Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Organic and Natural Eating
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Has anyone tried Tera'swhey Protein Powder?

It sounds good (not to mention expensive) but I was not able to find a list of ingredients.

Quote:
I created teraswhey to cause extraordinary change.
  • The most natural ingredients like organic, hormone-free cow, goat, & sheep whey proteins.
  • All natural flavors. high antioxidant superfruits. low glycemic stevia.
  • The best tasting, simple ingredients ethically sourced from small family farms, artisanal cheesemakers, fair trade suppliers.
  • Whey that transforms your health (and that of those you love).
  • Made in a green factory that touches the planet lightly.
tera'swhey puts the power to cause extraordinary change back where it belongs:
in your hands.

- All of our ingredients are sourced from sustainable family dairy farms and from stewards of endangered ecosystems around the world.
- 20 grams of protein per serving - the recommended serving by MDs and nutritionists for people with health and recovery issues as well as for optimal post-excercise recovery.
- 4 grams of carbohydrates from fruit and low glycemic stevia means your blood sugar will not spike.
- Made with superfruits known for their extremely high antioxidents and the best tasting vanilla and chocolate on the planet - the same kind that French pastry chefs demand. As a result, all of our products are not only good for you, but they also taste incredible.
featured products
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BikerAng
Stats: 195/167/155 5'9"
WOE: Atkins - organic & humanely raised
Start Date: Feb 2007
I haven't heard of Tera's whey but I'm curious about it! I have been using Jay Robb whey protein and I really like it. The whey is produced from grass fed no hormone milk and stevia is the sweetener. Only 1 carb per scoop.
BikerAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerAng View Post
I haven't heard of Tera's whey but I'm curious about it! I have been using Jay Robb whey protein and I really like it. The whey is produced from grass fed no hormone milk and stevia is the sweetener. Only 1 carb per scoop.
I've been using Jay Robb, too.

This one is a bit higher in carbs according to one nutritional label but I've been unable to find a list of ingredients no matter how much I search. It's very frustrating.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

that whey sounds great, probably higher in carbs due to the super fruits? Weird that you can't find an ingredient list. I'll do some searching too.

ETA: I found a picture of a single serving packet of Tera's whey. It's kind of hard to read, but you can make out what's in it. Looks like this one is chocolate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tera's whey.JPG (12.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by BikerAng; 12-05-2009 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Found a more info!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NutritionJunkie
I drink Tera's Whey every morning and I'm not sure about Jay Robb's whey protein but this has 5 carbs in two large scoops. I love the bourbon vanilla, I look forward to drinking it every morning! The ingredients are as follows for mine: organic whey protein concentrate, natural vanilla flavors, stevia leaf extract, soy lecithin. It is gluten free. I drink it with vanilla unsweetened almond milk, which in 8 oz has 2 grams of carbs and 40 calories. Amazing combo.
NutritionJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I've been using The True Whey by Source Naturals (grass fed cows w/o hormones/antibiotics, cold processed, and sweetened with stevia). I really like this one.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buttonboutique
LOVE it!! I have used the Acai and Yummberry flavors! So delish and smooth! It's my fave! plus I like that it's a woman owned company, her facility is GREEN, and it's local for me, so even better!!
buttonboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Please tell me..... is Tera's better than Jay Robb??? I guess I am the strange cookie... but I really did not care much for his.

Vicki
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
If you're looking for 0 carb, 0 fat protein powder with no artificial sweeteners or growth hormones, you may want to try this one. It only has 4 ingredients: Cold Pressed Ultra Micro-filtered Whey Isolate, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Stevia. It comes in 7 flavors and a variety pack which contains one serving packet of each flavor.

SDC Nutrition About Time Whey Isolate
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
If you're looking for 0 carb, 0 fat protein powder with no artificial sweeteners or growth hormones, you may want to try this one. It only has 4 ingredients: Cold Pressed Ultra Micro-filtered Whey Isolate, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Stevia. It comes in 7 flavors and a variety pack which contains one serving packet of each flavor.

SDC Nutrition About Time Whey Isolate
Interesting flavors..... have you tried it yourself???
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Interesting flavors..... have you tried it yourself???
Yes, I am actually drinking some right now. Had a sample packet of the Peaches & Cream and mixed it with water. It mixed instantly. It has a very mild, pleasant flavor. It tastes a little more like a vanilla flavor than a peaches flavor. I'm more of a chocolate fan, so I'll probably try the chocolate next.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote