Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 PM   #421
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Is the biggest loser contest a TOPS contest then?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Is the biggest loser contest a TOPS contest then?
No it's not. It has nothing to do with TOPS.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:04 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Susan, how many people are in your contest? I am so happy for you that you are in first place so far. Is there anyone close enough that could go all out this next week to beat you?
Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne,
It started out to be about 40 people. There's about 30 people now.
You know they go by pertentages so I'm not sure how to judge that. I've as of 2 weeks ago (they're always a week behind) I've lost 10.6%. The woman that's in second place has lost 9.5%. This last week, I lost 3 pounds and she lost 2. So we'll see :-) I'm just going to do induction foods this week and see how it goes.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys,
Down 1 3/4 pounds this week. Hope everyone is having a good week :-)
Old 09-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo!!! That is good Susan. That sounds good for Thursday's weigh-in. Just remember don't really eat and don't drink much after noon.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Down a pound here, see stats. I was surprised, but I will take it.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Oh that's great, Vicki. Anything's better then gaining, right? :-)
Dianne, Yes, I'm pretty confident. I'm debating on what to have tomorrow and Thursday morning. I'm thinking about doing mostly eggs and very low carb. Or maybe I should do high fiber on Wednesday. Not sure. Boy, I'll be glad when this is over. I originally did this because it sounded fun. Never imagining I would win it :-) I think I told you it was sponsored by herbalife. I looked at their bars and shakes and they are so full of sugar and crap. I noticed that the people that are buying their products are the ones that are losing the slowest :-) It's funny, they had a class on the importance of eating unprocessed foods and at the end of the class try to sell us their junk.
I hope they have a comment card at the end asking us how we liked their class :-)
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Good luck Susan. Personally I would not do high fiber. What if it didn't work fast enough and you actually retain more. I would do vlc for the next day. JMHO!

Good going Vicki!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
I think I told you it was sponsored by herbalife. I looked at their bars and shakes and they are so full of sugar and crap. I noticed that the people that are buying their products are the ones that are losing the slowest :-) It's funny, they had a class on the importance of eating unprocessed foods and at the end of the class try to sell us their junk.
I hope they have a comment card at the end asking us how we liked their class :-)
That is too funny! Talk about nutrition and then try to sell processed stuff. I really stay away from processed foods now. I would definitely fill out a comment card if they have one!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:31 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Good luck Susan. Personally I would not do high fiber. What if it didn't work fast enough and you actually retain more. I would do vlc for the next day. JMHO!

Good going Vicki!
Ok, Thanks, Dianne. Yeah, I'll just do very low carb. My scale showed a loss this morning so I'm sure I'm good. Last Thursday I was 1/2 pound from having a 25 pound loss from when I started this contest 12 weeks ago.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #432
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
That is too funny! Talk about nutrition and then try to sell processed stuff. I really stay away from processed foods now. I would definitely fill out a comment card if they have one!
That is what I think happens to people eating junky low carb foods like Atkins protein bars and such. Although, I feel I am speaking out of both sides of my mouth because I am prone to eat a protein bar once in a while to satisfy sweet cravings.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is what I think happens to people eating junky low carb foods like Atkins protein bars and such. Although, I feel I am speaking out of both sides of my mouth because I am prone to eat a protein bar once in a while to satisfy sweet cravings.
Yeah, I do too, Vicki :-) But I try to not do it too often and I try to pick one that's as "natural" as possible.
Herbalife even has a shake mix that has high fructose corn syrup in it
Old 09-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

On the main low carb lobby I started a link about diet orange Crush having HFCS in it. 4 g of carbs per 8oz serving!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #435
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I saw that. I was at the store yesterday and had to go check for myself :-) I couldn't believe it. I had to go check and make sure the kind I'd been drinking didn't have any carbs. I swear, you have to check labels on EVERYTHING!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I swear, you have to check labels on EVERYTHING!
That is for sure! Products vary so very much. I am glad I hadn't been drinking the Diet Crush. You don't expect that from a diet soda!

Good luck tomorrow Susan. I think you are going to have a super chance!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deadmanwalking
Start Date: 7/22/09
dead man is back in town boys and girls :P
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back, Dead Man. How's everything going?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #439
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome back Michael.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Michael! I hope things are going better for you. How is TOPS working for you?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deadmanwalking
Start Date: 7/22/09
ty guys and yes tops is working for me i'm on a losing fast and I also join relay for life! i did my frist all night walk lol omg it was so cool but tiring lol
Old 09-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #442
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi Everyone ,

Monday is the day! I am joining TOPS. Any advice? Has it worked for you? Are they accepting of LC?

Eliza
Old 09-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

I think if you read back through the posts Eliza, you will see how this is working for us. I am now KOPS (Keep off pounds sensibly) as is Dianne, we are both at our goal weight. The other regular posters are consitent in losing. I like TOPS for the accountability.

It depends on the group how they accept LC. My group knows that is what I follow, but most of the programs are geared towards the exchange diet. Since I am a leader, I do present some of the programs the way they are since that is what a majority of the group follows. I don't push the LC on anyone, but if someone asks, I tell them how I lost the wt.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs

Last edited by vli1127; 09-13-2009 at 01:30 PM..
Old 09-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Eliza,
Welcome to this thread and to TOPS. The TOPS that I joined has some awesome women. So supportive. Only a couple od women know exactly what I'm doing. And, yeah, what Vicki said. It's all geared towards lowfat but I've learned to take what I want and leave the rest. Allot of the programs have to do with positive attitude and portion control....Things that can be applied to any program. When I get to goal, I might tell more people how I did it but for now I'm happy just keeping quiet.
I remember running in to a member at a grocery store after the meeting and she got talking about how well I'm doing. She asked me what I was doing and I just said I was eating natural, non processed foods. She sounded real interested and then her eye went to my cart. Heavy cream, butter, sour cream, and 10 pounds of beef. So then I tried to explain what non processed foods were and her eyes started gazing over and that's when I knew I had lost her. LOL And yet I notice that she is consistantely up and down the same 5 pounds.
Anyway, so I just try to say as little as posible about my diet.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Eliza! I love love TOPS! I have lost weight many times in the past - think yo-yo dieting. It wasn't until I joined TOPS that I knew for sure that I would keep off the weight forever. I have kept off over 100 lbs. now for 17 months and there is no going back for me.

I love my group and they all know how I eat but I don't push it but will share if someone wants to know. I also do not eat any processed foods.

Every group is different so you will have to see how they are about lowcarb. I wouldn't join and try to push my diet but share if asked. JMHO.

I will continue to go to TOPS forever as it keeps me accountable and I enjoy it.

Let us know how your first meeting goes!

Just wanted to let you know that I am our state's queen runner-up this year and I go to other chapters and talk about my weight loss success. If asked I share how I eat. I eat so much healthier than before!

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I was up a pound and a half yesterday. I guess a couple of things could have caused it. TOM is here and I woke up on Tuesday feeling bloated. I also started doing a little weight lifting which I guess could have caused it too. Anyway, I feel ok knowing that it wasn't caused by anything bad I did.
How's everybody else doing?
Eliza, did you make it to your TOPS meeting on Monday?
Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, I am sure it will melt back off. I think you probably hit on the causes and it will only be temporary. I wait anxiously to hear about your biggest loser contest. Will they weigh you again? I assume the weighing is done.

Eliza, how was your first meeting??

Vicki, how did you do last night?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Dianne. They've always been a week behind so this week will only be the announcement of winners. They want us to invite our friends and families so my husband is going with me and I invited my TOPS group. Some have expressed interest in doing it and they are starting another round next week so they can learn more about it at the party.
I'll let you know how I do.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #449

Vicki, thanks!

I think that is probably the approach I will apply also, at least in beginning while I am getting to know people. Who knows, there may be some other fellow LCers there (to reveal themselves in time).

In the meantime, I will be going back through the thread to read up on how TOPS works for you.

Quote:
I think if you read back through the posts Eliza, you will see how this is working for us. I am now KOPS (Keep off pounds sensibly) as is Dianne, we are both at our goal weight. The other regular posters are consitent in losing. I like TOPS for the accountability.

It depends on the group how they accept LC. My group knows that is what I follow, but most of the programs are geared towards the exchange diet. Since I am a leader, I do present some of the programs the way they are since that is what a majority of the group follows. I don't push the LC on anyone, but if someone asks, I tell them how I lost the wt.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #450

Hi Tomswife,

I hope the lady in the store didn't judge you and I hope you didn't feel bad about being "discovered". Apparently, what she does is not working. What you are doing IS working and if she is a smart cookie, she will be coming to you for advice.

In the meantime, thanks so much for sharing

Quote:
Hi Eliza,
Welcome to this thread and to TOPS. The TOPS that I joined has some awesome women. So supportive. Only a couple od women know exactly what I'm doing. And, yeah, what Vicki said. It's all geared towards lowfat but I've learned to take what I want and leave the rest. Allot of the programs have to do with positive attitude and portion control....Things that can be applied to any program. When I get to goal, I might tell more people how I did it but for now I'm happy just keeping quiet.
I remember running in to a member at a grocery store after the meeting and she got talking about how well I'm doing. She asked me what I was doing and I just said I was eating natural, non processed foods. She sounded real interested and then her eye went to my cart. Heavy cream, butter, sour cream, and 10 pounds of beef. So then I tried to explain what non processed foods were and her eyes started gazing over and that's when I knew I had lost her. LOL And yet I notice that she is consistantely up and down the same 5 pounds.
Anyway, so I just try to say as little as posible about my diet.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Closed Thread