Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #2101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/132/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Another question for you lovely ladies!! Do anyone of you have your weigh-ins in the evenings? I don't eat dinner before I go to the meeting and am starving after!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #2102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Dianne, Yes we have unlimited texting from any phone so have at it :-)
Our meetings are from 9-10 every Tuesday.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #2103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Kismet, I have an evening meeting on Thursday. We start weighing in at 5:30 until 6:15. I know that we are not suppose to have food at the meeting and I totally understand why. But I do have a small snack of cheese or nuts before everyone gets there and after I weigh. It is technically against the rules and you are suppose to leave the building. But as a group we have made up our minds since it is an evening meeting that it is okay to have a small snack, not a meal, not a sandwich, not a salad, etc. before we start. It is allowed to have a low calorie drink, water, coffee or tea during the meeting according to TOPS. I do not eat supper until I get home which is around 7:30 or so. But I know some groups are totally by the rules for everything so it varies from group to group. Many groups I have heard go out to eat afterwards. Our group has never done that and they don't want to do that.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html

Last edited by NWLoser; 07-09-2012 at 05:32 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #2104
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all! Happy Saturday I am so glad it's the weekend.I had a rough week! My hubby injured his eye at the beginning of the week so he was home from work and I pretty much had to babysit him and clean up after him. He kept saying things like, "I can't pick up my dirty socks, i'm disabled" He got so me drops and was fine by Wednesday. I didn't even get to go to my TOPS meeting because when I got out of work on THursday my car died and I had to call my hubby to jump it. Then, I had to go get a new battery and he put it in but by the time that was all said and done it was too late to go to my meeting. Luckily, I was able to email my leader and tell her I wouldn't be there so I wouldn't have an unexcused absence. I have never missed a meeting so I was pretty annoyed! I will be back next week. I have not been on the scale in a few days so I'm not sure if my stressful week did any damage! Hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #2105
Major LCF Poster!

((Kismet)) Sorry to hear about your week. Glad to hear his eye is better. As long as you didn't handle all the stress by eating, you should be okay. I hate missing meetings as I look forward to it each week. We have a great bunch of women and one man. We all get along very well which is pleasant. When I first joined we had a leader that was very controlling and the meetings were boring. We would spend a lot of time just trying to make decisions! She moved to another chapter due to her work schedule and it has been great since. There way always tension when she was there. LOL!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #2106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
Hi Everyone -- it's late and I'm doing a drive through -- the good kind....

I've been reading Judith Beck's book "the Beck Diet Solution." It's not a diet, it's about cognitive therapy as applied to weight loss.

Page 30 says something that really hits home with me, and I'm going to try this all week and see how it goes:

“The inner argument between sabotaging thoughts and helpful thoughts can make you feel tense. The tension is unpleasant. Often, you’ll try to alleviate that tension by deciding to eat. But before you eat, take note: Interestingly, what usually happens is that you find your tension abating as you reach for the food – before you put the food in your mouth. However, just as the decision to eat can reduce tension, the decision not to eat can also reduce tension.”

I think I'm going to practice this and pay attention and see how this can help me.

I'm weighing in the morning -- and then every day like Dianne does.....I'm thinking it will make me more in tune with what this is all about...just check in with that scale.....

Tomorrow my food will be:

bacon eggs in morning
Then rest of day not exactly sure when, but my food will be:
Pork roast with brocoli
Chicken leg and salad
Strawberries and whipped cream
String cheese for snack
Lemon water with splenda
Drink my water -- and there will be a diet soda in there somewhere

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

Plan: High fat, Low Carb food, water, Gym, REPEAT.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #2107
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Elizabeth! Good post. I like what you quoted from the Beck book on page 30. I am going to buy the book and I think it will be helpful for me and to share with my TOPS chapter.

How is everyone doing this week? Susan, how was your TOPS meeting today?

Zay How is it going for you? I have been thinking about your niece and wondering how she is doing? I hope she can find help.

We are in the middle of a great contest at TOPS. It is our "Summer Olympics". We have six sports that we are competing in each week for 6 weeks. We have "swimming" complete with poster and swim lanes. We move in the pool according to our loss or move back if we gain. We have paperclips with a photo of our faces on them so we can actually see who is where in the pool. We have "hurdles" which you proceed to the next one by drinking your 64 oz. of water each day (or the amount suggested by your dr.). We have gymnastics with 6 different gymnastic events, a different one for each week. You move to the next event by bringing in a food chart. "Relay Race" is all about contacting a member of TOPS by mail, email or phone. You then go to the next "hand-off". You must contact a different person each week so that over the six weeks you have contacted 6 different people. Track and Field consists of 6 events and you go to the next one by exercising 3 or more times for the week. The last of the 6 events is "archery". You will score on the target by staying for the meeting. At the end of the contest there will be a "gold medalist", "silver medalist" and "bronze medalist" in the overall competition. We will all have first, second and third place winners in each individual sport. The group seems to really be getting into it. We started this contest by playing the Olympics theme song and carrying in a "torch". It has been a lot of fun so far. We each have individual score cards and there is a poster for each sport so you actually move things around as you earn them. Just thought this might spark some ideas for your group.

Have a super day everyone!!!

Last edited by NWLoser; 07-17-2012 at 11:50 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #2108
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys,
Elizabeth, That's a good quote. I'll have to apply that this week. I may have to look in to that book. Sounds like a good one.
Dianne, That contest sounds like fun. Our group don't seem to enjoy contests much so I haven't done one for a while. We do enjoy short contests so I do some one day time contests.
So I turtled again this week. That's 4 weeks in a row of turtling. Everyone was real encouraging saying at least it wasn't a gain. But when you have over a hundred pounds to lose staying the same is almost as bad.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #2109
Major LCF Poster!

Susan Good job on turtling! Now see if you can make a small change that you have not done in the last 4 weeks to see if that gets the weight moving again. You can do this. Go Susan Go!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #2110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 298/287.0/140
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 4-5-14 -- 287.0
Susan, congrats on the turtling -- it's hard, but at least at least at least it's not a gain....sometimes the body just needs to adjust....

I weighed this morning.....I've GAINED!! 287! bleah

Dianne the Summer Olympics game sounds like a lot of fun. a LOT of fun!

Wow this summer is going fast -- we're in the third week of July already.

Oh, about Judith Beck. She has her original book "The Beck Diet Solution", then there is a workbook to that....but if you don't buy the workbook, I believe you can download the pages from her website....I just write, highlight and use the pages in her original book. Then she has another book that is about....it's called .....The Complete Beck Diet for Life -- I think I ordered that from amazon...it's cheap on the used books on Amazon....

The thing about the Beck Diet Solution is you pick your diet -- or way of eating as it's called -- she just helps with all the getting rid of bad habits, gaining new habits, and head stuff that goes with losing weight. Dianne has already come to some of these conclusions that she has learned through her journey of losing weight -- and Diane you are right, I have thought these chapters would make EXCELLENT topics to share at TOPS meetings.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:04 AM   #2111
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys sorry I have not checked in. I went to my TOPS meeting on Thursday and gained .2 I have been walking so much more this week I was hoping it would pay off. Maybe next week. I just have to keep it up. The girls at the meeting were very supportive when I told them I had a gain so that helped. I STILL do not get the TOPS magazine so I'm kind of annoyed but I'm hoping to get it the next month. Do all of you get it? They say it has some good information in it.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Keep cool
Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #2112
Major LCF Poster!

Kismet - .2 gain is such a small amount so don't stress on the tiny gain. Your body could just be adjusting. If you don't get your TOPS magazine this week, let your leader know. You usually start getting it in about a month after joining. Maybe you can ask your leader or others in the group if they have old copies to share with you. They are very inspiring reading.

Hope everyone is fine. Today starts a new week. Let's make it a great one!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #2113
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys,
So at my TOPS meeting yesterday I lost 4 pounds! See what happens when I stay on plan...I keep telling myself!
Dianne, Thanks for the texts during the week.
I also wanted to address the eating (or not eating) before meetings. Even though ours is a morning meeting I always eat before I leave. I figured if you always weigh in with food in your stomach then it shouldn't make any difference in your weight. And it's always the same thing. Bacon and eggs :-)
Anyway, just my 2 cents :-)

Have a great day!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #2114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
Hi Guys,
So at my TOPS meeting yesterday I lost 4 pounds! See what happens when I stay on plan...I keep telling myself!
Dianne, Thanks for the texts during the week.
I also wanted to address the eating (or not eating) before meetings. Even though ours is a morning meeting I always eat before I leave. I figured if you always weigh in with food in your stomach then it shouldn't make any difference in your weight. And it's always the same thing. Bacon and eggs :-)
Anyway, just my 2 cents :-)

Have a great day!
Congratulations on a 4 lb. loss!! That is awesome! I agree Susan about the eating. Very good point!!

How is everyone else doing this week? I am staying under goal and I am happy for that. The days just fly by and I need to slow down and enjoy them.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 AM   #2115
Major LCF Poster!

Been really stressed this week. Have not tracked my eating but have been pretty careful. Tonight is WI so I hope I did ok! I do NOT want another gain. We are doing a contest at our meeting too. We have little paper dolls (in bikinis hahha) with our names on them and they are sitting on the beach. When we have a loss we get a beach item. So far I have sunglasses, suntan lotion and a cooler. Whoever has the most items by the end of the contest wins a prize. There's one lady that loses EVERY week so I'm sure she will win! Sometimes she loses 3-4 lbs per week. Geesh, she must have Jillian and Bob staying over at her house
Old 07-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #2116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Been really stressed this week. Have not tracked my eating but have been pretty careful. Tonight is WI so I hope I did ok! I do NOT want another gain. We are doing a contest at our meeting too. We have little paper dolls (in bikinis hahha) with our names on them and they are sitting on the beach. When we have a loss we get a beach item. So far I have sunglasses, suntan lotion and a cooler. Whoever has the most items by the end of the contest wins a prize. There's one lady that loses EVERY week so I'm sure she will win! Sometimes she loses 3-4 lbs per week. Geesh, she must have Jillian and Bob staying over at her house
Kismet The lady who loses each week, does she have a lot to lose? That was me when I first joined TOPS. I lost every week as I had such a great amount to lose. People like yourself who do not have a lot to lose are closer to goal and it comes off slower. As I neared goal the weight loss slowed way down. I have found that to be true in my group as well. Those who don't have as much to lose, do not usually lose great amounts each week but lose in smaller amounts. Those who have 100+ lb. to lose usually can lose pretty easily at first if they are trying. JMHO. Good luck tonight. I weigh in tonight also. I am under goal but not as far as I would like. I like to be at least 3 lb. under and have not seen that for the last 6 months. Just can't seem to do that any more. I think I eat more than I used to but I am happy to be around goal weight.

Has is everyone else doing this week? Check in and let us know.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #2117
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all. Happy Friday! I was hoping to post last night but we had a tornado watch. I went to my TOPS meeting but we just weighed in and left since the leader didn't want anyone driving in the bad weather. I am down .4 so that brings me to 146.0 lbs. I was hoping to lose more but I will take it! I had a stressful week and losing anything was a miracle since before TOPS I probably would have gained 4 lbs. I think that's a victory for me at least! Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:38 AM   #2118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Kismet The lady who loses each week, does she have a lot to lose?
I don't think she has too much to lose (maybe 30 more lbs). I don't know what everyone's goal is. It seems like some people set t heir goal on the higher end. One KOPS member is not thin by a longshot but she is at her "goal" so I guess they honor it. It must depend on where you started from. She says she lost 80 lbs so that goal weight must have been good for her. She does look good and must feel great after losing all that! There are a few little old lady KOPS that are so cute when they say they are in "leeway". We are so proud of them!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #2119
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size, which impacts site performance. Please continue your discussion here.
Closed Thread