Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #361
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deadmanwalking
Start Date: 7/22/09
The dead man is here ^_^

Hey How you guys doing i joined tops last week and its time for the dead man to come alive I posted my story already so how is my tops brothers and sisters out there!

DEAD MAN WALKING!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: NWLoser
Stats: 235/115
WOE: LC/Atkins
Start Date: 12/06 Final Time!
Welcome! I am at goal and a KOPS now for 15 months. I love my TOPS chapter. We have a great time and they are all so supportive. I hope you find your chapter to be that way also.

Keep us updated. I am going to go look for your story now. BBL.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 2008
[QUOTE=deadmanwalking;12293870]Hey How you guys doing i joined tops last week and its time for the dead man to come alive I posted my story already so how is my tops brothers and sisters out there!

Great to have you here! I did read your story on the other thread.
I've been at TOPS since January. Love, love the support.
We usually come here once a week to announce how our meeting went. Each of us have our meetings on different days. What day is your meeting on?
I hope you do well on your journey and we will always be here to help and get to know you better.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:41 AM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanwalking View Post
Hey How you guys doing i joined tops last week and its time for the dead man to come alive I posted my story already so how is my tops brothers and sisters out there!

DEAD MAN WALKING!
Congrats on joining a support group. Where is your story posted, can you attach the link here?
Old 08-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki,
Since he hasn't come back yet, I'll answer this. It is posted in the main lobby entitled "I need help"
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Guys,
Weigh in this morning. Lost 1 3/4. Not bad.
One of my favorite person at Tops did the presentation today. I always feel so good when she talks. I think she might be sort of on low carb but she's really struggling. She has the same issues with sugar that I do so we've talked about that allot. Anyway her presentations are usually more about motivation and feeling good about yourself then about dieting. I don't know, I can just relate to her so much and I just like her speaking style.
When she first joined TOPS (8 years ago) she lost 100 pounds. She has gained 60 of those pounds back and have been struggling to get those back off ever since. Last month she gained every single week. She said this is a new month and a new determination. Today she was the biggest loser with 3 1/2 pounds.
We exchanged e-mail address today and I'm hoping maybe I can help her in some small way as much as she's helped me.
Anyway, just wanted to share. I feel pretty good right now
Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #367
Blabbermouth!!!

Susan, glad to see that you connected with someone in the group who is following more your woe. That is great to exchane emails. You guys will be great support for each other.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

That is great Susan. There is a lady that also does lc in our group and it was helpful as we were both losing to have someone to share with your way of eating. We are both at goal. She lost 110 lbs. and I have lost 118. We both reached goal rather quickly compared to others but no one else is really willing to give up sugar at this time. Sugar is such a trigger for me. It sets off cravings so bad. I can tell if I have had restaurant food with hidden sugar as I am ravenous later.

Good job on losing Susan!

I hope Vicki you have a great weigh-in tonight.

How about you deadman??

I AM NOW LESS THAN HALF OF MY FORMER SELF!!

Dianne

A proud TOPS member - became a KOPS on 4/24/08!

Join us over at the lowcarb TOPS thread. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-part-2-a.html
Old 08-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

I was in leeway. But the meeting was boring. All this woman did was read from a pamphlet about 50 foods to say "yes" to. Oh well. I need to be searching for a new contest for next week.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I think a new contest might stir up the group.

Good job on being in leeway.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, he posted on another thread in the main lobby that he weighed in at TOPS today. Not sure why he hasn't come back here.

Vicki, We had a woman a few weeks ago read an article from a magazine. I was looking around and folks were trying not to fall asleep :-)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:37 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

hey guys im sorry i didnt right back soon i forgot about this one lol well here http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...need-help.html shows what i been doing ty guys for the help and mondays at 530
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #373
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Hi, deadman! It is so nice to meet you! You will SO love TOPS. If it's one thing that really kicks my butt and keeps me in line, it's going to the weekly meetings. Everyone is super sweet!!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #374
Senior LCF Member

thanks guys ^_^ dont worry im not going away the team at my place is new they made me the captain lol i start this monday on it i hope i do good
Old 08-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad to see you posting here deadman, BTW what is your name? I don't like calling you deadman, sounds too depressing LOL
Old 08-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

lol ok the real name is Michael
Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Michael!

My TOPS meeting is tonight. I am a KOPS so I just have to be in leeway. Since achieving KOPS I have stayed under goal for about 16 months now.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #378
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Hello deliciousness! I've been really busy with some projects. It keeps me away.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

yea they made me the captain of the place they just started lol im really shy i never been anything before
Old 08-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yea they made me the captain of the place they just started lol im really shy i never been anything before
Captain? Is that like the leader of the group?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
Captain? Is that like the leader of the group?
yea it is no one wanted it and i spoke up
Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yea it is no one wanted it and i spoke up
Oh That's cool. You'll do a good job. Vicki is also a TOPS leader so I'm sure she'd help you out if you have questions. How many TOPS members is in your chapter? Our chapter says you have to be a member for a year before you can hold an office.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #383
Blabbermouth!!!

TOPS tonight and I am printing stuff out for programs, contest etc. I need to get our group motivated!!!!! I have a plan, I am going to pretend we are starting all over next week. I am going to present a new contest tonight and next week I will find a recording of Take Me Out To The Ballgame and other motivational music, maybe the Rocky theme (anyone have any other suggestions for pumped up music). I want to have balloons and posters and so on as a new start and a "new game plan". Many of the members have been there for many, many years and probably weight more now than when they started.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds good to me Vicki! I hope it gets them all enthused. I did a program based on an article in the TOPS magazine. It was all about the new theme and if not now, then when. It went very well and made them all think.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Vicki. that sounds great. I wish we'd do something like that. Our leader did a program today. First time she's done one since I've been there. She just seemed really bored with the whole thing (she gained again). I've gotten to know her in the last few weeks away from TOPS and really starting to care for her and wish there was someway I could help her. She's asked me before what I eat and I'm more specific with her then with most people cause she genuinely seems to want to know but she also loves her chocolate. She actually told the group today that she had a box of donuts before coming in So I just don't think her mind is in the right place now to get serious.

Anyway, on a good note I lost 2 3/4 pounds. I wasn't the biggest loser. Someone else lost 5 pounds :-) Someone asked me how much I had lost since joining TOPS and the weight recorder looked it up. 31 pounds. I told them that I had lost some before joining TOPS and they said I should do a program on what I eat. Not sure if they're ready for THAT! :-) Maybe when I reach goal I may consider it.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #386
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomswife View Post
Oh, Vicki. that sounds great. I wish we'd do something like that. Our leader did a program today. First time she's done one since I've been there. She just seemed really bored with the whole thing (she gained again). I've gotten to know her in the last few weeks away from TOPS and really starting to care for her and wish there was someway I could help her. She's asked me before what I eat and I'm more specific with her then with most people cause she genuinely seems to want to know but she also loves her chocolate. She actually told the group today that she had a box of donuts before coming in So I just don't think her mind is in the right place now to get serious.

Anyway, on a good note I lost 2 3/4 pounds. I wasn't the biggest loser. Someone else lost 5 pounds :-) Someone asked me how much I had lost since joining TOPS and the weight recorder looked it up. 31 pounds. I told them that I had lost some before joining TOPS and they said I should do a program on what I eat. Not sure if they're ready for THAT! :-) Maybe when I reach goal I may consider it.
Susan You are doing awesome. 31 lbs wahoo. It must be difficult to have a leader gaining and not being very inspiring. But, been there done that too. I was in TOPS many years ago, at my heaviest, and was up and down, not too consistent. How representative can that be for the group, especially newcomers?

The best you can do outside of TOPS with her, is to share your experience and what works for you w/o preaching. Maybe she will eventually get it.

Dianne - I amended the baseball game. It didn't make sense to me to have a certain # of points for each base and then the team won with the most points and not homeruns So, based upon losses, attendance etc. I figured out base advancement instead. That way the team that wins is the one with the highest score. If there are 3 strikeouts for a team, they forfeit any home runs scored for the night.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, Sounds good to me. We played it with different rules the last 2 years and I chose this way this year to simplify it.

I hope your group loves the baseball game. We all do and look forward to it each week. We even have pom-poms and lighted clapping hands from the Dollar Store. We all cheer and get into it as people do their bases. Even the most stodgy in our group have gotten into the spirit. We also added a new rule last week. If your entire team wears a baseball type cap you can earn 5 bonus points for your team. It is helping the teams to work as a group and to help encourage each team member to lose weight and to eat sensibly. I think all but one wrote a food chart/diary last week and it showed in the losses we had. Our group voted on me finding a baseball or team sportmanship type charm as the reward to each member of the winning team. The losing team will perform a skit for the group.

Great job Susan!! You are doing great. That was a good weekly loss. I have been reading about the Elgin murders. That sounded pretty scary. The papers are making it sound like little Elgin is a drug mecca.

Good luck tonight Vicki!!

Last edited by NWLoser; 08-11-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

I had TOPS last night and I am hoping to get the group pumped up. We are starting a new contest next week and last night I explained the rules and team members. I have a 5 week program planned that include motivational ideas, nutrition ideas, a power point about sugar, and food journal. I also lost 3 1/4 lbs but still in leeway.

Do any of you get a newsletter from your leader (or send one out if you are the leader)? How about post cards or anything? I would like to start a newsletter and ideally send it through email attachment (no$$$) but some members don't have email. Thoughts??? I suppose I could email the newsletter to those that have it, but send it to those that don't.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:15 AM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWLoser View Post

Great job Susan!! You are doing great. That was a good weekly loss. I have been reading about the Elgin murders. That sounded pretty scary. The papers are making it sound like little Elgin is a drug mecca.
Yeah, not too much happens in this town so when it does it's really something :-) And my husband went to school with the killer. That gave me the creeps :-)
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Congradulations on your loss, Vicki.
Your contest sounds awesome. One of our past leaders put out a newsletter but that was like 5 years ago. It sounds like a good idea. Our group is almost all over 50 so I think there's only a couple that uses a computer :-)
Closed Thread