Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Organic and Natural Eating
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
SPF of coconut oil?

I am going to the lake next weekend and I do have a bit of a base color already, I am wondering if CO will be enough? I know many of you have mentioned using it as a sunscreen, I have not "tested" it yet.

The lake is some serious sun.... 112-118 degrees. (It gets down in the 90's at night LOL)

I've always used a SPF 8 and applied it about 3-4 times a day.... but now that I try to be chemical-free.... do you think CO is at least spf 8? If it is like a 4 or 6, maybe I can just apply more often?

There is a good sunscreen by Badger that is spf 15 or 30 and is truly natural, but it feels sticky and is made with zinc so it leaves a yucky white sheen that I prefer not to have, but if I must, I will.

What do you think?

Low-Carb foods are not created equal
Enjoy- cream, butter, coconut oil, olive oil, fresh chicken, fish, beef, pork, bacon, sausage, cheese, LC veggies, berries/melon, dressings, stevia, chocolate (75% cocoa) and red wine
Avoid - Mayo, canola oil, too much protein, processed LC foods (tortillas, candy, shakes, bars) Splenda and other artificial sweeteners, corn products (xanthan gum, dextrose, maltodextrin)
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rottinluv
Stats: 141/110/110 Height 5' nothing!
WOE: Low Carb / Whole, Natural Foods!
Start Date: October 24, 2007
I have no idea what the SPF of coconut oil would be. I'm not sure it's even an 8.

When I'm in the sun all day, I use Mercola's Natural sunscreen, but it has zinc in it too, and leaves you looking kinda pale.

CO does work pretty well if you go slowly in the sun, but I'm not sure spending the whole day on a lake would be OK.

It sure sounds like fun though!
rottinluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: meb2004
Stats: 146 / 135 5'9"
WOE: weston price / whole foods
Start Date: February 2004
well realistically CO has 0 (ZERO) spf. you say you already have a bit of a base tan? you might be okay with just the CO. you really won't know until you try it, but it wouldn't be much fun to get burned on day 1. With the SPF 8 that you used to use, is that how much it normally takes for you to not burn? Or do you think you could go even lower without burning?

I would compare CO to probably a 4 or 6 spf for myself. It kindof hydrates your skin which can keep your skin from burning. I know on our last vacation i would first apply with 8 spf in the morning and re-apply with the CO and no burn.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: 2bfitb440
Stats: 207/186.6/150
WOE: Started w Atkins/Now LC Fast5
Start Date: 07/15/2013/09/30/2013
I can't believe you posted this question because I was just coming on to post my results. I went to the beach and I can tell with great certainty that CO is NOT a good sunscreen. I got burnt to a crisp! I wanted to get a little color before I put on my SPF 30 so I decided that I would put CO on before I left the house. I sat in the sun for about 1 hour with only CO and then put on the 30 and I got so burnt! The blisters on my back are just starting to burst - gross. (I read somewhere after the fact that it has an SPF of 4 but I'm not sure). I also take CO internally so I thought that would help but it didn't. I had also read that it's good to put on a burn so I did put it on after the fact and I must say I have the nicest tan on my face I've ever had. I'm not sure it that's a coincidence or not.
2bfitb440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Su11
Stats: Total loss- 65 (since Sept 05)
WOE: General lower carb- fructose limited
I certainly wouldn't trust it as my only protection without a LOT of build up.

I think that the people who use this regularly and have a lot of oral intake as well build up the ability to use just CO, but you need to protect yourself until you prove to yourself that you are there.

A bad burn is a serious health risk, so don't take chances.
Su11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
Had a true test yesterday - 2 soccer games 9:30 & 4. I was in the sun most of the time and I DID end up getting burned. Like I have said before, I am not about to slather my body in CO and sit out in the sun all day, however, I use it internally & I won't stress out about not getting my sunscreen on if I am out at a game - I was not getting burned while in the sun for shorter periods of time.

I would not hazard to guess what kind of SPF CO has and I would suggest, like someone above - the lake would NOT be a good place to figure that out for yourself. Use a "real" sunscreen if you are going to have that much exposure to the sun.

If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer!

Be Prepared - It's not just a Boy Scout motto anymore!

If anyone doesn't think their plan is the best; they should probably be looking for a new plan. - Jezzie
JoSkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aediekins
Stats: St/199 Curr/163 Goal/155
WOE: Low-Carb
Start Date: 8 more lbs to go!!
Thanks for the info! I will use my badger spf 15 then
Aediekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JoSkids
Good idea and have a great weekend!
JoSkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: inspiredlight
A few thoughts on CO as sun screen

Hi folks,
I was searching around the net for info on the actual spf of various substances I use for my home made "sun oil". A friend wanted the recipe so I wanted to write it up as an article on my website, as other people have asked for it in the past and I figure it would be easier just to write it up and post it online.

Anyway, whilst checking to see if coconut oil had any SPF rating I found this forum post. I have joined the forum to respond to a few points people have raised, in case that is helpful for some of you.

To my knowledge C.O. has no direct SPF factor. As meb2004 said, it would rate at zero, as far as I know.

I have found that with my skin type (I have normal Caucasian?European skin that tans relatively easily) coconut oil seems to help my skin tan quicker, BUT I can not use it as a sun block and stay out in the sun during the strongest sun hours (11 to 1 in many countries, and about 10 to 2:30 in New Zealand where I am from). It will not stop me from burning in those high sun hours.

I would like to address something 2bfitb440 said. If you were using a chemical based sun screen (i.e. one that is NOT relying solely on metal oxides as sun blocks, or something similar) these sun screens have to actually enter the skin and "react" with it. Typically they take about 30 minutes to be most effective. Sometimes they include a metal oxide in the formula to help block sun over that initial 30 minute period. At a guess, I would say that it may be that with your skin covered in coconut oil the sun screen you used may have actually been prevented from entering the skin and doing what it needs to do. That's my gut sense on it when you mentioned your situation of burning so badly.

I do find that C.O. helps to alleviate the symptoms of sun burn and helps my skin to go brown afterward, as opposed to pealing down to fresh white skin. Fresh (or cold pressed, bought at a store) aloe vera gel also greatly helps with sun burn in my experience. If applied a few times a day I can often avoid peeling after even quite a bad sun burn (I've never burnt so bad I blistered, so I am not referring to a burn that extreme... but it will most certainly still help). Vitamin E oil also helps greatly. Lily of the Desert make a good cold pressed Aloe gel.

There are other natural oils that have a useful SPF. You can read about them in my article and recipe. I am still writing up my sun oil recipe. I will try to remember to return and post a link shortly once I have published it.

With heart,

Jonathan
inspiredlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Minnas
Stats: 28/8-10/8-10
WOE: Lost VLC/Now LC/Lower calorie through lower fat
No, CO doesn't provide sunscreen. I didn't think it would but I tried it. Sunburn!

I highly recommend Devita Solar 30 BodyBlock. They sell one for the face but it's the same formula for both and the body is a much better deal (6 oz for about the same as the 2 oz facial stuff) I love this product. It doesn't break out my face which is no minor feat and it feels great with no white cast like most mineral sunscreens. Oh, and it works! Great reviews and awards.
Minnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #11

Gallery: TaDa!
Stats: 236.5 /132.5/ 128-133 @5'3"
WOE: Atkins Maintenance (Vegetarian + Fish)
Start Date: 6/03 & Goal! 5/06
just piping in to say that my youngest (only kid to get this) and I both get allergic reactions to sunscreen (on our faces only - all kinds) and I have found the best thing (and natural) is to just buy a tube of zinc oxide from the pharmacy in the first aid aisle and use that on the face. As others have mentioned, yes you do get a little white sheen ...
TaDa! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: WildflowerMama
Stats: 185.5/143.2/revised to 140
Start Date: Nov 2006
OMG - as someone who had melanoma last year, please, please do not rely on coconut oil as a sunscreen.

You must protect your skin. 3-4 sun burns in your lifetime greatly increases your risk of melanoma.

If your skin is tanned or burned, it is damaged. You can not tan or burn without having had UV rays penetrate deeply into your skin and change it.

Please. Cover up. If you don't want chemical sunscreens, there are tons of natural ones. Badger Balm is a great one. But, you need to reapply. But, most importantly, protect your skin. Do not let it burn or tan. And protect your children. Most all the skin damage that leads to melanoma occurs before age 18.

I'm blond, fair and never was a sun worshiper. And I got melanoma. It can happen to anyone. Please protect your skin.

Losing weight is hard, but being fat is harder. Choose your hard.

Don't sit if you can stand. Don't stand if you can walk. Don't walk if you can run. Get Moving!
WildflowerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Phoenix
WOE: Whole Unprocessed Foods Emphasizing Raw Foods
Start Date: 2009
Here is what I know about this topic to the best of my knowledge:

To get real protection you have to stay hydrated and consume a lot of antioxidants and wear coconut oil and cover up your skin after you've been out a while.

Foods high in anti-oxidants are green leafy vegetables, berries (especially goji berries and blueberries), and darkly colored fruits and vegetables such as beets and "black" carrots.

Consuming coconut oil will not help your skin protect against the sun.

Putting coconut oil on a burn helps tremendously because it really really holds in the moisture without irritating the skin.

Always use cold-pressed coconut oil for eating or wearing.

Always wear a sun hat if out in the sun for longer than half an hour. Your face is precious, protect it!

If your skin is uncomfortably hot then you're probably burning. Never wait until you turn pink to cover your skin. If you're already pink then massive damage has already been done.

Try to get some sun each day to keep up a continual light tan.

Wear linen or very light cotton in light colors loose about your body in a full dress or shirt and skirt covering the full body for long days out.

When at the beach bring an umbrella or bring full clothes to put on while eating or doing something other than swimming or whatever else you have planned that requires moving about. If the waves are light I sometimes wear my sun hat in the ocean.

Coconut oil isn't so much protecting as it is hydrating. This is useless if you are sweating out toxic sweat full of junk food. Clean skin and clean sweat are also key to not burning. Using oil-based organic soap has done wonders for my skin and dramatically increased how long I can stay in the sun because oil-based organic soaps are not toxic and don't strip your body of its natural oil.

When I started eating clean my body's sweat changed. It stopped being sticky, smelly or uncomfortable.

Recipe for healthy skin:

Daily light tanning without burning
Hydrated skin (drink water, wear oil)
Anti-oxidants (raw greens and berries)
Clean skin (shower or bath)
Toxin-free skin (oil-based soap and a healthy diet)

Hope this helps everyone!

~ Raederle
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Here is what I know about this topic to the best of my knowledge:

To get real protection you have to stay hydrated and consume a lot of antioxidants and wear coconut oil and cover up your skin after you've been out a while.

Foods high in anti-oxidants are green leafy vegetables, berries (especially goji berries and blueberries), and darkly colored fruits and vegetables such as beets and "black" carrots.

Consuming coconut oil will not help your skin protect against the sun.

Putting coconut oil on a burn helps tremendously because it really really holds in the moisture without irritating the skin.

Always use cold-pressed coconut oil for eating or wearing.

Always wear a sun hat if out in the sun for longer than half an hour. Your face is precious, protect it!

If your skin is uncomfortably hot then you're probably burning. Never wait until you turn pink to cover your skin. If you're already pink then massive damage has already been done.

Try to get some sun each day to keep up a continual light tan.

Wear linen or very light cotton in light colors loose about your body in a full dress or shirt and skirt covering the full body for long days out.

When at the beach bring an umbrella or bring full clothes to put on while eating or doing something other than swimming or whatever else you have planned that requires moving about. If the waves are light I sometimes wear my sun hat in the ocean.

Coconut oil isn't so much protecting as it is hydrating. This is useless if you are sweating out toxic sweat full of junk food. Clean skin and clean sweat are also key to not burning. Using oil-based organic soap has done wonders for my skin and dramatically increased how long I can stay in the sun because oil-based organic soaps are not toxic and don't strip your body of its natural oil.

When I started eating clean my body's sweat changed. It stopped being sticky, smelly or uncomfortable.

Recipe for healthy skin:

Daily light tanning without burning
Hydrated skin (drink water, wear oil)
Anti-oxidants (raw greens and berries)
Clean skin (shower or bath)
Toxin-free skin (oil-based soap and a healthy diet)

Hope this helps everyone!

~ Raederle
Hello~ This is a good post but I have one Q.

Last summer my son brought my 6 year old grand daughter to my house to swim in my pool. There is zero shade in and around the pool. Before he came to my house he rubbed the CO into her skin and his own. My son burns easily as does his daughter. After they got there he replied it to both again. I too use the CO and have for many years. I brown very easily., always have.

We were in the pool off and on for the entire day. It was an August day, full shining sun over head.

My family has been using CO for a sun blocker for a long time.

It has been a staple in our home since 2006.

We both cook with it and I eat it as a candy and drink one tablespoon of CO in my coffee at least 6 times a day. One thing I have noticed about Coconut oil. If you consume it too close to bedtime, you will not get a good night's sleep.

Why did the 6 yr. old not burn????
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Phoenix
WOE: Whole Unprocessed Foods Emphasizing Raw Foods
Start Date: 2009
Question Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
We both cook with it and I eat it as a candy and drink one tablespoon of CO in my coffee at least 6 times a day. One thing I have noticed about Coconut oil. If you consume it too close to bedtime, you will not get a good night's sleep.
This is an easy thing to address first.

Foods have different digestion times, and fat alone takes the longest of mono-form foods (only oils are 100% fat). Complex foods combining protein, fats and starches take the very longest of all foods (beans).

Average digestion times for a very healthy digestive system (multiply up to 4x for unhealthy digestive systems): Beans take 6 hours; meats, diary, nuts, avocados, seeds and eggs take around 4 hours; vegetables take around 2 hours; most fruits take about 1 hour; melons take around 20 minutes.

It's very important to let your stomach be empty between meals. Problems that can arise by eating when your stomach already has food in it: gas, acid reflux, lack of nutrient absorption, stomach cramping, inability to lose weight, inability to gain muscle, hormonal imbalance and more.

If you mix fruit and beans at the same meal then the entire meal will take six hours or more to digest and will likely give your body a very hard time. Someone with stomach ulcers, IBS, severe candida, etc, should not be mixing any of the above food groups in general, except with a few things like lemons and lettuce which can be added to almost anything safely.

When you're not done digesting when you go to bed you don't sleep well. Personally I get circles under my eyes if I am not done digesting before I go to sleep. Also, best sleep is generally done starting at three hours after sunset. So if the sun sets at 7pm then you want to aim to be asleep before 10pm for optimal sleep. This has to do with hormonal cycles.

Without good sleep we don't release hormones to heal, build muscle and burn fat. If we eat before bed we digest food instead of healing resulting in fatigue, sore muscles (that didn't recover/heal) and so on.

So yes, absolutely do not eat coconut oil or any high-fat or high-protein foods before bed. If I absolutely feel I need to I have a grapefruit before I lay down to read for an hour since it'll be pretty much done by the time I finish reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
This is a good post but I have one Question.

Last summer my son brought my 6 year old grand daughter to my house to swim in my pool. There is zero shade in and around the pool. Before he came to my house he rubbed the coconut oil into her skin and his own. My son burns easily as does his daughter. After they got there he replied it to both again. I too use the CO and have for many years.

We were in the pool off and on for the entire day. It was an August day, full shining sun over head.

Why did the 6 yr. old not burn?
Hydrated healthy skin is the most important thing. I know people who never burn at all without anything on their skin who are naturally very fair skinned. These people eat a super clean diet that involves juicing greens each and every day.

Enzymes are the catalyst of every chemical reaction in the body. As we age, we use our enzymes up, and by eating a primarily cooked-food diet (cooking removes enzymes) we deplete our enzymes over time (I learned about this for the first time from the book called The Hippocrates Diet years ago). A six year old hasn't had all their enzymes used up yet, even if their diet isn't amazing. So their skin has more ability to heal and adapt on the spot. Add coconut oil to that and you've got plenty of protection.

People as adults who have a toxic lifestyle are not going to get enough protection from coconut oil because their skin has no defense and is loaded up with carcinogenic stuff that makes the skin burn faster.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
This is an easy thing to address first.

Foods have different digestion times, and fat alone takes the longest of mono-form foods (only oils are 100% fat). Complex foods combining protein, fats and starches take the very longest of all foods (beans).

Average digestion times for a very healthy digestive system (multiply up to 4x for unhealthy digestive systems): Beans take 6 hours; meats, diary, nuts, avocados, seeds and eggs take around 4 hours; vegetables take around 2 hours; most fruits take about 1 hour; melons take around 20 minutes.

It's very important to let your stomach be empty between meals. Problems that can arise by eating when your stomach already has food in it: gas, acid reflux, lack of nutrient absorption, stomach cramping, inability to lose weight, inability to gain muscle, hormonal imbalance and more.

If you mix fruit and beans at the same meal then the entire meal will take six hours or more to digest and will likely give your body a very hard time. Someone with stomach ulcers, IBS, severe candida, etc, should not be mixing any of the above food groups in general, except with a few things like lemons and lettuce which can be added to almost anything safely.

When you're not done digesting when you go to bed you don't sleep well. Personally I get circles under my eyes if I am not done digesting before I go to sleep. Also, best sleep is generally done starting at three hours after sunset. So if the sun sets at 7pm then you want to aim to be asleep before 10pm for optimal sleep. This has to do with hormonal cycles.

Without good sleep we don't release hormones to heal, build muscle and burn fat. If we eat before bed we digest food instead of healing resulting in fatigue, sore muscles (that didn't recover/heal) and so on.

So yes, absolutely do not eat coconut oil or any high-fat or high-protein foods before bed. If I absolutely feel I need to I have a grapefruit before I lay down to read for an hour since it'll be pretty much done by the time I finish reading.

Hydrated healthy skin is the most important thing. I know people who never burn at all without anything on their skin who are naturally very fair skinned. These people eat a super clean diet that involves juicing greens each and every day.

Enzymes are the catalyst of every chemical reaction in the body. As we age, we use our enzymes up, and by eating a primarily cooked-food diet (cooking removes enzymes) we deplete our enzymes over time (I learned about this for the first time from the book called The Hippocrates Diet years ago). A six year old hasn't had all their enzymes used up yet, even if their diet isn't amazing. So their skin has more ability to heal and adapt on the spot. Add coconut oil to that and you've got plenty of protection.

People as adults who have a toxic lifestyle are not going to get enough protection from coconut oil because their skin has no defense and is loaded up with carcinogenic stuff that makes the skin burn faster.

Thank you

My grand daughter will not eat meat. No one encouraged this. It is just the way she is. She eats tons of Quinoa and Flax. Fruit and whole fresh veggies. Plus almost everything she eats is organic.

Last edited by marylouise; 04-10-2012 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: added thought
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #17

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
marylouise!!!

If you are on facebook, you should follow Bruce Fife's wife. Just search for Leslie Fife and you can find her. Bruce doesn't have a fb, but he answers all questions through his wife's account. They are too funny!! They discussed (or rather she posted) about their trip to Israel and how they never used typical sunscreen, just the coconut oil. They didn't get sunburned the whole time they were out in the blazing hot sun. And they are as white as could be. She said that Bruce told her with the ingestion of the good coconut oil AS WELL AS the topical application, that is what gives you the protection from the sun. I think it is the sun reacting to the man made chemicals (either in sunscreen or the vegetable oil or margarines) in and on our body that is terrible for our skin.

Anyhow, I say this having come back from vacation a very painful site!! This summer I didn't go out into the sun at all. And when we went on vacation I thought I could get away with my coconut oil. Big mistake!!!! I was white as could be, going out to a lake to sunbathe with no shade whatsoever around me and my coconut oil. It was a short stay for me at the lake and I was more red than a lobster would be. I used the oil afterwards and that must be why I never got sun poisoning. But I was this close to having it. I could not bend my knees, I was sore every where and puffy, very puffy. It was pitiful. But I sucked it up and hiked and had a great time with my family. I have learned my lesson---start off slow and steady with a base tan before just going for it!!! Coconut oil is awesome, but you do have to be smart about it.

Last edited by dawnyama; 08-25-2012 at 04:01 PM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
Wow, I'm in Florida and in the sun often. I use 50spf. Be careful out there. Skin cancer is no joke.
BarbDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I eat it every day and use it on my skin. I would guess it is about a 10 SPF for me. It works fine for everyday out and about, or a couple of hours here or there, but not a day on the lake.

As an aside, it works as a mild bug repellent too.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Janknitz
Stats: 254/184/150
WOE: Low Carb High Fat, Primal
Start Date: June 16, 2011
When I was a kid, we would put "suntan oil" on our skin and burn. I had bad burns--I remember after a day on the beach my dad pulling a sheet of skin off my back that was as large as an 8.5 X 11" piece of paper. OUCH. And then Solarcaine would be applied--it has lidocaine, but nothing to really treat the burn. I often wonder that I don't have skin cancer from that--we lived on a tropical island, and it happened frequently.

Some people can get away with sun exposure because they have a generally healthy diet and non-toxic lifestyle, but the majority of us are going to sustain real damage to that major organ (skin) if we don't take precautions.

If the chemicals in sunscreens concern you, cover up with clothing with an SPF rating (some fabrics do not block the sun) and use sunscreen only on the exposed areas. But IMHO oiling up and then spending long hours in the sun is risky.

I have a respiratory issue with the fragrances added to most sunscreens. I have to do a lot of shopping to find sunscreens that are really truly scent free (a lot of supposedly "unscented" sunscreens have "fragrance" listed on their inactive ingredients ). I would love to be done with sunscreens for good, but I remember too well what those burns were like, and I'm definitely not taking chances like that.
Janknitz is offline   Reply With Quote