Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Organic and Natural Eating
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #1741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
BIG WIN FOR KT!!

I had tree trimmers @ my house today. They stirred up a bunch of ground hornets & one man got stung several times on his face. I offered some Kombucha but he declined saying it was just part of the job.

Well he was having trouble talking as he was nasal. He said it was from the sewlling of the sting by nose. I didn't want to be pushy so after his boss left I reached into my Rx Hotel, pulled out a bug piece of SCOBY & some tea tio kep it wet. Offered it to him & he rubbed his face with the tea. AMAZED! He reached in broke off a piece of SCOBY and rubbed it every where he was stung! He said it had already changed the way he felt. Five minutes laterthe sewlling was down & he was talking normal.

Needless to say BOTH men went home woth a small Rx jar & instructions to let it breathe.
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #1742
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
So Great!!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #1743
Major LCF Poster!

Drank one of the Banana KT yesterday 2F since 10/7. It was very fizzy but should have had MORE banana in it! Won't be trying the flower & flower/banana for a while BECAUSE...

One of my swingtop liter bottles was foaming out of the top! Hmmm! Didn't know that could happen. The foam was dry so it must have happened yesterday sometime as I didn't see it the day prior. It is in the fridge chilling now. These were the ones I batch flavored in Sept. The 1st one I opened I set inside a deep bowl & good thing. If you saw the FB pict you know why - 8+oz foamed out before I had sense eboug to recap it! Duh!

Today I feel 10 years past my 66 so I think I will find a nap somewhere. Happy fermenting! Will post findings on Monday! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #1744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
That is interesting how it helped the bee stings. Hannah had a post I saw about it helping poison oak.

I haven't seen any of my swingtops leak yet, but they don't build much pressure. I think most of the sugar is gone by the time I get it out of the continuous brewer and out for 2F.

I was finishing up my last gallon of my first traditiional/non continuous brews. It was Numi pur-eh tea I think I used with Metqa's scoby. It is a couple months old and has been in the fridge. It is delicious.

I'm mixing in some green tea, black tea, Chinese black, and a couple types of Pur-eh tea when I brew the makeup teas now. I have the two, 2.5 gallon continuous brewers going, plus I am bringing online a third 2.5 gallon brewer, and am planning another for the Koffucha. I keep forgetting to try adding things for the 2F!

The diet is only an instrument; you have to want to use it. ... It is necessary for you to have respect for your body for you to use this tool [the Atkins' Diet]. It's the only body you'll be issued. You've got to spend the rest of your life in it. You must treat it like your greatest possession; you must become a kind of "health nut." -- Robert C. Atkins, M.D.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #1745

Where do you get your Pur-eh?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #1746
Major LCF Poster!

I got some Numi Pu-erh from Wegmans and I've also gotten it from Amazon. Also I have some Uncle Lee's Imperial Organic Pu-Erh Tea from a site I cannot mention here because it gets removed from my posts.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:38 PM   #1747

Thanks I'll look for it. I didn't know if you got it locally cause I don't see any in stores near me. I suspected many find it online.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #1748
Major LCF Poster!

I just downloaded Hannah's book. It's pretty nice!

How many tea bags do you guys use in your brew? I like mine strong so I go about 10 bags to a gallon.

I'm making some backup Metqa scoby clones to keep on hand as spares, since that type of quality scoby will probably become more rare since the commercial makers changed their cultures.

I like using Amazon's subscribe&save, since it is free shipping, 15% off, and for many items it's the same price or sometimes less as what I would pay locally, if I can find it.

I saw Hannah mentions using rosemary, thyme, and sage as flavorings for the second ferment, that might be interesting.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #1749

Oh yeah, I use subscribe and save! I should shop in that catagory and see if they have the tea.

Savory herb Kombucha? Sounds Medicinal! Or like those flavored vinegar with the herb delicately balanced inside a tall thin bottle.

I guess my tea is not very strong I use the equivalent of 8 bags per gallon. my latest feeding is strong and fizzy and ready to bottle for second ferment. I had been drawing off only what I wanted to drink the next day but got behind in replacing it, so I had to feed it alot which meant I couldn't drink from it for a while. now it's ready again. I can start continuous drawing/drinking/brewing again.

Hey, Faithful, i found a potential new large brewer. It's not as large as the two gallon and it has a non-clear glass bubble pattern but it's clear enough to see through easily. the spigot stinks but I might be able to replace it. Hey Pork! What did you do with the spigots from the broken crocks? The spigot on my 2.5 gallon crock was a nice wide food grade hard plastic. I don't trust the soft plastic tiny opening spigot on this one.

I found it at TJ Maxx for onlyu $20, the others were more ugly and more expensive. They didn't know why this one which was larger capacity and better looking was marked cheaper so I bought it. the glass seems thicker than my 2.5gallon one also. I still don't know why it cracked, It never had any impact trauma, and it was empty when I lifted it, I guess the glass was just too thin.

Anyway, once I make space for it ( I don't really have room for it) I'll put my backup Metqa Scobys into it and keep it as a back up brewer, along side the smaller sun tea jar. i'll have so many brews going it will smell like vinegar in my house!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 10-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #1750
Major LCF Poster!

Subscribe&save does have the Numi pu-erh tea. Some of the herb kombucha's do sound a little strange, but the fermentation seems to alter flavors a bit so maybe it would work!

The new bubbly glass brewer sounds like a winner! Good glass ones seem hard to find.

The spigots from the 2 broken crocks - I used one to replace a spigot in a different water crock I already had but that the spigot was old, and the other I sent to Faithful. She said it didn't fit her crock though (too big around) so she's sending it back. It needs a 3/4" dia. hole to fit.

I was reading something Hannah wrote where she said she doesn't like heating the brewers from underneath, something about it doesn't allow the yeasts to do their thing. I guess that's why her heaters wrap around the crock. I'm thinking of switching to wrapping around then instead of underneath.

I have a spare 2.5 gallon crock right now (it was for my Poland Spring water bottles but I don't use them anymore). I was going to use it for the Koffucha, or possibly a tea/koffucha blend. I should try the koffucha first probably to make sure I'll like it before making a whole brewer of it.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #1751

hmm, I'd better measure the spigot before I got looking to replace it. The sad thing is, if my bigger brewer bites the dust, i'll have a spigot handy!

That's interesting about the yeast. it does live underneath, I can understand the side heating. Maybe I'll experiment with some herby 2Fs. Can't imagine which herbs though, maybe a small 1 cup just to taste.

That's cool on the spare crock, but yeah, make sure you like it first before you end up with 2 gallons of possible ACK!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #1752
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Faithful, I got the package, wow it is like an early Christmas time in there! So many interesting things to try out! Thanks too for the pH strips, I'll have to give those a try!

I started about 3/4 gallon of Koffucha last night with Faithful's koffucha scoby and starter liquid. I had started a batch with a normal scoby about 10 days ago with starter tea and coffee. It tasted very weird, the combination of the tea and the bitter coffee. I will be interested to try just the coffee koffucha, and age it in some swing tops for a few weeks to mellow it as Faithful suggested.

I set up an area in a small closet that stays very cool in the winter, around 50F, for placing the swing top bottles after a couple days of second ferment. Then I can leave them in there for a few weeks to mellow, since the taste does just seem to improve with age!

I now have four 2.5 gallon crocks brewing. #1 has metqa's original scoby and is producing the finest kombucha now that it has been operating for about two months. It has a noticeable effect on the mind after guzzling a 16 oz bottle.

Brewer #2 had the GT's 'enlightened' scoby, but I was not pleased with its output, so I dumped about half of it, added a bunch of brew from #1 and a fresh Metqa scoby clone. It is getting better but it is still not as good as #1. I may end up dumping #2 completely and starting it over.

Brewer #3 I started about 8 days ago and is starting to produce bottleable brew. It had a Metqa scoby clone from #1. For some reason, its output is much lighter in color than #1 and #2 but seems to taste fine.

Brewer #4 I just started today. It is in a spare Springwell crock I had for Poland Spring water. The Springwell crocks are very very nice I notice. It is quite a bit thicker and higher quality feeling than the crocks I got from Amazon, and their site says it is lead free.

Brewer #1 and #2 are side by side, with an underneath heat mat, Hydrofarm temp controller and wrapped in Reflectix insulation. #3 and #4 are the same set up, but on a smaller apartment size fridge in the living room. I have them set at 80F.

I have some white tea and yerba mate on the way. Right now I do a mix of teas, Yogi green tea, Numi Chinese black, Numi Pu-erh, Choice Black, and some others. I have some Woodstock farms cane sugar and rapadura.

I was thinking of getting a 10 gallon charred oak barrel to brew in, but those are around $200+, plus Faithful mentioned they last about 3-5 years I think? So I already bought the 2.5 gallon brewers so I am just sticking with those.

Last edited by porcupine73; 10-15-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Old 10-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #1753
Major LCF Poster!

Bacchus & Barley have oak "beans". I have meant to order some but with all the WW & painting it is on the back burner. Porcupine, you may want to order some to try. You can leave them in a CB A replace as you notice the flavor going out. The custy service dept suggested to me that would be the most economic way since cost of barfels were way high! Nice but costly. A brewer in Canada got a whiskey barrel & said her KT was awesome!

Yes - I don't know the life of the Koffucha SCOBY but instead of adding KT I would occasionallly throw in an extra KTSCOBY. From what I understood the coffee had everything necessary but you have access to more info than I did. Ask Hannah as she has experimented with this. I would only do batch brewing til you see how it goes.

You asked about the amount of tea. After playing around I use a simple combo 4 black 2 green 2 white for 3 quarts.

Why not see if you can put your heating mat around the outsode of your crock & hold it in place with a rubberband or a string. You could put your reflector on the other side. I have mine from Hannah around mine closer to the top as my brewer is tall. Seems like it works well. I keep drawing a lot off to bottle so I think I need to do some batch brewing to get caught up on my stach.

It will be a while before I get back... Keep postine!

OH BTW the Jamacian flowers were fantastic in the KT! But maybe I already posted that....
Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #1754
Major LCF Poster!

Hm the oak infusions sound interesting! I have seen them at various places such as homebrewit.

I may try putting the heat around my brewers when it comes time to clean them out. It's too awkward to lift and move with them full. Also it is mentioned it may cause a yeast overgrowth, but not necessarily. Since I have mine wrapped in insulation, I'm thinking it would be less likely to cause yeast overgrowth since the bottom shouldn't be all that much warmer (a few degrees maybe) than the rest of the vessel.

I was reading something interesting in Hannah's excellent article The Kombucha Crisis: One Year Later : BevNET.com

Quote:
Partnered with Kefi-Plant, a Canadian bio-tech company specializing in kefir ferments, Kombucha Botanica posits that the original Kombucha culture actually derived from the kefir grain.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #1755
Major LCF Poster!

I would not doubt it. Mr. Experimenter, do you have some extra kefir grains around? Meybe a few WK & MK. Maybe you could try putting 1tsp WK & a couple MK grains in separate QT jars & add sweet tea. Add a tad of KT for sake of keeping mold out & see what happens in a month in each of them. I don't have the patience to experiment but sounds like a good one.

Have 4 of the 6 blue sections finished. Need to pull back carpet drill holes & spray bleach under the stair landing yil it comes out on the concrete! I can smell mold coming from there! Yuck! That should take care of it forever as I am going to calk every wood crack on that landing including where it mets the wall & floor.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #1756
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm....that sounds like an excellent experiment! I wonder if I should include a chunk of SCOBY to get it started? It seems like this might be a way of making a kombucha superstrain, that is, any of the bacteria, yeasts and other organisms from the MKG and WKG that are able to populate the KT and 'live to tell about it' to future generations so to speak, would maybe make it even more healthful!

Glad your painting is going well, that sounds like a ton of work. The smell of bad mold is never nice!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #1757
Major LCF Poster!

All mold is bad mold! Used to have a big problem but this will prolly be the last of it! I hope!

I don't think a hunk of SCOBY would prove if KT came from kefir grains. It didn't say what kind. If a SCOBY & KT form then you have proven the source. As a matter of fact adding KT would hamper the proof. It would just have to be sweet tea & grains.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #1758
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bob ross
Hi everyone .. NEW GUY alert .. hehe

Been making kombucha for a little bit... i used some GT store bought to make my scoby's.

Been having a little problem w/ activity in them.. doesnt seem to be much... i usually ferment for 10-12 days or so.. but maybe will do longer now that im doing lc.. and dont want any sugar at all.

- only thing i can think of is i used tap water a bit ago.. i did boil it.. but obviosly boiling doesnt get rid of a lot of the ugly stuff. I now purchased a Distiller.. so im only using distilled water in it.

my 2nd ferments are not getting very fizzy.. although i havent been adding anything to them... i did just buy some ginger so i will try grinding some up and adding that.

i guess just start over and make new scobys from a new bottle of GT?..

Ive read a great deal of info on different sites.. alot contradicting them sevles... i should be ok w/ the scoby produced by a bottle of GT..yes?... only thing i really do differently from laurelfarms recipe.. is i use 4 quarts/1gal.. instead of her 3... maybe ill try that.. the book i read - kombucha - the miracle fungus.. after i converted it.. the recipe in there said 4quarts/1gal...

thanks much.
bob ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #1759
Major LCF Poster!

I think GT's still makes their classic brew, but I don't know where it is sold, because I think it has to be sold as an alcoholic beverage like beer. It didn't necessarily contain much alcohol anyway but I guess 'dem's da rules' as they say.

Metqa gave me a scoby for just the cost of postage. And it was an enormous scoby at that! I think Metqa's may have come from GT's, but if so it was from before the formulation change. It is making me some fine brew. I also bought a couple Scoby's from Hannah to try out.

Sometimes when I pour my water into my tea brewing jar, I pour it way up in the air, like two feet away, to try to help it get more air back into it. That might help with the distilled water too.

Last edited by porcupine73; 10-24-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #1760
Junior LCF Member

Thanks much.

Ya i ordered a scoby from Hannah... ty for the site.. and reminder.... just thought she made excellent kombucha videos .. Hope it doesnt get tooo cold in the post office ( i live in MN ).. overnight .... She gives you access to her FB page.. so can ask a ton of questions.. Woot! ...

I generally use a stainless steel ladel to 'scoop' out my kombuch.. i actually didnt take out the scoby at all when i did that... Anyone know why/if your not supposed to touch the scoby w/ metal?... something about it being reactive?.. i never fully knew the whole 'metal avoidness' in regards to living culture foods / probiotics.

oh.. and now ive learned.. NEVER store your scoby's in the fridge... i was getting a 1gal pickle jar ready ( ie EATING all the pickles ).. for my hotel.. and would have kept them in the fridge.. good that i know not to do that now... Dang.. ive been collecting info on making kombuch for a bout a year.. Lots of mis-info out there.... guess its a continual process.. like most everything.

Off to buy some cabbage to make my very own Sauerkraut... mmmmm..hehe.. laters......

Last edited by bob ross; 10-24-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #1761
Major LCF Poster!

The KT can be quite acidic, so some metallic components could leach into the brew. I.e. brass would be a definite no-no. It seems to be that stainless steel is acceptable. Yes I saw Hannah's article about not keeping the scobie's in the fridge too. I hadn't put any in there yet so I was glad to have read that ahead of time; otherwise I'd be tempted to keep the hotel in there. Hope your sauerkraut goes well!
Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #1762

Hey All, I just wanna make it clear that I don't sell scobys, I give them away. I dont' sell scobies or kefir or anything else. They grow on their own, so I'm more than happy to give them away to anyone who wants one. It's also insurance for me, if something were to wipe out all mine,I'd hope I could get a baby scoby back from someone who I gifted to before!

I got my scoby as a gift and enhanced it with GT last year before the big controversy. I was surprised to hear Porcupine say that the old scoby made better Kombucha than the new GT, so all these extra scoby that were gonna become compost suddenly became valuable to me and others! I have so many hugely thick scobys that I am getting another jar to keep a hotel and another for my Scoby First Aid!

I do ask that folks pay for the shipping cause I'm not a rich person, but that is in no way selling them.

I actually like the community spirit surrounding these cultured items that people share them so freely. I think that will keep them around for everyone to experience them without feeling they have to spend a bunch of money for what is basically extras that we have to get rid of!

Last edited by metqa; 10-24-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #1763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
I like kombucha, but it is an acquired taste. It took a while for me to get used to it. Now I love it!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #1764
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Hey All, I just wanna make it clear that I don't sell scobys, I give them away. I dont' sell scobies or kefir or anything else. They grow on their own, so I'm more than happy to give them away to anyone who wants one. It's also insurance for me, if something were to wipe out all mine,I'd hope I could get a baby scoby back from someone who I gifted to before!

I got my scoby as a gift and enhanced it with GT last year before the big controversy. I was surprised to hear Porcupine say that the old scoby made better Kombucha than the new GT, so all these extra scoby that were gonna become compost suddenly became valuable to me and others! I have so many hugely thick scobys that I am getting another jar to keep a hotel and another for my Scoby First Aid!

I do ask that folks pay for the shipping cause I'm not a rich person, but that is in no way selling them.

I actually like the community spirit surrounding these cultured items that people share them so freely. I think that will keep them around for everyone to experience them without feeling they have to spend a bunch of money for what is basically extras that we have to get rid of!

I just ordered one from Hannah.. should be here in a bit... its also of my opinion these should be given away... thus if anyone wants a baby.. just holler ... and yes.. all i would ask is shipping costs.... now i just gotta scrub clean my current Kombucha bowls so theres nothing in there from the GT scobys ( enlightment version ).. that i made.

- jb
Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #1765
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
I like kombucha, but it is an acquired taste. It took a while for me to get used to it. Now I love it!
Nikki! We welcome new friends into our conversations. Are you brewing? Do you CB or batch. If we use too many abbreviations for ya'll just ask us what they mean.

And join us for the kefir thread as well as broth making...

We have so much fun around here!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #1766
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, Metqa! you are one of the original brewers and posters on this thread. We know you dont sell what comes freely as a gift from our Creator!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #1767
Major LCF Poster!

WGJKT

Today I used my new Hannah Ph Meter & tested the WGJKT. It registered 3.0 so I decided to bottle it for Thanksgiving. I wanted to be sure there was LOTS of fizz so I added 1/2 tsp sugar in each 1 liter bottle. I have a 16oz that I put up so I can taste B4 I take it to dinner (I want 2 B sure it is yummy!) It was no longer sweet but had a wonderful white grape flavor. Will let you know close to Thanksgiving how it fares up. I did keep the SCOBY it made & the other pieces that were in there along with the remainder of the WGJKT to save for a future batch. There was a significant amount of light brown yeasties attached to the bottom so I washed those off & only kept the smooth part.

I am having fun playing with the Ph meter. Goes from 0-14. I NEED TO CALL Hannah as it is so simple I don't really understand how to clean it or what I need to
calebrate it-if it even needs it! Wish I was young like ya'll so I could think better... But then I prolly have wisdom you don't... EVEN TRADE!

Doing some batch brewing so I can replace the long 2F I am drinking. Love my Hanna warmer...so helpful during this colder weather. Must do batch flavoring-maybe I will try some pineapple.

Headed down to paint! TOODLES!!!! TTFN!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #1768
Major LCF Poster!

If it gets real cold there Hannah has a terrific warmer. My room gets 65 during winter & her warmer is really making a difference.

KT is reactive to metals as it is so acidic! This is why we stick to plastic! However, for the brief time the KT or SCOBY would be in contact with a strainer/spoon STAINLESS STEEL is a safe alternative to plastic but there are so many "metal" strainers that mimic the stainless ones so be sure of what yours is BEFORE you use!

Hapy Brewing!

OH & Bob if you like kraut you might like kimchi. There is a thread here about that & I posted a link to a Korean web site where a terrific recipe & video is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob ross View Post
Thanks much.

Ya i ordered a scoby from Hannah... ty for the site.. and reminder.... just thought she made excellent kombucha videos .. Hope it doesnt get tooo cold in the post office ( i live in MN ).. overnight .... She gives you access to her FB page.. so can ask a ton of questions.. Woot! ...

I generally use a stainless steel ladel to 'scoop' out my kombuch.. i actually didnt take out the scoby at all when i did that... Anyone know why/if your not supposed to touch the scoby w/ metal?... something about it being reactive?.. i never fully knew the whole 'metal avoidness' in regards to living culture foods / probiotics.

oh.. and now ive learned.. NEVER store your scoby's in the fridge... i was getting a 1gal pickle jar ready ( ie EATING all the pickles ).. for my hotel.. and would have kept them in the fridge.. good that i know not to do that now... Dang.. ive been collecting info on making kombuch for a bout a year.. Lots of mis-info out there.... guess its a continual process.. like most everything.

Off to buy some cabbage to make my very own Sauerkraut... mmmmm..hehe.. laters......

Last edited by iamfaithful; 10-26-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 09:51 PM   #1769
Junior LCF Member

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
If it gets real cold there Hannah has a terrific warmer. My room gets 65 during winter & her warmer is really making a difference.
Thanks.. ya i usually dont even turn down my thermastat at night.. usually keep it at 70 or so.. it is in the kitchen tho.. which the floor gets pretty cold.. might move it into the living room..hehe

Quote:
KT is reactive to metals as it is so acidic! This is why we stick to plastic! However, for the brief time the KT or SCOBY would be in contact with a strainer/spoon STAINLESS STEEL is a safe alternative to plastic but there are so many "metal" strainers that mimic the stainless ones so be sure of what yours is BEFORE you use!
Ty.. i use a SS ladel to put mine into bottles.. but i wasnt taking out the scoby 1st.. i was just 'gently pushing' it down to get it out.... but ya ill get a plastic one to be safe.. and like Hannah said.. take the 20% for the Next Brew.. from the top 1st.. then bottle the bottom

Quote:
Hapy Brewing!
TYVM.. u2!

Quote:
OH & Bob if you like kraut you might like kimchi. There is a thread here about that & I posted a link to a Korean web site where a terrific recipe & video is.
Ty.. i will check it out.. after i see how this kraut i made turns out.. hehe.. I need to set a side a PROBIOTIC section of my kitchen.. hehe.. ATTN :.. LIVE Food !! .. cyaz
Old 10-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #1770

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Hi all,
Yesterday I bought some Synergy brand organic raw kombucha with raw chia seeds, and the texture was amazing because of the chia seeds....nice and crunchy. Tasted really good and has only 4 net carbs per serving. Has anyone tried it before and what do you think?
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote