Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ICTHRWU
Sadkhin Complex

Has anyone heard of this diet? I am at a major stall, and need a BOOST!.
ICTHRWU is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2003, 02:51 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

I read about it in the First magazine, I guess it's a fruit/veggie & whole milk diet, apparently they state that you can lose up to 10% of your body weight in 10 days!!!!!!! Im thinkin' of trying it, but I wanted some feedback on it.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:32 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 265/260/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-induction March 8, 2004
sadkhin complex

I too read the article in First magazine. It sounded pretty interesting so I logged onto their site for more info. What I found was that the diet, which is fruit for two and milk for two, also uses accupuncture techniques. I also didn't find what was allowable on the other 3 days of the week. It didn't really specify if ALL you can have on the fruit and milk days are just that...fruit and milk so I'm guessing that is, in fact, all you can have. On the site, they reccommend no supplements for the first ten days and once you are on the plan, not sure for how long, you aren't supposed to just stop it all at once. You may want to read more from the site. Maybe you'll run across something I didn't find. I don't know about you guys but changing your way of eating is hard enough but the thought of only milk for two days sounds like torture!
celticsoutherngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I went ahead and started the plan. It is kinda difficult at first but so was starting Atkins'. I went though my usual withdrawls. I started the plan on Monday 9/22 and have lost 6 pounds so far.

The plan consists of eating 2 days of fruits and veggies, but you are limited on how much, Dr. Sadkhin states that 1 1/2 pounds is what you should eat, but I eat a little more, more like 2 1/2 pounds. I contacted them about it and they said that should be fine, but you really should stick to 1 1/2 pounds. The good thing is that you can have FRUIT . You can consume all fruits or mix it up, like 2 kinds of fruit and 1 veggie, or 2 veggies and 1 fruit, but it should total 3 different kinds between the two.

After two days of fruit/veggies, then you are only allowed to drink Vitamin D milk for 2 days. It sounds terrible and difficult, but honestly, after the 2 days of fruit/veggies, my cravings were gone and by the third day I wasn't hungry and when I was I would take a drink of my milk. The plan is a 10 day plan of 2 days fruit/veggie, 2 days milk, 2 days fruit/veggie, 2 days milk, 2 days fruit/veggie. No caffeinated drinks, all the water you want, no oils, dressings or condiments and you can only eat between 11am-6pm.

So we shall see, I think I got over my hump, and received my WHOOSH that I have been looking for. After my 10 days is up I will slowly incorporate my "normal" low carb eating habits.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:15 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: BeyondClueless
I did Sadkin years ago

the key to his program or so he says is the accupuncture balls he puts behind your ears. you have to rub them every 2 hours 20 times and the pressure is supposed to alleviate hunger (not true).
After 10 days you go back and the balls are moved to another spot behind your ear. When u see him in person he recommends cabbage and apples on ur fruit and veggie day. If you cant tolerate the milk u can have 2 cups of full fat yogurt for the day.
I lost weight but I was constantly light headed. I did it for 20 days and lost 20 lbs. I worked with people who would go to him for a month drop a good amount of weight and then maintain for a month or so and then go back again. I only know of 2 people who kept the weight off for good.
You are not allowed to exercise on his program and he will tell u that because you are not consuming enough calories.
Hope this helps everyone!!
BeyondClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Location: Chester, South Carolina 14 years in the "country". (love it)
Gallery: JLDeSantis
What good is milk without a peanut butter sandwich to go with it?????
JLDeSantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: squeakie
Stats: 126/112/110 (5'1")
WOE: low carb
Start Date: on and off since 2000. latest restart june 19 2011
wow that sounds like an awful diet. I like to work out, I love meats, don't care for most fruit and HATE milk. Don't think I'll try that one

Last edited by squeakie; 09-25-2003 at 03:46 PM..
squeakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lovelymc72
WOE: low carb
just wanted an update as to who is on this diet. My friends friend did it and lost a good amount, dont know if iam convienced about these balls behind the balls. i think just eating apples and cabbage you would lose anyway, but who can on like this forever.
lovelymc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: khali
WOE: Sadhkin diet
I've used this diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTHRWU View Post
Has anyone heard of this diet? I am at a major stall, and need a BOOST!.
Hi,
I've heard of this diet it is called the Sadhkin Complex Diet and it works. You will lose 10% of you body wait in the first 10 days. I have used this diet many time. The only thing is that you have to have will power and want to loss the weight. If you stick to the program you will lost all the weight. It's consist of 2 days fruits and vegetable and 2 days milk. You do not feel hungry.

khali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: greeneydgirl
Sadkhin

I'm considering the Sadkhin Complex diet. With the fruits/veggies, you get three servings each day, do they have to be fresh or can they be frozen? Second, how much milk are you allowed and are those days ONLY milk and nothing else? Last, when they put the spheres behind your ears, how long do they stay there before they're removed.

Thanks for any input. I've done Weight Watchers and did well, but I'm going on vacation and want to kick start my diet and once I've lost 10%, I will go back to Weight Watchers.
greeneydgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #11

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
I love milk! But this just sounds like a binge waiting to happen for me. I could not sustain it.

A good stall breaker for me is protein shakes and very low carb meal ( just one).

Wishing you luck

eta..how many days would you do this? Wouldn't you lose muscle? I am not sure the protein in the milk would suffice?

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 12-02-2009 at 11:09 AM..
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #12

Gallery: Ilpirata
I'd rather do Stillmans. And on Stillmans QWL you'll lose about a pound a day for up to ten days. Just saying. That two days of milk sounds awful!
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
I didn't know this foolishness was anywhere other than in NY.

I've been on almost every diet and this by far was one of the worst.

I like cooked cabbage but you have to eat it raw in this diet. The only way I can eat raw cabbage is in a salad or coleslaw

The milk was intolerable for me and the acupressure balls behind my ears that you had to rotate several times a day at specific times was painful after a couple of days and just crazy.

I felt like a fool after a few days for even trying this silly diet. Every one I know that did it has regained that weight and more.

Please let this thread die again like it did in 2003.

It's really terrible being overweight and desperate to lose it sets you up for every quack trying to make a quick buck off of desperate people like myself.
msdee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Lar
Hey, I've been on for about 18 days and have lost about 30 lbs so far. The first week was torture. I wasn't hungry, but just missed eating what I usually eat. Of course, eating what I usually eat is what got me in trouble in the first place.

I've lost weight and I'm not hungry. It's gotten easier with time. You can jazz up the milk & vegetables with spices and vanilla extract. Believe me when I tell you that I haven't had a glass of milk since I was about 4 yrs old and the thought of drinking it now makes me gag, but when you hook it up w/vanilla extract, some cinnamon and a bit of non-fat french vanilla creamer (it's allowed), it tastes pretty good. As for the cabbage, I hook it up w/some fresh squeezed lemon juice, honey, cayenne pepper, julienne carrots and granny smith apples... Dude, it's so good I'd order it in a restaurant.

It's not easy, but it gives results and I'm not hungry. Frankly, the hardest part is you can't eat after 6:00.
Big Lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lancer1977
Stats: 297/More healthy/Very healthy
WOE: Atkins 72ish
Start Date: 9/23/2011
A diet where you drink lots of milk and rub yourself with balls? Seriously? I'll stick with some more established weight loss methods thanks. Avoid hype. Stick to eatting plans that have a history of success. Lest you end up busting out a truck load of grapefruits.
lancer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mayberryfan
Stats: 22/14/10 or 8 if I can!
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 6, 2007
And another thing to remember..."First for Women" is published by the SAME folks who publish Woman's World which launched *******. Fact checking isn't their strong suit.

Just sayin'.......
Mayberryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: harleychic
Stats: 174 (hw) 160/150/135 5'4
WOE: Atkins 72, clean eating no frankenfoods
Start Date: 5/3/08, re-start after baby #3 born on 3/22/11
I agree, how silly of a 'diet'. It sounds very unhealthy. Just because you are losing weight doesn't mean its healthy and good for you.
harleychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 9lives
Stats: 242/155/130 (5'6")
WOE: Very low carb
Start Date: March 15, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleychic View Post
I agree, how silly of a 'diet'. It sounds very unhealthy. Just because you are losing weight doesn't mean its healthy and good for you.
And what is all the sugar from the milk and fruit going to do for your health?
They are both basically nothing but sugar!!
9lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Whoa....
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #20

Gallery: fawn
This thread is from 2003 folks.....

but, at the end of the day, it's just another fad diet and you all know that blood sugar control is the key to healthy weight loss.
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Seeing that this post was originally from 2003 just proves that fad diets never Die. They may have a different name but they just keep coming back.

Doesn't Dr. Atkins suggest in DANDR that you try and all fruit diet for a few days to break a stall?
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: justalittleshy
Stats: 312/190/140
WOE: Combo of all low carb diets
Start Date: January 2002
What is Stillmans
justalittleshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by justalittleshy View Post
What is Stillmans
Go to the other plans section of this forum there is a whole section there devoted to the stillmans plans.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lancer1977
Stats: 297/More healthy/Very healthy
WOE: Atkins 72ish
Start Date: 9/23/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post
Seeing that this post was originally from 2003 just proves that fad diets never Die. They may have a different name but they just keep coming back.

Doesn't Dr. Atkins suggest in DANDR that you try and all fruit diet for a few days to break a stall?
I think its because the snake oil salesmens coffers run thin and do their best to revive their "alternative weight loss methods". Good for a laugh tho.
lancer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: msdee54
Stats: 264/215/160
WOE: Atkins/HHCG
Start Date: July 7, 2009
This place is still in business they sent me a card asking me to come back.

Yeah, right!!
msdee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
omg you guys! lol ya know what is SO funny about this thread??? this is exactly the same kinda stuff everyone said when I wanted to try low carbing years ago! deja vu!

my mother has recently lost 30+ pounds on sadhkin and one of the things that has really impressed me about it is that she sounds like I did way back when I first started low carbing. I felt 20 years younger all of the sudden. I had energy. I was physically and emotionally feeling great. and that's how she's feeling now. i'm not saying i'm a convert, but it made me think it shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding

Last edited by rubidoux; 05-28-2010 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: typo
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:24 PM   #27

then give it a try and report back here
Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: leticianj
Hi guys, here's a 2013 update: im on this diet now and i hate it. The steel balls behind my ears are painful, rotating them every two hours 40 times is painful, and i cant wait to have them removed (moved further down behind my ears). Where they are now, it is supposed to help with hunger (i guess it does, i could be hungrier) and stomach. Once its further down, its supposed to help detox my liver. There are alot of rules and unanswered questions. You just have to trust the system, which i honestly dont think i do... So, im getting off this diet and going back to lowcarb SOuth Beach which i understand, like and eat.
leticianj is offline   Reply With Quote