Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sherry7
Stats: 274/159/149
Wow, I forgot how low on protein that diet was. It's totally different from how I eat now.
sherry7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yo-Yo Dieter
Brochures

I too was on the plan in 1996 and lost 40lbs. Unfortunatley, I have found them plus more. I need the meltdown plan and brochures for the levels. Please respond if you have and can e-mail to me.
Thanks
Yo-Yo Dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Location: Born and raised a Hoosier but temporarily On the banks of the Mississippi right between Tom and Huck
Gallery: BetsyAnn
now that the plans are posted...which is AWESOME...

THANK YOU stolbac
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Location: Born and raised a Hoosier but temporarily On the banks of the Mississippi right between Tom and Huck
I have the meltdown and I will post it shortly so stand by!
I just got home from a weekend trip and need to tend to a few other things first!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7 View Post
Wow, I forgot how low on protein that diet was. It's totally different from how I eat now.
the drink and pudding supplements have anywhere from 12-15grams of protein each, so it isnt really low in protein at all! That and a combination of stable blood sugar is what keeps you full!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

~~ MELTDOWN ~~

your first FOUR days

Days 1 & 3

Breakfast
(may have this breakfast all 4 days of this level!)

1 FormU Fast food product
1/2 c skim milk
6oz low sodium V8, tomato juice or grapefruit juice
1/2 c Grapes, Strawberries or Peaches
Decaf/sugar-free/sodium-free beverage

PLUS ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

1c puffed wheat, or shredded wheat
1c puffed rice
1 rice cake
1 c puffed corn cereal, (kix....keep in mind, kix cereal now has more sugar in it than it did in the 80's when this plan came out!!!)
1 formu fast Oatmeal food product, (this is a cereal choice, not a food product choice)

Days 2 & $

Breakfast

1 Formu Fast food product
2 eggs, (poached, boiled scrambled or fried in non stick cooking spray)
2 strips thin sliced crisp bacon
1 slice high-fiber, low-calorie whole wheat bread or 1/2 whole wheat pita bread
1/2 c unsweetened grapefruit juice
1/4 canteloupe, 1/2 c pineapple, or 1 small apple, (unpeeled)
decaf/sugar-free/sodium-free beverage

Days 1-4

LUNCH

1 Formu-Fast food product
4oz seafood, poultry or veal
1/2 c low fat cottage cheese or 1/2 c skim milk
1 slice high fiber, low calorie whole wheat bread or 1/2 whole wheat pita bread
salad with low calorie dressing
unlimited vegetables (raw or cooked)

Days 1-4

DINNER

1 formu fast food product
6oz seafood, poultry, veal, lean beef or pork
1 med baked potato or 1/2 c cooked rice
1 slice high fiber, low-cal whole wheat bread or 1/2 whole wheat pita bread
salad with low calorie dressing
unlimited vegetables (raw or cooked)
1/2 c low fat cottage cheese or 1/2 c skim milk or 2 oz low fat cheese

SNACKS
you may use up to 4 of any flavor Formu Fast food products you wish
You may use FOUR TABLESPOONS DAILY:
half and half
low calorie sour cream
diet margarine
low cal mayonnaise

SPICES
ANY dry spices which DO NOT contain sugar

may use any oil free salad dressing which does not contain oil

**NOTES TO REMEMBER**
you do not need to eat all of the foods listed. Eat to feel satisfied, not over full. Do not add any foods to this level.

bread should be 40 calories or less per slice

dressing should be 16 calories or less per tablespoon
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now...does anyone remember.....

Was there a level one or was meltdown considered level one?
Level 2 that was posted here seems like it was what I went to after meltdown, but I lost 12 lbs during meltdown if I remember correctly, so they may have passed me on to a higher level. Nine of those 12lbs I lost in the first 2 days!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sherry7
Stats: 274/159/149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
the drink and pudding supplements have anywhere from 12-15grams of protein each, so it isnt really low in protein at all! That and a combination of stable blood sugar is what keeps you full!
I never bought the supplements (poor college student at the time), so I would have definitely been protein (and calorie) deprived. My center didn't have you substitute anything if you didn't buy the supplements, so I was practically starving myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Now...does anyone remember.....

Was there a level one or was meltdown considered level one?
Level 2 that was posted here seems like it was what I went to after meltdown, but I lost 12 lbs during meltdown if I remember correctly, so they may have passed me on to a higher level. Nine of those 12lbs I lost in the first 2 days!!!
I remember a level 1, and I think there was a level 3 as well.

Reading this post certainly brings back memories. Formu 3 was the very first diet I ever went on.
sherry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7 View Post
I never bought the supplements (poor college student at the time), so I would have definitely been protein (and calorie) deprived. My center didn't have you substitute anything if you didn't buy the supplements, so I was practically starving myself.

I remember a level 1, and I think there was a level 3 as well.

Reading this post certainly brings back memories. Formu 3 was the very first diet I ever went on.

eeek...ya poor thing! You must have been VERY determined!!! I bet you DID starve the whole time!

Yea, I think I just lost so much on meltdown that they skipped me right into level 2.
I wish I would have never stopped eating according to their plan. After I had lost the weight I wanted to use I was on a higher level, had plenty to eat, didnt use the food supplements and maintained so easily. We had a major move with dh's work and that is when I derailed.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goheels
WOE: Low carb woe
Start Date: January 2008
I did Formu3 for a while also. I still have the booklets. I lost some weight also, 20 pounds before I lost interest.
goheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goheels View Post
I did Formu3 for a while also. I still have the booklets. I lost some weight also, 20 pounds before I lost interest.
do you happen to have level 1 that you would be willing to share?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yo-Yo Dieter
Thank you BestyAnn
Yo-Yo Dieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo Dieter View Post
Thank you BestyAnn
Sure!! Anytime!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bump
for goheels!

Last edited by BetsyAnn; 05-20-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Old 05-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: busybee465
formu3

I have the levels for formu3 weightloss. I lost many pounds on this diet back in the early 90's. I need to know how long you stay with each level. If anyone can help me with this I would be eternaly grateful. Since then I have gained it all back, plus. My health requires I lose weight and I found this to be the most successful diet I was ever on. I would really like to use this diet again.
busybee465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busybee465 View Post
I have the levels for formu3 weightloss. I lost many pounds on this diet back in the early 90's. I need to know how long you stay with each level. If anyone can help me with this I would be eternaly grateful. Since then I have gained it all back, plus. My health requires I lose weight and I found this to be the most successful diet I was ever on. I would really like to use this diet again.
they took me from meltdown to level 2 (I think...that was a lot of years ago)...I was on 2 for a very short time....not more than 2 weeks then they bumped me up to 3 til I lost my weight...I didnt have nearly as much to lose then as I do now. I only wanted to lose 35-40 and I lost 30 in my first month!!! It literally FELL off me! No saggy skin either! It was the best plan I have ever done and it is a plan that you CAN do for life! I was young, stupid and had a life change and without really thinking, I got off it!
I am sure the amount of time you spend on each level varies with how much you have to lose. There is another plan online which is very similar and uses the same supplements, shakes, etc... and they have you stay on thier level one for 16 weeks. I dont remember level one from Formyou 3 so I dont know for sure how they compare but I am willing to help you figure it out!

Do you have a copy of level one that you would be willing to share? I have lost all my copies during moves. I have been working on piecing them back together but I cant find level one!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Level 1 ?

I have level 1 from New/U. It is just like the others from Formu-3.
LEVEL-1
BREAKFAST
1 Protein Drin or Bar
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Fruit
PLUS-CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cerial
OR 1/2 Bagel
OR 1/2 English Muffin
PLUS
Decaffeinated/Sugar-Free/Sodium-Free Beverages

LUNCH
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING;
1 Protein Drink or Bar'
1 oz. Low Calorie Cheese or 1/2 Cup Low-fat Cottage Cheese
1 Cup Lettuce
1 Cup Raw Vegetables
1 Slice of 40 Calorie Bread or Pita Bread
OR
2 oz Poultry, Seafood,
Beef or Pork**
1 Cup lettuce
1 Cup Raw Vegetables
1 Slice of 40 Calorie Bread or Pita Bread
PLUS

DINNER
4 OZ. Poultry, Seafood
1 Cup Lettuce
1 Cup Raw Vegetables OR 1/2 Cup Cooked Vegetables

**Beef or Pork only once during six days

SNACKS
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING;
1 Protein drink
1 Protein Bar
1 Fruit

FRUIT CHOICE
1/2 Grapefruit, 1/2 Small Banana, 1/4 Cantalope, 1-1/2 Cup Strawberries,
3/4 Cup Blueberries, 1/2 Cup Blackberries, 1/2 Cup Cranberries, 1/2 Cup Raspberries, 1/2 Cup Pineapple, 1 Small Peach, 1 Small Apple(unpeeled),
3/4 Cup Watermelon, 6 oz. Low-Sodium V-8 juice.

VEGETABLES
Alfalfa Sprouts,Asparagus,
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Chinese Cabbage, Collard Greens, Cucumbers, Endive, Escarole, Gren Beans, Green Peppers, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Rutabaga, Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Wax Beans.

EXTRAS (optional)
Artificial Sweetener, Dry Spices, 2 Tablespoons Miller's Bran, Fresh or Dry Herbs, Liquid Flavor Extracts, Mrs.Dash, Pepper, One Lemon or Lime, Garlic, Mustsard, Vinegar, Butter Buds or Molly McButter, Non-Stick Cooking Spray, Brown Sugar Twin.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Hey everyone, I found the elusive LEVEL 1 for Nutra systems

DAY 1
BREAKFAST
1 NUTRA*FAST supplement
1 cup Puffed Wheat, Puffed Rice, Puffed Corn Cereal or NUTRA*FAST Oatmeal
1/2 cup skim milk
6 oz. Low Sodium V-8, Tomato Juice or 1/2 Grapefruit]
Decaffeinated/Sugar-Free Beverage

LUNCH
1 NUTRA*FAST supplement
6 oz Low Sodium v-8, Tomato Juice or 1/2 Grapefruit

SNACK
1 NUTRA*FAST Supplement
Vegetables

DINNER
1 NUTRA*FAST Supplement
4 oz Seafood, Poultry or Veal
Salad and Vegetables

DAY 2 - 6
BREAKFAST
1 NUTRA*FAST Supplement
1 cup Puffed Wheat, Rice, Puffed Corn Cereal or NUTRA*FAST Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Skim Milk
6 oz, Low Sodium V-8, Tomato Juice or 1/2 Grapefruit

OR
1 NUTRA*FAST Supplement
1 slice High Fiber Bread
1/2 Cup Egg Beaters or @ Eggs
(No more than 6 per Week)
3 oz. Turkey Ham or 2 strips Thin Bacon
6 oz Low Sodium V-8, Tomato Juice or 1/2 Grapefruit

LUNCH
4 oz Seafood, Poultry, or Veal
Salad and Vegetables
Decaffeinated/ Sugar-Free Beverage

SNACK
1 NUTRA*FAST Supplement
Vegetables

DINNER
4 oz Seafood, Poultry or Veal
Salad and
Vegetables
Decaffeinated/Sugar-Free Beverages

NUTRA*FAST supplements
(total of 4 per Day)
Up to 4 Daily
Lemonade, Orange, Fruit Punch, Pineapple, Cherry Gelatin, Lime Gelatin, Strawberry-Banana Gelatin, Raspberry Gelatin, Chicken Soup, Beef Soup, Tomato Soup.
One Daily
Hot Cocoa, Creamy Orange, Chocolate Pudding, Vanilla Pudding, Strawberry Pudding, Peach Yogurt, Raspberry Yogurt, Oatmeal

VEGETABLES (Unlimited Daily)
Artichokes, Asparagus, Bamboo Shoots, Bean Sprouts, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Chinese Cabbage, Collard Greens, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Endive, Escarole, Green Beans, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Peppers, pimento, Pumpkin, Radishes, Parsley, rhubarb, Rutabaga, Sauerkraut Thoroughly Rinsed), Snow Pea Pods, Spinach, Squash, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips, Water Chestnuts, Wax Beans, Watercress.

EXTRAS (OPTIONAL)
2 Tablespoons Miller Bran, 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch, 1/2 Tablespoon Corn, Olive, or Safflower Oil, Juice of 1 Lemon or Lime, Dry Spices, Fresh or Dried Herbs, Worchestershire Sauce, Low-Sodium Soy Sauce, Liquid Flavor Extracts, Unflavored Gelatin, light Salt/Pepper, Garlic, Mustard, Vinegar, Teriyaki Sauce, Butter Buds, Pam

MIX OR MATCH UP TO 4 TABLESPOONS, Daily total (Optional)
Whipped Topping with Artificial Sweetener, Coffee Mate, Dream Whip, Cool whip, Unflavored lowfat Yogurt, Low Calorie Salad Dressings, Low Fat Sour Cream(Lean Cream), Half & Half, Diet Margarine
Old 06-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goheels
WOE: Low carb woe
Start Date: January 2008
Sorry Betsy Ann. just saw your post, hope you got your answer. if not, I'll try to find those for you.
goheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got it!!! Thanks! I have hunted everywhere for these, I appreciate it so much!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mcjc005
Hello everyone..I googled Nutra-bolic and it led me to this site...I am currently using the diet plan and I'm not sure what level it goes to...My mother did this program in the 90's, but she only did it to level 3...I have the melt down, level 1, 2, and 3...I do believe there is a level 4 but not sure about a 5...can anyone help me out? I was also wondering if anyone knows how long you stay on the levels until you move to the next one? It would be greatly appreciated. If anyone needs the diet plans, I have no problem in sharing them..just let me know. BTW I started this May 5th and have went down two pant sizes!!! 23 pounds..This really does work....
mcjc005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

are you sure this is correct? Four different choices for the carbs, and one for the meat? Shouldn't it be reversed?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pink512
Nutrabolic Diet

MCJC-
Would you mind sharing the nutrabolic info with me? I tried to find your email to email you directly, but couldn't locate it. I would appreciate it. I was on it many years ago with my mom and had great success with it but my mother can't locate her copies. I would appreciate your help please.
I remember the first day all you did was drink and then day 2 you started with 2 eggs, 2 bacon and either v-8 juice or grapefruit...but that's all I can remember. I know it was very restricted but I think that's what made it work for me.

Many thanks!

Christy
pink512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NutraTracy
FormU-3 Time Frames for the Levels

I worked at FormU-3 in Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan during 1987-1991 after losing weight on the program. I kept my weight off until I had my children in the mid-90's.
I loved seeing the Level's that all of you kept-that is so cool. This was a great program and I really believed in it. The best part of it was the twice weekly weigh-in's and the counselors that really cared.
I remember the time limits of the levels fairly well:
Melt-Down was 4 days (longer if you had more than 100lbs to lose then you stayed on it until you stopped losing).
Level 1 was the most restrictive and was 1 week.
Level 2-this one is harder to remember but I think it was 4 weeks
Level 3-was until goal weight (or plateau)
We would start people back to Meltdown and Level 1, 2, ect. if they hit a really bad plateau (after Level 3).
Level 4 was maintenance
Please don't hold me to these exactly but I am fairly confident that these were the time frames.
Lastly-I LOVED the brownies with the chocolate pudding supplements-if anyone has the recipe please post it-it was the best!
NutraTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks Tracy!! That was a HUGE help!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #56
Junior LCF Member

Hi Christy:

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I don't visit this board often. I have the meltdown, level 1, 2, and 3, all which are provided on this discussion board. They all match exactly what I have, so you can just print out the pages from here. Level 4 is the only one I am skeptic about because I don't have that one.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #57
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink512 View Post
MCJC-
Would you mind sharing the nutrabolic info with me? I tried to find your email to email you directly, but couldn't locate it. I would appreciate it. I was on it many years ago with my mom and had great success with it but my mother can't locate her copies. I would appreciate your help please.
I remember the first day all you did was drink and then day 2 you started with 2 eggs, 2 bacon and either v-8 juice or grapefruit...but that's all I can remember. I know it was very restricted but I think that's what made it work for me.

Many thanks!

Christy
Hi Christy:

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I don't visit this board often. I have the meltdown, level 1, 2, and 3, all which are provided on this discussion board. They all match exactly what I have, so you can just print out the pages from here. Level 4 is the only one I am skeptic about because I don't have that one.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Just a few encouraging words for all of you who are starting or currently following the nurti.bolic plans...Keep up the good work and follow through, the end results are very rewarding! As I stated previously, the beginning of May I began the plan. It is now towards the end of September, and I have lossed 68 pounds!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bagodonuts
thanks for this info. I still have several of my booklets, but was unsure of the time frames for some. I started Nutra-bolic in June '88, by Christmas had lost about 65 lbs. I stuck with the program pretty much, & kept the weight off until about 2000 when everything in my life, including eating habits & caring about myself went down the tubes. Now, after (re)gaining about 75 lbs., I'm ready to try again. I thought the program was wonderful, but, I will say, I thought Nutra-bolic was much better than the Formu-3, even though there wasn't that much change.
Bagodonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pink512
These levels are very different from the Nutra Bolic Diet levels my mom did.
They had day 1 which was nothing but drinking, followed by a week or so of nothing but
breakfast was like 2 eggs, 2 bacon and either v-8 juice or grapefruit
lunch was like 6 oz of chicken or fish and lettuce and the same for dinner. Does anyone have those levels? That would be a huge help!!! Thanks!
pink512 is offline   Reply With Quote