Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mork
bump please.
mork is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPop View Post
Hi Guys, I thought you had to wait an hour after fruit before your carbo meal?......Am I wrong?

Have any of you done SS then gone on to Atkins - lost then stalled and then went back to SS with success? I'm discouraged and not sure what the deal is.

B
Hi,

Yes, I started off my low carb eating with Suzanne's first book way back in 1997. Through the years I went on and off the plan due to life events (ie the death of my sister put me into a severe depression and I gained a lot of weight; the births of my 3 daughters caused weight gain). Somersizing was my way of losing the added weight until I had my 3rd daughter... I got off track, got tired of food combining so I decided I could lose the weight with Atkins. I was wrong... I initially lost weight but stalled big time. I was in a 6 month stall and then decided ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH so I went back to Somersizing. I am losing weight again and I am HAPPY!! I just cannot lose weight while eating things like nuts and other "funky" foods. Oh well, I figure I can encorporate them occasionally once I am on L2. So it's not that I will never, ever eat them again. I know that I can't go overboard though and I'm OK with that.

"Today is a gift from God, that's why it's called the present."

Callanetics addict (5x/wk) -- It Works!!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Paleo|Primal Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_M View Post
Hi,

Yes, I started off my low carb eating with Suzanne's first book way back in 1997. Through the years I went on and off the plan due to life events (ie the death of my sister put me into a severe depression and I gained a lot of weight; the births of my 3 daughters caused weight gain). Somersizing was my way of losing the added weight until I had my 3rd daughter... I got off track, got tired of food combining so I decided I could lose the weight with Atkins. I was wrong... I initially lost weight but stalled big time. I was in a 6 month stall and then decided ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH so I went back to Somersizing. I am losing weight again and I am HAPPY!! I just cannot lose weight while eating things like nuts and other "funky" foods. Oh well, I figure I can encorporate them occasionally once I am on L2. So it's not that I will never, ever eat them again. I know that I can't go overboard though and I'm OK with that.
Mary, that's what happens to me, when I do just low-carb. I lose alot, but then I stall and cannot lose. I am definitely losing on Somersizing. I think the reason nuts don't stall me, is because I really don't eat many of them, at all...maybe an ounce, every once in a while. But, I'm going to quit eating them all together.

It's so difficult to get that "subtract the fiber grams" out of my mindset...I've done it so long.
Sugar Free Sweet Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: macongagal
WOE: Somersizing
Start Date: Im down 25 pounds now from 7-27
Mork,
Ive lost 20 lbs in 9 weeks doing this program.. I went from 176 to 156 lbs.
macongagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome. Would you mind giving me a sample menu? And do you know the question about the bread? Having a hard time finding anyone who has answers. Thanks. I appreciate it so much. I am reading the book but its overwhelming and I feel like I read some conflicting answers. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mork View Post
Hi everyone. I am just learning more about SS and just thought you could have WW bread or wraps on level one. Did I misunderstand? ALso-would some of you please just post some of your sample menus and your success you have had on her plan. thanks!! Right now I am reading her lose weight feel great book. How about you? Which do you like? Seems to be a lot of info. in all her books and is a little over whelming.
How many fat grams are in WW bread/wraps? That's what you want when you're eating carbs...NO FAT.

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 10-05-2008 at 08:45 AM..
Old 10-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Ok. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:24 PM   #308
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: anitaj71
Cary, Thank you for reminder to stay on the plan. I have been reading too much low carb 'stuff' and I start to get confused and want to mix and match the programs. I have 2 ss books I have to go back and read some more to stay on track and stay on the plan!

I made the most delicious breakfast this morning.
I sauteed sausage, onion, red bell pepper and zucchini.
Made some hollandaise sauce. ( yummy ) and poached some eggs. I served the eggs on the saute` with freshly sliced tomatos and all topped off with the hollandaise sauce. I found some starbucks decaf christmas blend from last year ( the pack was still sealed ) added some cinnamon to the grounds and had some delish coffee with our meal.
anitaj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #309
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: LCRedhead
Stats: Total Lost 9.5
WOE: SS
Start Date: Aug. 22, 2008
anitaj,
I want to have breakfast with you!
LCRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miscmissy
Stats: 228/209/150
Start Date: August 18, 2009
I haven't posted since last week but I am glad to hear that everyone is doing pretty well the more you eat this way I think it becomes habit. So Mork hang in there I to have lost 16 lbs. since the end of August. I also was sick for about 4 weeks trying to get off sugar. Hang in there.
miscmissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

If you are eating any bread, which brand/type and when -morning, afternoon, etc. I am just looking for any tips or advice you all might have after being on the program for awhile. After doing Atkins it is hard to switch to something like this. I am a little scared of fruit.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mary_M
Stats: size 14/size 12/size 6
WOE: Dr Berg based diet plan
Start Date: 1997; restarted 10/5/10
Mork--I very rarely eat bread now. I don't do well with carbo meals (they don't fill me up and I'm dealing with an empty stomach for 3 hours --until I can eat fats/protein). If I want bread I just make oopsies. Sorry I can't help you more!

Also, as far as sample menus, if you go back through our old posts in this thread, some of us are listing what we're eating on a daily basis so that should help. In addition, suzanne's website in the community section has members who list sample menus based on level 1, level 2, and almost level 1. That should really help you.

Here's something that I wanted to share regarding exercise. I had been sick for most of September and while I ate mostly on plan I did not exercise. Finally last night I decided to resume my exercise routine and did an hour of Callanetics . When I woke up today I noticed the padding of fat I had on each of my upper thighs is considerably smaller. This is not the first time this has happened to me so I have been reminded once again that without exercise I lose weight at a snail's pace. So if you are like me, please do yourself a favor and make a concerted effort to do some vigorous exercise (within your limits of course), you may be pleasantly surprised at the results. It makes eating this way sooo much easier when you get awesome results!
Mary_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Mork, most of the time, I use this recipe for my "bread": http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-included.html
I just make them about the size of a thick tortilla, and fold them in half (like a taco shell).

But, for the times that I do want bread, I've found Earthgrains Pumpernickle/Rye Bread. It has one gram of fat, so I don't eat it very often, but it's the lowest in fat that I've found. My carbo meals usually consist of non-fat cereal and skim milk.

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 10-07-2008 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much!! I love to read about others experiences. Had you done Atkins before this? Was it tough to switch? Physically and emotionally?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 PM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Mork,
I did Atkins for about 5 years. I too had a hard time begining to eat the fruits. I now know that I had been holding myself back from losing the weight. As far as the menus that we have had, Go back in this thread there are quite a few of them from most of us that frequent here. Eat Well.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

I also did Atkins, before. I've done low-carb of one kind or another for the past six years. You're right. It's very scary to think that you can eat carbs and still lose weight. I had stalled and wasn't losing anything on my low carb diet, so I figured "what do I have to lose?". I was amazed that I could eat a bowl of cereal and skim milk, and still lose weight. HOWEVER, I am still afraid of carbs. I usually eat a bowl of cereal every couple of days. That's about it, as far as my carbo meals go.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

I also did Atkins for a while a few years ago and it gave me terrible heartburn. But I'm doing pretty well on this one and I actually enjoy it. The only thing I have problems with is the snacking because when I'm hungry I'm hungry. Melle I love your heart chart. If you don't mind telling how did you do it?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ChefCary
WOE: Somercize - the plan that WORKS!
Start Date: every day
I did Carb Addicts Diet - and I still have it in my profile thingy - but I didn't lose NEAR what I have in SS-ing, and not NEAR as easily. It was difficult. I know the Reward Meal wasn't supposed to be a 'free for all', but it was SO easy to do so.

SS, once you get the principles down, is really easy. And once you get detoxed, it's really easy to stay on, too. It's those stupid "cheats", even half-legal Level 2 ones (I say it's a cheat because we're not supposed to be on Level 2 until we lose all our weight) that get me.

I do have some Atkins books that I've picked up in 2nd hand stores, just for the recipes Not all of them are legal for SS, but some are!

Cary
ChefCary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Hey all,
I m off work today. I just had me eggs and Im ready to go. I have officially lost 19 pounds in about 9 weeks. Now I just need to work on the other 15 pounds.. Have a great day and I will check back in later today, if I have the time. Im always sooo busy lately. Eat Well.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #320
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
Melle I love your heart chart. If you don't mind telling how did you do it?
Thank you, Missy. I went into the signature box and typed 1 2 3 4 5 6 7...etc. Then, I inserted "Start", "Goal", and all of the percentages (wherever they went). Then, I made it all a light color, and centered it. I replace whatever number I'm at with the heart smilie. Whenever I want to change it, I just type that number back in there (where the heart was) and replace the correct number with the heart smilie.

I copied and pasted the code, below. If you'll just click on "Quote" on this post, the code will show up. Copy everything exactly as it is...
below this line, and then paste it into your signature. You can then change whatever you need to change.

[COLOR="Plum"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"](Start)[/COLOR] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 14 15 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"](25%)[/COLOR] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"](50%)[/COLOR]
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"](75%)[/COLOR] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [COLOR="DarkOrchid"](Goal)[/COLOR] [/COLOR]

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 10-10-2008 at 11:48 AM..
Old 10-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Melle now let's see if it works. Do you ever go on the chat room? I haven't I've only checked to see if anyone was on and they never are.

Missy
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

I'm off to a football game so I will catch up to you later. Thanks I think I need to play around with it a little more when I have more time. I would also love to be a part of this thread if that is ok. Talk at you later.

Missy
Old 10-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscmissy View Post
I'm off to a football game so I will catch up to you later. Thanks I think I need to play around with it a little more when I have more time. I would also love to be a part of this thread if that is ok. Talk at you later.

Missy
It looks like you need to erase everything in the brackets at the beginning, that says [color=""] and [/color], at the end . Other than that...looks good.

Last edited by Sugar Free Sweet Pea; 10-11-2008 at 11:18 AM..
Old 10-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Ok I think I figured it out.

Missy

Thanks Melle
Old 10-12-2008, 09:01 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Good job Missy,

I wont attempt that myself...lol.. Ive been trying on clothes this weekend. My older-smaller clothes that I have kept in the closet. Im soo surprised at the changes my body has made. I also bought me a pair of dress slacks for work that are a size smaller than I usually wear.. I can now wear them...That hasnt happened in sooo long. All my jeans are looking baggy on me. My eating is still going well also.
Yesterday for breakfast I had oatmeal with the Davinci caramel syrup and just a tiny bit of milk. Lunch I had some pig skins and peminto cheese. My snack was an apple. Dinner was a salad with ranch dressing, grilled chicken fillet with the salad. Snack last nite before bed was FF yougurt with caramel syrup...lol Can you tell I love the Davinci syrup?
Have a great day and Eat well.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

That is so exciting to be able to fit into those jeans that were hanging in the closet. I have a pair of capries that I can now wear but they aren't as comfortable as I thought they would be. Do you get tired of eating the same old things? I do and I need to break out some other stuff although I have been drinking crystal light and it helps sometimes.

Missy
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone ever go on the chat room? I've been checking it out a couple of times and no one is ever on.

Missy
Old 10-12-2008, 07:16 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

I might eat the same thing for lunch for several days and breakfast is almost always eggs of some sort. Dinner is usually something different each day. I tend to have the same thing for a week or so for my snacks too. I dont really get to tried of it, because Im losing so well and Im excited about it. Plus, Im feeling so much better now, no bloating and all.
The chatroom used to be pretty exciting. I havent really seen anyone there in a long time now, but then again I work during the day. They may visit there while Im working. Eat Well.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:56 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

I just thought it might be kinda fun to chat with people sometimes. I never have it was just a thought.

I get excited about losing the weight too so I havent changed anything I just don't want to mess it up. I feel I've come a long way and don't want to gain anything back.

Missy
Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lacie
Please excuse me for butting in like this. But, I am thinking about buying some of Suzanne's new Somersweet. Has anyone used it and if you have, what was your experience? I went into HSN's website to see if they are selling it, and it appears they are. I checked the reviews and they were mixed, which makes me wonder whether or not I should buy it. I did buy her old Somersweet and it became hard as a rock after awhile and I could not use it. Thanks in advance.

lacie
lacie is online now   Reply With Quote