Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Hi Lacie,

Yes, I bought the new Somersweet when it was introduced last month. I like is just fine. It is basically the same as the "old" formula, except that there is more bulk to it so that it is an even measurement to sugar. It is basically for people who want to bake with it since it measures the same as sugar. I've only had it for a few weeks so I can't say whether or not it also gets hard as a rock like the old formula but I'll keep you gals updated.
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been online for a while. A lot is going on with me. I'm busy with my little ones (ages 3, 4 and 6) and I'm too tired at night to post very much.

I'm seeing a chiropractor who practicies the Dr. Berg weightloss plan, he weighed me ( ) and calculated my BMI. My weight was an unpleasant surprise (196) but my BMI wasn't *too* bad (28) (30 is obese). I decided to go to him because I came to the realization that with all the effort I am putting into my weightloss, I should be losing more than I've lost. He did all sorts of tests and I have problems with my liver, adrenals, and overall hormone levels. I'm to stop exercising and I'm starting a liver cleanse tomorrow along with a vegetarian diet, and doing this for 3 days. It's rather strict, but I figure I'm already pretty strict with myself so it should be "OK." I go back on Friday for accupressure. I'll let you know how it goes...

Cya,

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
Hi Mary,
Thank you for letting me know that you didn't have any problems with the new Somersweet. I'll be ordering some. I will be using it for baking, as I don't want to use Splenda anymore. Thanks again!

lacie
lacie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: August 18, 2009
Mary sorry to hear about your problems. I hope everything gets better soon.

Lacie why not use splenda anymore? I've been using stevia in my tea and splenda when I cook.

Good morning to everyone else. for some reason my weight is not coming off like it was I think I might be doing something wrong. I've been eating taco salad for lunch but with a little corn tortilla chips in it and I know no corn I just needed a crunch. corn tortillas have no flour or sugar in them. So frustrating.

Missy
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Hi everyone,
I have been reading Fast & Easy and am interested in this WOE. My problem has been sugar cravings in the late evening. It is so frustrating that I can do so well all day and then blow it at 9 o'clock at night. When I was low carbing I would have SF jello and a little whip cream. Is that allowed? Do any of you have something that you eat that gets you through those times? Thanks for any help. I am hoping to find some time to read your previous posts to learn more on how you all make this program work for you. Have a great day.
Tanya
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

I do eat sfjello with lite cool whip it does seem to help another thing you can do is cream cheese with 1 tsp of vanilla splenda to taste and then blend that well and mix with a tub of cool whip it will be like cheescake which is also good on the jello. pro fats.

Missy
Old 10-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
Missy - what Cool Whip are you using? It's FULL of sugar, is why I'm wondering.

You could make your own whipped cream by using heavy whipping cream and a touch of splenda/stevia and a drop of vanilla. That would make it legal. Lite cool whip is only low fat - it's not no-sugar.

Just hoping to help. I'm rarely here anymore, sorry - I've picked up more hours at work, which is why I'm writing at 10:30 at night and I'm on my way to bed.

I'm doing okay - not losing as fast as I want, but still eating more Level 2 than I should. I'm really doing more maintenance right now, which I can't complain about too much - but I need to get back on the Level 1 wagon!!!

Cary

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I do eat sfjello with lite cool whip it does seem to help another thing you can do is cream cheese with 1 tsp of vanilla splenda to taste and then blend that well and mix with a tub of cool whip it will be like cheescake which is also good on the jello. pro fats.

Missy
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Tanya,
Welcome aboard!!!

How long have you been SS'ing? The sugar cravings "should" start to diminish after 2-3 weeks on the plan.

I lost a bit slower, but every night I had flavored heavy whipping cream, whipped. I used a bit of kool aid and a packet of Stevia to flavor it. I don't need crunchy so much, my "thing" is creamy. Then I started weaning myself off it, and now I just have some now and then.

Just be very careful to stay legal, especially at the beginning. If you cheat, you're only cheating yourself, but you'll be tempted to say this WOL doesn't work. It DOES!!!!!! Stay as legal as possible. If you have an "oops", then just get right back on the next bite you eat. Follow the rules about time in between pro/fats and carbs.

Another thing that has helped so many is to watch how many carb meals you eat in a week. I eat 1-2, because more than that I crave carbs. There are carbs in the legal veggies and fruits, so you're not totally going without as some say - and too many in a day for me can wreak havoc on my cravings.

Ask any questions!!!! I'm really busy right now - a job that's demanding more hours and my family as busy as always!! - but I try to peek in once a day!!

Cary

Missy - for the crunchy, have you tried making cheese "croutons"? It's just like the cheese "crackers", but when they're still warm but cool enough to touch, roll them up and cut them in small pieces. They're crunchy little tidbits. OR - leave them 'whole' as crackers, which would resemble tortilla chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
Hi everyone,
I have been reading Fast & Easy and am interested in this WOE. My problem has been sugar cravings in the late evening. It is so frustrating that I can do so well all day and then blow it at 9 o'clock at night. When I was low carbing I would have SF jello and a little whip cream. Is that allowed? Do any of you have something that you eat that gets you through those times? Thanks for any help. I am hoping to find some time to read your previous posts to learn more on how you all make this program work for you. Have a great day.
Tanya
Old 10-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Hey all,
We are almost to Friday.. Yippeeee. Here is an intresting tibdit of information for you all.. Today is Suzanne Somers 62 nd birthday. I can only hope that I look as good as she does at 62.
Skyesmom, Dont cheat yourself. This program works. It isnt difficult to follow, If it were I wouldnt be doing it. I eat some sugar free candy. Only about 2 day though. My tummy doesnt like the SF candies.. That usually helps with the craving.
Tomorrow is our Fall Festival at the school. It looks as if it will be raining. I sure hope not we already had to cancel a week ago because of the rain. Eat Well
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:07 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

ChefCary I use cool whip free but the lite only has 1g of sugar.

I also tried to check out the tortilla chips but can't find the cheese flavored ones can someone help me?

i didn't loose any weight this week but I did stay the same I should start TOM in about a week and I always have a problem the week before and the week during.

I hope everyone is doing great.

Missy
Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the tips. I have been trying to Somercize for a week. But only the past two days have been truly "legal". I really like being able to eat a piece of fruit in the morning. I think I will lose a little slower eating this way. But I believe it will be WAY easier for me to maintain the weight loss. That is what I need. I can lose weight on any program but I struggle to maintain. My body LOVES to be at a certain weight. It just naturally bounces back to it. Does not go over or under this number, just stays right there. Unfortunatly it's about 30lbs over my healthy weight range. Well I have to get back to the kitchen. I am prepping for my weekend. Since it is normally madness around our place with all of our childrens activities!
Hope you all have a great Friday.
Tanya
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #342
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anitaj71
Hi Everyone . . I bought sommersweet a while ago and I found it had an aftertaste. However when I am desperate for something sweet I will use a wee bit in cream.

When I am out and about I will often stop at Wendys and pick up a blt salad with grilled chicken. The problem is all of their salad dressings have sugar in them. I hate travelling around with dressing. The bottle often gets greasy and carrying around little tupperware dishes with dressing in it can also be messy. Does anyone know where I can get full fat sugar free dressing single serving packets? (or am I just asking too much )
anitaj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Missy,

They're just cheese crackers. But you can make them in circles, and while still warm, cut them in wedges like tortilla chips.

I don't use the sliced cheese - it can be "funky". I just prefer shredded cheddar.

Cary
* 2 slices American cheese (not "cheese food")
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 ounces deli-sliced Colby-Jack cheese
* Low-carb salsa, as needed

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Stack the slices of American cheese and cut it into 16 small squares. Separate the pieces, and transfer them to a small bowl. Add the salt, chili powder, and garlic powder toss to combine. Arrange the 32 cheese pieces in 4 rows of 8, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving as much space in between each as possible.

Stack the Colby-Jack slices and cut them into about 24 small pieces. Arrange them on another parchment paper-lined baking sheet in 4 rows of 6—without any seasonings.

Bake both until well-browned and crispy, about 7 and 7 1/2 minutes. If undercooked, they'll be soggy, so don't be afraid to check them and put them back in for more time, if needed.

Cool the crisps and crackers completely before serving—as they cool, they'll crisp up. Store on the counter in an airtight container for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
ChefCary I use cool whip free but the lite only has 1g of sugar.

I also tried to check out the tortilla chips but can't find the cheese flavored ones can someone help me?

i didn't loose any weight this week but I did stay the same I should start TOM in about a week and I always have a problem the week before and the week during.

I hope everyone is doing great.

Missy
Old 10-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #344
Junior LCF Member

Yummy I'm going to make those tortilla chips . . .
Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cary I will try that I got up this morning and weighed and I have lost 20 lbs. I never thought I would see the day. Although my weigh in day is Friday I'm still very excited 9 more to get below 200 Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

I appriciate all the support here and from the suzanne somers website.

From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!!

Missy
Old 10-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #346
Junior LCF Member

Woohoo
Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

That is so great Missy! Congratulations.
Do you have any favorite foods or recipes that have kept you on track? The past couple of days I have been eating the same things over and over and I am getting bored (that's not good). So I went over to the SS website and found some great recipes for level 1. I have to go grocery shopping though. So I better get off the computer!
Keep up the good work ladies,
Tanya
Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Well,
I just gotta come in and tell you all I have now lost 22 lbs. Im like Missy. I never thought Id see the day again that I would lose the weight. Im now down to 154. I bought a pair of corduory pants the other day at a thrift shop that at a 11 12 jr. They are a bit big. Right now a 10 is a good size for me. Eat Well All.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Another big "loser"! Congratulations. After you both posted such great results I have to admit I decided to weigh myself. It being my TOM I had my doubts...but I have lost 5 lbs since I started and I know that I have extra water weight. I can't wait till next week! I really like this WOE.

Have a great one,

Tanya
Old 10-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

I have never had my weight stay the same when it is time for TOM. I usually put on about 5 pounds during that time. I was amazed.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Macongagal, Tanya and Anita this has been incredible and there are times when I say just forget it I really want that piece of pizza or that cookie or candy bar as I check out of the store. I'm very proud of you Macongagal for losing 20 lbs don't you feel like now I know I can keep going. My pants are so much looser and I feel so much better. You know though for losing the 20 lbs. People still haven't noticed that I have lost weight. My husband says it is because of the clothes I wear. I don't like things tight. So when that first comment comes I'll be sure to let you know.

It is my TOM in about a week and I always gain about 5lbs so I'm glad I weighed in yesterday and not today. Everyone keep up the good work and I'll talk at you later.

Missy

Missy
Old 10-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Its now time for TOM. I do believe I started about the 27th of September. I wont weigh right now, although I did weigh last month at this time and wasnt retaining fluid at the time.
Everyone have a wonderful week. I will have it quite easy this week. The child that I normally work with will be out Monday and Tuesday. Dont get me wrong, I like the child. She is hard to get to know. I have some days that if I say something to her she growls at me. LOL . That is just her way of communicating with me or so she thinks.
As far as eating today. Breakfast I had eggs, cheese and left over steak, scarmbled. Lunch was I didnt really have lunch I had an apple and later on had some wheat thins. I had breakfast very late. Dinner was two brats with mustard and cheese. I had a salad along with them... I has some diet pepsi Max. I drank mostly my water..
Old 10-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: billgirl
Stats: 193/151/125
WOE: SSing
Start Date: July 28, 2008
Sweet Treats (Legal)

Hi Ladies! I haven't been around in a while, but glad to see our thread is going strong.
Tonight I tried a recipe out of Fast N Easy...it is the Lemon Creme Fraiche Ice Cream....CREEEAAAAMMMMYYY...Wow! I really like it; it was very satisfying, and I have enough for probably the whole week because it is very rich. It is a frozen custard.

I also bought myself a new toy. I too was getting into a rut with my cooking. I need fast and easy during the week for the family. I bought a pressure cooker and tried several of the recipes from FAST and EASY...and the family liked them. The only thing I tried that so far I haven't really liked is the celery root puree...I got my hopes up when she said they're better than mashed potatoes...NOT.

Eat well!
Vikki
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
Hi everyone,
Tanya

Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but rather the moments that take our breath away!
billgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:01 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

How crazy, I just bought a pressure cooker yesterday. I had no plans to buy one but there it was sitting on the clearance shelf. I thought what the heck I'll try it. I really need some fast dinner options on week nights.
I have four kids and we are commited to some kind of sport activity every SINGLE day of the week. I need all the help that I can get. On second thought, I just need to say NO more often! So I will have to try some of those recipes. I'll post what my favorites are.
Have a great Monday ladies,
Tanya
Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Vikki I don't think anything replaces mashed potatoes. I know what you mean about being busy I too have 4 children and yes they keep you running.

I really should try the lemon ice cream it sounds so good.

I have had a hard time the last 2 days I have a terrible cold and I a very migrain today what a time. To top it off I was taking cough drops well guess what is in them fructose 15 calories per drop that is sugar probrably making my headaches worse. Well talk at you later.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Missy
Old 10-27-2008, 06:50 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Hi Moncongagal I notice that sometimes we are on line at the same time but I check on the chat room and nobody is ever there I guess no one likes to talk on the chat. Well I hope everything is going good for you and I hope I have a better day tomarrow.

ttul (talk to you later)
Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Oh my,
EVeryone wake up..... Is it cold where you are tonite??? Sure is here in Middle Georgia. brrrrrr. Gonna be even colder in the morning. Eat Well and stay warm..
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Not cold at all in California 82 degrees today can't wait for the cooler weather it is supposed to cool off this weekend. I saw the cold front on the news for the middle of the US bundle up.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone,

I've been AWOL since starting my Berg diet and acupressure treatments from my chiropractor. In 2 weeks I lost 10 lbs . My chiro is really impressed with my progress and is very confident I'll be losing around 2 lbs per week. I did a liver cleansing diet (ie all veggies, fruit, nuts, a little dairy and occasionally some beans) for 2 wks and now I'm starting to add a little bit of protein in the form of fish and meats. Because of my liver I have to be careful with proteins--I have to eat it early in the day and I can't have too much of it. But as my liver heals I'll be able to gradually increase and eventually get back to Somersizing.

I am loving the program, I had TOM during the 2 wk cleansing part but I had no pain (usually have pain in my leg behind my right knee and menstrual cramping) and my other TOM symptoms were pretty much non-existent. (It turns out the pain behind my knee was related to my adrenals which are in good shape now.) I am kicking myself for not getting in touch with this chiropractor a long time ago, when I first heard about his program. I highly encourage those of you who are experiencing cyclical pain or chronic pain to see a reputable chirpractor, you may be pleasantly surprised at what that person can do for you!

I'll check in soon! Keep eating well and stay warm!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Our little part of Ca is still in the low 80s but the weather man is calling for rain this Friday-Sunday. Poor little tricker treaters.

Tanya