Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 05:47 AM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Congrats Mary that's great weight loss. I'm glad you feel better.

I hope the rain clears out some of the dust in the air I live in the valley and the dust is so bad right now.

I hope everyone has a great day.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Hey all,
This thread can not die. So hopefully this will bump it back up again. We need the special support, at least I know I do. I made the mistake of having just a couple of pieces of halloween candy yesterday.. I dont feel so great today. GAS is terrible. I know better, just dont always do well...lol...
Hope all of you had a good Halloween and were good . Well, Im off to get ready for a baby shower.. My daughters friend is expecting her first in a few weeks. That is as close as I can come to Grandma for the time being. Eat Well.
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Halloween kicked my butt! I did not do well which led me into not eating well today. Tomorrow is another day. I WILL do better.

Tanya
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

SKyesmom,
I watched everything closely yesterday that I put into my mouth. I felt better yesterday evening and today. Yes, You will do better. You know this is a wonderful WOE and you will continue to follow it. Im going now to make some oatmeal. Ill be back later today. Eat well.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Hi all,

I am checking in.... Having 3 kids who went trick-or-treating you can imagine how much candy and snacks are in my house right now. Plus we went to my nephew's birthday party today where there was cake and icecream. But I haven't given in at all. Boy, it's soooo tempting BUT I just do not want to throw away the progress I've made so far (not to mention the $$$ I'm paying for my diet plan!). This time next year I will allow myself to sample some of the goodies but not this year. Those of you who gave in and had some, don't beat yourself up over it, it's not a big deal. I think it's OK to give in to temptations once in a while, after all we're all human. Just commit yourself to healthy eating on-plan for the next 3 days and I'm sure you'll be back right where you had left off.

My next appt and weigh-in is on Wednesday so I'll keep you all updated. Until then happy healthy eating everyone!!

Take care,

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I just have to buckle down right now and get back in the "zone". Hope everyone else is doing well. Congrats on your weight loss Mary_M.
Have a great evening,
Tanya
Old 11-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #367
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anitaj71
Halloween kicked my butt too . . . Then I have the worst cold and all I want to eat is comfort foods = pasta,bread more carbs. I'm glad I came on and read some of the posts. I'm not the only one having a hard time with cravings and candy treats! Had a good day today, breakfast, blueberry smoothie 20minutes later all bran cereal w/skim milk. Lunch chefs salad with balsamic and oil, snack, cucumber slices with spinach dip and dinner, barbecued pork chops with curry cauliflower casserole.

I've only lost a little over 5 lbs but my clothes are much looser than the weight loss indicates . . .
anitaj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with Halloween. Today is another day. Back to the gym after not going for a week that will be hard. At least we can pick ourselfs up and get right back on track again.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

I was finally legal all day today. Hopefully I can get myself moving in the right direction again. Not that I want anyone to do poorly but it's was kind of helpful to know that I wasn't the only one that struggled.
Keep up the good work everyone,
Tanya
Old 11-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #370
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone,
ITs almost Friday. Yipppeee. Gosh the kids at school have been so darn lousy acting this week. I must say though there is never a boring day at our middle school.lol We had a few good laughs today. It amazes me how some of these kids find their way to school in the morning. Well, enough about those kids...lol..
I have lost 24 pounds total as of today. Im now down to 152. I didnt have TOM this month either. Im not sure what is going on there. I didnt have any symtoms of TOM either. I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this Sumercising... Eat Well
Old 11-07-2008, 05:51 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

The kids at my kids school have been acting up too maybe left over from Halloween or the weather change not sure but I wish it would hurry up and pass.

Moncongagal, congrats on the 24 lbs. You must feel great. I know even though I gained 2 of my 20 I still feel better than I did.

Hope everyone is working their way down.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Missy,
Do you teach? I work as a Para with special needs children. ITs very challenging. I could of course find something that paid more money, but I like it I think....lol..
Old 11-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

No I work in my kids classrooms alot. Someday I think I would like to teach, but I don't know, by the time my children are old enough for me to go back to school I will be to old. My youngest is in first grade and my other daughter is in 4th then I have a 7th grader and a sophmore in High school.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:32 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

Missy,
You are NEVER tooo old. I dont teach either, but if you have the desire to do so, go for it. After I have worked for our school system for 5 years, I have made the decision that I dont want to teach..lol..... Teachers cant teach now like they used to be able to teach. They have tooo much paperwork to keep up with and guides to follow. They cant be themselves and just teach.
As far as the WOE goes, things are still great here. Still no TOM this month. I just had an apple about an hour ago. I m going to make me a bowl of oatmeal in a few. The rest of the day I will probably do proteins and low carb.
MY water intake is great during the week, but on the weekends I tend to slack off. I need to do better on the weekends. I dont seem to be having any problems with cravings either.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

I am the same way on the weekends to busy or to lazy to think about it. The weekdays are all scheduled out so that makes it easier for some reason. Thanks for the words of encouragement about teaching. It might also be nice to someday just help in the classroom and get paid for it but not until my kids are older I don't want to miss their games or fieldtrips and they won't let you take off for that I checked into it at my kids school.

Do good this week I've been trying to eat my carbs in the morning and protein the rest of the day I think it is working for me at least I feel better.

Boy those 2 pounds just don't want to come back off they are making me very frustrated. Talk to you soon.

Missy
Old 11-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #376
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nutritionistusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefCary View Post
Suzanne Somers has her own set of books and low carb diet. It seems very similar to Carbohydrate Addicts Diet and Atkins, though not nearly as severe. It's got a premise of food combining, too - not drastic, but it makes sense to me.

She has four books that I know of. I have two - and was hoping someone could tell me if the other two are worth it.

I've been on it 6 days, and have lost 3 lbs. - but most importantly I FEEL better. I'm sleeping better, not eating/snacking all day, and feel satisfied with what I eat for the first time in years.

Cary in OHio
I've found her books interesting but haven't tried them, thanks for the testimonial, I will try her plan out.
nutritionistusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies,

I've lost 12 lbs so far... get weighed again on Tuesday. I was on the "Liver detox" diet for 2 wks, now I'm on a "thyroid/liver diet" which is expanded to include protein; for example today I had a steak salad. Basically it's low fat (eat only "healthy" vegetable-based fats including nuts), some protein, dairy and fruits; and mostly vegetables. Everything organic if at all possible. It's a big change for me but I'm seeing results (my mid-section is getting smaller!) so it's definitely worth doing. As I progress I'm able to eat more things--I can't wait to be able to have protein shakes again!!

Hang in there everyone, check in with you soon...
Old 11-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Mary I'm glad you feel better. I also have a thyroid problem but I don't like a lot of vegies so Suzanne's program is good for me and it works.

ttul
Old 11-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone,
Im nursing a cold or allergies, Something. I dont really feel bad just cant breathe well and Im sneezing my head off. Food wise everything is going well right now. I just downed two bowls of Swamp cabbage that I made Sunday nite... Yummm. Thank goodness I can still taste the food. Eat Well.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Ok, a quick update: I am down a total of 14 lbs since starting on 10/14, wahoo!

Miscmissy--I hear you on the veggies, I wasn't the biggest veggie fan either. However something was up with my body, I was losing at an incredibly s-l-o-w pace despite following Level I strictly. It totally threw me for a loop since I had been doing Somersizing for about 10 years and it had always worked very quickly before to shed excess weight. Apparently my third and last pregnancy really screwed up my body. Once everything is 'back to normal' with my organs I can go back to Somersizing. I will encorporate more veggies though since I can see what a difference they make with digestion and overall health.

Mac--I hope you feel better, my kids are also sick. This time of year is awful for catching sicknesses.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Mary M thank you I have also been trying to eat veggies I know it helps it is just hard to chock them down . Congrats on the 14 lbs.

I think I am finally back on track 208 this morning it has taken me 3 weeks to get those 4 lbs off from the week of Halloween 1 more lb to go to be back were I was. It sure is more fun to put it on than to take it off. I hope I don't screw up again and if I do I hope it doesn't go on and on and on

Friday is my weigh in day so I will hope that last pound comes off.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #382
Senior LCF Member

Hello Ladies,

I need to post and make myself accountable. Everytime I stop coming to the boards I start slipping. I have been so busy at home with my four kids, husband, kid's sports and my classes (lots of essay writing) that I just let go of my WOE. I have to check in somewhere everyday to keep myself on track.

Luckily, I have been doing a T-Tapp move, Hoe Downs after all my meals and I have not gained. I really should have gained...

macongagal- I have a daughter with a rare brain defect and I wanted to tell you that good aids at school are greatly appretiated by us parents. It takes a very special person to be good at that job.

Because I am on the run quite a bit, I was wondering if any of you have any fast food prefrences. I live in Ca. so there is In-N-Out Burger (she talks about in her book) I also go to Jack in the Box and order the chicken pita which I eat with a fork and leave the pita. Any suggestions other than salads?

Have a great Friday,

Tanya
Old 11-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Eating is still good here. Not much appetite today for me though. Im stressing about some things I really havent much control over. I m hoping most of this situation will be resolved in the morning.
Sykes mom, I work with children that are autisic, braing disorders, One with a inoperatable brain tumor and the EBD chldren. THere is never a boring day at our school.. Sometimes you must laugh to keep from crying.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:34 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Bumping for someone to check in...lol..
Old 11-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

I have been maintaing my weight which is good, but nothing exciting to write about. How is everyone else doing?

Tanya
Old 11-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

I too have been maintaining and nothing exciting to write about either. I think I have been slipping lately so time to buckle down and get things moving again.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

I have had a rough week. I wont go into it at this time. I might when it is all done with...lol Eating is good. I havent weighed for a while. I m maintaining. I can tell because of the way my clothes fit. I think Im going to hit Goodwill this week and see what kind of deals I can find. I need sweaters and that is the best place to find nice sweaters for cheap. They charge about 4 to 6 dollars each.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

I wish the goodwill here was good it's not sometimes we go out of town and hit the goodwill. At least you are maintaining good job. Finally I am down where I was before Halloween hit. It only took a month amasing how long it takes to take it off than to put it on.

have a great day. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #389
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kgabbert
Stats: 183/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2008
Atkins & Somersizing

I usually try to stay closer to Atkins in the beginning, but incorporate many of the SS recipes. The recipes are so delicious and can keep you on track by not letting you get too bored with what you are eating. The two WOE are very close. My family can't believe I am losing weight when they see the things that I get to eat with SS recipes!
kgabbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

I am checking back in, I hadn't realized how long it had been since my last visit. One of my dds had pneumonia and was suspected to have whooping cough (tests came back negative), the other 2 were also sick in addition to myself being sick, so you can see I had my hands full for the past few weeks. We are all getting better *knock on wood* and we're looking forward to Thanksgiving.

I am in the 5th week of my Dr. Berg weightloss plan and so far I've lost 17 lbs. I'm about half way to my goal. I figure if I can keep up a 2 lb per week weightloss I'll reach my goal at the end of January. (I won't be a skinny minny but I'll be a healthy size, probably size 6 or 8.) It will be challenging during the holidays, but if I can make it through Halloween without eating a single piece of candy I think I can handle the holiday cookies/candies/desserts. Nothing really tastes as good as the feeling of being healthy and in-shape!

Here's a basic outline of what I've been eating:

b: 2 scrambled eggs with variety of colorful veggies
l: 5 oz protein (usually chicken) with sauted veggies and/or salad
s: home made trail mix (raw nuts and seeds)
d: bowl of berries and other fruits with nuts
s: grapefruit

Sometimes for breakfast I'll have fruit mixed with 1/2 cup of yogurt instead of eggs.. and a large salad instead of the fruit for dinner. But this is basically what I've been eating in order to lose the weight. All dairy and meats are organic and most veggies and fruits are organic, when available.

Kgabbert--You are so right, SS recipes are AWESOME! The ones in the cookbooks and the ones on her websites rock.

I hope everyone is doing well. Check in if you can and let us know how you're doing and what you're eating....