Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiogafamily
Stats: 245/233/150
WOE: Lchf
Start Date: Sept. 2 2014
Yeast die off and keto rashes

Hi folks!

Earlier I read a post about keto rashes from clackey. I thought nothing of it until i started with a red rash on my face and chest this week. After doing a ton of reading and research I feel pretty convinced that this is related to yeast die off. For me it makes sense because I have suffered from candida for years and when you have die off you release toxins into your blood stream. I recognized immediately the symptoms and felt a sort of a-ha moment when reading about it.

If anyone is experiencing rashes or feeling worse while in ketosis I highly recommend googling yeast die off and how to cope. It can cause a wide range of symptoms and can sometimes last weeks, even months. I think a lot of people think their bodies don't like low carb and give up and blame the diet, when in reality, it's yeast die off, which is a good thing. It's a worse before better thing.
Tiogafamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #2
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Thank you for posting this info. It really makes sense. My interest in this rash thing was because someone I know is experiencing it. She has done paleo and already didn't eat a lot of carbs but she has recently gone the keto route and has this rash. When she was sure she wasn't in keto (holidays), the rash disappeared completely and within 2 days of going keto again, the rash was back.

As she commented and I agree... who needs a ketone meter with the rash. It is pretty indicative of ketones!!!

I will pass on the info. Thanks!

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ABQBETTY
Despite what many doctors think, there really is a "low carb rash". Its called Prurigo Pigmentosa. And the research on it comes mostly from studies on fasting and diabetes, rather than low carb eating. It can also be generalized itching without a visible rash. Its a drag. Here is more info:

Prurigo Pigmentosa - The Ketosis Rash Nobody Warned Me About - The BJJ Caveman
ABQBETTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
In this case, there is a quite obvious raised rash.
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote