Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   TOPS - The Lowcarb Way (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/542918-tops-lowcarb-way.html)

NWLoser 02-20-2008 12:50 PM

TOPS - The Lowcarb Way

I thought it might be fun for those of us who belong to TOPS to have our own thread. I love TOPS because of the weekly support and weigh-in. It keeps me on track. My TOPS group is great as they don't care what plan you use.

So please join me and we can help support each other on our lowcarb journey with TOPS!

Just a little side note - I will be a KOPS at 135! I can't wait!

BrandNewMe2004 02-20-2008 01:31 PM

I used to be a member of TOPS. Haven't found one since we've moved that I like or that works w/ my schedule. The support really does help! Congrats on your success! You are so close to KOPS!! WOOHOO!!

soon 02-20-2008 02:06 PM

Thanks Dianne for doing this.... I love Tops but all the paronia about low carb sometimes. But here in Texas Tops is big.

cleochatra 02-20-2008 02:12 PM

I was in Texas TOPS; now I'm in Colorado TOPS.

I'm much colder.

*marking my spot with 20 pounds lost so far in TOPS since re-joining*. Thanks for the thread!

NWLoser 02-20-2008 02:12 PM

I love my TOPS group. They don't care what plan you use. They all know I do lowcarb although I don't say Atkins usually. I just say I don't eat flour or sugar. I tell them I eat meat, good fats, fruits & veggies.

BrandNew I hope you find a group that works for you. I love the weekly support!

soon 02-20-2008 06:09 PM

Well our weight recorder did the presentation saurday and it was a program put ogether by tops, Man they made bacon look like a really bad guy oh well this group is new to me I had to leave my last group which I loved due o schedule changes

NWLoser 02-20-2008 07:46 PM

Soon - When they talk about lowfat, I just smile and don't say anything. After all I am the biggest loser there. The proof is in the pudding so to say. :clap:

I did share the oopsie recipe and Amy's protein cookie recipe. Some have tried the oopsies and love them. I made the protein cookies for samples and again some really liked them.

I don't try to change their minds but if they ask me what I do, I tell them.

Tomorrow night is my meeting. I am anxious to see what the scale says. I so want to reach my KOPS status this month!

BrandNewMe2004 02-21-2008 10:48 AM

You better get your skinny butt in here after that meeting and report in. I've got a happy dance just a-waiting for your KOPS milestone! :)
I, too, shared my LC stuff - even did a presentation once. There was a lot at the meetings I had to ignore, but the support and the cheering for the weight loss - that part I loved. :)

NWLoser 02-21-2008 12:48 PM

Melissa wrote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandNewMe2004 (Post 9970748)
You better get your skinny butt in here after that meeting and report in. I've got a happy dance just a-waiting for your KOPS milestone! :)

This made me have a huge huge grin! I will report tonight after the meeting. I am keeping my fingers crossed for weight loss. I am not going to make KOPS tonight - but I so want to next week. :D

I was at my friend's house yesterday and we were working on a project for a TOPS contest. I was wearing regular jeans and a fitted knit shirt. She looks at me and says - you are so tiny! I was shocked as I don't see it. I wear the same old thing to TOPS each week to keep my weight consistent. It is a baggy top and I guess she hadn't seen me in something more fitting. My waist and butt are small now but I carry a lot of weight in the bust. I am still quite large there. I am going to give myself 6-12 months to see if anything shifts. If not I am seriously considering reduction surgery. Only time will tell. I also have to add that I am only 5'1" so I am top heavy! I also have to add my inner thighs are downright scary! They look like a balloon that has been blown up for a week and then loses air and is all puckery and stretched out. But I will live with those. I hope they tighten up some. :cry:

Have a great day everyone! :hugs:

soon 02-21-2008 04:24 PM

Wow NW crossing my fingers for you how amazing is your weight loss ...would you mind telling me your age please?

NWLoser 02-21-2008 04:57 PM

I am 53. So I don't think age is as much a factor as some say in the main lobby. I am not a great exerciser either. I walk or walk away the pounds about 4 times a week. I know I should do more. I am also a huge diet pop drinker. I love my cherry zero, diet cherry coke, diet chocolate cherry dr. pepper and black cherry french vanilla pepsi. See a trend there. :D I have tried cutting back but so far I just can't let go. I really don't like dr. pepper but with the chocolate and cherry it is a treat. I do drink at least 64 oz. of water.

P.S. I am in the Pacific Northwest so we haven't had our meeting yet tonight. We meet at 6 pm.

soon 02-21-2008 05:27 PM

NW can you post what you menu was today? Are you counting calories or just carbs? When you walk how long or time do you walk? I love diet rite but am trying to give them up. Crystal lite tends to stall me.

BrandNewMe2004 02-21-2008 05:33 PM

Have you heard of body brushing? I'm doing it because I'd like to minimize that loose skin as I get closer to goal. My DS was HUGE and left me w/ a large tummy. I've noticed the body brushing does seem to help w/ inches lost. I just use a natural bristle brush and put my soap on in the shower like normal but do circular motions w/ the brush over my flabbier parts, then straight stroked towards my heart. W/ the soap and all I get clean at the same time. Some sites recommend it as 'dry body brushing' but I like doing it in the shower. You can google and do some research into it.
Can't wait to hear about the weigh-in!
We don't do aspartame any more, but we do drink Diet Hansen's. I particularly love the root beer - I put some in a glass, add ice, and a dollop of heavy cream. So like a root beer float. Yummy!

NWLoser 02-21-2008 09:45 PM

I was disappointed tonight at TOPS. I only lost 3/4 lb. So 2 3/4 until KOPS. I do tribute a lot of it to drinking way too much diet pop. I think I drank up to 8 cans a few of the last days! :blush: So I am going to try this next week to either give it up entirely or at least cut it down to 2 or 3. I had posted my weight at 137.8 this morning as per my scale. So tonight it was 137.75. My chapter is so proud of me so I need to work hard this next week.

Melissa, I will have to try that brushing. I have heard of the dry brushing but wasn't too interested. But if it works in the shower with soap, then I am more willing to try it.

Soon - I don't know that I am the best person to give you examples of my food but here is a sample of one day this week. I tend to eat the same foods over and over. I count carbs and calories. I didn't count calories until I got closer to goal. I keep my carbs between 25-35 most days and my calories are around 1100-1200. I have been doing the Walk Away the Pounds tape and I do the 1 mile walk or 2 mile walk. When the weather gets better I will walk outside. I usually don't get to walk until afternoon or evening as I watch our dear little granddaughter 3 days a week. I am holding her in my avitar in November 2006. I think I do better when I do the exercise in the morning. I am going to try doing that this next week.

Breakfast: Cheese Omelet or 2 of Amy's protein cookies - Green Tea

Lunch: Chicken, Mayonnaise, Celery, Lettuce

Snack: Protein Cookie if hungry

Supper: Hamburger Patty, LC ketchup, mustard, green beans, salad

Snack if wanted: Cream Cheese/Cocoa/Splenda or Protein Cookie

I have been trying to drink 3 cups of green tea a day. It does seem to help. This probably seems boring but I like these foods and so I make them a lot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for cheering me on to my KOPS goal. I am going to make it. :cool:

It is weird though. I have been working on getting to goal since the beginning of December 2006. It is kind of surreal being this close. I don't feel like I should be there. My mind does not see me as being this size. I find myself looking at plus size clothes sometimes in the stores! I went from a tight 3x top to a medium or large. I was in size 20 pants to 6/8.

Have a good evening everyone! KUGTW!

NWLoser 02-21-2008 09:51 PM

I wanted to add that I am doing Atkins. I plan on upping my carbs about 5 grams a week. I think I will wait until I am a KOPS for a few weeks. I hope to be able to raise them to 70-100 carbs a day. But I think I am pretty sensitive to how many I can have.

soon 02-21-2008 10:14 PM

Dianne you look amazing and your grandbaby is precious!! My daughter had a baby girl last week but my daughter is rather nasty to me so when I was visiting this week I blew off my diet on Wednesday and than again today *sigh* I was down a pound and a half at tops on sat but I think I have put it on this week lol. Thanks for posting your stuff you are inspiring and wow what a dramatic change in those sizes !!!

cleochatra 02-21-2008 10:33 PM

3/4 of a pound is tremendous! At this stage of the game, Dr A says you're not supposed to lose quickly. Besides, being a KOPS is constant twiddling in leeway. I think you're making proper progress, and will get there soon enough!

I know how you feel, though, when you go in and you're used to losses and have expectations and you're like, "MAN! I could have had a better week!"

The nice thing about TOPS is knowing that everyone else is really supportive even when we're bummed we only lost ___ many pounds.

NWLoser 02-21-2008 11:31 PM

Thanks Soon & Cleo. I needed to hear that stuff. :blush:

I know that you are right about KOPS, it will be a whole new game staying under goal, which is what I want to do.

Have a good night all!

wishbone 02-22-2008 01:08 PM

Dianne - I also am a TOPS member. And soon to be a KOPS. I HOPE!!!
We weigh in on tuesday mornings. I joined TOPS again in feb of 2006. My goal weight is 160. On tues, I weighed in at 160.25. My birthday is next wed, and I turn 50. I vowed that I would be at goal by my birthday!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

JAN

soon 02-23-2008 10:24 AM

Ugh I weighed in this morning and I was up a pound but I knew I would be. We start a new contest next month a team thing hope I dont get on anyones bad side.

cleochatra 02-23-2008 07:41 PM

Teams tend to be disappointing because half of the team stops showing up to the meetings during gainer weeks. I've noticed numbers tend to really dwindle because they're afraid of messing up their team, but dude! When only two people keep showing up!?..

NWLoser 02-24-2008 08:01 PM

Jan - Wow - You are very close to becoming a KOPS! WTG! Let us know when you make it so we can all do the happy dance for you! :clap::clap: What a neat 50th birthday gift - to be at goal. :)

I just got back from being gone all weekend. Hope everyone had a good one.

Teams can be disappointing. Last year we had a team contest and everyone wanted me as I was the best loser every week. Our team won and I felt a little bad. We picked teams by drawing numbers so it was fair at least.

Soon - I forgot to say congrats on your new granddaughter. That is cool. Is she your first? I only have the one and she will be 2 in May. I love her to pieces!

Have a good night everyone!

soon 02-24-2008 09:09 PM

Dianne what was your average wt loss each week ?? No this is my second grandchild the first is a boy age 3.

becksterinindy 02-24-2008 09:31 PM

Just want to pop in and say Dianne and Jan you guys are such inspiration and about bring tears to my eyes.:notwrthy::notwrthy:

:birthday: Jan

NWLoser 02-24-2008 09:40 PM

:blush: Thanks Becky! It is surreal to be this close to goal for me at least.

I wanted to ask you Jan, how much weight have you lost? I am saving my happy dance for you.

Soon - I averaged about 2-3 lbs. a week my first 6 mo. or so after joining TOPS. I had 5 lb. weeks and then sometimes just 1 lb. weeks. It is much slower now that I am almost to goal.

wishbone 02-25-2008 05:15 AM

I have a LONG story to tell, but gotta leave for work now. I started at TOPS 2 years ago weighing 259.5..........almost there!!!

NWLoser 02-25-2008 05:50 PM

Jan - I will be waiting to hear your story. It sounds like it will be a good one! You have done awesome! :clap::clap::high5:

1Life2Live 02-25-2008 09:15 PM

Dianne, where in the PNW do you live? I am in Puyallup and thinking about joining TOPS along with my Weight Watchers. Right now I figure I can use all the help I can on dropping this weight!

NWLoser 02-25-2008 09:21 PM

Tammy - I am in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I think TOPS is great. I am sure there is a group around there. Just go to TOPS.org and click on meetings. Then put in a zip code and it tells you where the closest groups are. I love the weekly support. Good luck! We can all do this! :high5:

heywoodwalker 02-25-2008 10:34 PM

I live in Kelso, Wa and am interested in joining TOPS. I haven't been to a meeting before, but I want to try for the additional support. I have been on and off LC/Atkins for so long now. I really want to do something to motivate me.

Thank you for sharing all of your success!:kicking::clap: