of July, I lost 25 pounds and would have gotten 1st place had I lost 2 more pounds...sigh... But I got $200 out of the deal, plus it kept me motivated. They're starting another one this week, but DH and I are going to Las Vegas for our 20th anniversary in April, and I can't promise that I'll be good.

Miscmissy...That is great about the weightloss challenge on the radio station. Tell us more! I don't want this thread to die either. I'll try to visit more often, but both of my kids are on a traveling volleyball team, so we have practices 4 nights a week, and tournaments almost every weekend.

Take care everyone and eat well!
PS, made a roast in my pressure cooker tonight in 1 hour with turnips and onions instead of potatoes.

Vikki

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Don't beat yourself up!

Hi Mary,
We all have slip ups, but just make a conscious decision to fix it tomorrow. Keep some string cheese handy...that always fills me up. You can do it!!
Vikki
Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Vikki!

So far, so good. Today I had a protein shake for breakfast and staying away from the kitchen by cleaning the house. Fun fun. The weather is getting nicer which will make it easier to get out and take walks. That should help a lot.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Oh...The weather was nice here too today. It was almost 60 outside. (And after the sub zero weather we've had for the last few weeks...I needed this)

I'm in a bit of a rut now too. Don't feel like cooking...in the mood for something sweet...bad news. I think I'll follow your suggestion and go clean...arrrghhhhh!

Take care
Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Hey all,
Its soooo good to see all you here. As if the Father in law stuff wasnt enough to deal with now, Our son decided yesterday that he would play good neighbor and defend the little boys on our street. He slugged another boy on our street for messing with the little one. WE had X rays done last nite and was at the bone Doctor for about 4 hours today getting temporary cast. The 6 week one comes next week. Nough said right now, ITs time for me to relax a bit and then its off to bed. EAT WELL>
Old 02-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Hi,

Mac--Sorry to hear about your FIL and son. I am glad your son is sticking up for the little kids although it got him hurt. Hopefully the bullies will leave the little kids alone.

Vikki--Where are my manners, I should have said CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!!! W-A-H-O-O ! ! ! ! Did you do it through Somersizing?? How did you do with the sweet cravings? I hate when I crave something sweet because the plan I've been following allows no sweet additives (ie splenda, somersweet). Lately when I crave something sweet I'll eat an apple, grapefruit, or some pineapple. And then try to distract myself if that doesn't work. LOL!

I've been sticking to plan pretty well the past couple days. Before we know it, it will be springtime which means lighter clothing. I am hell bent on losing these last 20 pounds before summer.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Holy cow this thread is long! Please forgive for asking this question if it's already been addressed, but I just can't read through 16 pages!

I Somercized years ago, and she had a forum at her sight. I went there yesterday and all the stuff I remembered is gone. There's no chat, there's no info. boards, or the success stories she had. What happened to her community pages?
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I noticed her website has recently changed. It looks more updated and professional. It appears the community is still being worked on -- I'm getting the impression the boards will be back up in a little while. I highly doubt she'll permanently remove all of the thousands and thousands of posts, that would upset a lot of people. There are some really great recipes there.

In the mean time, you are welcome to post with us!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Happy Valentines Day, Everyone. Just a bump to keep it going. Father in law is back in hospital. Possible Heart attach or stroke. Might be tooo early to tell. I will know more in a day or two. Eat Well.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Hi all!!!

I SOOO hope this little "corner of the world" doesn't die.... but I'm afraid I've not been here to do my share of tending.

I fell off the wagon - severely - and I've had such a difficult time getting back on!!! I can see I'm not the only one, though I'm glad to see success, too!!!!!!!

I am on the computer alot at work, and so really haven't been online at home much (which is one reason I'm not here, and also another reason I no longer have felt accountable which contributed to me falling off the wagon - gads, what a nasty chain of events!!!) and was SAD to see that Suzanne's website is missing the message boards right now!!!!! I was thinking today that I needed to get some a$$kicking done by just reading success stories and - gasp! - they're gone!!!!

I hope that they will be back again - after all it is us Somercizers that stick together and show her that this WOL works!!!!!!! (ummm.... it does when we don't sabotage ourselves!!!)

I am really disappointed in myself that I KNOW this WOE really can be great ALL of the time. I have more than enough great food to eat, enough variety..... I know I can go to L2 if I REALLY need to until I get myself back on track..... there are SO many options. I KNOW I feel better when I eat the SS way, I KNOW I lose weight, I KNOW my body was really starting to show improvements that I've not seen in YEARS!!!!!

It is emotional, plain and simple. Until I can get a grasp of this, no amount of great tasting low carb food is gonna help. It is not a matter of knowing what to eat and what not to eat in what combinations..... it's the mental stuff, the me feeling sorry for myself.

I'm going to start journaling to see if I can get some of the stress out of my mind and body and on paper. I am also going to get back reading the SS books (got out of the habit, so it doesn't surprise me it was easy to fall off!) and the other inspirational books I have purchased and read that so helped me before.

I know I have to plan - and I didn't do very well at the grocery yesterday for any type of SS'ing. I did cook a pork roast tonite in the rotisserie and I have some bags of cauliflower in the freezer. I have plenty of eggs. I have some cheese for cubes. I have wheat bread for my carbos and legal cereal (no non-fat milk right now, will need to get some tomorrow).

I DO have enough to start tomorrow. Why wait another day?????

I gained back what I had lost, and then some. I ask "How could I let myself do this AGAIN????????!!!!!!!!".... and I don't want to admit that I was eating unconsciously, not really paying any attention, and not even realizing how much/how fast I consumed my food.

I LOVE the taste of cauliflower with a bit of butter. I LOVE the flavor of roasted cabbage and peppers. I LOVE the ease of Oopsies and the smooth sweetness of the whipped cream when I allowed myself to have it. I was content for a while.

I also loved the way I slept, the way I felt, the way my clothes were looser, the way I didn't have the "fog".

Tomorrow..... I start tomorrow morning.

One day at a time, one bite at a time.

I'll commit to share here minimum 3 times a week.

We CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

My stess levels have been through the roof for the past 6 weeks. I might have gained some back myself, but Im still in the same clothes. Son has surgery tomorrow AM on his hand. Pa in law is coming home from hospital tonite. Talk about stressing. Well, Im off right now to try to make some dinner. I check in about 2 times a day. Leave just a small something to keep this Thread going Pleaseeeee, EAT WELL
Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Good day all,
Just passing through right now. If it would matter. Still trying to keep it alive here. EAT WELL