Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Brenda: I just looked on TOPS.org and there are 3 chapters in Kelso. Here is a link:
http://www.tops.org/imisapps/Chapter...SA&Distance=10

There are also chapters in Longview.

Tammy: On the TOPS.org site here are some choices for you.

http://www.tops.org/imisapps/Chapter...SA&Distance=10

Hope these help!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 AM   #32
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/234/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I lived in the Puyallup area for years! Kelso is a beautiful city, too. It's nice to see Washingtonians and No'westerners here!

TOPS is pretty special. I'm glad to be a member.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Jan! Waiting to hear how your weigh-in went this morning. I hope you made KOPS today on your birthday! That would be an awesome birthday gift for your 50th!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
Made it today!!!
Weighed in at 158.75
went and had a pedicure and a 1 hour massage!!!
lunch tomorrow with the dh!!!

I usually post at jimmy house. my journal is called ....ridin my harley.
I also post in the nester's challenge in the 50's thread.

I have been lurking around here till I found this TOPS thread. I will check in here every now and then if that' o.k. with you gals.

I survived a life of yo-yo dieting, weight watchers, TOPS when I was way younger, Atkins, and .....yess..........*******.

In feb of 06 I rejoined TOPS weighing 259.5 I was at a standstill when kk hit the market. I joined cuz of ww. I got banned in sept. I don't regret the diet, it got me moving again in the right direction. It also made give atkins another chance!!!

Time to hit the hay!! I'll be back!!

JAN
Old 02-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Jan -

[COLOR="Blue"]CONGRATULATIONS! [/COLOR]

How cool is that to become a KOPS on your 50th birthday! I am doing the happy dance for you! I hope to join you very very soon. I bet your chapter is very proud of you! Maybe you will become the biggest loser in your state division.

That is great that you treated yourself. I am going to treat myself to some new clothes and I am going to get my ear pierced and wear a diamond in it to remind myself how much I lost.

Again congrats and keep checking/posting. We want to hear how you are doing.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 02-28-2008, 06:05 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

I had dinner at applebees with the dh yesterday for my birthday, I had a 7 oz sirloin with grilled shrimp, house salad, and steamed brocc. Even had melted blue cheese on the steak. I am sure there was some hidden carbs in there somewhere, it seems there always is! But, I tried to make the best decisions I could. I even had 1/2 of a bacardi rum and diet pepsi. I've been avoiding alcohol since last june. I can't drink and diet at the same time!! SO........................it's not always easy, being a bar owner.

I will check back in later, today I am going to make the cleochatra rev. rolls that everyone raves about. I hope they turn out.

JAN
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
wishbone congrats!!! How long did it take you? Care to share a daily menu?

As for me I am not sure what I am doing any more haha kind of low car watching calories too. yesterday I had:

yoga cheese with cocoa powder and fiberfit 1/2 c
string cheese(2)
shake
salad
cabbage chicken veggie soup
spaghetti squash
1/2 c choc yogurt cheese

I was down another pound this morn about two pounds down from weigh in saturday

I am also feeling nauseaus off and on for 3 days

Last edited by soon; 02-28-2008 at 06:37 AM..
Old 02-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #38
something there

wishbone-- let me know what you think of them!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed in at tops today and although my scale showed me at 3.5 loss their scale was 1.8 so that is good.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

No chance yet to make the oopsie rolls. The other day I made crackers instead. I use the joesephs lavish bread, brush with butter, cut in little squares,and bake till crisp. I am addicted to them!! I use them for nachos alot! I am gonna form 1 around a bowl and use for a taco salad sometime.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

1st week of being a KOPS - I weighed in today and maintained!!! 158.75
Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Jan - Congrats on your first week as a KOPS! Maintaining the same weight is awesome!

For some reason my body has decided to hold on to its weight. Not sure what is going on but I hope it lets loose of some soon!

Hope everyone else is having a great week!

Congrats on your loss Soon.

Old 03-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

cleo - I made the oopsie rolls from the recipee after clicking on to your picture tutorial. Is this the original recipee? has it been "tweaked" for improvement? mine turned out very good! someday I will have the time to go through all the pages and see all the suggestions. someday..............

I'm leaving today for a state pool tourney and fixed them last night, to take with. I try to take a few food alternatives with me . There is a Wendy's by the motel, so at least I can finally pick up a burger and eat it. Yeah!! No Fork!!

I also took joesephs lavish bread, buttered 1 side, draped it over a bowl, baked at 350 for 10 min. Taco Salad!! I'll just pack all the "guts" for the salad separate. When we get to the motel tonight, a light meal is on the menu!!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for that tip on shell for taco salad what a good idea~ I missed my Tops meeting which was 10:30 and I slepy until almost 1:30..I got off lc plan again so I need to kick myself back to plan. My team is losing what a surprise. Hybby and I went to see Phantom on stage last nite just excellent!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to bump this up and say Cleo you are melting girl! Way to go! I hope to be a KOPS soon. I went a little crazy for about a month. Too much pressure to reach goal backfired on me. But I am back to sticking to my plan. I didn't go off plan but ate way too many nuts, etc.

I will have very exciting news to tell after our State Recognition days.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Just bumping this up! I am trying really hard to make it to my KOPS goal by Thursday. I have been playing around for months and should have reached it by January! So I am going to do it! I will check in on Thursday night to let you know after my weigh-in. (My KOPS goal is 135).

How is everyone else doing??

I am looking forward to SRD as I am being honored as a winner. Can't say yet publicly but will after it is over in May.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #47
something there

Way to go, girl!

I had biggest loser of the month for March (2nd month in a row), and was awarded 5 charms for losses and the biggest loser-- of course your announcement sounds infinitely more exciting! Congratulations to you! I look forward to hearing your news.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Cleo! :blush:

Way to go for you! It is so cool being the best loser of the month. Wow you got lots of charms! We get them for every 10 lbs. lost. KUTGW and the yummy recipes!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Well tonight was my weigh-in. I was so jazzed as I thought tonight was the night I became a KOPS. Nope, didn't happen. I still have 3/4 of a lb. to go. But now in retrospect I think it might be a blessing. That gives me until next week to lose more than that and be under goal. I want to try to maintain at 5 lbs. under my TOPS goal which would be 130. So I think I will just focus on getting to that number. I can do this! Hope everyone else is doing great at TOPS.

Check in and let us know how it is going.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

I made it! Yippee! I am doing the happy dance. I became a KOPS tonight! I have lost 100.75 lbs. I can hardly believe it that I am finally at goal. But I am not stopping until I get 5 below goal which would be 130. So I am going to try and get there soon to have a cushion. My whole chapter was so excited. I got hugs from everyone and we were all yelling in excitement! No one in the 40 years of this chapter has lost this much. We now have 6 KOPS members in our chapter of 18 members. Pretty good!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #51
something there

Woohoo!!!

Congratulations! You have done so well!!! I am truly happy for your hard work and your reaching KOPS status!
Old 04-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Cleo (Jamie)! That means a lot to me coming from you. Now comes the new challenge, keeping it off! Have a great weekend - I am going to the coast.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:19 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Here I am on Thursday saying my first ever KOPS pledge. This was not taken at the best angle! I hope to post my before and after in a week or so. Good luck all of you TOPS - you can do it too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mekopspledge.jpg (54.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #54
something there

You really look nice in your photograph. I see only a pretty lady, regardless of weight. You have done tremendously well! I look forward to hearing more about your award.

My TOPS club gives out a lot of charms for weight loss and awards, and already I'm overloaded. I've never been in a group with this much support in objects. LOL If I don't take off the smiley, I end up gaining weight in just charms. I need to put them on my bracelet.

We're doing a contest right now with two teams. The team who loses the most weight by the end of the competition doesn't have to be in charge of the TOPS picnic. I am SO all over that! So far we're winning, and I aim to keep it that way!

I've lost 130 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jamie. :blush:

Didn't you say in one of your contests that there is a weight loss cap each week? They only count so much? That seems weird to me. We don't have any of those kinds of rules. Whatever you lose counts even when we are in teams. We do have a rule for KOPS though. We have 6 KOPS now out of 18 members. The KOPS member on a team gets to count 1 lb. loss as long as they are in leeway.

Wow you are amassing the charms! I said something to our group about your chapter awarding them every 5 lbs. They said each chapter sets their own rules. I didn't know that at first. We are happy earning them every 10 lbs. Plus we earn them in 2 other ways. Each week that you are the best loser you earn a rose. When you have 5 roses you get a charm. Also each week that you lose or turtle you earn a poker chip. Once you have earned 10 poker chips - you earn a charm. So it probably turns out the same.

I can't wait to reveal my SRD award but my lips are sealed until after May 18th. I bet you will be in line for SRD award(s) next year!

KUTGW! It would be neat to be in your TOPS chapter. I am sure you bring the "fun" into the group!

By the way I commented on another thread but here goes again - you look great in your avitar! You will be there again before you know it!
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luvs2lose
Stats: 174/171/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 28, 2009
Hello,
I just joined TOPS last night and plan on doing it the low carb way. I have been watching this post and have noticed that it hasnt been very active. I hope that changes and we can get it going again. So here's to my first week with TOPS and now I just have to focus on getting on the low carb band wagon. I have been following WW. I have such a problem with carbs, I figured that once all the fruit is gone(much to expensive to throw in the trash), I will start with Atkins. I will check back and hope to see some activity here. Have a great night!

Corinna
Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Corinna!

I know there are more TOPS members on this board so I hope they will join us. I love the support my TOPS members give me each week. I am leaving for our state convention on Thursday and will have a big announcement when I return.

I plan on attending TOPS for the rest of my life so I don't regain my weight. We have one dear lady (83 yr old) who has been a member for 41 years and a KOPS for 40 years!

So good luck Corinna. Keep posting so we know how you are doing.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luvs2lose
Stats: 174/171/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 28, 2009
Well this week has been kind of crummy....I have used having junk in the house as an excuse. Need to eat it so I dont waste money....what a bunch of malarky. I went shopping today and stocked up on all kinds of good food. I bought eggs, cheese, veggies, meats, salad dressings. Yummy!! Absolutely no excuse for me to not stay on track. Only bought enough fruit for DBF's lunches. My 2nd TOPS meeting is on Monday, but Im not holding my breath for a loss. I will be happy if I stayed the same! I will keep you posted. I plan on making some revol-oopsie rolls this weekend and trying those. I love cooking so this will give me an opportunity to try some new recipes....

Corinna
Old 05-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

I am back from SRD (State Recognition Days in Oregon). Now I can post my exciting news! I was state runner-up for Division 3 in the entire state with a loss of 74.5 lbs. in 2007. I was not eligible for state queen as I did not become a KOPS until April 2008. It is a shame as I lost more than the queen or queen runner-up! I have lost 100 and they have lost 81 and 86 lbs. Oh well! Maybe I can win for 2008!

Here is my photo with the man who was runner-up for Division 3. Not a great photo but hopefully it will show how I look now. I will post some other photos from SRD later this week.

Good luck to all of you TOPS members. If you can attend your state's SRD, I highly recommend it. It is very motivating. It was great meeting and sharing with other members. I met many that do not follow the TOPS exchange diet but customize their own, including low carb!

Hang in there Corinna. I will cross my fingers you stay the same. Don't drink a hour or two before weigh-in. Just use your new foods this week and you should show a loss next week!

It was inspiring to meet and talk to the TOPS International queen of 2007. She is from Oregon and lost 217 lbs! Wow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg division3winners.jpg (59.7 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-19-2008, 11:35 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

I thought I would post another photo from our TOPS convention last week. I am wearing my new 6p jeans. I never dreamed I could ever wear that size! I am now able to get into one leg of my old "BIG" jeans! I really didn't think I was that big! Yikes!

Good luck to all you TOPS people! You can do this! Lowcarb is wonderful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meattops.jpg (15.9 KB, 24 views)
Closed Thread