Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 06:51 AM   #1
An oldie but a goodie!!

Gallery: flowerpower
Stats: 192/167/152
WOE: Lean Lowcarb
Start Date: January 1995
Lean For Life - LCF Success Stories

Hi everyone!

We have had many success stories from Lowcarbfriends.com members using the Lean For Life program.

Read through them - then join us!

This is a wonderful weight loss and maintenance for life plan!
flowerpower is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi,

This is a great idea..flower..thanks..

I'm not quite at goal yet...but thanks to LFL I am going down..

I had been on Atkins since January 01 and went from 195 to
140..October 03. I had been stalled there..doing Atkins very
legally..but nothing..Then in March I started LFL and started
losing weight again..I couldn't believe it. I really think it was
the FAT I was eating on Atkins that was slowing my loss..

So far I am down 7-8 pounds..(my last ten) and hope to be
at 130 by Mother's Day..I am on my second round of WL..

What I like is that it is a great program...and if you stick to the
plan, you will lose weight...
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 05:53 AM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Christy Jo
Stats: 150/117/130 (Avatar pic is 125 lbs) size 4.
WOE: Lean For Life/Atkins 72
Start Date: Nov/3/2003
I stated Atkins in early Nov 03 at 150, lost 5 lbs the first mo. (slow loser). From then on it was 1-3 lbs a month, or not at all.

I started LFL about a month ago, Thanks to CarolynF and Carol, Thank you ladies!! I'm down 5.5 since then.

I just went back to day 1 on ****** and and totals are...

22 total lbs lost and 26.25"
Am wearing size 6-8 (mostly 8)

I weigh 128 right now, but am going for 115 eventually.

Ugh!! did I say that? 13 more lbs..whaaaaaa

I haven't weighed 115 since middle school, this could be unrealistic, we'll see. Maybe I'll settle for 120

50 yrs young
5' 1" (almost)

HAVE YOU PERFORMED A RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS TODAY?

(Weight loss pics in gallery link)
Christy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:08 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: French
Stats: 198/178/150 (5'4")
WOE: Calorie Counting
Start Date: 9/3/2008
I have been on and off Atkins more times than I can count, with the same results. I would lose 8 - 10 pounds, then stall. Then binge. Atkins is great program, but I need structure. Without structure I was overeating.

Pendry posted on the main board about Lean for Life and her success with it, so I ventured over to this board to learn more. I liked what I saw, so went out and bought the book.

I did a round (with cheats) and lost 12 pounds. I was excited. This is the only program I had tried that was working for me. And I liked that it was a lower carb program, but that I could still eat fruit.

Unfortunately, I gained those pounds back. And thus it went. Do a round, gain the weight back. Do a round, gain the weight back.

I finally got serious in September 2003. We had gone to the beach in August, and it was a terrible time for me. I had gotten so heavy I couldn't walk without some type of material between my thighs. And I think we all know that women's bathings suits do NOT have this feature. I couldn't stand to be on the beach more than an hour or two at most. We would get down to the beach, I would stand in front of my chair, drop my shorts, and plop into the chair. And not move again until it was time to leave. I couldn't even walk comfortably down to the water.

In September a girlfriend called me up to tell me her and her husband had booked a cruise, and the price was right. I got caught up in the excitement of a vacation, and called DH to see if we could go, too. He said book it, so I did. The cruise was scheduled for November 20th.

Then the memory of August at the beach hit me like a ton of bricks. So I had a long talk with myself and decided I was NOT going on this cruise feeling like that. And started yet another round of LFL.

This time was different. When I wanted to cheat, I reminded myself of why I was doing this. I stayed strong and true to the plan and lost 15 pounds. I started another round and the day I left for my cruise I weighed in at 157.5. My goal had been 160. I managed to lose a total of 26 pounds!!

While on the cruise I had every intention of staying on plan, but that didn't happen. I did gain back 7 or 8 pounds. When we came back it was Thanksgiving so I was off plan for the rest of the week. But the Monday after Thanksgiving I buckled down and got back on plan, losing down to 150.

I still have 20 more pounds to go, and I'm maintaining at about 152 - 154 right now. I have NO doubt LFL will take me where I want to go with my weight loss. I can't tell you why I decided to go off plan, but for me, I think it's been o.k. I'm getting my determination back again. June is right around the corner and I know if I start a round right now, I'll lose between 10 - 15 pounds, putting me within arm's reach of my life time goal.

This program works, and it's the only thing that worked for me. It gave me the structure I needed, with the style of eating I prefer. I even figured out ways to eat out and make the program work for me. When going out for a special dinner, I allow myself the freedom of eating low carb. In other words, stuffed rockfish becomes "legal" for the night. And this gives me something to look forward to without blowing it. I've never gained weight after going out for dinner if I stuck with low carb, even if it's been high fat, low carb. The combination of a super charged metabolism from the frequent small meals, and sticking with low carb works.

I experimented with some other programs after losing some my weight with LFL. And still haven't found anything that works better.

My investment? $18.95. Unbelievable!!
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathleenB
Stats: 228/179/160
WOE: Lean For Life
Start Date: December 1,2003
Hi Everyone!

I have lost 44 lbs since December first on LFL.

I signed up for the clinic program and lost 24 lbs. in seven weeks.
I then signed up for the online version and lost another 11 lbs. Since the end of the online program I have continued to follow the plan, not as closely, but enough to lose another eight lbs.

This is the first time I have been on a formal weight loss plan and this one really works for me... and ... it makes sense to me.

I want to lose another 15-20 lbs. by July 4th and I am confident that I can do it.

KathyB
KathleenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:07 AM   #6
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Christy Jo
Stats: 150/117/130 (Avatar pic is 125 lbs) size 4.
WOE: Lean For Life/Atkins 72
Start Date: Nov/3/2003
Well!!!! Aren't YOU the bees knees????

Congrats!! VERY well done!

I'm so glad LFL is working for you. 44lbs is a lot of fat to leave behind you. Just think, that's 11, 4 pound bags of sugar.
My Goodness!!!
Christy Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JaneFreund
Stats: 269/184/140
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: December 1, 2003
I've been on LFL since December 1, 2003 and have lost 66 pounds. I'm just finishing up my third Metabolic Adjustment phase and will be starting another Weight Loss phase on Monday. I expect to go through at least another four Weight Loss and Metabolic Adjustment phases before I reach my goal of 129 pounds lost.

So far, I have about a dozen friends who have joined the program as well (most of whom have started within the last week or will be starting next week). As the change in me becomes more evident, more people become curious about LFL and what's involved. I'll continue to sing LFL's praises for the rest of my lean life!
JaneFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:53 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: going_down
WOE: Counting Calories
Start Date: May 8, 2010
One Year Reflections

As I look back over this past year and 124 pounds ago, I think about how blessed I am. I have made many changes in my life. I tried making many changes at once and always ended up with less than desirable results. I have learned that small steps will equal to big accomplishments. I used to say that I was happy and content with myself when I was heavier. It was another one of the tools I used to keep from trying to lose weight. I knew how much hard work you have to put into the effort.

I may have been happy and free from the common problems from being overweight, but I knew in my heart that being overweight was not what I wanted for myself. My decision to go back to Lean for Life after trying other ways to lose and maintain my weight has been the best thing I could have done for myself physically. No more being tired just walking to my car. No more hip and knee pains. And that’s with only being 65% done. Imagine how I will feel when I am 100% to my goal and maintaining. Although I feel I believe maintaining will be my true test in life, I am now 69 pounds away from my established weight goal. I will evaluate when I get closer. I may stop before or I may keep going.

This year has been a true learning experience for me. I have had my share of struggles. My share of setbacks. I have tried to turn each into a lessoned learned. As something I reflect back on and say I don't want to go through that again. Someone told me after an especially bad night of bingeing that “this is the moment that separates the successful from the unsuccessful. Can you get back on? Can you, after making a mistake, get back on track? That's the whole ball of wax as far as I'm concerned. We can't be perfect for the rest of our lives, so when we slip up, can we get back on track?” I took that message and locked it away for safe keeping. I was able to get back on track and I felt 100% stronger from the experience. Losing weight is not an easy thing. It takes a lifetime commitment to healthy eating and exercise. We have to remember during the times of falls/stalls that this is a lifestyle change and we should not give up.

The encouragement I have received from the people here on LCF has been a tremendous help to me. The support and accountability I have found here is priceless. I feel like I have made many new friends and one day I hope to meet some – all – or as many as I can.

Praying, persisting, and persevering my way to goal

"Enough is enough. You have been battling getting fit and/or losing weight for far too long and you deserve to reach your goals and STAY THERE. It is time (RIGHT NOW) to burn the bridge behind you, become the new high-energy and healthy version of you that you know lies within you and then NEVER LOOK BACK!" - Jonnathan of the "NEWO".

Going_down's More than Weight Loss Journal
going_down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:24 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Verleen
Stats: 195/135/135
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: November 2004
Claritta, as usual,you are an inspiration to us all. You have such a great outlook and offer down-to-earth words of wisdom. I wish you success, no matter what your final goal is, and I'm sure you will success in whatever that is.
Verleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pink00
pink00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzbryce
Stats: 190/170/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Aug 2006
HELLO Im very interested in this LFL is there a book to read I will keep looking for information. I have lost 30 pounds on atkins but have stalled several times as well looking for a alternative. I have 20 more to go hope to hear anything about this. mizzbryce
mizzbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: French
Stats: 198/178/150 (5'4")
WOE: Calorie Counting
Start Date: 9/3/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbryce View Post
HELLO Im very interested in this LFL is there a book to read I will keep looking for information. I have lost 30 pounds on atkins but have stalled several times as well looking for a alternative. I have 20 more to go hope to hear anything about this. mizzbryce
You have a PM
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Star123
Stats: 208/190/128 @ 5`5"
WOE: moderate LC living
Start Date: Restart 08/2014
Quote:
Hi, I have tried other diet plans in the past with no lasting success and I'm a bit confused about what plan to go on. These successful stories are inspiring and spuring my interest in this LFL program. There is a bookstore at the mall that carries the book and you can get the booklet to go with it too. Who knows, maybe this plan is for me???

God Bless,
Star123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heathershubby
Stats: 488 lbs/430 lbs/200lbs
WOE: educating myself on Low Carb
OK Can you guy give a general idea of what LFL is ?

Hi I have not read the book and was just wondering if someone could kind of summerize generally what the program is about?

LIke is it low carb, high protein , calorie control ect ect thanks.
heathershubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vibeke
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/le...nut-shell.html
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathershubby View Post
Hi I have not read the book and was just wondering if someone could kind of summarize generally what the program is about?

LIke is it low carb, high protein , calorie control ect ect thanks.
the LFL in a nutshell will give you some good ideas, but to truly understand the program you need to read the book..
I started the program without it.. and did it for the first 2-3 weeks just by winging it.. and did ok.. but I got much more confidence in it, after reading the book.

I have done WW, before and Atkins.. and WW and lost on both programs.. but than I got bored.. and started to slip back into my old habits.
WW gave me to many options. .and it was to easy NOT TO COUNT!
Atkins was to restrictive... and I got tired of protein... and it was to high in fat and cals for us...

So... this program seem, for me, the ideal plan.

Good luck to you.. no matter what program you choose, you have to commit to it.. and it has to work for you and your life style

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: angelagracy
The easy tips to be followed for the weight loss!

Losing weight is something that the whole world wants to be in on. They do not want to get overweight, and they think that is what they are suppose to look like when they go through magazines.
angelagracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hatchetfat
LFL is working wonders for me

Hey there

I am going to Lindora and it has been awesome. I have lost 13 pounds in a littler over two and a half weeks. I did hit a plateau and I did the three day intense plateau diet which works amazingly. In the three days of the plateau diet, I lost 2 pounds. I am back to losing fast and being extremely strict about my diet and exercise. If you want to lose faster and you are eating the Lindora products, stay away from the bars and do the puddings and soups. The puddings are delish!!!! The bars have a lot of carbs so if you are really craving a candy bar, I would eat one but aybe limit them to once a week. I am in the gym 4x a week doing spin class, boot camps and mixed weights. This was the best thing ever!!
hatchetfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lesamarie
Stats: 240/240/170
WOE: lindora/LFL
Start Date: Dec. 3, 2010
My third day of protein phase and hope I can keep this up. This is so hard, eating bad is so easy. I'm trying to stay inspired. I'll keep readying these success stories and being on this forum for encouragement.
lesamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kappster
Stats: 222 / 198 / 185
WOE: Atkins Diet
Start Date: Mid-Jan. 2011
Lean for Life -vs- Adkin Diet

Hello,

I am a new member here and have read a little about LFL.

Can someone fill me in on the difference between LFL -vs- Atkins ?

I have lost 24-lbs. on Atkins since Jan. 2011, including fast walking 4-5 miles per day / 6-days per week.

With 12-15 lbs to go as my goal to 185 lbs.

Looking for a way to keep it off for life......

Thanks,
Jim.

Last edited by Kappster; 04-05-2011 at 07:19 PM..
Kappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MiniMeee
Stats: 210/162/145 (5'6")
WOE: Lindora Lean for Life
Start Date: September 2010
Kappster....Lean for Life is the Lindora program which is basically low carb (50 carbs on the weight loss phase), low fat, low sugar, high protein, portion control, food logging, with moderate exercise. It's not a diet, it is a way of life. It is a whole body system (mental and physical). And IT WORKS!! I am living proof. I truly believe that it is the secret to weight control for life.
MiniMeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onmywaytogoal
I have been on the Lindora programme since August last year and have lost 56 lbs - I am 17 pounds from goal weight. It is certainly a brilliant programme but it requires complete dedication and focus - from taking your daily nutritional supplements, to drinking your fluids, planning your meals and measuring out your foods, to completing your exercise programme and writing in your daily action plan, i.e. putting yourself number 1 on that list of priorities. Surround yourself with a support system who are behind you all the way, regularly read your Lindora "bible" and treat yourself kindly and be honest and you will get there - for the last time, as you will have all the tools in front of you to be Lean For Life. Good luck.
onmywaytogoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: diferent2aT
Stats: 315/273/160?
WOE: LFL Modified Adkins
Start Date: April 2012
Quote:
Amazon isan easy way to go. I got book one for $6.00
And book too for $13.00
Haven't found the workbook yet.
diferent2aT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yvonne
Start Date: 4/18/2012
Newbeee Here!

I just started LFL April 18th 2012. Did the 3 day thingy, now on 3 day proteins only. Today on 2nd day of protein. Previously been on atkins with some products left over. I really hate to throw them away, can I use these products while on LFL? I have the vanilla smoothie drinks at 1 net carb per smoothie, total fat 9 grams. Must lose 60 lbs asap due to health.
Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: derago1
Did you have to go into ketosis first before it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMeee View Post
Kappster....Lean for Life is the Lindora program which is basically low carb (50 carbs on the weight loss phase), low fat, low sugar, high protein, portion control, food logging, with moderate exercise. It's not a diet, it is a way of life. It is a whole body system (mental and physical). And IT WORKS!! I am living proof. I truly believe that it is the secret to weight control for life.
Did you go into ketosis before it started to work?
derago1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shmootz
Stats: 197.5/167/130
WOE: Lean for Life
Start Date: February 2009
Hi!

Starting Lindora for a round tomorrow. Once ketosis kicks in, things really start to happen.
shmootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigguy23
WOE: LFL
Start Date: July 21st 2013
Did lindora back in 1994. Lost 100 pounds on it in two go arounds. I was able to keep most of it off for almost 15 years but I have recently put on a decent amount. Need to drop 50 lbs. I have decided to get back on it starting today. When I did it in 1994, I was a kid and had tons of time on my hands (not to mention I lived a mile away from the clinic) so I went in daily. Now, I am doing the plan from home, using the products, eating plan, keto sticks and tracking my food on an online tracking program. My goal is to lose 40-50 pounds in the 10 weeks. I workout daily, sometimes twice a day, but my eating has really gotten out of control. Hoping to gain/give support through this board. Thanks in advance!
bigguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cnelson316
wow so much inspiring info and stories. thanks for sharing.
cnelson316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cagnetta
90 day challenge

Hi all,
I am new at LFL. My friend and I am starting a 90 day change and I am wondering if anyone out there would like to join us? We will start tomorrow, oct 15 and end on the the 14th of jan.
Who is in?
Cagnetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: springalong
Stats: 205/180/130
WOE: LFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagnetta View Post
Hi all,
I am new at LFL. My friend and I am starting a 90 day change and I am wondering if anyone out there would like to join us? We will start tomorrow, oct 15 and end on the the 14th of jan.
Who is in?
aboard all newbies!!!! There is a thread just below here you can just jump right in. Its called Lean For Life. Apro name.
springalong is offline   Reply With Quote