Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
That is so great, Melissa. Good luck :-)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
That is wonderful news Melissa! I hope you can find someone. You will love having the weekly support.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #183
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I went to TOPS and lost a pound. I couldn't believe it because I got into the cheese and SF candy again. The weight recorders still have a weight goal slip from the dr. dated in 1994 of 160, guess I will go for that one LOL.

I felt like such a dork too. We had two people come and join tonight and I didn't get an orientation to leader. The past leader has been gone due to a surgery of a family member, so I had to fumble around looking for the paperwork. Thankfully, my coleader was there and knew what to look for. I was leader many years ago, but I don't remember what to do. We also had a visitor and I appologised for my lack of know-how.

Melissa, I am so glad you found a group you like. Maybe one of the members has a son or daughter who could babysit while you attend the meeting?
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
One of my mom's group friends has offered to watch my kids for me. I cried when she offered. I am so grateful. I can't wait for the next meeting. I tightened up my plan today and did well and enjoyed the food.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Vicki and Melissa!

Vicki, WTG on losing even when you thought you slipped up! Orientation would have been nice but I am sure you did fine. Nice to see you in your avatar! 160! You will do it. You are almost there!

Melissa that is awesome that you have a babysitter so you can attend TOPS. I will be rooting for you. I am such a cheerleader for TOPS!

I can hardly wait until after the 18th so I can tell my news! Our state SRD is the 17th and 18th. I will be letting you all know my news when I get home on the 19th.

Hey Susan, how are you doing??

Have a great night everyone. I am off to watch The Biggest Loser in 20 minutes. I know the show is unrealistic to some degree but I started watching 2 seasons ago and got hooked.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html

Last edited by NWLoser; 04-07-2009 at 08:40 PM..
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Melissa, You must be so excited that you got that babysitter. Let us know how it goes next Monday.
I actually got my first "award". I was the biggest loser for last month. I was very surprised but it was cool :-)
We went to Boise this weekend for the PBR. It was so much fun but I knew I wasn't doing good foodwise. Even when you try to stay on plan, it's hard when you're eating out and you don't know exactly what's in the food. So I gained a pound and a half. But that's ok. It could have been worse and it'll come off pretty quickly.
A few folks gave us all Easter cards today at TOPS. One of the cards had a couple mini reeses peanut butter cups in there. I'm glad I was alone in the room when I opened it so I could toss it in the garbage quickly. Especially since I've been fighting cravings from this weekend I didn't need chocolate in my hand any longer then neccessary. I guess some folks can eat a small amount and be done with it. I'm not one of them.

Dianne, I tried watching the biggest loser but I felt really bad at how much the trainers were yelling at everyone. I just knew someone was going to drop dead of a heart attack. So I stopped watching. But I do know allot of people that really like it :-)
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Just popped in quick while there is a commercial!

Wow Susan - that is great for being best loser of the month. But what about giving candy! That seems weird. No one in my group would do that but there are probably some in other groups that do the same.

I know what you mean about the trainers yelling at the people. I just try not to pay attention. It doesn't seem like that all the time.

Anyway congrats Susan!!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan, Holy Cow, candy in TOPS Easter cards???? Glad you tossed them, what a great example of will power. A hard boiled dyed egg would have been more appropriate.

Dianne, I can't wait for your news, mine will come in another month! I never did get hooked on Biggest Loser. I have a couple of the exercise DVD's and they feature earlier members. There was a couple who got married after meeting on the show and I believe the woman was the biggest loser of that episode. Both have since gone on and regained weight even before she had a baby I believe. I also see that Alli the winner from last year, is being used to promote items now too.

Melissa, so glad to hear someone is going to watch your kids. That is awesome. Have a great weigh in on Monday. Monday weigh ins are great, it makes you not want to loosen the belt on the weekend doesn't it?? LOL.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=vli1127;11805161]Susan, Holy Cow, candy in TOPS Easter cards???? Glad you tossed them, what a great example of will power. A hard boiled dyed egg would have been more appropriate.

Thanks, Vicki :-) We do a secret pal in our group and a few weeks ago a gal recieved what looked like a full size candy bar. I asked her if it was sugar free and she looked at me like I was crazy. LOL
No wonder there are so mainly gains.
There is quite a few people in my group that still believe eggs are the kiss of death. They are so full of fat and cholesterol how can they possibly be good for you?
Like I said, I ignore allot of what is said but the ladies are awesome.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Just wondering how you are all doing this week. We leave at 6 am for the SRD in Eugene. I hope I can sleep. I usually don't do well sleeping when I know I have to get up early.

I will have exciting news on Sunday evening when I get back.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrandNewMe2004
Stats: HW 330/CW 245.3/GW 150
WOE: LC/Primal
Whole family came down w/ strep, so I had to skip my Monday meeting where I was going to join TOPS officially. <knock on wood> I'll do it this coming Monday.

Can't wait to hear the news Dianne.

Have a great on-plan weekend y'all!!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh, Melissa, that's too bad. Hope everyone is feeling better now.
Dianne, You have lots of fun. Can't wait to hear what you have to say when you get back.
I weighed in on Tuesday and was down 4 pounds. Some of it was water from my little cheat and gain the week before but I'll take it :-) I was the biggest loser for the week also :-) Not doing that great this week. Not sure why. I'm staying on plan but this morning I was up 2 pounds. I'm kind of wondering if I'm drinking too much water (imagine that :-)) I usually drink around 70 ounces of water but the last 3 or 4 days I've been drinking about 180 ounces. Not sure but I hate staying on plan and it not showing on the scale.
Oh well, hope everyone has a great week.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Tomswife, keep up the good work. I am not sure you can get too much water??? But, I am sure the wt. will stabalize.

Melissa, hang in there, I hope all is well.

I lost a pound this week (Tues.). I can only weigh in next Tues due to another meeting. One thing I got into a bad habit was not weighing in or going to the meeting if I thought I gained or if I knew I wasn't going to be able to stay for a meeting, I just skipped weighing in. This usually led to more uncontrolled eating and the mindset of having a few extra days to get on track. But, now that I am leader, I can't do that anymore LOL. Accountability!!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

I am back!!!! Yippee! Now I can finally tell you the big news!

I am Division 5 First Place Winner with a loss of 26 lbs. in 2008.

I AM STATE QUEEN RUNNER-UP FOR 2008!!! I lost 113 lbs. to goal and I am actually down 117 lbs. currently.

Here is a photo of me but it is not a very good one. I will post some later when I get some better ones. The person didn't know how to use my camera!

It was a thrilling time and I will be traveling to chapters that request to have me speak. I have already had some ask me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg queen2.jpg (23.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by NWLoser; 04-19-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats Dianne, that is great news and Queen too!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Dianne, That is so cool. You must be so proud. Let me know if you're coming close to this area to speak cause I'd love to go see you speak.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Vicki and Susan! I am still in disbelieve sometimes that I am even this size! It was a very exciting weekend. I knew I was getting these 2 awards but it is nice being recognized in front of all the other TOPS from around the state. I know that I am the same as everyone there and we are all in this weight thing together.

Another lady in our chapter was first place winner in Division 4. She was unable to attend.

Susan, did anyone attend SRD from your chapter? If I am ever over that way, I will definitely let you know.

I am going to see if I can find any photos of me from the SRD that aren't blurry! I will be getting some from others but I am a little disappointed that when they used my camera they didn't do very well.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, I actually think I read somewhere that you can drink too much water. If I find that post or article, I will let you know. You are doing great!!! You too Vicki! I meant to reply to you both last night but I was just too tired.

Melissa, I hope everyone is better now. Did you get to your meeting today?

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by NWLoser; 04-20-2009 at 11:58 AM..
Old 04-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Melissa, Did you make it to your meeting? I'd love to hear how it went.
My meeting is tomorrow and according to my scale I should be down about 2 (maybe 3) pounds. Seems like the weight started letting lose on Saturday and
I had a couple of whooshes.
Dianne, I've had differing opinions on the water thing so I'm not sure what to believe. I'll probally just keep on doing what I'm doing. Maybe I upped my water to fast and it shocked my system. Who knows? :-)

No one from my chapter attended the SRD. I would love to see more pictures.
By the way, our chapter is having a silent auction tomorrow. Is that just a local thing or are other chapters doing that? Anyway, sounds like fun. I'm cleaning out my closets today to see what I can donate.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Our chapter has silent auctions every few months to raise some money for our treasury. The morning chapter told me they have one every week! That seems a little too often for me. I think a lot of chapters use silent auctions to raise money.

Your weight loss has been great! You are melting away! Pretty soon your chapter is going to wonder what is your secret. You could end up being a state division winner next year if you keep melting like this!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Our chapter has silent auctions every few months to raise some money for our treasury. The morning chapter told me they have one every week! That seems a little too often for me. I think a lot of chapters use silent auctions to raise money.

Your weight loss has been great! You are melting away! Pretty soon your chapter is going to wonder what is your secret. You could end up being a state division winner next year if you keep melting like this!
Oh, Dianne, that would be great :-) I've got about 80 more pounds to go. I'm hoping to be at least close to goal by Christmas.

Yes, every week sounds a bit much. They said that what ever is left over from the auction they're going to take to Goodwill.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Here are a few more photos from SRD. I am anxious to get some from others that aren't blurry!

The one is when they were reading my story and I had just received the certificate for being first place winner in Division 5. The next one is the State Queen, our area captain and myself.

Let us know Susan and Vicki how you do tomorrow at TOPS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg division.jpg (57.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg queens.jpg (45.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys,
Haven't heard from you guys for a while so thought I'd post.
They started a contest last week where the biggest loser for that week gets a "diet fork" :-) It's a fork that someone made by bending all but one tin backwords. They put it in a little fancy box. Anyway you only get to keep it for one week then you have to bring it back and the biggest loser for that week gets to take it home for a week. A little corny but that's ok :-)
Anyway I have it this week (I'm stressing that I'm going to forget to bring it back next week :-)) At the end of June whoever was the biggest loser the most weeks gets to keep the diet fork for good.
I'm already down another pound since Tuesday. 3 more pounds and I'll be under 200 :-) I've been under 200 so many times I lost count. Hopefully this time will stick.
How is everyone else doing?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats on the wt loss. I have regained up into the 170's ARGH. Time to kick it into gear again. I am not going to SRD this wknd as I am getting ready to leave on Sunday for ND for a week to attend a conference and visit my son. Therefore, I can say that I was 2nd place state winner for division 3.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo Vicki!! That is awesome being a division winner. Congratulations!!

I went to TOPS tonight and had a loss. I have been very fortunate with staying under goal the entire time. Knocks on nearest wood!

Susan - Congrats on being the best loser. Is this fork the prize? Is it something anyone would want?

We have a contest right now for 2 afghans. There are 2 afghans being crocheted by one of the TOPS ladies. One is for the TOPS members and one for the KOPS. If you are the best loser of the week, then you get a stripe added to the appropriate afghan. When we finish the contest at the end of July the winners will be the ones with the most stripes. A KOPS is the best loser of the week by being the one that changed the least. For example, if you turtle (stay the same) then you would be the best loser.

Maybe we should post once a week to let each other know how it is going with them.

I just realized I need to find a newer pic to post. I have a broken nose in my above SRD photos! My little granddaughter dove off steps to her bunkbeds and hit me full force in the nose. It was still swollen and black and blue. Luckily it doesn't show in those photos too much. It is still sore and it has been 6 weeks.

Have a great evening and weekend!!

Last edited by NWLoser; 05-14-2009 at 09:14 PM..
Old 05-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #206
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I've been doing wonderfully since going back to TOPS. I LOVE what I'm eating, and it never hurts that I'm stepping on the scale each week with an amazing weight loss. We have a team contest going right now, and we are stomping the other team. It is that significant!

It is great to be back where the accountability is.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Cleo - Jamie, It is good to see you posting here again.

TOPS rocks! I love the accountability. I bet your team is loving you!!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree Dianne. We SHOULD post weekly here so we can keep this thread active.

I was reading through a thread concerning Overeaters Anonymous and one of the posters suggested TOPPS (her quote) and someone responded saying it was a religious based program. ????? Not sure what that was about. But, someone else replied saying that TOPS isn't religious. Jamie, I think you may have posted on there????

I like your idea of the afghan, what a great idea! I can crochet too. But, I think it would probably take our group about a year to complete an afghan, and only one, not two LOL. Besides, we don't have any KOPS. However, I think once I get to 170 again, I am going to submit papers for KOPS. If I go far enough below, then so be it, and I lose KOPS status HA. Better to be below the leeway than above, right???
Old 05-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #209
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
My team is freaking loving me right now. I went in the first week of the contest with an 8 pound loss, the second week with a 7 pound loss, and the third week with a 3.5 pound loss!

I don't believe TOPS is religious. I've never seen religion mentioned in any of the groups I have belonged to. While many meet at churches, this is more a matter of cost and convenience than religion. I have seen people mention thankfulness to God for their weight loss, but I've only seen it in their mag--never in a TOPS meeting.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Woohoo Vicki!! That is awesome being a division winner. Congratulations!!

I went to TOPS tonight and had a loss. I have been very fortunate with staying under goal the entire time. Knocks on nearest wood!

Susan - Congrats on being the best loser. Is this fork the prize? Is it something anyone would want?
Thanks :-) Yes, the fork is the prize. At the end of june whoever was the biggest loser the most weeks gets to keep it for good. Honestly that would not make me work harder :-) Nothing I would really want but some of the ladies think it great.

We have a contest right now for 2 afghans. There are 2 afghans being crocheted by one of the TOPS ladies. One is for the TOPS members and one for the KOPS. If you are the best loser of the week, then you get a stripe added to the appropriate afghan. When we finish the contest at the end of July the winners will be the ones with the most stripes. A KOPS is the best loser of the week by being the one that changed the least. For example, if you turtle (stay the same) then you would be the best loser.
That's a neat idea.
Maybe we should post once a week to let each other know how it is going with them. I'll try to do that. I don't remember when everyone has their meeting. Mines on Tuesday morning so I'll try to post soon after I get home.

I just realized I need to find a newer pic to post. I have a broken nose in my above SRD photos! My little granddaughter dove off steps to her bunkbeds and hit me full force in the nose. It was still swollen and black and blue. Luckily it doesn't show in those photos too much. It is still sore and it has been 6 weeks. OUCH! Your nose doesn't look broken in that picture. Hope it heals soon.

Have a great evening and weekend!!
You too. Our farmers market in Lagrande is opening this weekend. So excited! Doesn't take much to make me happy :-)
Closed Thread