Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grneyedldy
Need help with a fat bomb recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for a fat bomb that has coconut oil and butter, but no chocolate or nut butters?

I need it for my husband who is not doing lc. TIA
grneyedldy is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/183.6/135 (24-Jul)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Fat Bombs are Da Bomb! :)

Down the page there is a lemon one that is pretty good - I gave link for the whole thread in case you might find something else
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarr View Post
Fat Bombs are Da Bomb! :)

Down the page there is a lemon one that is pretty good - I gave link for the whole thread in case you might find something else
Thank you so much. I did see that one, but I don't have any sour cream and I have only half a lemon (of questionable age though I think it's fine) in the fridge. How important do you think the sour cream would be?
Old 05-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
I read that link and although it sounds tasty, personally I don't want any carbs. The lemon has natural sugar and nut butters have carbs. I just use cocoanut oil (tasteless) and real cream. Lots of people also add the butter which I have tried but I just use more cocoanut oil instead.
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
I read that link and although it sounds tasty, personally I don't want any carbs. The lemon has natural sugar and nut butters have carbs. I just use cocoanut oil (tasteless) and real cream. Lots of people also add the butter which I have tried but I just use more cocoanut oil instead.
Thanks Meme. I hear ya on the carbs. These are for my husband and he doesn't eat low carb. What I decided to make are the cream cheese clouds with half butter/half c.o. I hope he likes them.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

My husband is gaining weight because he eats his full carb/sugar diet at lunch and then he eats my high fat and low carb dinners...then goes to the pantry after dinner for a high carb/sugar cereal and milk dessert. He is hooked.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
My husband is gaining weight because he eats his full carb/sugar diet at lunch and then he eats my high fat and low carb dinners...then goes to the pantry after dinner for a high carb/sugar cereal and milk dessert. He is hooked.
My husband was thin all his life until the last 5-6 yrs. and hardly knew what calories we're let alone carbohydrates Four yrs ago he was diagnosed with cancer of the larynx (yes he was a long time smoker). He almost died from the chemo and the radiation treatment was horrendous. His cancer came back less than a year later and he had to have his larynx (voicebox) removed. He has little sense of smell and compromised taste buds due to the radiation. He is so lucky that he can taste and enjoy food. While I would love nothing more for him to join me with a keto diet.....he has chosen not to and I respect his food choices. I do however want to sneak some coconut oil into him.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Use the coconut oil to cook with. He'll never know.