Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Organic and Natural Eating
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
All Natural and Organic Food Programs ?

Has anyone here signed up for an All natural and Organic Food Delivery Program?

We have one locally that swears their meats are premium quality. Their cows/pigs are grass-fed, chicken free-range, all without hormones, steroids, antibiotics, no preservatives, dyes, colorings, or chemicals. Same with their veggies - all natural and certified organic.

We had the rep over last night to explain the program to us. He gave us some samples of their chicken and hamburger patties. I am all for going natural and organic. The cost seems pricey, but I haven't been able to find much in the way of natural meats at the stores. I also cooked the a hamburger patty this morning and OMG you can tell the difference in taste between store bought hamburger patties (even the highest cost ones) and these all-natural burgers. Just no comparison. Just wondering what others here have found?

"Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."Henry Ford

My Weight Journal ~MissyDee~

Last edited by mjgh06; 11-08-2013 at 09:53 AM..
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
hey I am interested in this also. I am in GA and wonder what the name of the company is so I can check them out. Also, I am in Senoia where are you?
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
hey Wendy, I am down south way between Macon and WR.

The company I was checking out has wonderful feedback/reviews, but to me it wasn't so great money-wise. It was Blue Ribbon Foods. They try to sell you a freezer, which is fine because we needed one. But cost of just the freezer and the guarantee program with delivery of food was 5000.00; then a 4mo supply of food for a family of 5 was going to run another $1600.00 which equaled out to around $10.00 per lb of meat (if we bought the freezer- 2400. without) and we were only getting chicken, ground beef and some pork.
So not worth the money for me. Oh and then I talked to their corporate office to really see if the animals where all raised naturally because the rep kept saying the food was even when I asked specifically about the animals. The corporate office said they are grain and grass fed and the cows are given "a very minute amount of estrogen - no more than you would get from eating an egg once a year" Well to me hormone is hormone and if you are giving them a shot of estrogen, you are giving them hormones...so how can you say hormone free.

So I was disappointed to say the least. We raise our own chickens for eggs, I may just have to think about raising some for meat. I was just hoping to avoid that and find a local producer/distributor.
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
I know this is an older post, but for fruits and veggies, CSA's are a great opportunity and tend to be within range of store bought organics.

For meat, Craigslist is a great resource as the seller will be local and I've found that if the person is local, someone you can speak with on the phone and perhaps visit the farm, that you'll find what you want at the best price. I wouldn't buy meat from a company with a rep, sales plan or a Corporate office. If they want to sell you a freezer, they're not in the business of raising animals.

Some other resources for meat:
Google: localharvest
and eatwild

Or, you can google grass fed beef, try your farmers market.

p.s. Craigslist is also a great place for freezers. I'm the queen of cheap, rarely buying anything new.

What we weigh is the result of a meal, a day, a week, a month, a year of choices...

Psssst...Nothing tastes as good as ketosis feels!
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote