Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Great job Vicki on the loss! I think your plan sounds great. I know that some chapters do a newsletter. I think that or postcards would be great. I think emailing to those who have a computer and sending snail mail to the others would be the way to go. Your chapter could reimburse you the postage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife
Yeah, not too much happens in this town so when it does it's really something :-) And my husband went to school with the killer. That gave me the creeps :-)
Yikes! That is creepy.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Last night at TOPS I was up a quarter of a pound. I had stayed at 117 for almost a month so I felt good with just a quarter pound gain. I had a lot of social eating last week so I was happy that I only went up a tiny bit.

My chapter is getting so enthusiastic about the baseball game. My team all had losses this week except for me which is fine as I am way below goal. I am almost 5 lbs. under.

Have a great weekend fellow TOPS peeps!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I hope my group gets pumped up too Dianne.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
Well, I gain a pound and a half today. I have no idea how that happened. My scale has been doing weird things for a few weeks so I couldn't keep track of things here. I wasn't losing as fast as I'd like so this past week I stopped drink diet soda and coffee. And what happens. I gain! So I'm still gonna stop drinking pop but right now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. I even gave up my protein shakes in the morning and had eggs with veggies. Lots more veggies this week. I haven't had any fruit this week but someone brought plums to the meeting today and I had 3. I don't know. I'm just really bothered by this so I'm going to obsesse over this today.
Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #395
Blabbermouth!!!

(((((((((((((((((Susan)))))))))))))))))) hang in there. There are always bumps in the road, you can do it. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>butt kicking, now quit obsessing over it LOL. Time to get out of the funk and start your day over.

I lost 1/2 lb tonight, see stats. Still in leeway. Tonight was the first night of the baseball game. We had our lineups made and not all of the people got up to base because 3 people had gained, so they struck out. I hadn't expected that or planned on it, so I guess next week, the next person in the lineup will be first. I didn't do the points like you Dianne, I made it so bases were advanced, but maybe that shouldn't happened. I think the other people on the team that struck out that hadn't gotten up to bat and would have ran bases due to loses, were a bit disgruntled. I said I was new to this game and we should still be working out the kinks.

My team is the Bombers, mascot a bomb, and team colors black and white. The other team is the Grasshoppers, mascot . . . a grasshopper, color . . . green. I sure hope I don't make anyone mad for this contest.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
Old 08-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much for the support, Vicki. I've gotten over my obsessiveness today :-) I should know better then to try to many new things in one week.
I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing (with the edition of one new thing) and hopefully it'll work itself out.
Cogrates on your 1/2 pound loss. That's awesome

You game sounds like fun. Maybe it's just me but I would prefer a game without teams. I just hate depending on someone else like that and if everyone in my team gained weight and I lost I think I'd feel a little cheated or something. But, again, maybe that's just me :-) Hopefully you'll get all the kinks wirked out before everyone gets upset with you :-)
Old 08-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Anyone know where Dianne is? I believe she weighs in on Thusday.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Susan. It has been such a hectic week that I haven't felt like or had time to post. Our daughter had her baby boy on Monday and he had to be transported from the hospital to the trauma hospital in Portland. He has been in the neonatal ICU all week. She couldn't even hold him the first 2 days. He has improved but is still in the NICU. He was not small. He was 7 lb. 14 oz. He just had trouble breathing so had to be put on a c-pap machine. He is off that now but not good enough to leave the NICU yet. He is breathing totally on his own. He always was breathing on his own but just not enough oxygen. He was full term. So I have had our little granddaughter (3 years old) all week. So I have been exhausted between going to the hospital and caring for her. She wears me out! Things are looking up though. I did go to TOPS on Thursday and was up 3/4 lb. but still 4 lbs. under goal. So I was fine with that.

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 08-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, congrats on the loss.

Susan, did you figure out why your weight went up a little? That is why I journal or keep a food diary all the time so I can figure out what is going on. I am sure you will lose it next week.

Vicki, Did your group like the game? My group is so into it that each team has cheers they do before we begin. We almost had a no-gainer meeting. Just one person gained and the rest lost! We had 14 or 15 attending so that was great.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

I wanted to share my good news. The baby got to come home today straight out of the NICU. We will see him tonight.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Dianne, that's good news. I'm so sorry you've had such a bad week. I was just worried cause you're usually so good about checking in :-) Glad things are looking up. Do you still have your granddaughter? I'm sure a 3 year old would have you running ragged.

There's a lady a tops that is convinced it was what I was wearing. I usually wear sweats but on Tuesday I wore jeans. I'm not convinced it could make THAT much of a difference. A lot of folks wear the same thing but since I don't get out much I like to dress up and wear different things. If that means a weight fluctuation then I'm ok with that. But like I said I'm not convinced.
I have a different group on Thursday that I weigh at and I was down 2 pounds there. At that one I wore shorts. So maybe :-)
Old 08-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #402
Major LCF Poster!

I am such a nerd that I wear the same outfit to weigh in every week! I just change my shirt afterwards. I wear one style of pants in the cold weather and one style of shorts in warm weather. It is surprising how much clothes can weigh. I was going to wear another shirt the other day and I weighed it and it was almost a lb. more than my usual one. So it could be your jeans. Do you have a small kitchen type of scale that you can weigh your sweats and jeans on? I use a small digital one in the kitchen and that is how I discovered it.

Our 3 yr. old granddaughter went home a little while ago. I have had her since last weekend. I am absolutely worn to a frazzle!!!!! She is a wonderful little girl but I am exhausted.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Well, the other day I weighed naked and then put my jeans on and weighed and I weighed exactly the same. The people at TOPS were no fun. They wouldn't let me take my jeans off and weigh again LOL
I do have a kitchen scale so I'll do that later tonight.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, well, my sweats weighed 15 ounces. My jeans weighed 25 ounces.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #405
Blabbermouth!!!

I try to wear something "light" when I weigh in, definitely NOT jeans LOL. Sweats in the winter with a long sleeved tshirt and shorts or light wt capri with tshirt in the summer. Good luck everyone with weighing in this week. Where is Michael????
Old 08-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Susan. 10 oz. difference in sweats and jeans can make a difference of 1/2+ lb. and if you wear something else a little heavier you could easily weigh 1+ lbs. more in a week. Do you have some lightweight pants or shorts that you could wear along with a lightweight top?

I think I read somewhere that Michael was having some problems at home and was taking a break.

Good luck everyone this week.

Check out the main lobby for my pics of when my first grandchild was born and the little one last week. What a difference!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...-has-done.html Post 6 on this thread has another photo of me without my legs up on the chair and is a better one of how I really look. LOL!

Last edited by NWLoser; 08-24-2009 at 05:52 PM..
Old 08-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne, I had no idea clothes would make such a difference. I just really hate wearing the same thing every week especially since I don't get out allot. Some folks wear shorts in and then change so I might do that but it still seems like such a pain :-)

I did see your other post. You look amazing. I don't think I saw post 6 so I'll go back and take a look. Your grandbabies are sure cute.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Susan. Thanks. :blush:

I know it is kind of a pain but I like to wear the same weight of clothes or the same clothes each week as for me it is a true measure of my weight. Some times I change and sometimes I don't.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Many people were gone tonight, it may be the baseball game, not sure. We decided that after tonight, we need to get out of our chairs and actually run the bases because it is hard to keep track of it.

I was down another pound, but still in leeway, barely.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Vicki. Good going on the weight. We do "run" the bases. We have bases and we stand in our teams. We call the names and do our bases. I think it is good to be a little active.

How was your weigh-in Susan?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Good job, Vicki.
I was down 3 pounds yesterday. I'm sure part of that is from being up the week before because of the jeans :-) I wasn't the biggest loser though. There's a woman that joined about 6 weeks ago. She is quite heavy. She says she's on water pills. Don't know much about those but one week she'll be down 8 pounds. The next week up five. One week she actually lost 11 pounds. But the next week she gain 10. So this week she was down 6 pounds. Not sure what to think. So she's the biggest loser about every other week :-)
We had our picnic yesterday. Even though everything looked healthy, after asking about the ingredients, almost everything had sugar in it. So I had my cauliflower salad and someone brought fresh tomatos. So I did ok. A gal that I e-mail during the week said she was bringing a grape salad. Sour cream, cream cheese and grapes. Sounds good I told her. At the last minute she told me she put powdered sugar in it She seemed a bit hurt that I didn't try some but she's one of very few people there that knows basically how I eat. But everyone else seemed to gobble it up so I'm sure she'll get over it.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #412
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan, great job on losing this week. When we have a food event, I try to make sure that I bring a casserole that includes both protein and veggies, that way I KNOW I have something to eat.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
I was down 3 pounds yesterday. I'm sure part of that is from being up the week before because of the jeans :-) I wasn't the biggest loser though. There's a woman that joined about 6 weeks ago. She is quite heavy. She says she's on water pills. Don't know much about those but one week she'll be down 8 pounds. The next week up five. One week she actually lost 11 pounds. But the next week she gain 10. So this week she was down 6 pounds. Not sure what to think. So she's the biggest loser about every other week :-)
Congrats on the 3 lbs! We made a rule at our chapter that you can't be the best loser of the week if you gained the week before. That way you don't have someone losing one week, gaining the next, relosing the same lbs. following week, etc. We were having this situation so we all decided it wasn't fair. Our best loser of the week receives a dime from each member. They also receive a rose. When you get 5 roses, you receive a charm.

Susan, I am glad you found something to eat at your picnic. I also take things like meat and/or cheese and veggies that I can eat. Some people bring good food but then add sugar like you mentioned.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post
Congrats on the 3 lbs! We made a rule at our chapter that you can't be the best loser of the week if you gained the week before. That way you don't have someone losing one week, gaining the next, relosing the same lbs. following week, etc. We were having this situation so we all decided it wasn't fair. Our best loser of the week receives a dime from each member. They also receive a rose. When you get 5 roses, you receive a charm.
I think they mentioned that they use to do that too. Not sure why they changed. I've done that twice, coming down off of a cheat. I even mentioed that it wasn't fair since I was losing mainly water weight and that's when they mentioned that it use to be that way but they changed it.
Everyone that loses gets a ticket. The biggest loser gets an extra ticket. They draw at the end of the meeting and give away a dollar store prize.
Every week each member puts in 35 cents. At the end of the month they draw from all the tickets in the month and give away that money to the winner. Also if you lose 2 weeks in a row you get a gold dollar. I like the rose idea.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon, Guys.
I hope everyone is having a good day.
I lost a pound and a half today. Not bad I guess.
I was the biggest loser for August with 7 pounds.
Our treasurer stood up today and said with todays weigh in she had lost exactly 100 pounds. That was so cool. We all gave her a standing ovation. I knew that she had lost some and loses good most weeks but had no idea she had lost that much.

Have a good day!

Susan
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan, that is good news about being the month's best loser. It is good to see one of the members, especially and officer, announce a huge loss.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

ARGH, up 4.25 lbs but still in leeway. Time to crack down a bit.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Gosh, That's too bad Vicki.
What do you think caused that?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
I lost a pound and a half today. Not bad I guess.
I was the biggest loser for August with 7 pounds.
Awesome job! Congrats on being the best loser for August.

We had TOPS tonight and I was up some but still under goal. I have never been up to goal since I reached it. So I am happy. I have to remember that weight fluctuates.

I hope Vicki that you figure out why your weight went up.

I know why mine did. I ate a number of macademia nuts that were salted. I usually do not eat any salted nuts. I also ate at Carl's Jr. this week and was appalled to find that there was 1480 mg. of sodium in my lc burger and 570 calories!!!! That was without a bun. Yikes! No more for me. I find that I actually enjoy eating at home now more than eating out at a restaurant. This is such a change for me as I was the one who would have been happy to eat out 3 or more times a week prior to starting lc.

Susan - good luck on your contest! I would love to hear more about it.

Have a happy and safe holiday everyone!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:34 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dianne,
I didn't mention my contest here cause I didn't want to hyjack the Tops thread, but since you asked :-)
I answered you on the other thread but I'll post here to for Vicki or anyone else who cares.
I posted 11 weeks ago when it first started :-) It's in Island city. It's called the biggest loser contest.( I think they have similar ones all over cause every once in a while I see someone else had joined one elsewhere) Everyone that joins pays 29.00. Whoever loses the most percentage wise of their weight wins. The first place wins half the pot (450.00) the second place gets 30% and the third place gets 10% of the pot.
One of the requirements is you have to stay for the 1 hour nutrition class. That's the hardest part for me because it's so focused on lowfat.
Last night I lost 3 pounds. I'm still in the number one spot. I'm half a pound from losing 25 pounds since we started. One more weigh in left.

Dianne, I know what you mean about eating out. And you know, last time I ate a hamburger without the bun (I think it was McDonalds) you can really taste the low quality of the beef with nothing to hide the taste. I use to love to eat out too. I'm really learning to appreciate my own fresh cooking. Hopefully your extra weight will go away quickly.
Closed Thread