Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Good Day all,
Im just checking in quickly. Im off work all this week, so Im trying to clean my house. I m doing the spring cleaning in the Fall. lol.. Gosh, You wouldnt believe the dust..
Ive not weighed again yet still a 25 lbs lost. I will weigh when I get back to school or the DR office. My eating has been good although I could up my veggies. Eat Well.
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 06:02 AM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Wow Mary you are doing so good "kudos" You must feel so much better. congrats

I am finally starting to get back on track or should I say my body is finally agreeing with me. Well if I don't hear from anyone I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. This year I don't have to cook we are going out to dinner and then dessert at my sister's house so I have no pressure this year I kinda feel like I'm going to miss it but also I feel relieved.

ttul

miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:52 AM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Missy,
Im not cooking this year either. I feel such a relief. We are going to go eat at the buffet where my daughter works. She will be able to sit down and eat with us also. It will be the four of us eating together. Im looking forward to it. Hubby is going to be off of work Thursday and Friday, so he can rest himself a bit too.

Last edited by macongagal; 11-25-2008 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: changing something
Old 11-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
I am hosting Thanksgiving (again) (lol) but my Mom is coming over Wednesday to help. She will be staying over all weekend so I will be spoiled with help, I'm looking forward to it!

I've also been cleaning my house sort of like spring cleaning for the past week. Family members will be all over the house so I want everything looking good. It's actually a good thing because there are things I should have done long ago, when we moved into this house a year ago.

I ordered an organic turkey and I'm prepared to stick with my diet plan for the big dinner. Just think: veggies, veggies, veggies. My next appt is Friday morning so I don't have any room to cheat.

Oh, by the way I am also drinking detox tea and green tea. I really think they are helping in addition to my dieting and exercise and supplements.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:32 AM   #395
Senior LCF Member

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving I know I did my brother and his fiance brought their playstation. So when we had dessert at my sisters house we played guitar hero and had so much fun we went to Wal Mary and my mom bouth the rock band for his Christmas/Birthday gift omgosh we had so much fun.

Well I weighed this morning how unfair to weigh the day after Thanksgiving but I only put on 2 lbs plus TOM is stopped by this morning so 208 again. It seems like 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Well I hope you guys did better than I did I just couldn't say no to lemon meringue pie.

ttul

Missy

Missy
Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

I had an Ok Thanksgiving.. The food was great.. My weight still seems about the same as before. It could have went down some more because I had on my size 1o jeans yesterday and they were baggy on me. Those were the only ones I had really that were fitting well. Now I have to go out shopping again...lol.. Ill come back later on today and check in. Tomorrow its back to school. I dread it soo much..Eat Well.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Bumping, Wondering if everyone has abandoned me here...lol...
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #398
Senior LCF Member

I'm sorry

I didn't go anywhere I have just been busy I have 4 children and boy do they keep me running. I will try to do better.

That is so great size 10 wow and loose. I have finally got back on track and back to 206 yeah. It has been hard though and on top of that I have a terrible cold again.

I have a friend that started somersizing a while ago and didnt see any results for quite a while and then all of the sudden she dropped 9 lbs. it just goes to show us don't quit it will work.

I hope you have a great day. talk to you soon

Missy
Old 12-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

MIssy,
Thanks for a reply. I thought I was going to start talking to myself. Im off to bed. Its been a really hard day. Nite. EatWell.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

I am having a hard time tonight but during the day I did ok. I walked on the treadmill for an hour and my legs are sore but they will feel better tomarrow.

I'll talk at you later.

Missy
Old 12-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #401
Senior LCF Member

I lost 2 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have lost 24 lbs. which puts me at 204 OMG!!! 5 more pounds and I'll be in the 100's I have seen the 100's in 6 and half years.

I can't wait to hear from the rest of you.

Missy
Old 12-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

I still havent weighed again yet. still retaining my loss though... I ll be ar4ound for the weekend. KUTGW Missy...
Old 12-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies, I am checking in. So far I've lost 20 lbs! I am almost at the weight I was at before I had my first dd 7 years ago. My eating is on track, but I know I have to increase my exercise. It's tough when you are a SAHM with little ones too young for school. Oh well I'll figure something out.

Missy--Congrats on your weight loss, soon you'll be in the 100s I just know it!

Mac--Congrats on the loose size 10, I think it's time to start trying on some size 8's. WTG!!!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Today bad day made cookies for the kids and can't stay out of them. No way I want to screw up now.

Good Job Mary I am also a SAHM and what does dd mean? I am so glad I have people to talk to sometimes I just need to confess the guilt.

Macongagal, I am so proud of you maintaining is also hard I was stuck at 210 and at 207 for weeks and then finally broke through but I may have blown it for today. I also have a thyroid problem and the weight just comes off so slow. Well I'll talk to you all later.

Missy
Old 12-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Missy--dd is short for "dear daughter". Dh = dear husband, ds = dear son, etc. It's funny the acronyms you pick up online. Who comes up with them, anyway?? I know what you mean about confessing guilt, I feel the same way. We don't actually know each other, but just having to tell each other we've eaten "bad" stuff or gained weight does make you feel guilty. But that's definitely a good thing. We are accountability coaches for each other.

I didn't explain previously, but I used to exercise at night after my kids went to bed. However my dr says this is too hard on my adrenals and it will actually cause my body to hold onto weight... He wants me to exercise during the day (ie several hours before bedtime). It's tough for me to exercise during the day because I don't have anyone to watch my kids for me. So this is my big struggle as far as exercising....
Old 12-09-2008, 05:45 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

I had the same problem before my youngest dd started school last year. Now I go before I go pick them up at school. But I defininitly understand. I have that problem when they are not in school usually I don't go. I was having my daughters stretch with me at night they loved it but then sometimes I'm to tired at night to do anything. I hope you figure it out if I think of anything I'll let you know.

I wonder if I am retaining water. I always weigh in the morning and I put on 4 lbs. and I was so excited about weighing 204 now this morning 208 what's up with that? I weigh everyday even though they say not to. But Friday's are what counts. Well wish me luck on getting that 4 lbs. off before Friday.

ttul

Missy
Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Hello all,
Just a really quick note.. I have a stomach ache. Im not sure what it was I ate that has caused it, but ouchhy.... Well, Ive checked in now , what about the rest of you...lol...... Happy Hump day too. Eat Well.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

I'm sorry that your stomach hurts and I hope it feels better soon.

Today was a pretty good day eating was good and no headache. I went to the gym and worked really hard today. I feel great, at least today tomarrow may be a different story. Check in with you all later.

Missy
Old 12-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Stomach is much better. I dont know what it was... I havent had any stomach upsets since July when I started somersizing. Ill be back during the weekend to see what every is up to. Im soo glad I only like 5 more days of school til Christmas vacation. Eat Well.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:38 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

I'm so glad you are feeling better. I weighed this morning and same as I was last week 204 but thats ok I was afraid I was going to gain. Well have a great day.

Missy
Old 12-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

I have to get back into my exercising. I havent did any scheduled exercise in ages.. I could do some callenetics or at least something to tone. I might get started next week when we get out of school for almost 3 weeks. I had a sugar free ice cream today. It was really good. It was kinda like those crunch bars things with the crunchy choc of the outside and vanilla ice cream inside. Yum..
Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

You are making me hungry just thinking about it. yum!!!

Maybe I will go get a frozen yogart. It sounds so good.

Missy
Old 12-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all are stopping by, Just being tooo busy to post. Hubby and I actually went out today and did some shopping. I went to bath and body works...I never really ever go in there unless it is Christmas. If I go in a buy tooo much... I had a coupon today..lol... I got some good smelly stuff. I still havent weight again. Yesterday I kinda ODed on some sugar free candy.. Oh that is not a good idea. Gas city...hehehehe..... Eat Well..
Old 12-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Hi,

I got weighed on Friday and I am up almost 2 lbs. The dr says it is because of TOM, TOM stresses the adrenals and it can cause the body to hold fluid. If you are in a similar situation, gaining a couple lbs in just a day, it is not fat but fluid. If you are interested, the book/diet my dr is following is The 7 Principles of Fat Burning and there is invaluable info on this and much more. Just an FYI.

Wishing you lots of will power everyone!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Monacalgal I did that once and that was all it took I didn't think my stomach would ever feel better.

Mary I can gain up to 5 to 7 lbs. before I start so I really watch the salt intake at that time too. Don't worry it will go away.

I hope everyone does well today.

ttul

Missy
Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Thank Goodness I made it to my vacation..lol... Hope you all are all doing wonderfully. Im going to enjoy my little vaca to the greatest.. IM off to bed now. I will come back tomorrow and check in.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #417
Senior LCF Member

Hi all,

My dd just had her bday today and although I had a little chocolate, I didn't have any bday cupcakes which is HUGE for me since I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE cupcakes. Since I don't go back to my dr until after Xmas he gave me the advice that if I'm going to indulge a little, to eat vegetarian meals before and after the "cheat" to help get me back on track. Basically I've been eating vegetarian all week trying to prepare for today and next week. Give it a try if you know you'll be tempted by holiday goodies...and let me know if it works. I'll do the same.

Missy--You are right, sodium is a big culprit in fluid retention. My dr says to counteract the sodium by getting in sources of potassium. Dr. Eric Berg’s Health Tips Potassium?Sodium Ratios I am loading up on the veggies Dr Berg mentions in the article so as to try to avoid extra fluid retention.

Mac--I have also over done it on sf candy so I know that pain. Been there, done that, don't want to go through it again lol. Enjoy your time off!!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info I am so frustrated this must be the hardest time of the year to stay OP I am a SAHM and people still bring stuff to me and I promised to make a bunch of goodies for Christmas Eve OH MY!!!! Well I'll check in with you guys later thanks for being here for me. Sometimes I just need someone to talk to.

Missy
Old 12-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #419
Senior LCF Member

You are very welcome to Private message me anytime Missy.. Im usually on LCF a couple of times each day. It is a very hard time of year to be watching what we ate for sure. PM me.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #420
Senior LCF Member

I am also having a hard time staying on plan. The holidays are the very hardest because I just want to relax and relaxing usually = eating whatever I want lol. I suppose that's why I'm in this predicament in the first place. I have to admit I had a few cheats (Saturday night I caved and ate some biscotti) but overall I'm doing OK. The biggest thing that is keeping me on track is the fact I have a dr's appt the day after Christmas. I scheduled it purposely to keep me accountable. I've been eating mostly vegetarian meals to try to make up for the cheats I've had... I'll let you know the outcome on the 26th!