Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Vicki, I am a total night owl. Last night was particularly bad for me as I couldn't get to sleep! What does your group call it when your weight stays the same? I have always heard it called that you turtled.

Have a great weekend everyone. The weather is so beautiful here right now.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Our group just calls it staying the same. Not turtle LOL. I am a bit frustrated though as leader. My treaserer doesn't show up very often and he used to all the time. Probably because his wife was the leader and they have both held this postition for the past several years. I know I have to call him and ask him to be there because I need checks written for renewals and my KOPS status. Just venting.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Sounds like everyone had a good week. I use to go get a couple of those Atkins bars after I weighed in on Tuesdays. I think I did that because I ate a very light breakfast before my weigh in. Now I eat a big breakfast before weigh in. Hasn't seemed to effected my weigh in and now I don't feel the need to "cheat" after weigh in :-) And it was a pain to have to work extra hard to get that weight off before the next week.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, sorry to hear about that. I am the treasurer and I know I need to be there. There are lots of times that checks need to be written. I am glad I am not the leader as I think it is a lot of work and responsibility. I hope he starts coming more often. If I am going to be gone, I give the checkbook to the leader so they can send in renewals or anything else that comes up.

Susan we must have posted at the same time. LOL! I used to eat an Atkins bar or another lowcarb bar or two after the meeting and finally realized it was not worth it. It was not something I ate at other times and was just not as satisfying to me as real food.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html

Last edited by NWLoser; 05-29-2009 at 11:33 AM..
Old 05-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SewLowCarber
Stats: 257/213/145
WOE: Lowcarb
Start Date: May 2002
I was the treasurer for a couple of years. I'm the secretary now and I do the contests for the group, but I agree, being the leader is the toughest and I commend you for the committment to your group. Hope your treasurer shows up, or you can get a hold of him.

I feel better today knowing I'm not undoing what I did last night, and it's giving me inspiration to stay on target so far today. I sometimes had struggles all through the weekend because I had already gone up in weight because of the splurge after weigh-in. I'm liking how my mind and body feels today...beats the alternative.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #246
Blabbermouth!!!

I have my usual breakfast on weigh in day: yogurt, with protein powder and lower carb frt (berries) and a flax muffin or protein shake with same as with yogurt, or eggs and bacon or something along that line. But, I deprive myself the rest of the day until I weigh in. I still drink my coffee and water and have a protein shake for lunch. After the meeting though, I don't splurge too much. I just come home and eat a regular supper plus some lc snacks. I have taken a lc bar and eaten it after I weighed in before the meeting starts, but I don't do that too often.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Vicki, Our meeting is at 8:30 in the morning so it's not too long after I eat breakfast that I have to weigh in :-) Our weight recorder is going in for surgery and so she's going in for allot of tests. So they elected someone as a backup for when she's not here. Maybe you could do something like that with your treasurer. I really admire the leaders of TOPS. It sure seems like allot of work.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone. We had such beautiful weather at the coast this weekend. We just got home and boy our house is warm. It says it is 84 degrees in here. I am just too much of a tightwad to turn on the central air conditioning yet. So I opened all the windows.

I eat very lightly on weigh-in days and then not all afternoon. We weigh in between 5:45 and 6:15. I take a snack to eat before the meeting. I either take string cheese or nuts. I used to take a lowcarb protein bar but I have kicked them months and months ago.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #249
Junior LCF Member

I think I shall see if eating a piece of string cheese or something will help cut down on the cravings and binges after the meetings. I'll take a piece next week and see if it is easier to just eat a nice salad when I get home. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Hi everyone. We had such beautiful weather at the coast this weekend. We just got home and boy our house is warm. It says it is 84 degrees in here. I am just too much of a tightwad to turn on the central air conditioning yet. So I opened all the windows.

I eat very lightly on weigh-in days and then not all afternoon. We weigh in between 5:45 and 6:15. I take a snack to eat before the meeting. I either take string cheese or nuts. I used to take a lowcarb protein bar but I have kicked them months and months ago.

Have a great evening everyone.
We use to go to Lincoln City every year but we didn't make it this year. I really miss it. I love that area. And the motel we stayed at has a great view of the ocean.
You know, I would rather have natural heat and air the artificial. It has to get awfully hot before I'll turn on the air and awfully cold before I'll turn in the heat (unless my husband starts complaining to loud :-))
Old 06-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys,
Had my meeting this morning. Lost 2 3/4 pounds. I got a standing ovation *blush blush* I happened to mention to a lady that I'm now out of the 200's at 198. Well, she mentioned it to the leader and during roll call she told the group and everybody stood and clapped. I'm not one to want attention so my face really was turning red :-) I also was the biggest loser for May. 8 pounds. Doesn't really seem like a lot but it's better then nothing. The biggest loser for the month gets 5 dollars.
Anyway, just thought I'd share. Have a good day!

Susan
Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #252
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea Susan, congrats. Best loser for May is awesome. I know what you mean when 8 lbs isn't enough. But, at least it is going in the downward direction. Remember, we aren't as young as we used to be when the pounds dropped off a lot quicker.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Yea Susan, congrats. Best loser for May is awesome. I know what you mean when 8 lbs isn't enough. But, at least it is going in the downward direction. Remember, we aren't as young as we used to be when the pounds dropped off a lot quicker.
Thanks, Vicki. Yes I have to remember that I'm no spring chicken anymore :-)
Old 06-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Yippee Susan! I remember the day I got under 200 - I was so excited I was dancing around the place. I told people because I was so excited. Good job!

I think 8 lbs. for the month of May is fine. Congrats on being the best loser of the month. I think any weight lost is a victory. Just think 8 lbs. is 32 sticks of butter! You are on a roll. You are going to blow the group away when you reach goal and they are all still struggling with their lowfat junk.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #255
Junior LCF Member

That is so fantastic. I think of getting below 200 pounds as going to Onederland. It really will be a wonder when I finally get there and especially if I can stay there. Great job! You must be so thrilled. I'm truly inspired.

SewLowCarber
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #256
Blabbermouth!!!

I stayed the same (turtled) tonight. Afterwards I went to finish watching my son's little league game. I hadn't eaten so I went to the concession stand and made a request. Do you know what a walking taco is? It is a bag of crushed doritos with taco meat, lettuce, cheese and sour cream on top. You eat it right out of the bag of doritos. Well, I asked that I have a taco salad. Ditch the doritos but put more lettuce in, include the taco meat and cheese and sour cream. It worked like a charm. Then I was able to top this with salsa, onions, and jalapenos. Yummy, ballpark food.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Vicki-Congrats on the turtle...I know that's hard to swallow when you want a loss, but it sure beats the alternative. Your walking taco salad sounds fabulous.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki - Good job on turtling. That was a great food to eat in the situation and it sounds yummy too! I love taco salad and eat it lots when we go to restaurants. I just order it without chips or taco shell. They just put it in a bowl for me. Yum!

Did you get to send in the info to become a KOPS? Did your treasurer show up? I hope so.

I don't weigh until Thursday as I think SewLowCarber does also. Have a great week you great TOPS losers!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Yes, I weigh-in on Thursday. I just realized how much weight all of you ladies have lost thus far......That is so awesome for all of you!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #260
Blabbermouth!!!

I am going to send in the KOPS registration. No, the treasurer didn't show up. But, I had called him earlier in the day and said if he wasn't going to be there to send the checkbook and about 5 signed checks along with the weight recorder so I can take care of business.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I stayed the same (turtled) tonight. Afterwards I went to finish watching my son's little league game. I hadn't eaten so I went to the concession stand and made a request. Do you know what a walking taco is? It is a bag of crushed doritos with taco meat, lettuce, cheese and sour cream on top. You eat it right out of the bag of doritos. Well, I asked that I have a taco salad. Ditch the doritos but put more lettuce in, include the taco meat and cheese and sour cream. It worked like a charm. Then I was able to top this with salsa, onions, and jalapenos. Yummy, ballpark food.
Vicki, That sounds awesome. Just goes to show you can stay on plan no matter where you are.
It's to bad you always have to call the treasurer to get him to do his job. Makes your job even harder.

Last edited by tomswife; 06-03-2009 at 06:15 AM..
Old 06-03-2009, 06:22 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yippee Susan! I remember the day I got under 200 - I was so excited I was dancing around the place. I told people because I was so excited. Good job!

I think 8 lbs. for the month of May is fine. Congrats on being the best loser of the month. I think any weight lost is a victory. Just think 8 lbs. is 32 sticks of butter! You are on a roll. You are going to blow the group away when you reach goal and they are all still struggling with their lowfat junk.
Thanks, Dianne, mmm Yummy Butter. You would have to mention that :-)
Just think, those sticks of butter helped me lose those 8 pounds :-)
I heard ladies taking yesterday about eating nonfat yogurt and those 100 calorie packs. Yuck. I am so glad I found low carb!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

We had a thunderstorm/high winds so our meeting was called off tonight. I was so hoping to go. I think I might be a little lighter or the same as last week. Oh well, I will see next week. The storm was almost totally gone by the time the meeting would have started but no one could have been sure. I hate it when you have to make the right call and then it turns out it would have been okay to proceed as usual.

Have a great evening and Friday!!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #264
Junior LCF Member

Sorry you had to miss your meeting. We had to vote on cancelling our meeting next week because of VBS going on at the church...so, I have 2 weeks without my TOPS. :-(

I was down 2.6 lbs this evening...Thank goodness.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Yippee SewLowCarber!! That is great on the weight loss. I hate missing TOPS. I wouldn't like having to miss 2 weeks.

Have a great night!
Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Technically I am only missing one meeting, but I have to go two weeks without seeing my group. :-( I love my group. I need my group. It's going to be scary.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

You can do it! We are here for you. If you have access to online just keep posting and we will help keep you accountable.

I love your quote about sewing. Sewing is one of my loves.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
We had a thunderstorm/high winds so our meeting was called off tonight. I was so hoping to go. I think I might be a little lighter or the same as last week. Oh well, I will see next week. The storm was almost totally gone by the time the meeting would have started but no one could have been sure. I hate it when you have to make the right call and then it turns out it would have been okay to proceed as usual.

Have a great evening and Friday!!

Wow, never heard of having to cancel due to that kind of storm, we have snowstorms and ice here that we have had to cancel for.

We also meet at a church, but I don't know of any time we had to cancel due to activities at the church. I know we have had to meet in a different room though.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 AM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!

???? What kind of scale does your group use? We use a balance scale that is about 10 years old. I know because it was off of my recommendation when I belonged to TOPS back when that this one was purchased.

When I went to TOPS back then, #1 I was too heavy to weigh on the scale they had and the weight recorder and I met at the hospital with an additional weight to place on the balance of an upright balance scale. #2 If I was light enough to weigh on the scale, it was a balance scale but the balance part was waist height and the belly got in the way. In fact, a few members had to weigh backwards on it. So, I requested that a different scale be purchased.

I am sure this one is still fairly accurate, but I know of may clubs going digital.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

There was a severe weather alert yesterday afternoon/early evening and they were warning everyone to stay inside if at all possible. That is why we cancelled the meeting. I personally would have waited and not cancelled but it wasn't my call to make.

We use the old balance type scale. I know a lot of groups are going digital. My niece is too heavy for our scale. We tried the adding on a clamp but she was over 400 and it just wasn't accurate as she would wiggle, etc. So now she weighs at the feed store and we accept the weight as written by them. She got up to 445 and as of last week she was 380. Once she gets low enough she will weigh at the meetings. She is 25 and special needs. We are all so proud of her. She has lost all that since January. She is about 5'11" so the doctor said she would be happy if she got down to 200.

I am sorry Vicki that you had to go through that with the scale. That must have been hard for you.
Closed Thread