Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
A new day

Today was a new and different day for me. I decided to just breathe and listen to my body but stay focused on ultimate low carb no matter what it took.

I had egg whites in the am with .5 cup of brocc
lunch- 1 grill chicken breast ( that is what I wanted). No lettuce, no salad
Dinner after 2 hour workout-- 6 0z of chicken, roasted veggies in EVOO and I ventured out and tried 2 small little to go packets of Kerry gold butter.

I actually did not finish the protein for once in my freaking life!!! huge moment. I think the fat helped and I also think that not eating so much freaking roughage throughout the day was a good thing. I don't think my body likes all that all the time.

I returned the probiotic and will go back to my old one. This one made me bloated.

I need my gym or I am depressed. There... I said it. Not changing, so I have to find ways to fuel this little body to feel good everyday.

I also think that no nuts was a good move.

Looking back, I can recall putting red peppers on my salad and I wonder if that was making me feel puffy. Needless to say, lets see how things go tomorrow but right now, I am all ABOUT MEAT. It seems to be the only thing my body is liking ( fat as well).

Coconut oil gives me bad headaches, so that is not an option. It looks like for fat-- I will have to keep it to EVOO and fat in meats. You think that is ok?

Butter- I could try ghee again, but last time that made me constipated. Even if I have kerrygold a lot, it is not good for me. I definitely don't want to get in the habit of butter.

Lastly-- I SPLURGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a sprite zero and enjoyed every moment of it. I am going to allow myself a sprite zero now and then. Is that horrible right now to get me through?? Looking at my life: no cheese, no gluten, nothing processed, no fruit, very low carb, no nuts..so.... maybe this will be my treat until I lose the weight and feel more in control of my food, and then I can ditch the soda.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sbarr
Stats: 220/178.2/135 (11-Sept)
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis (18 carb/70 protein/116 fat)
Start Date: Jan 2005/Jan 2011/Oct 2012/Jan 2014 - bah!!
Peace - forgive me if you've said this earlier - why don't you eat egg yolks?
sbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
Yes-please eat the whole egg! Otherwise you're not getting any fat from it.

The diet soda won't kill you-many LCers indulge. Deprivation is the death knell for many a WOE. You'll have to figure out how it affects your loss/maintenance.
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:44 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I just don't like the taste of the yolks.

I am experimenting with this probiotic deal. Kind of annoying, but I will figure it out.

Thanks regarding the soda.. It cant be that bad!

I really think I just need to cut back on the protein and I will be good to go.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovetoknit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Today was a new and different day for me. I decided to just breathe and listen to my body but stay focused on ultimate low carb no matter what it took.

I had egg whites in the am with .5 cup of brocc
lunch- 1 grill chicken breast ( that is what I wanted). No lettuce, no salad
Dinner after 2 hour workout-- 6 0z of chicken, roasted veggies in EVOO and I ventured out and tried 2 small little to go packets of Kerry gold butter.

I actually did not finish the protein for once in my freaking life!!! huge moment. I think the fat helped and I also think that not eating so much freaking roughage throughout the day was a good thing. I don't think my body likes all that all the time.

I returned the probiotic and will go back to my old one. This one made me bloated.

I need my gym or I am depressed. There... I said it. Not changing, so I have to find ways to fuel this little body to feel good everyday.

I also think that no nuts was a good move.

Looking back, I can recall putting red peppers on my salad and I wonder if that was making me feel puffy. Needless to say, lets see how things go tomorrow but right now, I am all ABOUT MEAT. It seems to be the only thing my body is liking ( fat as well).

Coconut oil gives me bad headaches, so that is not an option. It looks like for fat-- I will have to keep it to EVOO and fat in meats. You think that is ok?

Butter- I could try ghee again, but last time that made me constipated. Even if I have kerrygold a lot, it is not good for me. I definitely don't want to get in the habit of butter.

Lastly-- I SPLURGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a sprite zero and enjoyed every moment of it. I am going to allow myself a sprite zero now and then. Is that horrible right now to get me through?? Looking at my life: no cheese, no gluten, nothing processed, no fruit, very low carb, no nuts..so.... maybe this will be my treat until I lose the weight and feel more in control of my food, and then I can ditch the soda.
As others have said, you should eat the whole egg. all the nutrition is in the yoke. Eat butter freely. It is good for you. If you are having problems with constipation, have some salt in water to drink. Also cooked spinach will help with that. If you are eating enough fat and drinking a lot of fluids, you should not have that problem. Add extra fat to your diet. If pop does not hinder your weight, you can have it if you want. It is really bad for the teeth however. Also too much of it can cause kidney stones.
Carolyn
lovetoknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

thanks Carolyn. I dont like the soda. Makes me feel gross.. so that is a sign. The good news is that I have no desire to drink it again.. yes, I agree, not good for my teeth and I do love to smile.

Working on the fat issue.. slowly. It takes time, but I am slowly increasing it to help with constipation and overall health. I appreciate your feedback.